Closed Thread
Page 129 of 225 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 6728
    Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kromie View Post
    Is it just me or is R'hlorr the only God that actually does stuff?
    R'hllor hasn't done anything.
    Red priests have.
    Last edited by Ice-9; 04-23-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tip Top View Post
    tha fuk? did you even pay attention?

her father was overthrown by Robert, and she and her brother escaped and grew up in exile in the outerlands across the narrow sea. her brother actually had the claim, and sold her to khal drogo to get his army to go back and retake the throne, but you know how that ended...
    think i need to rewatch, short-term memory loss sucks sometimes cause i dont remember. Because I was clueless, when i started watching. i remember her being in a nice place i guess that was kings landing? But I dont remember rob workin with ned to take over anything... Fuark. gonna watch s1 today again I guess.

please dont hate, just tryin to fill this missing link in my mind.

TheManWho Sold The World Randall Flagg's Avatar
    Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Mattash2g View Post
    Have not read the books yet, but will be definitely reading them soon so I know what the phuck is going on. I can't wait years to know the entire story, it's driving me crazy.
    ROFL!

brb read the first three books in 2001, still do not know the entire story
    brb GRRM taking 5 years between the last two books and they end up sucking
    brb still no end in sight

Sorry brah... you are in for disappoint. At this point I have higher hopes for the TV show than the books. (srs)
    Here's a will that will glow in the dark.

kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kromie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Ice-9 View Post
    Red priests have.
    But Red Priests would have to get their power from somewhere (most likely R'hlorr).

Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Harrenhal look fuarking sick, I got way excited during the opening credits when they added it and Qarth. I really like how they add the new destinations to the opener

^^^^^ edit: you guys might wanna take that to the spoiler thread
    PhD in Broscience from Misc U.

Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ agreed. the intro's one of the best parts. always fun seeing a new location in it.

Originally Posted by Embalmist View Post
    think i need to rewatch, short-term memory loss sucks sometimes cause i dont remember. Because I was clueless, when i started watching. i remember her being in a nice place i guess that was kings landing? But I dont remember rob workin with ned to take over anything... Fuark. gonna watch s1 today again I guess.

please dont hate, just tryin to fill this missing link in my mind.
    wow.

not rob, Robert. Baratheon. they only talked about it...they never showed it, since it happened ~15 years before the events of the first season. the 'nice place' she was in was Pentos, her and her brother were being protected by the magister Illyrio since he acknowledged their claim to the throne.

Registered User genericandwitty's Avatar
    genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    ROFL!

brb read the first three books in 1999, still do not know the entire story

Sorry brah... you are in for disappoint. At this point I have higher hopes for the TV show than the books. (srs)
    edit:

guess we can't use the white font trick? Whatever.
    Last edited by genericandwitty; 04-23-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10) Embalmist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^ agreed. the intro's one of the best parts. always fun seeing a new location in it.

wow.

not rob, Robert. Baratheon. they only talked about it...they never showed it, since it happened ~15 years before the events of the first season. the 'nice place' she was in was Pentos, her and her brother were being protected by the magister Illyrio since he acknowledged their claim to the throne.
    thank you.i meant the fat king when i said rob. but eyah, thanks now it makes sense.

Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tip Top has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GTFO with this spoiler sh*t. ^^^ delete that post.

gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    I really like how they add the new destinations to the opener
    yes, this
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment"
    "Ny Giants Crew"

White Knight in training BanWagon's Avatar
    BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BanWagon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ROFL!

Books have been dragging. I expected a time skip in the 4th book but we didn't get ****.
    I rep back all Heavenly Blessed Beauties. Rep me to find out if you are the most gorgeous thing that I have ever set my eyes on. My life has now changed and I am now a better person because of you. I look forward to waking up every morning so I can bask in your everlasting glow. Love is an understatement and all words are too vague to express the love I have for you. Your genuine innocence and love is an inspiration to us all!

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    just that hers was first, time-wise. the targaryans united the seven seperate kingdoms, so they didn't usurp anyone before them, they conquered and brought together. they 'started' the realm, so she really just had the claim first.

note that we're acknowledging that other kings have 'claims' to the throne as well...the term 'claim' is up to interpretation for all of them, but hers is the strongest.
    By your logic, this bitch is the rightful ruler of the USA

Originally Posted by An hero View Post

see: Treaty of Paris.

the Targaryans never signed a treaty.

NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) NYbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)

retard pls go
    Ron Paul 2012

Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000) Smokes is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by genericandwitty View Post
    edit:

guess we can't use the white font trick? Whatever.
    a lot of people run the black/grey background format since it's less intense and easier on the eyes (fewer headaches for me) and all text is white so the trick doesn't work
    PhD in Broscience from Misc U.

maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250) maybesew has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Any of you guys want to write episode recaps or opinion pieces for my web site? Traffic is taking off, almost 2,000 page views a day. PM if interested
    Aisle by Aisle Keto Shopping Guide ----> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117649931

genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10) genericandwitty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Smokes View Post
    a lot of people run the black/grey background format since it's less intense and easier on the eyes (fewer headaches for me) and all text is white so the trick doesn't work
    oh...

I can't believe they haven't added ****ing [spoiler ] tags yet. I'm on forums that are significantly less well run, make way less money, and they all have them. It's awesome, you have a button you press and it drops down. Even if quoted.

Sorry for the spoilers then. Thought I was being all clever.

An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000) An hero is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NYbrah View Post
    retard pls go
    Very eloquent explanation of your position on the matter

Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "I never win anything,” Dolorous Edd complained. “The gods always smiled on Watt, though. When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?”
    “Was it a long fall?” Grenn wanted to know. “Did landing in the pool of water save his life?”
    “No,” said Dolorous Edd. “He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing the rocks."
    "REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM."

☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Randall Flagg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    oh...

I can't believe they haven't added ****ing [spoiler ] tags yet. I'm on forums that are significantly less well run, make way less money, and they all have them. It's awesome, you have a button you press and it drops down. Even if quoted.
    But how would that help sell supplements?

KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KenshinR1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

some would you say that you are correct.....
    ★cVc★
    US Army Veteran

xbox gamertag: KenshinR1
    Always pick #4 crew
    OU Sooners - OKC Thunders

toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ice-9 View Post
    Red priests have.
    Brb melisandre shiiting out that thing was just smoke and mirrors. Moran

ROFL!

AFFC was more talky than the other books but it sets up the plot for ADWD. If you thought ADWD sucked, you should give up on the series now because the show will never be better than the books. Derp.
    1LT

gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) gentao has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    nothing but bickering in this thread
    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment"
    "Ny Giants Crew"

Originally Posted by toasted11 View Post

AFFC was more talky than the other books but it sets up the plot for ADWD. If you thought ADWD sucked, you should give up on the series now because the show will never be better than the books. Derp.
    The problem wasn't too much talk, it was too many irrelevant characters and no forward movement for the relevant ones. Without getting spoilery, ADWD focused on more relevant characters, but there was still almost no forward movement at all. Yet we're still "two books away" from the end according to Martin... just like we've been since 2001.

Honestly bro, I pretty much have given up on the series. Martin looks about one cheeseburger away from a heart attack. I foresee a Robert Jordan type scenario for finishing this series as I doubt the guy's even got another 2 books (that is, 10 years) in him.

Either way, at this rate the TV series will catch up to and pass by the books, which may force them to go their own way to finish the story. In which case it's entirely possible it ends up better than however the books end. IMO.

EDIT: All this said, the first three books remain among my favorites ever, and will be fondly remembered whatever the outcome.

Originally Posted by gentao View Post
    nothing but bickering in this thread
    and spoilers...you forgot to mention the spoilers.

i want to talk about the show just as much as you do but people keep posting either spoilers or retarded questions about stuff that has already been explicitly described by the show. it's like there's no middle ground

The problem wasn't too much talk, it was too many irrelevant characters and no forward movement for the relevant ones. Without getting spoilery, ADWD focused on more relevant characters, but there was still almost no forward movement at all. Yet we're still "two books away" from the end according to Martin... just like we've been since 2001.

Honestly bro, I pretty much have given up on the series. Martin looks about one cheeseburger away from a heart attack. I foresee a Robert Jordan type scenario for finishing this series as I doubt the guy's even got another 2 books (that is, 10 years) in him.

Either way, at this rate the TV series will catch up to and pass by the books, which may force them to go their own way to finish the story. In which case it's entirely possible it ends up better than however the books end. IMO.
    That's when you say **** it and read the Erikson series because it's actually finished.

I still have hopes for the series, but he doesn't seem to be taking it half as seriously as Jordan did. I mean, when Jordan said in the author's notes in his books that he would keep on writing until they put the nail in his coffin, he was serious. If a new book isn't released in 2013, I'm going to get scared.

Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50) Motaba will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's when you say **** it and read the Erikson series because it's actually finished.

I still have hopes for the series, but he doesn't seem to be taking it half as seriously as Jordan did. I mean, when Jordan said in the author's notes in his books that he would keep on writing until they put the nail in his coffin, he was serious. If a new book isn't released in 2013, I'm going to get scared.
    Read the 1st book, didn't like it and to much fantasy.
    "REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM."

☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) toasted11 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

EDIT: All this said, the first three books remain among my favorites ever, and will be fondly remembered whatever the outcome.
    I agree for the most part. I thought ADWD started slow but really picked up. The series was first supposed to be a trilogy, then it became 5, now 7. I definitely think we're on track still but I could see another book being added. GRRM has a couple hundred pages to the next book done already and has released some preview chapters already. Also, with the show taking off, there's more pressure to keep him motivated to finish the books. Hopefully summer of 2013 we get the next book.
    1LT

Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ice-9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by toasted11 View Post
    So Red Priests have an innate ability, strengthened through training....much like wargs or maesters.
    What does that have to do with R'hllor....moran

TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TurboLagBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Was bored so I checked out a GoT forums to see what they had to say about this episode. Was surprised by how many people wanted Ros dead (shot by Joffrey in that whore scene). She does get too much screen time though.
    "Calling it transportation is like calling sex reproduction." - Porsche 911 (Turbo)

No motorcycle anymore crew.

"When a guy takes off his coat, he's not going to fight. When a guy takes off his wristwatch, watch out!" - Al McGuire
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    F1- Scuderia Ferrari (Kimi), Lotus-Renault | MLB- NY Yankees | MotoGP- Ducati Team

Closed Thread