skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skinnyguy02 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Creatine and whey at the same time?

Can you take creatine and whey at the same time? not necessarily at the same time but in the same day as part of a diet

met-enkephalinaholic Pridehurtsform's Avatar
    Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pridehurtsform will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    they dont compete for the same cell passage ways if thats what you mean. so yeah you can take both, in fact i'd encourage it, the creatine supplys extra atp which will allow you to have the energy to workout more, therefore you'll need more protein, whey's perfect for postworkout.
    BS in molecular biochemistry
    NASM certified personal trainer
    bench: 315
    squat: 365
    deads: 415
    video thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162544341&p=1258712431#post1258712431

"it's better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) skibbi9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ffs,

it's like no one understands the nature of whey (well most people do)

its not a hard concept. Whey is protein, its similar to milk, eggs, chicken, beef, fish, soy, its a supplemental protein, it doesn't have any other properties. instead of saying can i take _____ with whey. say: can I take _____ with meal1, or can i take _____ with food?
    8/15/06 - 256 LBS 32ish%
    3/20/07 - 233 LBS 21ish%
    Still cutting.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=958913

nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000) nitrored is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by skibbi9 View Post
    ffs,

it's like no one understands the nature of whey (well most people do)

its not a hard concept. Whey is protein, its similar to milk, eggs, chicken, beef, fish, soy, its a supplemental protein, it doesn't have any other properties. instead of saying can i take _____ with whey. say: can I take _____ with meal1, or can i take _____ with food?
    I thought that whey and creatine were teh steroids?
    Secretary of Defense/Neeging, SRCSG (Squat Rack Curlers Support Group)

"I feel like to get squats patent." - redbullzeye

brb trainin' glutes JeRSeY KiD 3's Avatar
    JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeRSeY KiD 3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by nitrored View Post
    I thought that whey and creatine were teh steroids?
    are you serious?
    My AAEFX Log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=446200781#post446200781

Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Indringa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by skinnyguy02 View Post
    Can you take creatine and whey at the same time? not necessarily at the same time but in the same day as part of a diet
    Yes. The creatine (if it's sweet) would probably help protein aborbtion.

My workout shake contains protein, creatine, and glutamine all mixed together.
    REP BACK PEOPLE with 6K+, and a link, brah.

* Beta Theta Pi (ΒΘΠ)
    * Summa Cum Laude (3.8+ GPA) Crew
    * Less Than 3 Posts Per Day Crew

Big 3 Max's: Squat 385 x 5, 405 x 3 || Deadlift 365 x 10, 405 x 7 || Bench 205 x 5, 225 x 3

★★★ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ★★★- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ★★★
    Inspiration / Origin for my Username: http://eol.org/pages/2922258/overview
    ★★★ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ★★★- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ★★★

Bricks Johnson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JeRSeY KiD 3 View Post
    are you serious?
    obviously

Der Lange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whey and creatine don't have a negative effect on each other, but when you already have whey in your nutrition plan you can take C with whey at the same tome instead of dextrose (whey also induces a insulin peak after an hour, just like creatin's peak is raised after 1 hour)
    excuse me for my bad english grammar, I'm not a native speaker

T_3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) T_3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by skinnyguy02 View Post
    Research shows that whey protein actually enhances the uptake of creatine probably due to it causing a greater insulin response. So yes you should mix whey and creatine together and add some carbs for even greater uptake.

paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paul_v is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Indringa View Post
    Yes. The creatine (if it's sweet) would probably help protein aborbtion.

My workout shake contains protein, creatine, and glutamine all mixed together.
    aborbtion? LOL sounds like you were taking a gulp of a shake when you said that
    ---------------------------------------
    Paul V

Misc Holy Spirit Crew
    Misc Epilepsy Crew
    Misc Dallas Crew
    Misc Over 40 crew
    *Old Misc Crew*

Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Alan_86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    sure just mix in 5g creatine with a serving of whey, mix it up and chug it down.
    "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen." -MJ

My body is my temple

Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Death-Mobile has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you not think it's better to say, take the creatine with the carbs immediately after your workout, and give it ten mintues to start to digest, and then have your whey and amminos thereafter? Or just mix it all in one shake and down it right after the workout?

Goustove has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Death-Mobile View Post
    Do you not think it's better to say, take the creatine with the carbs immediately after your workout, and give it ten mintues to start to digest, and then have your whey and amminos thereafter? Or just mix it all in one shake and down it right after the workout?
    I want to know what he's asking can I just mix my whey and creatine into milk? I meen when im taking my whey before a work out pop in some creatine and it all will work fine?

AmericanSteel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yea
    This is real American Steel

Arnold is numero uno mikerenouf's Avatar
    mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10) mikerenouf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    go with cretine monohydrate if your taking any its the cheapest, and in my opinion works the best, all the other more expensive creatine dont really work 2 well, and itll save u some money!!!

DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DRP7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by T_3 View Post
    Research shows that whey protein actually enhances the uptake of creatine probably due to it causing a greater insulin response. So yes you should mix whey and creatine together and add some carbs for even greater uptake.
    this sounds plausible to me. good post.

and there IS a difference between whey and other solid-food meals. a full meal will usually have fats and non-whey proteins (meat, casein etc) which does significantly slow down gastric transit time.
    I think it DOES make a difference (albeit a small one) if your creatine sits 10 minutes in your stomach or 70 minutes. it more likely will degrade to creatinine when taken with meals that substantiall slow down gastric transit. but as I have said, the difference in abosorption may not be substantial.

bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10) bdaddypaul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by T_3 View Post
    Some science to go along with this. This article does not relate to Gh response but does show the benefits of supplementing both at the same time.

Our purpose was to assess muscular adaptations during 6 weeks of resistance training in 36 males randomly assigned to supplementation with whey protein (W; 1.2 g/kg/day), whey protein and creatine monohydrate (WC; 0.1 g/kg/day), or placebo (P; 1.2 g/kg/day maltodextrin). Measures included lean tissue mass by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry, bench press and squat strength (1-repetition maximum), and knee extension/flexion peak torque. Lean tissue mass increased to a greater extent with training in WC compared to the other groups, and in the W compared to the P group (p < .05). Bench press strength increased to a greater extent for WC compared to W and P (p < .05). Knee extension peak torque increased with training for WC and W (p < .05), but not for P. All other measures increased to a similar extent across groups. Continued training without supplementation for an additional 6 weeks resulted in maintenance of strength and lean tissue mass in all groups. Males that supplemented with whey protein while resistance training demonstrated greater improvement in knee extension peak torque and lean tissue mass than males engaged in training alone. Males that supplemented with a combination of whey protein and creatine had greater increases in lean tissue mass and bench press than those who supplemented with only whey protein or placebo. However, not all strength measures were improved with supplementation, since subjects who supplemented with creatine and/or whey protein had similar increases in squat strength and knee flexion peak torque compared to subjects who received placebo.

Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2001 Sep;11(3):349-64.

The effect of whey protein supplementation with and without creatine monohydrate combined with resistance training on lean tissue mass and muscle strength.
    Burke DG, Chilibeck PD, Davidson KS, Candow DG, Farthing J, Smith-Palmer T.
    Department of Human Kinetics, St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia, B2G 2W5, Canada.
    I am a biomedical scientist in training, not a licensed medical professional. This advice should be taken as just that advice and does not in any way replace the experienced information a trained medical professional can provide.

Pain is weakness leaving the body-strength is the antidote