Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marissa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile I Want Abs!! Please Reply

I am 17, and I'm slim but I don't have a flat tummy...and it doesn't look right ....do I do sit ups if so how many...?? I wanna see results!

please respond.
    my email is TurQueeze@aol.com
    Marissa

Marissa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

OH YEA

is 200 situps enough???? for each day? I'm new at this lol

Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Harkamus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think you're overdoing it. 200 would be overtraining in my opinion. The key is the contraction.... Also don't forget reverse crunches and hanging knee/leg raises(if possible).
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body." -US Marines

cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cashbagg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have a layer of fat hiding them abs, no amount of situps will help. You gotta burn it off with cardio!

ain't nuttin but a peanut AznBB's Avatar
    AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000) AznBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    im gonna go with cash bagg on this one... doing hundreds of situps isnt gonna melt away that flab... its diet and cardio which are gonna do it

Registered User D.Muthu Prakash's Avatar
    D.Muthu Prakash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Please do situps daily with out weight upto 300
    after 300 situps increase weight one by one upto 10 Kg. first
    D.Muthu PRakash

Bodzilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do not do 300 situps a day. This guy has not a clue. Your abs are like any other muscle. Train them once a week. 2 sets of 25 very slow crunches. Your best friend is cardio. Once you lose the fat, everyone has abs.
    You can only build a strong brick house one brick at a time.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    once a week my ass, abs are a very small muscle group, thus if takes less time for them to recover, so 3 times a week is more like it

goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goonies86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

hey!, dont forget variety to hit your hole tummy

here's a site of some exercises
    http://www.galaxyofhealth.com/abexercises.html
    hope it helps

H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10) H2POLO is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

Hey I have a question ive been during about 200 situps a day and I feel the burn but I am never sore the next day! Recently i put some weight on my chest and did it only 4 sets of 25 reps and i was sore for 5 days!! Should I continue during 200 a day with no weight or should do less reps with some weight??????????????????????????????????

tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tigertailbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Def. do abs more than once per week! I do them about 4X per week. And no, just because you have no fat does not mean you have abs. If you want to slim down, yes cardio is very imporant, but if you're skinny and just don't have cut in your stomach you must train your abs hard and probably with weight resistance. Leg raises are great for the lower abs. Decline situps are a classic. And never neglect the good ole' crunch. Remember it's the motion and CONTRACTION, not the # you do. GO SLOW and make it hurt! If you were sore from doing situps with weight keep doing them until you're not sore the next day, then find something to make you sore!

WATTANA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guys BODZILLA is correct, but what I tend to do is more abs as soon as they stop hurting, so mabey 2-3 times a week
    If it doestn't kill you, it will make you stronger!

TheGeezza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb

I have found the most productive method for developing my abdomials is to ensure that I use a full range of motion along with controlled movement as the focus. It's also good to really squeeze the abs at the top of the movement.
    I find doing crunches using a high cable pulley to provide the resistance very effective!

PAz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PAz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i may be wrong, but im sure i heard that if you can do 200 sit-ups your doing them wrong?
    isnt it best to do like different exercises, say feet flat crunch, crossover crunch, reverse crunch, oblique crunch, leg up crunch and hi up crunch, say 1 set of each and say 20 reps, rather then just 200 straight?

I may be wrong but im sure i read that, and thats what i use
    - PAz

TheGeezza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Any joker can swing out 200 sit ups. It's all about a controled movement and contraction.
    PAz is right about using different techniques. Different AB exercises still work the entire abdominal area but simply shift the focus.

ripped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ripped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree, anyone can do 200 crunches easily...all they do is quickly crunch and go down and keep going at a very fast pace...it's not that hard... Instead do them in a very slow controlled motion, on your way up go up rather slowly and hold the contraction for a sec or two, then go back down slowly, You will feel a massive burn once you hit anywhere from 20-40, slow and controlled is the way to go. You dont see people doing 100 squats as fast as they possibly can do you? I personally like to train abs around 4x a week as well, 1 is no where near enough for me.

WhiteKnuckles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The crunch is better than situps for your abs but it is still only an average exercise. I do 3 big supersets doin each subset to failure. Bicyle motion, lying verticle extensions, reverse crunches, twisting leg up crunches, cruches, and finish with ab wheel. No rest between subsets and about 2-3min rest between supersets. I do this twice a week on my off days. If this doesnt get you sore then your not pushing yourself hard enough. If your diet and cardio is really good I guarantee awesome results. I wouldnt recommend the ab wheel unless your in good shape already and you have a strong lower back.
    Last edited by WhiteKnuckles; 02-21-2002 at 02:33 PM.
    I have learned silence from the talkative; tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind.
    I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.

Blessed are those who can hide the flaws of others, especially from themselves.

ripped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ripped4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmm...not a bad routine...sure beats mine, might have to give it a shot I hear ya on the ab wheel...damn thing works my lower back more than anything! (considering my abs are already burned out)

gopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I only hit mine once a week

2 sets of reverse crunch or hanging leg raises and 2 sets of weighted crunches or kneeling cable crunches. I use enough weight to hit failure at around 12 -15 reps. That's all I do and I've got a nice set of abs if I do say so myself. Diet is far more important for showing off your abs. Even if you never trained abs a day in your life you can still have a 6 pak if your BF is low enough.

health freak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

abs

u gotta do oblique twists! the best exercise there is for abs. just take a broom stick or a bar, put it on you neck like your gonna do squats, and twist from side to side.
    Freak
    Lift like a pussy, look like a pussy...

Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I have a question ive been during about 200 situps a day and I feel the burn but I am never sore the next day! Recently i put some weight on my chest and did it only 4 sets of 25 reps and i was sore for 5 days!! Should I continue during 200 a day with no weight or should do less reps with some weight??????????????????????????????????
    I want to start off by saying, I don't do sit-ups, nor would I recommend them. Not that they are bad for you, but because they are so overrated. Only 1/3 of the actual sit-up focuses on the abdominal region, the rest is on the hips. I'm assuming or course, that you do them to try and flatten your stomache and add some muscle definition. That being said, crunches are great, matter of fact they are probably the best exercise you can do for you whole abdominal region. I do all kinds of different crunches, of course I do the basic "crunch" but I make up other variations of the crunch that might compliment my upper abdominal muscles, intercoastals, and obliques. Reverse crunches are also great for the lower abs. Remember, keep good form, your trying to increase muscle mass, not ego.

Now as for the reason you were so sore from the sit-ups when adding weight. First, there is nothing wrong with adding weight to your exercises, matter of fact, most weight lifters would recommend it. Ok two reasons you were sore:

1. You added weight which is going to increase the intensity level while lowering the amount of reps. If you can decrease your reps, DO IT! You want more intensity and good form, this increases muscle mass. Concentrate on every single REP. Remember, you'll only be cheating yourself! Try to keep your reps around 10-20, if your not feeling it(if its a crunch with good form, you should be, I don't care how strong your abs are), add some weights to it.

2. You confused your muscles. This is another thing alot of amatuers forget or don't know about. Change your routine periodically. The body adapts to your work-out, don't let it. Mix up your exercises, increase weight, whatever, but do something different.
    I'm not lost, I just don't care WHERE I am!

AJ UK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OK to get your abs showing you gotta do cardio, lots of it, have a balanced diet, and hit each area in training.

Training:

Upper abs: Crunches, 20 reps, 3 sets
    Lower Abs: Pelvic Tilts, 20 reps, 3 sets
    Obliques: Side Bends (weight if poss), 20 reps, 3 sets

Cardio:

Do cardio at leat 3 times a week up to 5 times a week for at least 20 minutes each session.

jogging, running, cycling, swimming, aerobics, skipping.

E-Mail me for any help and look for my articles

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/aj.htm

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IF I'm doing decline crunch and I want to fail at around 15-20 reps, where the hell do i put the damn weight? and what kind of weight? plates or dumbbells??

I've been doing decline crunches and i need to get aaround 35 reps to fail...that takes me way too much and i lose the concentration after 2 sets of 35 reps...help plz
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Andrew M has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Slow them down, practice good form. Make is a real slow life, concentrate on your midsection, not your arms and neck. Make every REP count!
    I'm not lost, I just don't care WHERE I am!

Registered User SuperSaiyonGoku's Avatar
    Location: london, u know.. fish chips, cup O tea, bad food, worse weather, mary fukkin poppins LONDON!
    SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50) SuperSaiyonGoku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    most of the training for a 6 pac is done in the kitchen... with a good diet n allot of will power..... not by doing 300 situps... ignorant people
    "Once again you've taken for granted the powers of a true saiyan!" - Vegeta

dkidwell83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so I read a lot of different names of crunch variations. Can someone please elaborate. Thanks

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dkidwell83 View Post
    so I read a lot of different names of crunch variations. Can someone please elaborate. Thanks
    wow... 7 year old thread

Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    wow... 7 year old thread
    i just did a search under exercises for abs
    it came up and had more responses than any other thread.

AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AreThoseReal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    too lazy to read everything. and of course diet and cardio is very important but you need to treat abs like any other muscle. sit ups are greatbut alone are ineffective and are a waste of time. you need to challenge and change up you're ab workouts like you would any other muscle. you need to add weight and go through different plains of motion. more reps doesnt always mean more efficiency.. you need to do high volume with low volume and difficult/low rep/weighted exercises as well. crunches alone will not hit every part of the abdominals

Originally Posted by AreThoseReal View Post
    too lazy to read everything. and of course diet and cardio is very important but you need to treat abs like any other muscle. sit ups are greatbut alone are ineffective and are a waste of time. you need to challenge and change up you're ab workouts like you would any other muscle. you need to add weight and go through different plains of motion. more reps doesnt always mean more efficiency.. you need to do high volume with low volume and difficult/low rep/weighted exercises as well. crunches alone will not hit every part of the abdominals
    so what are some good exercises to work the full scope of the abdominal muscles?