matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matl33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you get buff off of Push Ups?

Hey im starting to do 500 push ups a day. With 750 sit ups. Can I get buff off of this? And how long do u think it will take?
    im taking creatine. Any help would be great. Thanks

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That's a lot of pushups

Are you buff?

If not, I guess it doesn't work

Expend some of that effort buying weights or a gym membership IMO.

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Push-ups are great, until you want to work different muscles or add a bunch of resistance.

AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000) AmazinJason is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by matl33 View Post
    Hey im starting to do 500 push ups a day. With 750 sit ups. Can I get buff off of this? And how long do u think it will take?
    im taking creatine. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Why not just join a gym or invest in some equipment?

Push ups can only take you so far. I guess you can do it with your legs elevated and wearing a backpack with textbooks or something to make it harder, but it is still limited, and you are only working out your chest, triceps, and abs with push ups and sit ups. What about your other muscles?

ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ohsigmachi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pushups are a very flexible exercise, there are a ton of variations you can do that work nearly all of your upper body muscles. I have my son(9 yr old) do pushups or pullups once a day to work on his overall upper body strength. I can go two weeks and never have him to the same style pushup/pullup back to back.
    I squat barefoot.

Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shrederator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ohsigmachi View Post
    Pushups are a very flexible exercise, there are a ton of variations you can do that work nearly all of your upper body muscles. I have my son(9 yr old) do pushups or pullups once a day to work on his overall upper body strength. I can go two weeks and never have him to the same style pushup/pullup back to back.
    That still doesn't address progression.

Is he going to start stacking plates on his back until he gets up to the resistance he needs to continue to grow?

I know I wouldn't want to waste hours and hours grinding out push-ups and sit-ups for some dismal gains.