ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ryeguy1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How does weight capacity work on power racks?

I'm thinking about getting the Powerline PPR200X Power Rack to start with. Searching around it says the weight capacity is 600 lbs. Does this mean it can handle 600 lbs of weight resting on it and that's it? Or does it include what the force would be if you dropped the bar on it? If it's the latter, what do you think the max weight is I should be using with it?

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ryeguy1 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting the Powerline PPR200X Power Rack to start with. Searching around it says the weight capacity is 600 lbs. Does this mean it can handle 600 lbs of weight resting on it and that's it? Or does it include what the force would be if you dropped the bar on it? If it's the latter, what do you think the max weight is I should be using with it?
    Its just marketing they have to pick some number.

I guess they load a barbell up to 600lbs at the squat position and say thats what it can take. Then at 601, its not like falls down or anything. It can probably do over 1000lbs, or more.

Its just a light duty rack for residential use. Im sure you could bench 300 and squat 400 on it if that's what you're asking a specific number - which would be good for a starting rack and goals for the average person. Unless you already total more than 1500lbs or something really really heavy, then you wouldnt be asking about this rack or any starting rack.

If you are worried about maxing out this rack, get a 3x3 or something for $1500...you can only expect so much from a PPR200X, theres lots of different racks for everyone at many different price levels, but the rack youre looking at I think is really good for the regular person not commercial gym use.

Whatever you get, enjoy the rack!

jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jam88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    Its just marketing they have to pick some number.

I guess they load a barbell up to 600lbs at the squat position and say thats what it can take. Then at 601, its not like falls down or anything. It can probably do over 1000lbs, or more.

Its just a light duty rack for residential use. Im sure you could bench 300 and squat 400 on it if that's what you're asking a specific number - which would be good for a starting rack and goals for the average person. Unless you already total more than 1500lbs or something really really heavy, then you wouldnt be asking about this rack or any starting rack.

If you are worried about maxing out this rack, get a 3x3 or something for $1500...you can only expect so much from a PPR200X, theres lots of different racks for everyone at many different price levels, but the rack youre looking at I think is really good for the regular person not commercial gym use.

Whatever you get, enjoy the rack!
    this.

they most likely low ball the max capacity by a lot so they do not get sued. These things are built to be sturdy as ****. It would take a lot of weight to break it. I wouldn't stress it if i were you.

Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rokman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If they say "600 lb capacity" , I'm sure that's ass-over tea kettle 600lb capacity, not gently and delicately place 600lbs on the j hooks capacity. And as said, capacity is probably much higher than 600#, to be legally safe.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When a product lists a capacity on it there is a factor of safety worked into that number. Between 3 and 5 I would estimate on a power rack. So it could hold 1800-3000 lbs, probably more, if it needed to but the company isn't responsible if you die after 2000 lbs breaks off and crushes you. If you get pinned under say, 300 lbs, because of a catastrophic failure then you might have a case.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Happily Married Man .pumpingiron's Avatar
    .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have had the PPR200x for a few years

I would highly recommend getting the lat pulldown attachment also

they are both strong and durable