Page 4 of 171 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    zeeeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in! I'm James, and I've also recently decided to do something about my body. Already 31, I've had just about enough of being skinny. So, two weeks ago I quit smoking - I figure if I can successfully put down the smokes I ought to have enough motivation to get my ass in the gym!

Been cramming my face full of healthy, protein & calorie packed food, as well as supplementing my ass off. Just starting my routine on Monday, and I'm already feelin great about it. I'm on deployment for six months - so at the end of this deployment my goals are to go from 140lbs to 160 / 170 of lean mass.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zeeeon View Post
    I'm in! I'm James, and I've also recently decided to do something about my body. Already 31, I've had just about enough of being skinny. So, two weeks ago I quit smoking - I figure if I can successfully put down the smokes I ought to have enough motivation to get my ass in the gym!

Been cramming my face full of healthy, protein & calorie packed food, as well as supplementing my ass off. Just starting my routine on Monday, and I'm already feelin great about it. I'm on deployment for six months - so at the end of this deployment my goals are to go from 140lbs to 160 / 170 of lean mass.
    That is very good news, glad you stopped smoking! Its not a good habit, that is very reachable 6 months for 20-30 lb increase! You will get there in no time, especially with how your already starting! Eating healthy, working out and supplementing Im sure you will even reach your goal sooner how many calories are you eating?!! I'm also glad that you finally became motivated to do something about it!! ITS NEVER TOO LATE

Originally Posted by jrzyfresh View Post
    im in! 6'1" 145lbs here. its nice to see other people in the same boat as me
    Wow, you have soooo much potential, your going to be JACKED, and a MONSTER!

AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Checking In

I hope everyone is seeing progress in themselves! I am sitting here in Boise Idaho watching the snow fall. I am pretty excited to have some boating weather soon. I am about 5 weeks out from my first show and I am really nervous. I have to show off my hard work though. I have been eating like an animal and I am back to gaining weight. Let's just hope I am not overeating because I need to maintain my low bf. Anyway, I wanted to check in and remind people to keep up the hard work.....it's the only way to get where we are trying to go!

jrzyfresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Zeeeeon
    I quit around two months ago and the motivation to get big is greater then any urge to smoke again so just keep at it and remember everytime u get a craving shove some food in ur mouth and picture ur self 30+lbs!

[/QUOTE]Wow, you have soooo much potential, your going to be JACKED, and a MONSTER![/QUOTE].

Thanks bro that's wat I'm aiming for

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jrzyfresh View Post
    Zeeeeon
    I quit around two months ago and the motivation to get big is greater then any urge to smoke again so just keep at it and remember everytime u get a craving shove some food in ur mouth and picture ur self 30+lbs!

Wow, you have soooo much potential, your going to be JACKED, and a MONSTER![/QUOTE].

Thanks bro that's wat I'm aiming for [/QUOTE]

You will be fine, you have a lot of support, READY TO KILL IT!?

Originally Posted by AMinegar View Post
    I hope everyone is seeing progress in themselves! I am sitting here in Boise Idaho watching the snow fall. I am pretty excited to have some boating weather soon. I am about 5 weeks out from my first show and I am really nervous. I have to show off my hard work though. I have been eating like an animal and I am back to gaining weight. Let's just hope I am not overeating because I need to maintain my low bf. Anyway, I wanted to check in and remind people to keep up the hard work.....it's the only way to get where we are trying to go!
    Glad you stopped by! I see your hitting it hard you look very solid bro, I'm sure you will go great in your show so don't sweat it. Progress is def seen!!!

milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm in. I'm 15 6' 160ish lbs. My biggest problem is my consistency in training and eating. Consistency is the most important aspect and I'm doing it wrong.

Originally Posted by milkshow11 View Post
    I'm in. I'm 15 6' 160ish lbs. My biggest problem is my consistency in training and eating. Consistency is the most important aspect and I'm doing it wrong.
    We all have that problem at some-point we just have to work hard at it and change that!

btw i have been slacking also not GOOD :/ but this week im on spring break, so im taking this week off. When i head back to school I'm going to TRAIN HARD, and EAT RIGHT. Summer is almost here.

Atheist Alliance Wannabe slammedsl1's Avatar
    slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post

btw i have been slacking also not GOOD :/
    :<

Not good...! Just get right back into it.
    Check out my training blog : http://blog.bodybuilding.com/slammedsl1/

milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milkshow11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm going to start hitting atleast 4k calories starting tomorrow

AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Thank You

Glad you stopped by! I see your hitting it hard you look very solid bro, I'm sure you will go great in your show so don't sweat it. Progress is def seen!!!
    Thank man, It's been an interesting 5 weeks so far. This is by far the hardest thing I've done. The workouts aren't too bad, but the dieting has been pretty tough. That's what makes the difference though, and I've had to accept that. I've choked down a lot of rice! Thanks for the kind words, though. They are what keep me going!

from my friend victor

my friend victor i talked to the other day has trained many bodybuilders and athletes in his time and gave me this advice! Here is his training program that he currently does GVT style!!

I suggest trying to intake 20% more CLEAN calories. You can slowly up your protein intake as well, after you put on more weight. The only other thing I can suggest to you is your training program. Since your goal here is to pack on as much LBM as possible, I would look into GVT (German Volume Training). I have trained many athletes and body builders in my time, and I've seen what works, and what doesn't. Keeping your current program will be fine and you will yield some excellent gains....but you can take it up a notch. This is my current GVT program....

Day One
    Chest
    Barbell or dumbbell bench press 10x10
    Chin-ups 10x10
    Dumbbell pullovers 3x10
    Back
    Barbell rows or cable rows 3x10

Day Two
    Abdominals
    Leg lifts 3x15
    Reverse crunches 3x15
    Side crunch 3x15
    Double crunch 3x15
    Crunch 3x15
    Hyperextensions 3x15

Day Three
    Legs
    Squats or leg press 10x10
    Deadlifts 10x10
    Seated calf raises 3x15
    Standing calf raises 3x15

Day Four
    Abdominals
    Same as Day Two

Day Five
    Arms and Shoulders
    Parallel dip bars 10x10
    Preacher curls 10x10
    Arnold presses 3x10
    Side bench raises 3x10

GVT is easy to comprehend, but hard to do. A word of warning, you will be sore. This is no-holds barred training; pain will be intense. GVT is extremely effective, but not for the light-hearted. First, pick an exercise for three body parts. Perform 10 sets of 10 reps at 70 to 75 percent of your one-rep max for each exercise. Use a stopwatch and allow yourself only one minute's rest between sets.

German volume training, also known as the "ten sets method," is a very effective way to put on muscle fast. The ten sets method was used in Germany in the off-season to help weightlifters gain lean body mass. GVT involves, rather simply, doing ten sets of the same exercise, with the goal being to do ten reps per set. The traditional method to decide your initial weight is to select an amount of resistance that you can do 20 times, and for most people, this equates to a weight that's approximately 60% of your 1RM (the maximum amount of weight you can lift one time on any given exercise).

Everyone feel free to add more info!!

Carbohydrates are sugars and starches that provide humans with energy. There are two different types of “carbs”, which are simple carbs and complex carbs. The difference between the two is that simple carbs are ones that are digested faster and easier, which can be found in fruits, and dairy products. Complex carbs would then be carbs that take more time to digest and slower which can be found in vegetables, whole grain breads, pasta, brown rice etc.

good carbs vs bad carbs
    http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/loun...arbs-4522.html

Chromium Picolinate

This supplement is a combination of chromium and picolinic acid. It is a naturally occurring mineral, trace amounts of which are found in everyday foods like meat, poultry, fish, and whole-grain breads. Chromium picolinate is a nutritional supplement that works to increase the efficiency of insulin to optimal levels. Chromium gained a lot of popularity in the United States, this supplement has been touted a miracle mineral, one advertised to have effects including weight loss, mood enhancement, energy promotion, increase in life span, and even the prevention of acne (Krzanowski, 1996). The most common usage for chromium picolinate is as a weight loss aid. There are claims that state this supplement can decrease fat, drastically reduce appetite, and increase metabolism. Chromium picolinate is a common ingredient in many herbal weight-loss concoctions readily available for over-the-counter sale at the local drugstore or on the Internet. However, because chromium picolinate is a nutritional supplement rather than a prescription drug, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) cannot vouch for the accuracy of advertisers often-remarkable claims (Krzanowski, 1996). Additionally, scientific research is generally unsupportive of the weight loss claims surrounding chromium picolinate; consumers must be aware of these discrepancies when making a decision to take this or any other nutritional supplement

The majority of scientific evidence suggests that chromium picolinate is neither a helpful nor beneficial part of weight loss programs. In the absence of exercise, it may even cause weight gain. An important side note is the fact that all groups involved in chromium picolinate studies, particularly those groups of obese subjects, managed to lose body weight and fat when enrolled in exercise training programs. While chromium picolinate did not enhance weight loss as expected, participants still lost weight and gained muscle by exercising. Although not the easy solution desired by many dieters, exercise is a proven and safe method to lose weight, to gain muscle, and to improve general health.

Persnoal I have tried taking chromium and I saw and noticed some results I took 1000mcg a day by higher power and its pretty cheap def helps with insulin levels

Here is the link

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/chrompic.html

HMB is short for beta-hydroxy beta-methylbutyrate. It is a new and exciting supplement that is one of the most popular body building supplements today. HMB is a metabolite of leucine, one of the body's essential amino acids.
    There are small amounts of HMB present in many foods, primarily catfish, grapefruit, and alfalfa. Dietary supplements of HMB are also available from Bodybuilding.com.

2. What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?

[ Top 5 Sellers ]
    1. Optimum HMB 1000 Caps
    2. SciFit HMB
    3. MHP A-Bomb
    4. EAS Pro Science HMB
    5. SciFit HMB 2500

Many of the world's champions and athletes are using HMB and receiving dramatic results. Specifically, HMB plays a role in the synthesis of muscle tissue. It has the ability to burn fat and build muscle consistently in response to exercise. Backed heavily by science, HMB works for NFL greats like Shannon Sharpe and Olympic medallists throughout the globe. New scientific studies are being conducted on this supplement all the time. Recently, a study showed in a control group supplementing with HMB, that after taking 3 grams of HMB per day for three weeks, those who took HMB versus the random placebo takers gained three times more muscle on their bench press! Animal studies also suggest that it may increase lean muscle mass. A study conducted on humans showed that those who supplemented with HMB experienced enhanced strength, greater endurance, and increased fat loss. It's ability to boost endurance alone is an incredible result. A seven week long study showed a much greater gain in muscle when a group of 28 participated in a regular weight-training program. How does HMB do all this? It appears to increase the rate of protein being used to increase muscle growth, while decreasing the atrophy or tear down of muscle that occurs.

Learn more about the benefits of HMB on Clayton South's Health Facts.

3. Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?

Basically anyone who is ready to experience some awesome muscle-building effects can benefit from HMB. Deficiency is not an issue, but building strength, getting cut, and trimming off the extra fat is. It is safe for men and women.

4. How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?

Generally, the research done involving HMB used 3 - 5 grams of HMB in combination with regular exercise (like weight lifting). Take it before training or before bedtime for best results. There are no known side effects when taken properly only BIG gains!

citied from our lovely Bodybuilding.com

Growth hormone (GH) is a protein-based peptide hormone. It stimulates growth, cell reproduction and regeneration in humans and other animals. Growth hormone is a 191-amino acid, single-chain polypeptide that is synthesized, stored, and secreted by the ****totroph cells within the lateral wings of the anterior pituitary gland. ****totropin refers to the growth hormone 1 produced naturally in animals, whereas the term ****tropin refers to growth hormone produced by recombinant DNA technology,[1] and is abbreviated "HGH" in humans.
    Growth hormone is used as prescription drug in medicine to treat children's growth disorders and adult growth hormone deficiency. In the United States, it is only available legally from pharmacies, by prescription from a doctor. In recent years in the United States, some doctors have started to prescribe growth hormone in GH-deficient older patients (but not on healthy people) to increase vitality. While legal, the efficacy and safety of this use for HGH has not been tested in a clinical trial. At this time, HGH is still considered a very complex hormone, and many of its functions are still unknown.[2]
    In its role as an anabolic agent, HGH has been abused by competitors in sports since the 1970s, and it has been banned by the IOC and NCAA. Traditional urine analysis could not detect doping with HGH, so the ban was unenforceable until the early 2000s when blood tests that could distinguish between natural and artificial hGH were starting to be developed. Blood tests conducted by WADA at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, Greece primarily targeted HGH.[2] This use for the drug is not approved by the FDA and as mentioned above, GH is legally available only by prescription in the United States.
    GH has been studied for use in raising livestock more efficiently in industrial agriculture and several efforts have been made to obtain governmental approval to use GH in livestock production. These uses have been controversial. In the United States, the only FDA-approved use of GH, is the use of a cow-specific form of GH called bovine ****totropin for increasing milk production in dairy cows.
    Effects of growth hormone on the tissues of the body can generally be described as anabolic (building up). Like most other protein hormones, GH acts by interacting with a specific receptor on the surface of cells.
    Increased height during childhood is the most widely known effect of GH. Height appears to be stimulated by at least two mechanisms:
    Because polypeptide hormones are not fat-soluble, they cannot penetrate sarcolemma. Thus, GH exerts some of its effects by binding to receptors on target cells, where it activates the MAPK/ERK pathway.[24] Through this mechanism GH directly stimulates division and multiplication of chondrocytes of cartilage.
    GH also stimulates, through the JAK-STAT signaling pathway,[24] the production of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1, formerly known as ****tomedin C), a hormone homologous to proinsulin.[25] The liver is a major target organ of GH for this process and is the principal site of IGF-1 production. IGF-1 has growth-stimulating effects on a wide variety of tissues. Additional IGF-1 is generated within target tissues, making it what appears to be both an endocrine and an autocrine/paracrine hormone. IGF-1 also has stimulatory effects on osteoblast and chondrocyte activity to promote bone growth.
    In addition to increasing height in children and adolescents, growth hormone has many other effects on the body:
    Increases calcium retention, and strengthens and increases the mineralization of bone
    Increases muscle mass through sarcomere hyperplasia
    Promotes lipolysis
    Increases protein synthesis
    Stimulates the growth of all internal organs excluding the brain
    Plays a role in homeostasis
    Reduces liver uptake of glucose
    Promotes gluconeogenesis in the liver[26]
    Contributes to the maintenance and function of pancreatic islets
    Stimulates the immune system
    Problems caused when the body produces too much GH
    The most common disease of GH excess is a pituitary tumor composed of ****totroph cells of the anterior pituitary. These ****totroph adenomas are benign and grow slowly, gradually producing more and more GH. For years, the principal clinical problems are those of GH excess. Eventually, the adenoma may become large enough to cause headaches, impair vision by pressure on the optic nerves, or cause deficiency of other pituitary hormones by displacement.
    Prolonged GH excess thickens the bones of the jaw, fingers and toes. Resulting heaviness of the jaw and increased size of digits is referred to as acromegaly. Accompanying problems can include sweating, pressure on nerves (e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome), muscle weakness, excess sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), insulin resistance or even a rare form of type 2 diabetes, and reduced sexual function.
    GH-secreting tumors are typically recognized in the fifth decade of life. It is extremely rare for such a tumor to occur in childhood, but, when it does, the excessive GH can cause excessive growth, traditionally referred to as pituitary gigantism.
    Surgical removal is the usual treatment for GH-producing tumors. In some circumstances, focused radiation or a GH antagonist such as pegvi****nt may be employed to shrink the tumor or block function. Other drugs like octreotide (****tostatin agonist) and bromocriptine (dopamine agonist) can be used to block GH secretion because both ****tostatin and dopamine negatively inhibit GHRH-mediated GH release from the anterior pituitary.
    [edit]Problems caused when the body produces too little GH
    Main article: Growth hormone deficiency
    The effects of growth hormone deficiency vary depending on the age at which they occur. In children, growth failure and short stature are the major manifestations of GH deficiency, with common causes including genetic conditions and congenital malformations. It can also cause delayed sexual maturity. In adults, deficiency is rare,[27] with the most common cause a pituitary adenoma, and others including a continuation of a childhood problem, other structural lesions or trauma, and very rarely idiopathic GHD.
    Adults with GHD present with non-specific problems including truncal obesity with a relative decrease in muscle mass and, in many instances, decreased energy and quality of life.[27]
    Diagnosis of GH deficiency involves a multiple-step diagnostic process, usually culminating in GH stimulation tests to see if the patient's pituitary gland will release a pulse of GH when provoked by various stimuli.

cited from wiki

hat is glucosamine?

Related Video

Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Learn the signs of RA and how to relieve the pain.
    The use of glucosamine in cultural and traditional settings may differ from concepts accepted by current Western medicine. When considering the use of herbal/health supplements, consultation with a primary health care professional is advisable. Additionally, consultation with a practitioner trained in the uses of herbal/health supplements may be beneficial, and coordination of treatment among all health care providers involved may be advantageous.

Glucosamine is also known as chitosamine.

Glucosamine has been used for the alleviation of the symptoms of arthritis.

It has been reported that glucosamine may be involved in the production of cartilage that is important for healthy joints.

Glucosamine has not been evaluated by the FDA for safety, effectiveness, or purity. All potential risks and/or advantages of glucosamine may not be known. Additionally, there are no regulated manufacturing standards in place for these compounds. There have been instances where herbal/health supplements have been sold which were contaminated with toxic metals or other drugs. Herbal/health supplements should be purchased from a reliable source to minimize the risk of contamination.

Glucosamine may also have uses other than those listed in this medication guide.

What is the most important information I should know about glucosamine?

Glucosamine has not been evaluated by the FDA for safety, effectiveness, or purity. All potential risks and/or advantages of glucosamine may not be known. Additionally, there are no regulated manufacturing standards in place for these compounds. There have been instances where herbal/health supplements have been sold which were contaminated with toxic metals or other drugs. Herbal/health supplements should be purchased from a reliable source to minimize the risk of contamination.

Who should not take glucosamine?

Before taking glucosamine, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care professional if you have any other medical conditions, allergies, or if you take other medicines or other herbal/health supplements. Glucosamine may not be recommended in some situations.

Do not take glucosamine without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant. Do not take glucosamine without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby. There is no information available regarding the use of glucosamine by children. Do not give any herbal/health supplement to a child without first talking to the child's doctor.
    Ads by Google
    Flexcin (Official Site)
    Choose the finest US Made product & End joint pain NOW - Guaranteed!
    TopRated.Flexcin.com
    Glucosamine Side Effects
    Find more sources/options for Glucosamine Side Effects
    www.webcrawler.com
    Free Knee Pain Relief Kit
    One Injection Treatment. Get Your Free Information Kit.
    Osteoarthritis-Relief.com
    How should I take glucosamine?

The use of glucosamine in cultural and traditional settings may differ from concepts accepted by current Western medicine. When considering the use of herbal/health supplements, consultation with a primary health care professional is advisable. Additionally, consultation with a practitioner trained in the uses of herbal/health supplements may be beneficial, and coordination of treatment among all health care providers involved may be advantageous.

If you choose to take glucosamine, use it as directed on the package or as directed by your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.

The sulfate form of glucosamine (e.g., glucosamine sulfate) may be better absorbed by your body. Also, glucosamine is often combined with chondroitin in the treatment of the symptoms of arthritis.

Different formulations of glucosamine are available to be used internally (orally).

Do not use different formulations (e.g., tablets and powder) of glucosamine at the same time, unless specifically directed to do so by a health care professional. Using different formulations together increases the risk of an overdose of glucosamine.
    Although glucosamine may be readily available for use, it is important to consult with your doctor regarding traditional treatments for arthritis, to maintain proper body weight, and to continue with an exercise regimen as directed.

Store glucosamine as directed on the package. In general, glucosamine should be protected from light and moisture and stored in a sealed container.

cited from drugs.com

So, what is creatine? Our bodies naturally make the compound, which is used to supply energy to our muscles. It is produced in the liver, pancreas, and kidneys, and is transported to the body's muscles through the bloodstream. Once it reaches the muscles, it is converted into phosphocreatine (creatine phosphate). This high-powered metabolite is used to regenerate the muscles' ultimate energy source, ATP (adenosine triphosphate).

[ Top 5 Sellers ]
    1. BSN NO-Xplode
    2. Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump250
    3. Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder
    4. MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series
    5. Gaspari Nutrition SuperPump MAX

Creatine is 100% natural and occurs naturally in many foods; therefore, it can never be banned from any sports or international competitions (unless they banned eating meat). Many foods especially herring, salmon, tuna, and beef contain some creatine. However, the very best source of creatine by far is creatine monohydrate because it contains more creatine per weight of material than any other source.

2. What does it do and what scientific studies give evidence to support this?

Creatine is bodybuilding's ultimate supplement, and for good reason. For one thing, creatine can significantly increase lean muscle mass in just two weeks. It is also responsible for improving performance in high-intensity exercise, increasing energy levels, and speeding up recovery rates. It's no wonder athletes who use it have such of an edge over those who do not. Soon nearly every athlete who competes will use it (if they don't already). Creatine's ability to enhance energy reserves in muscles comes from its muscle protein synthesizing action, while minimizing protein breakdown. This occurs because creatine has the awesome effect of super-hydrating muscle cells with water. It enhances muscles' growth too-making muscle fibers bigger and stronger.

Quite a few studies have been done on creatine to figure out why and how it works so well. There have been over twenty double blind (meaning neither the researchers nor the subjects knew who was getting what), placebo-controlled studies conducted on creatine in the past five years. They proved that creatine increased energy levels, resulting in increased strength, endurance levels, and recovery rates. Another unexpected benefit attributed to creatine was discovered as well: creatine accelerates fat loss, while building lean body mass!

3. Who needs it and what are some symptoms of deficiency?

First, anyone who is ready to have more energy, build more muscle faster, and have more endurance should try supplementing with creatine monohydrate. Next, anyone who would like to be more toned by increasing lean muscle mass, recuperating faster, and losing that extra little fat roll should supplement with creatine monohydrate. Last, anyone who is involved in intense physical activity, experiencing physical stress and fatigue, and likes incredible results should supplement with creatine monohydrate.

4. How much should be taken? Are there any side effects?

Excellent results have been observed in taking creatine monohydrate in two different ways. The first way is called loading. This method works very well for anyone who has never taken creatine before. Just as the name implies, it involves loading up or saturating your muscles with creatine. During the first four days to a week, take 20 to 30 grams per day. Mix it with non-acidic juice or water. Grape juice works well. After this loading period, take a regular intake of between five to fifteen grams per day to keep your muscles saturated (no need to over do it). The other method is a more gradual approach to supplementing with creatine monohydrate. Over the course of an extended period, one basically skips the loading phase and just supplements with five to fifteen grams per day, everyday. The best results have been noticed when creatine is combined with a high carbohydrate base, such as dextrose (glucose) and taken about one-half hour before training.

The best part about creatine-no adverse effects have been reported in any studies. NONE! Creatine is totally safe and effective. Creatine has never been shown harmfully toxic. Nevertheless, just like with anything, it is not recommended to over-supplement once your muscles are saturated with creatine-there is no reason to. This means, stick to the recommended dosages, and be prepared to experience the very best muscle, strength, energy, and endurance gains possible!
    Creatine Questions and Answers

Q: I heard that creatine and caffeine can be consumed at the same time. But an article I read claims caffeine inhibits the absorption of creatine into muscle tissue. Which is true?

A: There was a controversial research study published in 1996 in the Journal of Applied Physiology about creatine and caffeine; however, if you study that article closely, you'll find that caffeine had no effect on creatine uptake into muscle. A more recent study by Vanakoski, et al. in 1998 investigated the pharmacokinetics of caffeine and creatine, both alone and in combination. They reported when creatine was used alone or even in combination with caffeine that, "creatine was rapidly and efficiently absorbed, as reflected by plasma concentrations." Because researchers concluded that creatine was efficiently absorbed even when combined with caffeine, it does not appear from the results of this study that caffeine exerts a negative effect on the uptake of creatine into muscle tissue.

Q: I have heard conflicting information about cycling creatine. Should I or shouldn't I?

A: Some studies support creatine cycling and others do not. There are a couple of different "cycling" strategies you can try: 1. Stay on creatine all the time, but reload once every six weeks; 2. Load for a week, stay in your maintenance phase for six weeks, then stop taking creatine completely for a couple of weeks. Repeat.

Q: I mix creatine with my workout drink in the morning, but sometimes I don't actually finish it until several hours later. Is creatine stable in solution this long?

A: Creatine is not totally stable in solution, so it's definitely not a good idea to keep it mixed with liquid for days, but there shouldn't be a problem mixing it six to eight hours before it's consumed. Any longer than that and you may be pushing it.

Q: Is the loading phase with Creatine necessary to experience any benefits?

A: Necessary is a rather strong word. The loading phase is not required when using Creatine, but results of our university studies indicate that the loading phase helps you reach that magic muscle-creatine saturation point quicker than if you just started out with the maintenance dose. You can reach the same creatine saturation point by taking one serving of Creatine for 30 days as you would from loading for 5 days, but most people aren't interested in waiting a month for results they could see in a week or less.

Q: Are there any unfavorable effects with using Creatine?

A: Creatine occurs naturally in many foods, with an especially high concentration in red meats and fish. While using Creatine, you may notice increased urination, but this is simply due to the extra volume of liquid you'll be drinking when mixing your Creatine. If you do not wait three to four hours between doses, you may experience some stomach discomfort. This is easily resolved by spacing your Creatine dosages throughout the day or cutting dosages in half for one to two days.

Q: What is the advantage of taking creatine in a powder versus a capsule or tablet form?

A: Powder can be absorbed by the bloodstream more efficiently than a pill, which has a coating that must be digested first. Also, creatine is taken in gram amounts-which means, you'd need to take 20 1-gram capsules or 40 tablets per day to load. Needless to say, powder is much more efficient.

Q: If I'm trying to lose fat, should I worry about the calories in Creatine?

A: No. Creatine has no caloric value.

All creatine products, including pure creatine, are listed down below!

Other Creatine Categories:

cited from bodybuilding.com

Creatine Monohydrate

Creatine monohydrate is creatine without anything added. This is just the most basic form of creatine that you can find. As such, it’s also the cheapest way to go. You can also look for different qualities, and some claim to be more pure than others. Creatine monohydrate is 100% natural and occurs naturally in many foods, so you’ll never see it on the list of banned supplements. It’s natural and has so far been proven safe for use.

Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE)

One of the main problems that regular creatine monohydrate has is that the body doesn’t absorb it very well. That’s where the idea behind creatine ethyl ester comes in. By attaching an organic compound called an ester, CEE is more easily absorbed by the body. This means that your body will be able to use more of the creatine that you ingest, resulting in smaller but more effective doses. CEE is also said to reduce the ‘bloated’ feeling that some people feel when using creatine monohydrate.

Liquid Creatines

The idea behind liquid creatine is that your body can absorb them quicker than a powdered product. One problem with powdered creatine is that it has a tendency to bind with food, making it less effective and making it so you have to not eat for a good period of time before using it. But if you take it in a liquid form you can potentially reduce this problem, and the time you have to wait before using it.

Conclusion

Creatine ethyl ester and liquid creatine products have had a lot of buzz around them lately about whether they are effective or not. It seems that at this time there have been enough studies done on CEE to show that it can improve the effectiveness of creatine, but I haven’t seen as much backup information for the liquid products.

Either way, creatine is one of those muscle building supplements that you should definitely consider as part of your supplementation. It has long been proven effective, and many creatine supplements are very inexpensive.
    cited from supplement pricing

What is Protein?
    -Protein can be found in every cell, muscle and tissue in our body and is also found in many of the foods that we eat throughout the day. The proteins found in our body are very similar to the proteins we eat, the main difference being they are structured differently. They are made up of amino acids. Our bodies use protein to help repair and build tissue. It is a very important building block when it comes to our bones, muscles, cartilage, skin and also blood. Along with fat, carbohydrates, protein is a macronutrient. This meaning that the body NEEDS larger amounts of it. Micronutrients, on the other hand are only needed in small amounts, such as vitamins and minerals. Our bodies do not store proteins, unlike fats and carbs.
    A COMPLETE PROTEIN source is one that provides all of the essential amino acids, such as meat, poultry, fish, milk, eggs, cheese which are considered high quality proteins.
    A INCOMPLETE PROTEIN source would then be one that is low in one or more of the essential amino acids, examples would be rice, dry beans.
    Too much protein can in fact be unhealthy, by putting a strain on the liver and kidneys. Foods containing protein have high levels of nitrogen, which are harmful to our body and therefore have to be eliminated. Our kidneys function is to filter out waste products and since proteins have high amounts of nitrogen it makes our kidneys work harder to remove the waste from the body. This could in fact lead to kidney disorders or damage to the body’s filtering capacities.
    Suggested servings for maintenance purposes are 1 gram per pound you weight. Example a man weighting 100lbs should consume 100 grams of protein in a given day. For building muscle it is recommended to consume 1.5 grams of protein per pound you weight, example a man weighting 150lbs should consume 300grams of protein in a given day.
    There are many types of protein.
    - Whey protein- is the fastest digesting protein, very ideal to use during workout and post workout. After working out there is a great need to begin muscle repair and this is where whey protein comes in handy. You should have a fast, digesting, high protein meal or shake within 30-45 minutes of working out before your anabolic windows closes. Also whey protein has a high amino acid profile.
    - Casein protein- is a slow digesting protein, ideal to take before going to bed, or during the day
    - Egg protein- is considered one of the best forms of natural protein, the egg whites contain the protein, low in fat and carbs
    Protein shakes are a easy way to help increase your daily protein intake, its easy to make and less time consuming than preparing a meal.
    -One of the best protein shakes I have ever brought that is both affordable and great tasting, no clumps, easy to mix would have to be Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein, for 34.99 you can get a 5lb tub with 70 servings. 21 grams of protein, 125 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, 6 grams of carbs, and tons of amino acids in 1 scoop, http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elitegourmet.html
    - Another product I have tried would have to be Higher Power 100% Whey Power for only $27.99 you can get a 5lb tub with a whopping 81 servings, with 23 grams of protein, 2 grams of carbs, 1.5 grams of fat and 120 calories. The cholocate tastes very good, so I would have to say this is the best product for your budget, can be found here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hp/whey.html

Casein protein I can’t really say I have tried, here are 2 products that I have found great reviews on
    - Optimum 100% Casein Protein 2lbs- $28.99 for 27 servings, 120 calories, 1 gram of fat, 3 grams of carbs, 24 grams of protein. Again ideal to take before bed, so technically if you did 1 scoop it could last you about a month can be found here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/cas.html
    - Dymatize Elite Casein has a rating of 9.5 out of 10 and for $27.99 you get 2.18lbs and 30 servings which is more than the Optimum product above, 110 calories, .5 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs, and 24grams of protein.
    Another way to help with your protein intake is buying protein bars. This is even easier than shakes, throw one in your book bag and head to class. This semester I received cases of protein bars from DETOUR, and wow they have helped make my life easier, when im in a rush I just take one with me. Taste good, and lots of protein. No cleaning up to do, just unwrap and eat, for those always on the go.
    -ABB Steel bars are very cheap and has a great 9.0 rating out of 10, you can find them for $1.19 each or a box of 12 for $12.99 which is a steal! Each bar is loaded with 250 calories, 4 grams of fat, 36 grams of carbs, and 20 grams of protein. can be found here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/abb/steel.html
    Here is a list of foods and their protein count

http://www.fatfreekitchen.com/nutrit...ein-foods.html

ANY FURTHER INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND HERE
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/to

Thank man, It's been an interesting 5 weeks so far. This is by far the hardest thing I've done. The workouts aren't too bad, but the dieting has been pretty tough. That's what makes the difference though, and I've had to accept that. I've choked down a lot of rice! Thanks for the kind words, though. They are what keep me going!

My hat goes off to you, i bet it is hard work. But you have all the tools you need so keep at it. Dieting is ALWAYS the hardest thing for me atleast, i don't eat rice at all, and im glad we can help push you harder towards your goals. Btw if you have any free time please add anything that you think will help people like us on this forum could be articles or anything worth reading

Originally Posted by milkshow11 View Post
    I'm going to start hitting atleast 4k calories starting tomorrow

Wow that is pretty impressive if i stick to my new diet it should be around 5k that should def help you grow, you have a very solid foundation already! Btw if you have any free time please add anything that you think will help people like us on this forum could be articles or anything worth reading

Originally Posted by slammedsl1 View Post
    :<

Not good...! Just get right back into it.
    I plan on it i will try and hit it hard when monday comes, im currently on spring break! People don't realize how hard Bodybuilding, let alone dieting/working out really is. Def takes alot, i plan on posting pictures up this friday or sunday. hows everything with you! kicking butt huh? Btw if you have any free time please add anything that you think will help people like us on this forum could be articles or anything worth reading

Tempo, read

here is a great article, worth the read.

Tempo By: Tom Venuto

The body will adapt to any training regimen in time, so tempo prescriptions should be varied just like any other training variable. Find out how it can help you!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/tempo.htm

mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mitch2147 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For those who are just starting out, this is a website that helped me out a lot in understanding what exercises to do + names of muscles etc.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

having problems with your upper chest??

This article explains how to properly work your upper chest, i found it a great read! CHECK IT OUT

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/vide...-the-chest.htm

Thumbs up video

This article explains how to properly work your upper chest, i found it a great read! CHECK IT OUT
    It's so funny to watch those videos, that's the gym I work at here in Boise

Atheist Alliance Wannabe slammedsl1's Avatar
    slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mitch2147 View Post
    For those who are just starting out, this is a website that helped me out a lot in understanding what exercises to do + names of muscles etc.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    Best website ever imo I always go on there to find exercises or tips for form etc.

I plan on it i will try and hit it hard when monday comes, im currently on spring break! People don't realize how hard Bodybuilding, let alone dieting/working out really is. Def takes alot, i plan on posting pictures up this friday or sunday. hows everything with you! kicking butt huh?
    Yeah man, I can imagine lol Things are good here, I will update the progress thread next week once I dial everything in.
    Check out my training blog : http://blog.bodybuilding.com/slammedsl1/

photoshopbrah.taking reqs Eruption's Avatar
    Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Eruption has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    save me a seat.
    deadlift - 405 x 1 x 2
    bench 185 x 5 x 2
    squat 225 x 5 x 3

TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    New progress pics up - dated march 16th. Loving the gym at the minute, come on fellow skinnies lets get this shi* done.
    You know its time to do something about your body when you are getting bertstared on the regular

its not how much u can lift, its rather how much you look like you can lift.

NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000) NivVo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Story:

Naturally an endo, was never fat though. Always ate lightly cause I played games all throughout jr high and hs. Near the end of hs I did nothing but smoke weed. Constantly (lol). So I was a major pothead, dropped out of college, chilled all day, got jaded by society and how ****ed up the world really is. Guess it was my awakening that got me down. So I smoked all day, was a rebel, lots of graffiti, lots of **** I didn't do, lots of **** i shouldn't have done , got into drug dealing etc. Was still living at home the whole time too, it's hard to be living that kind of life with my parents, especially after getting arrested.

I moved out and continued doing all of that stuff, luckily without getting arrested again. Seen people die, robbed people, did stupid **** I should have never done. As stupid as it sounds, it got me so depressed, and so experienced; and so knowledgeable of how the ugly side of the world works that it manned me up. I came from good responsible catholic parents and the more and more I did, the more and more disappointed I was in myself; the more disgusted I was. I had to keep going to survive though. I never ate, I just kept going at it (by this point I was skinny as fk), more drugs, more grinding. I'd skip eating for a day if I had to, I was so skinny it was disgusting. I showed up at family events just to be there; everyone commented on how little and tiny I had gotten. Many talked and said I was drugged up all of the time, everyone thought I was doing coke etc... anyways, sooner or later my close connects all got arrested, business was bad. I took a hint, said **** it, why am I living this life when I could be doing so much more, dropped that life style.

I moved back home, no friends, no nothing, disconnected from my old group. You can't change when the people you hang around stay the same. Started lifting, reconnected with my old friends from my more innocent past. My enthusiasm and motivation was out the roof, not mainly motivation toward bodybuilding, but toward an entirely more positive life style in general. Hit the books, started working an honest job, lifting hard, got a gf, I feel like I've been fully rewarded for turning my **** around.

My story of skinny motivation (lol).

inb4haters.

So after moving back home, I just got gym membership. The fact that I was paying for it and wanted to be healthier and live a better life style meant I had to use that membership... I ate my ass off. I ****ing loved it, I blew up so fast, and with mainly muscle, I got addicted. Everyone was impressed and commenting. I began in August, as of January I hit 185 (started around 130, endo build, 5'8 - yes manlet so the fk what). The more and more I got addicted the more I wanted to learn, I kept constantly going. Any time I lose motivation I just think of why I started. I'm cutting atm for summer.
    Last edited by NivVo; 03-17-2011 at 09:51 PM.
    THE AWARE - South side influence.

**OFFICIAL POOHBEARX3 AVI CLUB***

9/3/2010: Mod negged to oblivion for posting nudes.
    1/6/2011: Into the green.

0341 - USMC
    Texas brahs, Military brahs, MinusP, 128, JohnnyChristian are repped on sight.

Originally Posted by NivVo View Post
    Story:

Naturally an endo, was never fat though. Always ate lightly cause I played games all throughout jr high and hs. Near the end of hs I did nothing but smoke weed. Constantly (lol). So I was a major pothead, dropped out of college, chilled all day, got jaded by society and how ****ed up the world really is. Guess it was my awakening that got me down. So I smoked all day, was a rebel, lots of graffiti, lots of **** I didn't do, got into drug dealing etc. Was still living at home the whole time too, it's hard to be living that kind of life with my parents, especially after getting arrested.

I moved out and continued doing all of that stuff, luckily without getting arrested again. Seen people die, robbed people, did stupid **** I should have never done. As stupid as it sounds, it got me so depressed, and so experienced; and so knowledgeable of how the ugly side of the world works that it manned me up. I came from good responsible catholic parents and the more and more I did, the more and more disappointed I was in myself; the more disgusted I was. I had to keep going to survive though. I never ate, I just kept going at it (by this point I was skinny as fk), more drugs, more grinding. I'd skip eating for a day if I had to, I was so skinny it was disgusting. I showed up at family events just to be there; everyone commented on how little and tiny I had gotten. Many talked and said I was drugged up all of the time, everyone thought I was doing cocke etc... anyways, sooner or later my close connects all got arrested, business was bad. I took a hint, said **** it, why am I living this life when I could be doing so much more, dropped that life style.

I moved back home, no friends, no nothing, disconnected from my old group. You can't change when the people you hang around stay the same. Started lifting, reconnected with my old friends from my more innocent past. My enthusiasm and motivation was out the roof, not mainly motivation toward bodybuilding, but toward an entirely more positive life style in general. Hit the books, started working an honest job, lifting hard, got a gf, I feel like I've been fully rewarded for turning my **** around.

My story of skinny motivation (lol).

inb4haters.

So after moving back home, I just got gym membership. The fact that I was paying for it and wanted to be healthier and live a better life style meant I had to use that membership... I ate my ass off. I ****ing loved it, I blew up so fast, and with mainly muscle, I got addicted. Everyone was impressed and commenting. I began in August, as of January I hit 185 (started around 130, endo build, 5'8 - yes manlet so the fk what). The more and more I got addicted the more I wanted to learn, I kept constantly going. Any time I lose motivation I just think of why I started. I'm cutting atm for summer.

Now that is a nice story, glad you turned around for the better. Congrats on your bulk, post up more pictures i just see 1!!!

btw feel free to post useful articles, or anything that we can use to help reach our goals!

Originally Posted by TheSpecial1 View Post
    New progress pics up - dated march 16th. Loving the gym at the minute, come on fellow skinnies lets get this shi* done.
    Saw them, couldn't comment on them though. Progress can be seen, someone is putting in overtime at the gym lol

btw feel free to post useful articles, or anything that we can use to help reach our goals!
    Originally Posted by Eruption View Post
    save me a seat.

There will always be open seats! No worries

Originally Posted by slammedsl1 View Post
    Best website ever imo I always go on there to find exercises or tips for form etc.

Yeah man, I can imagine lol Things are good here, I will update the progress thread next week once I dial everything in.

thats good to hear, let me know when you dialed everything in! I wanna see those stats

It's so funny to watch those videos, that's the gym I work at here in Boise
    Dam, must be nice to workout with all the big guys including yourself huh?

4 straight days consuming atleast 4k calories. The bulk is doing great so far, just going to keep consistent.

Dam, must be nice to workout with all the big guys including yourself huh?
    It's a beautiful gym, but there's not usually monsters roaming around, they just do most of the filming there.

Anyone know of any good pre workout supplements ? Besides jacked ?

loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) loueyville has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    count me in 5'6" 125 pound skinny shrimp

Anyone know of any good pre workout supplements ? Besides jacked ?
    Look into arginine.