Page 52 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5128
    ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ra42890 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So excited about this thread. It's really great to see so many other guys are just like me. I hate being thrown around by my big guy buddies cause I am so vulnerable. Time to to put an end to that!

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Thisisskinny View Post
    Pretty nice workout today. I finally can feel my chest since I squeeze on top as you guys told me.

2 litters of full milk added to my diet starting today. Not sure how my body will tolerate full milk but 1 litter down and feeling good so hoping I don't start crapping like crazy tomorrow This adds about 1900 calories to my foods. Almost 1000 from 1.5 litters and 900/950 the other half with the weight gainer (yes, kind of going GOMAD, still another 2 litters left to play with depending on results).
    good shiit brah. keep squeezin, it works

even if you can't stomach all that milk, just do what you can and it will help put weight on. wish i had real milk out here all we get is soy milk that aint worth a damn.

Originally Posted by ra42890 View Post
    So excited about this thread. It's really great to see so many other guys are just like me. I hate being thrown around by my big guy buddies cause I am so vulnerable. Time to to put an end to that!
    welcome! always good to have another member.

doing heavy compound lifts should put an end to your friends fukking with you!

read up, and post any questions you have. we've got a lot of smart guys in this thread

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had an awesome chest and tricep workout today. I've been incorporating part of the FST program into my workouts now. It seems to work the best for me so far. Today I started with the bench press and did 3 sets, 25 reps at medium weight. It really help stretch the muscle fascia, which gives you a crazy pump. Stretching the fascia also is supposed to allow for more room for the muscle to grow and for more blood to get in there. That's the theory anyways...Like I said, working good for me so far!

P.S. You only do the lighter weight, higher reps for the first exercise of each muscle group. After that bench I went to heavy weights and 10-12 reps (3 sets)
    STRENGTH. POWER. FITNESS.
    EAT BIG, LIFT BIG, GET BIG!
    TRANSFORMING MY BODY ONE DAY AT A TIME::

FTP0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'll post a pic soon.. to those who asked.

Anyway, I'm experimenting with volume this week. I'm tired of following the same old "3 sets of 10 reps" or "4 sets of 12-15 reps" stuff. I've done that for almost a year and I've looked pretty much the same for the past 4 months... SO. Today I worked out HARD and my chest is literally screaming right now.

All I did was:

Incline Dumbell Press (5 sets of max weight, which ended up working out to 6-8 reps @ 110 lbs)
    Flat Dumbell Press (4 sets of max weight, 6-9 reps @ 120 lbs)
    Butterfly machine (4 sets of max weight, 6-8 reps @ 95 lbs)
    Preacher Curl (4 sets @ 95, 100, 105, 105 lbs maxed out at 8 reps)
    Hammer Curl (2 sets @ 45 lbs each arm, arms were toast at this point)
    Crunches

So basically, I'm trying to listen to my body as much as possible.. I literally could not do one more rep after I tried another set of flat bench. But I think working out with maximum effort until you can't lift another weight is what I need to really get past this plateau. No more "3 sets of 10" garbage... At least not for me.

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FTP0 View Post
    I'll post a pic soon.. to those who asked.

Anyway, I'm experimenting with volume this week. I'm tired of following the same old "3 sets of 10 reps" or "4 sets of 12-15 reps" stuff. I've done that for almost a year and I've looked pretty much the same for the past 4 months... SO. Today I worked out HARD and my chest is literally screaming right now.

All I did was:

Incline Dumbell Press (5 sets of max weight, which ended up working out to 6-8 reps @ 110 lbs)
    Flat Dumbell Press (4 sets of max weight, 6-9 reps @ 120 lbs)
    Butterfly machine (4 sets of max weight, 6-8 reps @ 95 lbs)
    Preacher Curl (4 sets @ 95, 100, 105, 105 lbs maxed out at 8 reps)
    Hammer Curl (2 sets @ 45 lbs each arm, arms were toast at this point)
    Crunches

So basically, I'm trying to listen to my body as much as possible.. I literally could not do one more rep after I tried another set of flat bench. But I think working out with maximum effort until you can't lift another weight is what I need to really get past this plateau. No more "3 sets of 10" garbage... At least not for me.
    Have you checked out the Dorian Yates Blood and Guts trainer? It's pretty badass and helps a lot of people bust thru plateaus. Check it out..

pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Chest day today:

flat dumbell press 3x12,10,8
    incline dumbell press 3x 12,10,8
    close grip incline barbell press 3x10
    dips 3x8
    elevated push ups 3x15
    pushups 3x10
    cable fly's 2x10

Originally Posted by caustin1986 View Post
    Have you checked out the Dorian Yates Blood and Guts trainer? It's pretty badass and helps a lot of people bust thru plateaus. Check it out..
    Just checked it out now, the volume does seem kinda low though doesn't it? 2 warm up sets and 1 working set and for some exercises, 1 warm up 1 exercise. have you tried it before?

Originally Posted by FTP0 View Post
    Just checked it out now, the volume does seem kinda low though doesn't it? 2 warm up sets and 1 working set and for some exercises, 1 warm up 1 exercise. have you tried it before?
    Yeah I've tried it. The whole key is going really heavy to failure on each working set. You can adjust the number of sets if you want. I got a pretty good pump from it but didn't stick to it long enough to see any growth results. I made my own routine that incorporates some FST-7, the Blood and Guts, and GVT. It's working really good for me right now.

poosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sleep

OK skinnies, how much sleep would you say you get on average per night? I usually can't get more than 6-7 hours during weeknights, and then 8 or 9 on weekends. Am I sleeping too little? Do people who have trouble adding weight need more sleep than average? I think I'm eating as much as my digestive system can tolerate, and I've been stuck at or below 165 pounds for quite some time. I know sleep is just one factor, but I'm wondering if perhaps those who have trouble gaining mass may just need more sleep for muscle recovery time and to encourage muscle building over fat retention.

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by poosh View Post
    OK skinnies, how much sleep would you say you get on average per night? I usually can't get more than 6-7 hours during weeknights, and then 8 or 9 on weekends. Am I sleeping too little? Do people who have trouble adding weight need more sleep than average? I think I'm eating as much as my digestive system can tolerate, and I've been stuck at or below 165 pounds for quite some time. I know sleep is just one factor, but I'm wondering if perhaps those who have trouble gaining mass may just need more sleep for muscle recovery time and to encourage muscle building over fat retention.
    i get about the same as you, 6-8 depending. just get as much as you can. try to wear urself out during the day. thats all u can really do.

schm0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Very nice thread. I started working out a year ago this month, and with lots of dedication and a complete lifestyle changed I've gone from 130 to 155. My goal is to put on another twenty pounds hopefully a little quicker than the first twenty.

nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by schm0 View Post
    Very nice thread. I started working out a year ago this month, and with lots of dedication and a complete lifestyle changed I've gone from 130 to 155. My goal is to put on another twenty pounds hopefully a little quicker than the first twenty.
    Your one of the lucky ones who can put on weight and still stay very lean. Others like me have a hard time keeping the fat to a minimum while trying to gain muscle while bulking.

up another pound. 138. 2 more till 140!!!

schm0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightmare69 View Post
    Your one of the lucky ones who can put on weight and still stay very lean. Others like me have a hard time keeping the fat to a minimum while trying to gain muscle while bulking.
    Yeah I've definitely been lucky. I try to stay away from lots and lots of carbs because I get full real easily. My diet is mainly 4 or 5 eggs in the morning with cheese, and then a turkey sandwich for lunch. If I have the money I'll usually have a weightgainer in between the three meals. I've tried a couple, but I like up your mass the most.

inivux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Thank you so much for creating this thread and that group, OP. I joined this site today, a couple hours ago, after deciding to make a substantial change in my lifestyle. I have been reading some OLD threads about people in my (our) position, and they all seem to die out without any real help or motivation. So this thread really is a sight for sore eyes. Again, thank you.

I see you guys and girls are probably already in the middle of your transformations, so I don't want to interrupt, but read on if you feel like it.

A little about me. I am a relatively healthy (but not "fit") 26 year old male. At 6'0", 150lbs, I am the epitome of the ectomorph. I have some minor flab, but I hope to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.

I have never been athletic, but then again, I haven't every really tried (and my parents never pushed me). My exercise is virtually non-existent, but I do occasionally ride my road bike, and I have started to go jogging/walking by myself, or with a female friend. Cardio is easy enough, and even considering I'm not "used to" it, I do alright, and have decent stamina.

What I need to do, is figure out how to work in weight training, and diet.

The problem is, I have have virtually ZERO lifting experience. I know what reps are, and I know what sets are, but I don't know what type (and frequency) of routine is ideal for my body type. I hope to learn by reading through this thread.

My diet (or rather, the lack thereof) is also a huge problem, that I REALLY want and need to change. Reading through some of these threads, it appears we ectomorphs need to take in almost twice (or 150%) as many calories as the recommended daily value. As it stands now, I probably take in 75% TOPS of the DV. I usually go without breakfast, I usually eat lunch, and I may or may not eat dinner. I do not snack. Clearly this is counter-productive to my goal, and very unhealthy in general.

Recently however, I have make conscious decisions to stop eating certain things, and start eating other things. I have decided to eliminate soda, junk food, and most fast food (except for occasional In n Out). I have been trying to drink more water, juice and tea. I will probably begin shopping more at Whole Foods (a grocery store that sells organic and "healthier" foods). I am ignorant about the details of powders and other supplements, but I am willing to take them

I would LIKE to put on 30 lbs, and keep the bodyfat percentage as low as possible, so that I am sitting at the healthy weight of 180 lbs. I do not want to be bulky (which probably won't/can't be a problem anyway); I want to accentuate my body type, while still being "muscular". The image I hope to achieve is the swimmer look. I apologize if those contradict each other; I just don't know any better.

My transformation is not a question of if, but a question of when. I do not care how long it takes.

I wish the rest of you the best of luck, and hope your current routine is going well.

Matthew

NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by inivux View Post
    Thank you so much for creating this thread and that group, OP. I joined this site today, a couple hours ago, after deciding to make a substantial change in my lifestyle. I have been reading some OLD threads about people in my (our) position, and they all seem to die out without any real help or motivation. So this thread really is a sight for sore eyes. Again, thank you.

I see you guys and girls are probably already in the middle of your transformations, so I don't want to interrupt, but read on if you feel like it.

A little about me. I am a relatively healthy (but not "fit") 26 year old male. At 6'0", 150lbs, I am the epitome of the ectomorph. I have some minor flab, but I hope to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.

I have never been athletic, but then again, I haven't every really tried (and my parents never pushed me). My exercise is virtually non-existent, but I do occasionally ride my road bike, and I have started to go jogging/walking by myself, or with a female friend. Cardio is easy enough, and even considering I'm not "used to" it, I do alright, and have decent stamina.

What I need to do, is figure out how to work in weight training, and diet.

The problem is, I have have virtually ZERO lifting experience. I know what reps are, and I know what sets are, but I don't know what type (and frequency) of routine is ideal for my body type. I hope to learn by reading through this thread.

My diet (or rather, the lack thereof) is also a huge problem, that I REALLY want and need to change. Reading through some of these threads, it appears we ectomorphs need to take in almost twice (or 150%) as many calories as the recommended daily value. As it stands now, I probably take in 75% TOPS of the DV. I usually go without breakfast, I usually eat lunch, and I may or may not eat dinner. I do not snack. Clearly this is counter-productive to my goal, and very unhealthy in general.

Recently however, I have make conscious decisions to stop eating certain things, and start eating other things. I have decided to eliminate soda, junk food, and most fast food (except for occasional In n Out). I have been trying to drink more water, juice and tea. I will probably begin shopping more at Whole Foods (a grocery store that sells organic and "healthier" foods). I am ignorant about the details of powders and other supplements, but I am willing to take them

I would LIKE to put on 30 lbs, and keep the bodyfat percentage as low as possible, so that I am sitting at the healthy weight of 180 lbs. I do not want to be bulky (which probably won't/can't be a problem anyway); I want to accentuate my body type, while still being "muscular". The image I hope to achieve is the swimmer look. I apologize if those contradict each other; I just don't know any better.

My transformation is not a question of if, but a question of when. I do not care how long it takes.

I wish the rest of you the best of luck, and hope your current routine is going well.

Matthew
    Hey man, welcome to the club. We are almost same, stat wise. Try to post up some pics if you can.

Also, what's your location?

I'll try to help as much as I can but I'm no expert. I have gained 12 pounds in about 3 months while staying super lean. Its possible to gain more but I've had a few road blocks.

You should start buy checking out "starting strength" or one of the beginner programs. Pick one you like and stick with it. They do all the work for you all you have to do is lift.

And just as important as lifting is eating. To gain 5+ lbs a month you should look to take in about 3200 calories or more. So you should be eating constantly.

Next is sleep, you have to let your body rest, that is when you recover.

As far as supplements, I only really use protein and that's usually when I know I don't get the required amont of cals and protein through normal eating.

Other guys will recommend fish oils and multis, but I have little knowledge about those so ill let them chime in with that info.

Any questions you have feel free to ask. This isn't about the competition, its a opportunity to change ourselves for the better and everyone in the Journey has been very helpful and respectful. Don't be shy to ask for help.

Sorry if I made any mistakes, I'm on my cell phone.

NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nevermind, saw you said In n out so I'm assuming California.

inivux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yea, San Diego to be exact. If there was ever a place where it is perfect to be able to work out outside, it's here, HAHA.

Thanks for all that information and the words of encouragment, man. I know no two people are alike, but it does help to know that people have been down my path, or are a little farther along it themselves.

I'll check out that starting strength thing. Looks promising. Stuff like that is exactly what I came here for. Experience, information and resources.

A couple questions though. Is that just a general guide for beginners, with no regard to body type (as in, for ULTRA noobs like myself)? I guess I'm just concerned that some of those programs will start me on the path to bulky muscle, but if they're just for building muscle period, I'm game. What program did you personally use?

At least 12 pounds in three months is ideal, and sounds pretty realistic. Did you have previous lifting experience (that is, knew what to do and what not to do, right from the start)?

I'll get some pics up at least by tomorrow.

iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10) iHitsShaun is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did the chest workouts today....felt good but I had my friend there, pushing me to my max which is always nice.
    I believe my weight is at about 143, but my scale is tweaking so who really knows.

pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess I am different in the aspect that I don't watch my fat intake just calories and intake amounts

A couple questions though. Is that just a general guide for beginners, with no regard to body type (as in, for ULTRA noobs like myself)? I guess I'm just concerned that some of those programs will start me on the path to bulky muscle, but if they're just for building muscle period, I'm game. What program did you personally use?

At least 12 pounds in three months is ideal, and sounds pretty realistic. Did you have previous lifting experience (that is, knew what to do and what not to do, right from the start)?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2983921

That is the program I am on right now.

The starting strength I wouldn't say its just ageneral guide. Its kind of a easy routine for people who haven't deveolped their own and don't want to just wing it. Its a pretty simple set of lifts that concentrate on getting stronger so when you get your form down and get comfortable in a gym that you can move on to another routine.

You can youtube any of the lifts you don't how to do. Just concentrate on form above all else.

I'm not a beginner, I lifted in highschool.

Yea, San Diego to be exact. If there was ever a place where it is perfect to be able to work out outside, it's here, HAHA.

Thanks for all that information and the words of encouragment, man. I know no two people are alike, but it does help to know that people have been down my path, or are a little farther along it themselves.

I'll check out that starting strength thing. Looks promising. Stuff like that is exactly what I came here for. Experience, information and resources.

What is "bulky muscle" to you? Are you looking to just get fit, or are you looking to get ripped and bigger? For us ecto's, bulking is a KEY factor in building a great physique and looking "ripped." Don't worry about fat gains while you're on a bulking diet. You WILL gain *some* fat, but not much if you do your diet right. After you have gotten down to your ideal body weight, then you do a cut phase. The cut phase is a lot shorter than a bulking phase. After you cut, all you have to do is maintain your physique by eating fairly healthy, and continuing to work out.

I like to look at "bulking" as the "building phase." Basically what you are doing is building your body up bigger with new muscle and SOME fat. If your diet is right (clean bulk) then your fat gains will be minimal. The amount of fat you will gain if you diet properly will only be enough to enhance your muscles and make you bigger in a good way. In my opinion bulking is a lot harder than a cut diet, especially if you're not used to eating a lot of food. Start off slow if you need to. Basically you need to be eating about 300-500 more calories than your maintenance calories. Your maintenance calories are what are needed to keep your body looking exactly how it looks now. I'm going to tell you right now that diet is the NUMBER ONE thing when it comes to putting on QUALITY mass. You need to eat quality foods like this in order to be successful:

COMPLEX CARBS:
    Brown Rice
    Whole Wheat Pasta
    Whole Wheat/Grain Bread
    Sweet Potatoes
    Green Veggies like asparagus, broccoli, and spinach.

LEAN PROTEIN:
    Lean Steak
    Chicken Breast
    Fish

PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS:
    I recommend ON 100% Whey Protein. It mixes wonderfully, tastes good and has other vital muscle building nutrients all in one shake. (Like glutamine, BCAA's, carbs.)

FAST ACTING CARBS:
    You should eat these in the AM so it jump starts your metabolism and help restore some of the glycogen you've lost overnight. Also, fast acting carbs are proven to help muscle recovery and keep you from going catabolic if taken right after you work out. I'm not going to go in depth on the science of this right now, but if eaten right after your workout, it will benefit you. examples of fast acting/digesting carbs are gummy bears, white bread, white potatoes, and things with some sugars.

Multivitamin:
    Very important to fill in whatever holes you might have in your nutrition.
    I recommend Maximum Greens.

OTHER SUPPLEMENTS:

Creatine- Good for pre workout. Gives you some energy to get in an extra rep or two, and also helps muscle recovery and shuttles your nutrients to muscles quicker.

Beta Alanine- Gives you an awesome pump in your muscles while working out. A pump is where your muscles get saturated with blood (which mean nutrients that are in your blood) It also gives a cool effect of making your muscles bigger for a couple hours after your workout. (If you go hard enough in the gym) It motivates a lot of us as it's a glimpse into the future of what you'll always look like if you keep up the hard work

BCAA's- These are the building blocks to muscle building and protein synthesis. They help your body and muscles process the protein better and help your muscles grow. Not going to get in depth on the science of these either right now.

In my opinon, that's all you should need. Here is a sample of my diet EVERY day:

1st meal:
    Slice of white bread, 4 eggs with yolk

2nd meal:
    4oz lean steak, 1 cup whole pasta

3rd meal (pre workout about 45 mins before workout)
    4oz Chicken breast, half cup brown rice, half cup spinach

Pre workout supps (20 mins prior to workout)
    BCAA's
    Creatine
    Beta Alanine

Post workout:
    1 serving of gummy bears (fast acting carb)
    1 protein shake

Meal 4:
    4oz Talapia, 1 cup brown rice

Meal 5:
    Dinner- I eat something "family friendly" since I have a wife and 2 lil ones. I still make sure to get carbs, a veggie, and good amount of protein.

Meal 6:
    4oz lean steak, 1 cup whole wheat pasta.

Before bed:
    Multivitamin, 1 cup cottage cheese.

This is just a sample. I also throw in a homemade mass gainer shake. This consists of 2 cups milk, 1 banana, 1 cup yogurt, 2 scoops whey protein, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. (about 800-900 calories)

DIET IS KEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stress this enough!!! If you're busting your ass in the gym and not getting results, something has to be wrong with your diet. Also, make sure to consume about a gallon to gallon and a half of water daily.

As far as workout routines, SS is a good place to start. Check into it. Since I just took the time to write all this for you, all I ask is you put 110% effort into making your goals come true! Hold yourself accountable as we will hold you accountable too for motivation. GOOD LUCK!!
    Last edited by caustin1986; 06-28-2011 at 09:10 PM.

ok so update time. just finished the first two power days of the layne norton routine. did everything pretty damn light just to see how i handled everything. did bench, bent over rows, squats, DL all @ 135. military press @ 100. and holy crap i'm already sore. definitely not regreting starting out light. got great sleep last night, been eating like a horse, and it shows. already mentioned that i hit 138. i noticed a couple weeks ago that i was putting the right amount of food on my plate, but never realized that i was leaving some on it and throwing uneaten food away.(i know right? herp derp) so i'v been stuffing my face till i either eat everything on the plate, or physically can't eat anymore. theres been a couple times that i thought i was gonna lose it lmao.

anyways it's goin good. can't wait to hit 140!

nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nightmare69 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My biggest problem is getting enough sleep. To get my 8hrs I need to be asleep at 10pm, but Ill still be up after mid night. I can never just fall asleep and Im tired as hell the next day. I get around 6hrs per night if Im lucky.

Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
    ok so update time. just finished the first two power days of the layne norton routine. did everything pretty damn light just to see how i handled everything. did bench, bent over rows, squats, DL all @ 135. military press @ 100. and holy crap i'm already sore. definitely not regreting starting out light. got great sleep last night, been eating like a horse, and it shows. already mentioned that i hit 138. i noticed a couple weeks ago that i was putting the right amount of food on my plate, but never realized that i was leaving some on it and throwing uneaten food away.(i know right? herp derp) so i'v been stuffing my face till i either eat everything on the plate, or physically can't eat anymore. theres been a couple times that i thought i was gonna lose it lmao.

anyways it's goin good. can't wait to hit 140!
    Nice progress bro. as you're gaining this weight, are you monitoring whether it's lean mass or whether it's being packed on as fat? i mean i've done the same thing before - eat everything in sight, but i ended up gaining both lean mass and fat and my waist went from a 31 to a 33. how are you managing to make sure it's all or mostly lean mass?

My biggest problem is getting enough sleep. To get my 8hrs I need to be asleep at 10pm, but Ill still be up after mid night. I can never just fall asleep and Im tired as hell the next day. I get around 6hrs per night if Im lucky.
    You just need to commit to getting sleep the same way you commit to the workouts and your diet. You won't grow to your full potential without proper rest.

Originally Posted by NoFive0 View Post
    You just need to commit to getting sleep the same way you commit to the workouts and your diet. You won't grow to your full potential without proper rest.
    I do commit to sleep cause Im in bed 9:30 or 10pm every night but I cant fall asleep and lay there for hours. Ive tried OTC sleep aids and they didnt help and the next day I was very tired. I guess I need to talk to my doctor and get some good sleeping pills.

I do commit to sleep cause Im in bed 9:30 or 10pm every night but I cant fall asleep and lay there for hours. Ive tried OTC sleep aids and they didnt help and the next day I was very tired. I guess I need to talk to my doctor and get some good sleeping pills.
    I have the same problem man, what supplements are you taking? What time of the day do you work out and do you do cardio?

supps are just whey protien

I workout in the evening around 7:30pm cause my gym is PACKED anytime before then. No cardio cause I was losing weight.

I think my biggest problem is I cant stop thinking. I lay in bed and think about everything I did and what I need to do tomorrow.