StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50)

EFS power rack???

This guy says:
    11 gauge steel

7.5 feet tall

One Set Rod and Pipe Spot Pins

1.5 to 2 inch hole spacing

Dip attachment

Bench

Sumo base for wide stance squatting and dead lifting

1 set safety pins; built to save bars when missing a lift

1 set of J-Hooks; (hooks are built to safely rack the bar while still
    allowing lifter to pull bar out of the rack

1 1/2" hole spacing from sumo base to 47" up; perfect for bench
    lockouts and pin pulls. Good for bench pressing. Bar can be set at
    perfect height

2" hole spacing from 49" to 74"; can make small adjustments to
    accommodate every height of lifter. (Most racks have 4" hole spacing
    making you choose to either % squat or perform calf raise to unrack
    bar from j-hooks

Rack Space: 7.5" taIl/43"x30" inside squatting area.

Total Foot Print = 49"x61"

He's asking for 2200 bucks. I looked this up with all the specs he mentioned and it turns out he's selling it for about 200 bucks mroe than I could get it online...shipped. Am I right or am I missing something?
    reppin back

alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfred18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I say $1500 cash It's alfred
    Denver Broncos- #24 Champ Bailey

Chicago Bulls- #1 Derrick Rose

Fav. Motivational Quote that pushes me to my LIMITS:
    "Obsession is what lazy people call dedication"
    "I am my own worst enemy, the only voice left taunting me is my own"

StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) StKizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alfred18 View Post
    I say $1500 cash It's alfred
    I never would have guess lol. I might actually consider that price if he decided to. But he's selling it for 200 bucks over market. I doubt he'd be willing to offer that much.
    reppin back

ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50) ftcondell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Make a lowball offer and all he can say is no. However if he responds witha counter offer or saying I won't go lower than such an amount then you know he will negotiate. At that price he is asking it may take him a while to get any offers and yours is then out there. I once got an Eleiko bar for $100 because I offered the guy and he took it.
    You can whine, cry, complain, moan, break, fall but just don't quit.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its a little hard to follow exactly, but my eye is bothering me and I'm tired....so it may not be you.

Anyway, let me see if I got this straight......he's got that sweet ass rack for sale for $2200 and you can get it shipped to your door for $2000?

Hmmmmm......if you're interested in an Elite rack and you have that kind of jack to spend on a rack......why would you pay more to go over and pick up somebody's used equipment?

The only benefit I see is you get it today?

On general principle I wouldn't buy it anywhere close to that price. Used equipment is always supposed to be cheaper and he's blatantly making money on you (or his supposed buyer I mean, not you). If he'll deal I'd consider it, but it better be good. I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for it, but everybody has their trigger point.

Hope you can get it though, it is a sweet set up.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The dip bar and bench are the only two items beyond the scope of a $1299 Elite rack. If you want the whole package, I'd offer $iK, pointing out that everything new is no more than $1900 . and see what he says.

If he's a homeowner, he's very unlikely to ship, which means his market is limited to
    your region.

On the flip side, you may not see another used EFS rack within driving distance for a long time.
    Last edited by Rokman; 02-10-2011 at 06:39 AM.

tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i actually got into a similar argument with my wife last night over selling used stuff because she wants to sell a one year old couch with literally nothing wrong with it because it doesnt match anymore. I think we paid a grand even for it and she wants to sell it for 600/ My contention is that if ur selling something used, even if its in perfecttttttttttt condition its still f&cking used, and its arrogant to sell it for a penny more than 75 percent of what it sells for new, for warranty reasons alone, so i said sell it for 750 not a penny more or less. similarly, i get mad when i see people on craigs selling gym equipment a year old for 95 percent of what they paid for it. elite doesnt bargain prices, so if they sell a rack for 2200 new, then 1700 is the magic price if its relatively new, and if its banged up noticably, then 1400 tops

Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tombro View Post
    i. similarly, i get mad when i see people on craigs selling gym equipment a year old for 95 percent of what they paid for it. elite doesnt bargain prices, so if they sell a rack for 2200 new, then 1700 is the magic price if its relatively new, and if its banged up noticably, then 1400 tops

I get chapped when guys on CL have the guts to make totally insulting, low-ball offers. I recently listed a piece that was used, in good shape, and when new, probably went for $650. I asked $179, yet this guy e mailed me 2x offering $75.

I tried contacting the guy earlier. No matter which bench it is he has he's either selling it 5, 10, or 25% above the market price. I'm going to tell him I wont go anywhere above 1200. Worth a shot.
    reppin back

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Rokman View Post
    I get chapped when guys on CL have the guts to make totally insulting, low-ball offers. I recently listed a piece that was used, in good shape, and when new, probably went for $650. I asked $179, yet this guy e mailed me 2x offering $75.
    haha, thread derail but I was selling a 42 inch DLP tv and asking $250 a few months back... some guy offered me 50 bucks and a pair of sunglasses... I didn't even respond.

To the OP, 2200 for a used rack is absurd, even if it is Elite, my opinion anyway.

Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    haha, thread derail but I was selling a 42 inch DLP tv and asking $250 a few months back... some guy offered me 50 bucks and a pair of sunglasses... I didn't even respond.

To the OP, 2200 for a used rack is absurd, even if it is Elite, my opinion anyway.
    Yea I've gotten some pretty silly offers for stuff I've sold extremely cheap as well.

Update: turns out the rack is brand new. Does that kinda screw me over from getting it for 1000 or 1200? lol. I really wont go over 1200 either way so I'm gonna give it a shot either way.
    reppin back

Lulz. was going through some past craigslist ads and some guy posted this:
    "BRAND NEW weights with warranty at academy sports for $190. This is no joke I'm just tired of greedy people posting on here YOU CANNOT SELL OLD USED **** FOR THE SAME AS NEW. that's the whole point of classified adds. its a forum for people to skip the middleman and search for used items at a discounted price from OTHER PEOPLE. Even if you sell new items you are not a retail store. I can't bring back what I buy from you in 3 months just because i want my money back, and if I break it than I'm stuck with it. It's a given that half of you are just morons and don't know better but please educate yourself on what things cost at the store. I'm not going to pay the same or more than retail for some rusty old broke ****; it's insane. "
    This is relevant I suppose.
    reppin back

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StKizzle View Post
    Yea I've gotten some pretty silly offers for stuff I've sold extremely cheap as well.

Update: turns out the rack is brand new. Does that kinda screw me over from getting it for 1000 or 1200? lol. I really wont go over 1200 either way so I'm gonna give it a shot either way.

Well, if its actually "brand new"....as in he just got it delivered to him....he apparently has buyer's remorse or decided to get another brand (who knows why). I guess there's other ways he could've gotten it, but since they're so heavy and sold mail order....only a few ways to actually get your hands on one. Whatever, technically, like when you buy a new car......it ain't really new anymore. Sucks to be the owner, unless of course he finds someone thats uninformed, but he's unlikely to find someone that simultaneously wants a rack like that and doesn't have some idea about its retail price. Anything's possible.

I think your plan of $1200 ceiling is fine. Win win for you pretty much. His rack is probably worth more than a typically "used" piece of comparable equipment, but he's got to offer some kind of discount on it. If he gets $2000 out of it, good for him, but seriously.....he's going to have to feel some pain for his mistake....its just life.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

I think you should consider the rack used, regardless of how he labels it. I've got stuff 5 years old that looks the same as when I bought it. It's out on the "craigslist market" where the demand for great gear that doesn't necessarily transport easily, is somewhat limited.

I wouldn't go over 1200 either

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If it's brand new why wouldn't he just return it?

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    Well, if its actually "brand new"....as in he just got it delivered to him....he apparently has buyer's remorse or decided to get another brand (who knows why). I guess there's other ways he could've gotten it, but since they're so heavy and sold mail order....only a few ways to actually get your hands on one. Whatever, technically, like when you buy a new car......it ain't really new anymore. Sucks to be the owner, unless of course he finds someone thats uninformed, but he's unlikely to find someone that simultaneously wants a rack like that and doesn't have some idea about its retail price. Anything's possible.

I think your plan of $1200 ceiling is fine. Win win for you pretty much. His rack is probably worth more than a typically "used" piece of comparable equipment, but he's got to offer some kind of discount on it. If he gets $2000 out of it, good for him, but seriously.....he's going to have to feel some pain for his mistake....its just life.
    I think you should consider the rack used, regardless of how he labels it. I've got stuff 5 years old that looks the same as when I bought it. It's out on the "craigslist market" where the demand for great gear that doesn't necessarily transport easily, is somewhat limited.

I wouldn't go over 1200 either
    I really doubt this guy bought it recently. I'm guessing the reason he has it priced so high is because it cost a bit more than that the time he bought it. And I'm sure elite fitness offers some sort of return policy and if he's not willing to pay the $200 shipping return then he must not be selling it at 200 dollars less anyways. Which in the end still makes the deal crap. And yea you're right, anyone that's willing to spend 2000 on an item isn't going to skip doing their homework before going through with it.
    reppin back

Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    If it's brand new why wouldn't he just return it?
    He says " NEVER USED; STILL IN CRATE"
    Like my post says above. He's probably just had it lying around for a while. Hope he calls me soon. wanna get this straightened out.
    reppin back

Lulz. was going through some past craigslist ads and some guy posted this:
    "BRAND NEW weights with warranty at academy sports for $190. This is no joke I'm just tired of greedy people posting on here YOU CANNOT SELL OLD USED **** FOR THE SAME AS NEW. that's the whole point of classified adds. its a forum for people to skip the middleman and search for used items at a discounted price from OTHER PEOPLE. Even if you sell new items you are not a retail store. I can't bring back what I buy from you in 3 months just because i want my money back, and if I break it than I'm stuck with it. It's a given that half of you are just morons and don't know better but please educate yourself on what things cost at the store. I'm not going to pay the same or more than retail for some rusty old broke ****; it's insane. "
    This is relevant I suppose.

Damn dude. Are you trying to get info about the EFS Rack or rant about CL sellers? If its rant, there is a whole thread on "Craigslist Crackheads" that want too much for their junk. Sorry, but you seem to not understand how some of this works. In another post you called some sellers in your area "stingy" and you've called the buyers ignorant and here it appears you are calling half of some group "morons".

Fact is, if I have something to sell.....you're not getting it for the "lowest price possible". You'll get if for the lowest price I'm willing to sell it for. Flip side is I'm not going to get the highest price possible....I'm going to get it for the highest price you're willing to pay for it. Its a market and it is exactly what it moves to be. Craigslist is not a place to give stuff away, its a bulletin board or classified ad website.....buy what you want and sell what you want but be happy with your decisions. Once I got to a certain age I can say I've never made a negotiation that "pissed me off". I may have been disappointed or wished I'd done better......but everything I've ever bought or sold was based on what I thought I could get, thought I'd have to give, or how either of those things fit into my current socio-economics at the time. Nobody's ever forced me to deal with them and until I get hooked up with the wrong people they never will.

Heck, I even bought a gun a few years ago at a show that ended up being priced about $75 more than I could've bought it new....then it had a broken piece that cost me another $75 to fix.....and it was not a popular firearm to begin with. Aside from the broken part, I don't think I got scammed.....I made a bad business decision and at the very moment I handed over my dollars....that gun was "worth" every penny I paid for it. Its value to another buyer was probably less, but I established what it was worth to me.

Heck, even your guy selling the rack isn't an ass if somebody comes up and shells out $2200 on the spot for that rack. He's just making a deal....at that price if he finds a buyer, said buyer will apparently be making a transaction that makes him happy. You, nor I, can tell either one of them what that transaction should cost.

I'm probably ranting a bit myself, but I'm not trying to beat you up. It just sounds like you're using a lot of your patience getting mad at crap that's out of your control and to some extent.....none of your busines (what people value their stuff at, I mean).

Just relax and the stuff you want will appear at the price you're willing to pay.....or you will change your needs, wants, or expectations.

Oh.....ended up trading the gun off for a snowblower valued at almost twice the price of the gun (after I fixed the gun...which I did, it was not quite as good of a deal). Anyway, it all ended well.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

"Still in crate". What, did his wife give him the boot or something?

Damn dude. Are you trying to get info about the EFS Rack or rant about CL sellers? If its rant, there is a whole thread on "Craigslist Crackheads" that want too much for their junk. Sorry, but you seem to not understand how some of this works. In another post you called some sellers in your area "stingy" and you've called the buyers ignorant and here it appears you are calling half of some group "morons".

Fact is, if I have something to sell.....you're not getting it for the "lowest price possible". You'll get if for the lowest price I'm willing to sell it for. Flip side is I'm not going to get the highest price possible....I'm going to get it for the highest price you're willing to pay for it. Its a market and it is exactly what it moves to be. Craigslist is not a place to give stuff away, its a bulletin board or classified ad website.....buy what you want and sell what you want but be happy with your decisions. Once I got to a certain age I can say I've never made a negotiation that "pissed me off". I may have been disappointed or wished I'd done better......but everything I've ever bought or sold was based on what I thought I could get, thought I'd have to give, or how either of those things fit into my current socio-economics at the time. Nobody's ever forced me to deal with them and until I get hooked up with the wrong people they never will.

Heck, I even bought a gun a few years ago at a show that ended up being priced about $75 more than I could've bought it new....then it had a broken piece that cost me another $75 to fix.....and it was not a popular firearm to begin with. Aside from the broken part, I don't think I got scammed.....I made a bad business decision and at the very moment I handed over my dollars....that gun was "worth" every penny I paid for it. Its value to another buyer was probably less, but I established what it was worth to me.

Heck, even your guy selling the rack isn't an ass if somebody comes up and shells out $2200 on the spot for that rack. He's just making a deal....at that price if he finds a buyer, said buyer will apparently be making a transaction that makes him happy. You, nor I, can tell either one of them what that transaction should cost.

I'm probably ranting a bit myself, but I'm not trying to beat you up. It just sounds like you're using a lot of your patience getting mad at crap that's out of your control and to some extent.....none of your busines (what people value their stuff at, I mean).

Just relax and the stuff you want will appear at the price you're willing to pay.....or you will change your needs, wants, or expectations.

Oh.....ended up trading the gun off for a snowblower valued at almost twice the price of the gun (after I fixed the gun...which I did, it was not quite as good of a deal). Anyway, it all ended well.
    So I make one post quoting some CL user and all of a sudden I'm turning this into a rant thread? You took both those past words out of context. I explained myself for the use of ignorant in that post and you can find the thread if you care to. I won't repeat myself. As for the stingy. I was more than likely refering to people who try to sell things for either the same or above the market price. Maybe some of them don't know what the actual price is, but the majority of them do and are likely labled correctly.

I don't know if you failed to realize it but I didn't type out that post you're refering to where I got "pissed off" it says so in the first sentence. As for the rest of the paragraph, it doesnt make sense. This isn't the same type of market as walmart where they give me a price and if I feel it's worthy I'll buy it. You can negotiate. that's what seperates both these markets. Yes a person can give me price and say it's final. But if I can come up with the most valid argument possible to get the price I feel your product is worth, I will. Just like ftcondell said: "I once got an Eleiko bar for $100 because I offered the guy and he took it." The difference between mine and his situation is that ftcondell didn't ask for 1000 dollars less than what the guy was asking. You're whole second paragraph is making it seem like I'm putting a gun to the guys head and making him take the 1200 for the rack. No, I came here because I felt I had a valid and convincing reason as to why it is not worth his asking price and so far most people have agreed. So what's the problem? It's not like he said price was final. In fact, he said 2200 OBO. So I'm sorry, but your argument is invalid.
    As for your fourth paragraph. Why is it that he's allowed to give an unreasonable price and still be considered cool. And I'm not allowed to give a reasonable price? If you look at the facts, his deal is by no means reasonable and I'm sure plenty of people would agree with me.
    I'm not gonna attack you like you did to me cause as I've said, the only reason you probably did that is cause you think I wrote that post. But I didn't, it made me lol that somebody went through the trouble of doing that which obviously had no effect on CL prices and posted it here. Anyways, thanks. But I'll stick to my guns. If I get the deal, awesome. If not, I aint even mad.
    reppin back

"Still in crate". What, did his wife give him the boot or something?
    Lol, no idea. I called a while back and some business machine answered. Thought it was the machine to a gym office (?) maybe but turns out it's some random poster store I've never heard of.
    reppin back

First of all, I'm not trying to attack you. I even said in the other post I realized I ranted a bit myself and wasn't trying to beat you up. I've kind of squished 3 of your posts together and to some extent hijacked your thread with other posts of yours....this may not be entirely fair.

For brevity, I'm not sure what post you're referring to that somebody else made up. I was referring to the stingy, ignorant, and moron remarks and your general anger at sellers. I'll try to keep my responses here short though.

Edit: Nevermind, I reread your post. I see what I did wrong. The whole post on the Academy plates was in quotes...I missed the second quotation. I see what you are saying. You did not call anyone a moron. My apologies.

...................This isn't the same type of market as walmart where they give me a price and if I feel it's worthy I'll buy it. You can negotiate. that's what seperates both these markets. Yes a person can give me price and say it's final. But if I can come up with the most valid argument possible to get the price I feel your product is worth, I will. Just like ftcondell said: "I once got an Eleiko bar for $100 because I offered the guy and he took it." The difference between mine and his situation is that ftcondell didn't ask for 1000 dollars less than what the guy was asking.

You can negotiate at Walmart. You're not likely to succeed, but you can. I can say no to any offer or argument you come up with...its my stuff. I can also agree to take the $100 offer for something I'd asked $2000 for....again, not likely, but I can.

I never said you can't make any offer you want.....simply said the two people involved should never be mad at any offer, nor mad by any negotiated deal, because no one forced them to make it.

You're whole second paragraph is making it seem like I'm putting a gun to the guys head and making him take the 1200 for the rack. No, I came here because I felt I had a valid and convincing reason as to why it is not worth his asking price and so far most people have agreed. So what's the problem? It's not like he said price was final. In fact, he said 2200 OBO. So I'm sorry, but your argument is invalid.

I agree his price is unreasonable too, I've said as much. There is no problem with what you've found with this situation. I wasn't addressing this thread, I was commenting on your comments and doing that because the third name (moron) fired me up a bit.....you didn't say that, so my ire was misplaced. Apology already made.

As for your fourth paragraph. Why is it that he's allowed to give an unreasonable price and still be considered cool. And I'm not allowed to give a reasonable price? If you look at the facts, his deal is by no means reasonable and I'm sure plenty of people would agree with me.

His price is unreasonable by most standards. It isn't however twice what the thing is worth, so I'm not sure it would be considered in the "crackhead" realm. As far as him being "cool" if he finds a buyer at that point, I'm just trying to make a point. If somebody sees that thing and thinks its badass and they have to have it, they may go over right now on a speed boat and shell out 22x $100 bills.

Was his price unreasonable? To me, you, and almost everybody else....yes..........not to the guy that gave him the money. That's why I used my own example of the gun purchase.......the guy was asking too much and I made an uninformed bad decision....but right at the moment I made it....I was happy and believed the pistol to be of the value (at least to me) I had paid for it. If I had ended up really liking it (and had it not been broke)....might still be ok with it today. (Unfortunately, I'm not good at buying weapons....so I have a story like that too.....way overpaid for a rifle ten years ago and still own it.....but it is bad ass so I'm good ).

Also, you aren't unreasonable to offer ANYTHING you want for the rack. That's the point of the offer. He shouldn't be mad by even a low ball as far as I'm concerned, because at least he knows someone's looking. I've low balled a lot of times and got turned down, only to be email days or even weeks later to be told they'll meet somewhere in the middle....which was what I was looking for to begin with.

I'm not gonna attack you like you did to me cause as I've said, the only reason you probably did that is cause you think I wrote that post. But I didn't, it made me lol that somebody went through the trouble of doing that which obviously had no effect on CL prices and posted it here. Anyways, thanks. But I'll stick to my guns. If I get the deal, awesome. If not, I aint even mad.

I hope I've covered the part where I wasn't trying to go on the attack. I think your post is funny now too, looking back. I almost always click on any CL post that starts with "RE:" because its somebody bitching about somebody's ad and sometimes they are damn funny.

Oh....I do hope you get your rack for $1200.....its a nice piece of equipment.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Was his price unreasonable? To me, you, and almost everybody else....yes..........not to the guy that gave him the money. That's why I used my own example of the gun purchase.......the guy was asking too much and I made an uninformed bad decision....but right at the moment I made it....I was happy and believed the pistol to be of the value (at least to me) I had paid for it. If I had ended up really liking it (and had it not been broke)....might still be ok with it today. (Unfortunately, I'm not good at buying weapons....so I have a story like that too.....way overpaid for a rifle ten years ago and still own it.....but it is bad ass so I'm good ).

Oh....I do hope you get your rack for $1200.....its a nice piece of equipment.
    It's completely fine. I skimmed over the rest of it considering the rest of the argument is completely useless now that we cleared that post up.

He hasn't called me back I think I'll just email him.
    reppin back