philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50) philiptraum will become famous soon enough. (+50)

My first post...I need some help, please.

Name's Phil, I'm 29.

I was an active kid, but got hurt so bad I spent the majority of my twenties trying to get back on my feet before daring to hit the gym like I did when I was in high school.

In the past year or more I lost 70 lbs... I was 5'8, 208, small frame, disgusting. Still feel fat, abs and all.

Now that I've lost at least most of the weight I had in mind, I've been lifting pretty regularly. As you could imagine, nothing impressive but I'd still say I'm strong for a dude 138, thanks in part to my time landscaping.

I can't stop feeling fat, and what's worse, when I start to feel pretty solid, cut you might say for such a smaller frame guy, I notice other things about myself I cannot stand. My arms are 14 inches...crazy peak, but I've been told I have a short insertion. I've seen pics where the dude's arms look a lot like mine, decent size per weight but that ****ing GAP between forearm and bicep make it look like I got implants in my arms or something. Just in short, everywhere I turn I feel worse, I feel WORSE after losing 70 lbs and holding.

I mentioned my body's never gonna be right, but most times I work out without a hitch...maybe I'm not training for mass, cuz I'm pretty twerpy...but I'm pretty strong. It's just that while I like working out when my body allows me to, I'm always unhappy for one reason or another. Like some kind of complex, or something.

Sorry about the post, this is the first I've ever been and I'm really dying for some kind of feedback.

P.S. Apologies for the tl;dr...just a therapist is of no use, and since this is what you guys do, maybe I'd make some sense to you, it would mean a lot if someone could respond.
    Last edited by philiptraum; 06-14-2020 at 12:46 AM. Reason: forgot something

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I by no means have great arms but starting out i had that bicep gap too, as you can see it is no longer a problem. Just work on overall physique development and build a decent frame of muscle using a good beginners program for the first 6 months - 1 year. You'll find that small problems like this eventually just go away and worrying about insertions and genetics is a waste of time. I had a whole mess of worries about different bodyparts and micro issues i had with aesthetics. Trust me, these things either go away or tend to fade into the background once you are more developed

Until you have a decent muscle base, cutting fat is just going to lead you to become a smaller and equally soft version of yourself. Build up some muscle, then when you cut again you'll actually be revealing something underneath and will truly start to feel lean.
    Attached Images

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AlexSays View Post
    I by no means have great arms but starting out i had that bicep gap too, as you can see it is no longer a problem. Just work on overall physique development and build a decent frame of muscle using a good beginners program for the first 6 months - 1 year. You'll find that small problems like this eventually just go away and worrying about insertions and genetics is a waste of time. I had a whole mess of worries about different bodyparts and micro issues i had with aesthetics. Trust me, these things either go away or tend to fade into the background once you are more developed

Until you have a decent muscle base, cutting fat is just going to lead you to become a smaller and equally soft version of yourself. Build up some muscle, then when you cut again you'll actually be revealing something underneath and will truly start to feel lean.
    PS my vanity prompts me to tell you that that was terrible lighting aha

tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tjackson8889 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it sounds like a more mental challenge right now. Don't worry so much about it. Work out, get stronger, and especially just try to be happy. Rarely does someone look exactly like they want, there is always something bugging them about their body. But don't let it bug you. Working out and losing weight is to help us be healthy and happy. In my experience not worrying about it so much will help you be happy.

Supermusclemom is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile I'll Bet..

I'll bet that you are better looking than.you think. Take a few days off from the mirror. Seriously. Sometimes the longer you look at yourself the worse you feel.

Stop looking for a few days. You probably will be able to appreciate yourself more.

drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00 drkstar00
    I think bodybuilding for me is about making the best of the cards your dealt honestly; I know I'm much better with it than without it.