Throughout my teens and twenties I've seen a lot of what I'm sure my fellow misc brahs can relate to. I've worked the bottom of the barrel jobs (waiting tables/unloading trucks/dealing with 30 year old asst. manager going nowhere in life retail phaggotry). I've done the college/university lifestyle (parties every weekend, epic one nighters studying, trolling for teh ladies), and finally, I'm working in corportate america, CEO10kadayin.
This thread is dedicated to all the little tips and advice I can offer, starting with the most simplistic, things you can implement immediately that might make your journey to brotastic success a little easier. Not all of my advice is perfect, and I'm no e-guru, but I feel like bb.com has been void of a thread where brahs share their secrets of everyday living.
I hope everyone will contribute to this thread and give their advice and tips. With all the alpha male, vag pounding, forevernotalone, clive bicep'd brahs we've got here on the misc, the benefits could be epic.
- In my car, and in my backpack, I keep a bodybuilding diet survival kit. This consists of a shaker bottle filled with water, a small tuperware container with a scoop of whey, a box of Natures Valley granola bars, and a jar of natty peanutbutter, and a knife. We've all been there, we go out with friends, head to a party, or get caught up running errands, we have to spend the whole day on campus, and we miss a meal. With these items in my car, I can always conjure up a nice little snack to carry me over to my next meal. I spread a serving of natty PB on top of the granola bars and mix up the whey. Tastes great, it's cheap, and most importantly, it's feasible.
** Keep the PB somewhere in the car that is relatively temperature resistant, in the winter the PB will get hard, in the summer, it will get hot and stink up your car if you're not careful
- Cold shower and loud music in the morning and/or before the gym. If you haven't done this, I highly recommend it. Put an ihome (or cheap imitation) in your bathroom and blast your favorite pump up music while taking a COLD shower. Cold showers are energizing on their own, but the fusion of the two will really help get you going in the morning and get you ready to grab life by the horns and take what you want. The cold shower will also help to avoid drying your skin out in this cold, dry, winter weather. I also use this time to 'mire my gains.
-After you're done at the gym, go to the lockeroom, look at yourself in the mirror, and go hit it for 10 more minutes. I do this a lot, and I think it really helps to push my body that extra mile, and get that extra boost to my gains. After I'm done with my workout, I'll look at myself in the mirror, admire my pump, and then look at everything I want to change, everything I could improve, everything I know I should be working for, but so often lose motivation. For me, this gives me the drive to go out and pump out a few more sets before quitting. Be smart though, don't push yourself into a two hour workout, just use this to remember to go that extra mile to achieve greatness.
Appearance and Attraction Tips
-Invest in a beard trimmer. Seriously, this is one of the best investments I've made for my appearance. They're not expensive, and after some practice, you can really shape your facial hair into a pattern/length that accentuates your best features (if you're lucky enough to have grown it already, stay strong young brahs, your time will come). I have a Wahl beard trimmer, it was only 20 bucks, and it's solid as a rock. If you rock this thing without the included extensions, it will give you a nice short stubble that looks clean, yet alpha as fuk. You can't beat the price. There's a ton on the market, and they have a plethora of em at Wal Mart/Meijer/Target/Kmart. Try it, seriously.
-Do your ****ing laundry, and iron your clothes. I know this is obvious, but I get lazy from time to time and slack on the laundry and end up with a very limited wardrobe because nothing is ever clean, I see my friends doing this as well. Make a laundry routine, GTL it Jersey Shore style if you want, but just get your **** done. For those of you working a corporate job, wake up an hour early and iron and starch your shirts. Nothing looks more baller than a crisp, clean, form fitting collared shirt. Everyone (bosses, coworkers, friends, and GIRLS) respect and admire guys who can not only dress well, but also keep clean. It communicates power, and that you have CONTROL over your life.
Build a stable of colognes.There's no easier way of boosting your attractiveness a little bit than spritzing some cologne before going out to face the world. It's not really all that expensive when you consider how much you get, compared to how much you need. Buy a new bottle every couple of months, and before long, you will be able to choose a cologne from your shelf that perfectively fits your mood and the nature of what it is your about to go do. And hey, smelling nice gives interested females a great way to open YOU. Hearing "wow, you smell good" from a hot girl never gets old, and gives you a great opportunity to ease into a conversation. There you go, one more way of making yourself make a cold approach, since we all dread that so much.
Buy a nice watch. For all you guys who complain about not being taken seriously, or those of you trying to get ahead in the corporate world, treat yourself to a nice watch. There's a million differnet styles out there. It's a low risk way to accessorize for those of you afraid of looking metro. A fossil watch is relatively cheap and will make you appear a little more grown up and mature. For anyone wanting to boost their swag, check out g-shocks and other ballin watches. You can wear a watch without looking like a nerd/square/old man. The options might as well be endless. Also, I've always thought wearing a watch broke up the appearance of my forearm, and makes it look less long/lanky and more muscular. It no doubt accentuates a ripped forearm. You deserve it after all of those painful wrist curls and tireless hours masturbating.
Find a barber who knows what looks good on you. A good haircut can really change your appearance and draw attention to your good features (away from your bad ones, too). I've always had more success with barbers than hair stylists, but hey, that's only been my experience. One thing I also like to do is go in between haircuts every couple of weeks and get everything cleaned up (sideburns, neckline, etc), really helps me with that clean/masculine look. And who needs a counselor? Nothing is more theraputic to a man than some good old fashioned banter with your barber. These guys have heard it all, and give great advice about all facets of life.
Shoes, build your stable. I try to buy a new pair of shoes every month or two, and this way, I have a ton of options, and each pair lasts a **** load longer, since I'm not wearing the same raggety pair everyday.
Network, network, and network some more. The times in my life that I have gotten laid the most, made the most friends, and generally had the most fun, have always been in close correlation to how much I put myself out there and meet new people. Meeting women isn't all cold approaching and going to bars/clubs. Meeting girls through mutual friends is one of the easiest, most stress free, and (in my experience) the most successful way of attracting. Talk to everyone to come in contact with. The cashier, your neighbors in the classroom, the people you see on campus, familiar faces at work, your roommates friends, EVERYONE. The more people who know you, the more doors will open up. Never rule out the idea that a friendship or acquaintance could be your opening to meeting a girl you want. Even ugly guys, and ugly girls associate themselves with hot girls. And honestly, nothing is better for a career than knowing a ton of people.
Be a man. Don't be afraid to tell it like you see it. I catch myself doing this a lot, and I see it in a lot of other guys. When they are around a girl they are interested in, they either agree with everything they say and laugh at everything to try and convince the girl that they are somehow meant for each other, or they tease a girl in an obvious attempt to build attraction. I'm not totally knocking the second example, as that works a lot of the time, and I respect guys who do it. But if you can just find a point where you call a girl on her bull**** and tease her, but aren't afraid to agree with her when she's right, it tends to work in your favor. (Again, this is my experience, who knows)
keep a clean room, apartment, house at all times. You never know when you're going to get laid, and it's never fun to have a girl to the point where she will come home with you, and you have to fret over the idea that she will see your nasty living area. No girl in her right mind fantasizes about ****ing a guy with dirty dishes and worn clothes thrown randomly throughout his stanky room. She'd probably **** you either way if it gets to that point, but she's more likely to come back if you're not a slob.
General life Tips (Work, school, etc)
- Stay on top of your work, digging yourself out of a hole ****ing sucks. Life is so much easier when you can break your work into small chunks and stay ahead of the game.
- Participate in class discussions. It will make you feel more connected and a part of your class. It will make others notice you. It communicates confidence, intelligence, and competency. It will make your professor respect you and view you favorably. It will help keep you interested and focused in class. I always liked to sit in the back of the class, and always loved when I would say something in class that would make people turn around and think "who is this guy, that was intelligent", especially girls. When you sit in the front, you can't really tell who is behind you and checking you out.
- Be in the room when you are in the room. Don't sit there and text. Don't daydream about how ripped/intelligent/funny/incredible you are going to be in a year. Talk to the people in the room. Be active. Engage in the matter at hand.
- When you are at work, work your ****ing ass off. Tap into that part of your brain that shows drive and intensity, just like you do in the gym. I know work sucks, but you are going to be there whether you loathe it, or bust your ass. Frame it in your mind as "I'm here to kick some ass and get things done". Bosses notice, coworkers notice. You don't have to kiss ass, just kick ass.
- When you are down on yourself, look at yourself in the mirror, and remember that you need to play for team "ME". At the end of the day, it's your ****ing life. We all beat ourselves up, we all have flaws, and we all fall short from time to time. Remember to make yourself happy. Don't forget who numero uno is.
-Find spiritual/religious happiness. I don't give a fuk which religion. I don't care if it's not a god or religion at all. Find a purpose for yourself. Put your faith and trust in something and it will empower you. Live to honor something greater than yourself.
Holy Fark that was WAY more than I planned on writing. Hope you enjoyed some of that and got something out of it. Give me some tips. GOOOOOOOOOOOOO BRAHHHHHHSHSSSSSSS