Page 29 of 171 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast
    brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
    well i've made some progress(?) if you want to call it that? i haven't dropped below 133 in a pretty good while and today weighed in at 134. and that was after a lighter meal than usual and sweating my ass off all day at work. i think 135 will be in my near future. fingers crossed.

also put up a new best on decline bench. i under estimated how good the decline feels...definitely gonna be doing some more of that in my routine.
    bump for a new page.

Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well i've made some progress(?) if you want to call it that? i haven't dropped below 133 in a pretty good while and today weighed in at 134. and that was after a lighter meal than usual and sweating my ass off all day at work. i think 135 will be in my near future. fingers crossed.

also put up a new best on decline bench. i under estimated how good the decline feels...definitely gonna be doing some more of that in my routine.
    You can do it man, just eat!

As long as you're on a constant surplus of cals/macros you will grow! Don't skip breakfast, and eat as much as you can. Also, congrats on a new best! I personally don't like the angle of the decline at my gym, so I used either weighted dips or the dip machine, and just lean my body really far forward to hit my pecs. Should try it sometime! I find it much easier on my delts.

nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Whiteybird View Post
    Since when is increasing weight a bad thing? Don't over think it, more weight = progress. No matter how you cut it. Keep increasing the weight until you absolutely can't anymore. If you stick to a certain weight, and don't push yourself, you'll hault your progress. Besides, deads are the easiest lift to add a TON of weight on if you're fairly new to it.
    Well, in any other exercise, Yes. With deads, no. Especially since I've stalled at 60kg for awhile before this. Too scared to accidentally my whole back. Gonna see how 70kg feels again next workout and decide from there.
    Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=670835141

Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nevereon View Post
    Well, in any other exercise, Yes. With deads, no. Especially since I've stalled at 60kg for awhile before this. Too scared to accidentally my whole back. Gonna see how 70kg feels again next workout and decide from there.
    If you accidentally your whole back, your form isn't right.

Don't be scared to move up. That's only going to hold you back from your end goal.

I didn't get to repping 400+ on deads by stopping because I was afraid to do it. I did it. You just need to get out of the mindset that you can't.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thats pretty good, i don't do decline ! Arnold said it was a waste of time, plus you can still develop a lower chest without doing it

Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    yesterday was leg workout
    and i have a new record in Narrow Stance Leg Press i lift 220lbs 5 times with 11 reps
    i wanna try this for 1.5 month but my trainer always stopped me
    i knew that is not so many, but i really like how it sounds 100 kilo
    Congrats! I like the sound of that too bro! Thanks for braggin He shouldn't stop you!! Tell him push you harder!! I wish i could be your partner id get you bigggggg!!!

Originally Posted by bluekoolaid View Post
    Had a really good workout today and finally deadlifted 225*5 so that was very exciting breaking that PR.
    Always nice to break records, thats what I do!!! congrats bro! I can do more a lot more reps but have to work on my legs more

Originally Posted by slammedsl1 View Post
    Skinny crew what up?

Been busy these past few weeks, haven't accomplished too much but my diet is dialed in finally.

After May24, I'll be back in the gym Monday.

Glad to see this thread took off
    Yo bro! Glad to see you take off come back and update us when your finished with your week!!

Originally Posted by herecticx View Post
    skinny checking in

been feeling in the dumps for the past week

journey is so long.. been at it for 3 years gained 17kg and just look average .. sigh

what is it worth
    Nothing major just more confidence, and self esteem, not being called skinny anymore....nicer body...everything changes..but hey what is it worth

Originally Posted by bluekoolaid View Post
    Nice videos from both of you, very motivating here they are embedded

I like these two! Appreciate it GET SWOLE!

Originally Posted by AMinegar View Post
    Lololol....Dude, you were SO small. That's how I feel right now! 160# the other morning. FML
    I know sooooo small feed the children!! FEEEDDDD MEEE

Originally Posted by rrbb View Post
    good, hitting over 3,200 cals a day, hit 3,700 one day! i used to take in (before i was training) around 1,700-2,200. so i'm eating at least an extra 1,000-1,500 cals a day!
    Thats good, glad your bumping it up! smart man Shouldn't have any issues seeing more results how the routine bro!
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey fellow skinnies!!

Just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE!

For helping make this thread the biggest under the motivation thread, with over 20k views and 845 comments!!!!

The official group has 101 members!!

Lets all keep up the great work and help make this thread more helpful to everyone
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drumlinetenor5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey everyone ive been following this group every day for the past month finally decided to join so i can actually have some input. little background. ive always liked to work out. I am lucky enough to have a home gym so im not new to working out. but i just recently fell into the tough journey of weight gaining. on my new program ive gained 10 pounds so far, from 135 to 145. in 2 months. my goal is 150 by my birthday in august. But recently ive had a realy tough time eating. im already on a weight gain shake, creatine, and amino acids. I use to be able to eat more before i started to try and gain weight?? any suggestions on how to pack in my meals.

AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    Hey fellow skinnies!!

Just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE!

For helping make this thread the biggest under the motivation thread, with over 20k views and 845 comments!!!!

The official group has 101 members!!

Lets all keep up the great work and help make this thread more helpful to everyone

Kudos to us. You guys are busting your butts and I am so happy for you. I decided to start eating like I should be and drinking more water. I weighed 159 last weekend and I weighed 172 this morning. I know it's not all gained weight but it is still pretty funny to see. Now if I can just keep my high/low carb cycle going. I am hoping to gain any muscle I can while still staying low bf%.

I get to find out if I am in the Body Fit competition in 6 days. I am biting my nails waiting for it. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2011...mpetition.html This would be an absolutely awesome competition to be involved in. I would get to be judged by celebrities!

Anyway, I hope you all are finding satisfaction as your work toward your goals. Keep the pace up and lets all give ourselves a pat on the back!

Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a great workout last night! The highlights: squatted 175 x 5 at full ROM (could've done more with a spotter) followed by a good leg press that I finished at 310 x 8 at full ROM. I'm pretty happy with those #'s, seeing as I haven't really been working the legs hard until recently.
    "It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." -Arnold

Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sheppe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Kudos to us. You guys are busting your butts and I am so happy for you. I decided to start eating like I should be and drinking more water. I weighed 159 last weekend and I weighed 172 this morning. I know it's not all gained weight but it is still pretty funny to see. Now if I can just keep my high/low carb cycle going. I am hoping to gain any muscle I can while still staying low bf%.

I get to find out if I am in the Body Fit competition in 6 days. I am biting my nails waiting for it. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2011...mpetition.html This would be an absolutely awesome competition to be involved in. I would get to be judged by celebrities!

Anyway, I hope you all are finding satisfaction as your work toward your goals. Keep the pace up and lets all give ourselves a pat on the back!
    Congrats man! Here's hoping you get in!
    "It's simple. If it jiggles, it's fat." -Arnold

BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just checkin back in guys

look at what I came up with today if you would...
    "Why is all of this pain, this hurt, this stuggle for you?
    Because all of this glory is for you."
    I thank God for my success.

★★★ Crimson Tide Crew ★★★

Deadlift- start: 405x2 (11/20/12) Goal: 500x1 (8/10/13)
    |415|425|435|450|455|465|475|485|500|
    RESULT:

Parallel Squat- start: 250*1 (11/23/12) Goal: 335*1(8/10/13)
    |260|270|280|290|300|305|315|325|335|
    RESULT:

Touch chest Bench- start: 200x1 (11/24/12) Goal:285x1 (8/10/13)
    |210|220|230|240|245|255|265|275|285|
    RESULT:

AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AMinegar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Originally Posted by Sheppe View Post
    Congrats man! Here's hoping you get in!
    Much appreciated and great job on last nights lift!
    My workout partner had us do leg presses. 50 reps,40,30,20,10,10,20,30,40,50. I thought I was going to die! Pain is weakness leaving the body!

TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000) TheSlyKillah is just really nice. (+1000)
    In on this!
    Owner of VonBlancoFitness.com
    Personal Trainer (NSCA)
    Nutrition Consultant (Precision Nutrition)
    Online Coach
    Self-proclaimed Lifehacker

"You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't."

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bamabruce View Post
    just checkin back in guys

look at what i came up with today if you would...
    "why is all of this pain, this hurt, this stuggle for you?
    Because all of this glory is for you."
    good sh**!!!

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    JUST A WARNING:

I had to miss the gym from Tues-Friday. Kept my diet decent, and hitting the gym back up again on Monday or possibly Sunday. Don't want to screw my routine days up, so most likely Monday. I'm going hard. I'm not holding anything back. I'm going to eat like a monster. I'm going to lift like a beast. I'm coming for you all! Expect gains and and results. Better work harder then I will be for the next month until this contest is up! GO get it!! Just sayin, I'm comin for ya'll!!!

HAHA keep it up guys!

chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    watup guys im getn back into liftin after 2 concussions which suuuux. lost a lot of weight because i could not eat anything without getn nauseous or pukin for the few months after. still have terrible headaches which doc said could last 6 months or more, just has to heal. so ya im force-feedin myself back slowly but surely hah. ill post new pics in a month or two all the pics on my avi are like 2 years old
    ★★★★★BIG MONEY BALLER CREW★★★★★

Bench: 220
    Dead: 345
    Squat: 320

I REP BACK!!

nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nevster123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, i think i am definitely part of the skinnies! I have lost all motivation at the moment, but looking through this thread has given me back some of this motivation! I need to eat alot more and hit the gym. Wish me luck brahs.

This is a pic from a few months back.

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    U r built about like me....just taller lol. you have a good starting point, you should take advantage of it. you have potential for good aesthetics and size.

anyways good luck fellow skinny brah.

edit: on a side not....fuuuuuk this section demotivates me(besides this thread). BRB reading everones problems...and reminding me of mine.

Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bad news, been quite sick of the stomach puking like a mofo so probably more food went out that stayed in.

Good news, still hit the gym and been trying to eat all I could so hopefully at least managed to not lose weight. Possitive thing is that at another stage of my life I would probably just eaten very little and act like a pussy and stay home cause I am not feeling good but not this time.

Now healthy and back on track.

just got back from the gym. pulled a 215 dead lift. felt great. new max for me. next week i'm hopin for 225.

lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50) lordnoak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Happy Friday Skinnies, make sure you rest up this weekend to hammer it all over again next week (if you work out during the week that is)! Keep it going!

Food info.

Hey guys. I just wanted to pop in and let you know what I am planning on eating up until the Bodyfit contest....if I get in, that is. I am doing 2 low carb days followed by 2 high carb days and back and forth.

Low

M1- 10 egg whites 4 yolk
    1 serving Cream of Wheat

M2- 2.5 scoops Optimum Whey
    2 tbsp Natural Almond Butter

M3- 6 oz Chicken or Tilapia
    2 tbsp Natural almond butter

M4- 2 .5 scoops Optimum Whey
    1/2 cup raw oats (ground) 2 tbsp Natural Almond Butter

M5- 8oz Steak or Ahi
    2 tbsp Macadamia nut oil

M6 - 2 scoops Optimum Whey
    1/2 scoop Casein
    2 tbsp Adams natural peanut butter

High

M1- 10 egg whites
    2 serving Cream of Wheat
    1 sm apple w/1tbsp AdamsPB

M2- 2.5 scoops Optimum Whey
    1/2 cup raw oats (ground in protein)
    1 tbsp Natural Almond Butter

M3- 6oz Chicken or Tilapia
    1.5 cups cooked white rice
    1tbs Natural Almond butter

M4- 2.5 scoops Optimum Whey
    1/2 cup raw oats (ground in protein)
    2 tbsp Natural Almond Butter

M5- 8oz Steak or Ahi
    2 cups cooked rice
    1 tbsp Macadamia nut oil

M6 - 2 scoops Optimum Whey
    1/2 scoop Casein
    1tbsp Adams natural P.B

I am not a trainer, nor do I know diet that well, but I am thinking this will work for me. I am only trying to maintain a low bf% while having a small chance of building muscle at the same time. After the show, or if I don't make it in, I will change it up and stop cycling carbs.
    Last edited by AMinegar; 05-20-2011 at 12:09 PM.

I am not a trainer, nor do I know diet that well, but I am thinking this will work for me. I am only trying to maintain a low bf% while having a small chance of building muscle at the same time. After the show, or if I don't make it in, I will change it up and stop cycling carbs.
    tbh, if it were me (and this is how I bulked) I kept the shakes strictly for Post work out, and even then it was 1.5 scoops of protein, then had 6-7oz of chicken or steak. You don't seem to have a lot of meat in your diet. If you plan on bulking up, I'd suggest adding more meat, and staying away from the shakes, unless you absolutely cannot have whole food. And your fats look a little high as well, no need to have them for every meal.

BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    weight finally movin guys!
    I thank God for my success.

★★★ Crimson Tide Crew ★★★

Deadlift- start: 405x2 (11/20/12) Goal: 500x1 (8/10/13)
    |415|425|435|450|455|465|475|485|500|
    RESULT:

Parallel Squat- start: 250*1 (11/23/12) Goal: 335*1(8/10/13)
    |260|270|280|290|300|305|315|325|335|
    RESULT:

Touch chest Bench- start: 200x1 (11/24/12) Goal:285x1 (8/10/13)
    |210|220|230|240|245|255|265|275|285|
    RESULT:

Originally Posted by Whiteybird View Post
    tbh, if it were me (and this is how I bulked) I kept the shakes strictly for Post work out, and even then it was 1.5 scoops of protein, then had 6-7oz of chicken or steak. You don't seem to have a lot of meat in your diet. If you plan on bulking up, I'd suggest adding more meat, and staying away from the shakes, unless you absolutely cannot have whole food. And your fats look a little high as well, no need to have them for every meal.
    Yeah. It's way too many shakes, I should be having more meat. I have a hard time getting down 2 meat meals in a row, I just don't build up much of an appetite. Maybe that right there is reason enough to drop some of the fat. I bet I'd get hungry quicker. I have been having fats with every meal for a long time, even up til my shows. I don't think it's harming anything, but maybe cutting it will help my appetite. I'll change it all up in a few weeks and try to replace any shakes I can with meat.
    Thanks for the feedback, it's always good to be reminded of things that could be better.

Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000) Donut Juice is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Been lifting religiously for a year, went from 155 LBS to 185-190 (Currently 185, but i was sick, then my birthday hit, so i drank and partied literally till 4 am all of last weekend.) Started last Monday eating like an animal, anything i can eat out of hunger. Haven't gone through 29 Pages of this thread but i will.

Question: When it comes to protein shakes how often do i drink these? 2 Scoops? Also what supplements are absolutely necessary for muscle gain?
    Last edited by Donut Juice; 05-20-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    “He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself.”- Edward Herbert

rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just got back from the gym. pulled a 215 dead lift. felt great. new max for me. next week i'm hopin for 225.
    damn brah! that's phucking awesome!!!! good job! was it for one rep max? i'm a lil heavier than you and my best was 1x 190lbs. so i gotta catch up to you!!! the game is on, brah!

Originally Posted by Donut Juice View Post
    Been lifting religiously for a year, went from 155 LBS to 185-190 (Currently 185, but i was sick, then my birthday hit, so i drank and partied literally till 4 am all of last weekend.) Started last Monday eating like an animal, anything i can eat out of hunger. Haven't gone through 29 Pages of this thread but i will.

Question: When it comes to protein shakes how often do i drink these? 2 Scoops? Also what supplements are absolutely necessary for muscle gain?
    You take as much as your body needs at the time.

Typically 2 scoops = 50g.

And each person will tell you something different. Like I told AMinger, I really only have 1 post workout.

As far as absolutely necessary? Eh, if you're broke just get some free form creatine-mono and a good multi-vitamin. Possibly some glutamine/caffeine as well for a preworkout supp. Nothing is necessary, other than lifting hard, and eating right.

maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50) maccyqueso will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Count me in bros.
    6'5" 176 7 weeks ago.
    190 lbs as of right now (granted some if food/water weight etc.)
    I rep back.
    Journey of the Skinnies. youmad.jpg

Originally Posted by rrbb View Post
    damn brah! that's phucking awesome!!!! good job! was it for one rep max? i'm a lil heavier than you and my best was 1x 190lbs. so i gotta catch up to you!!! the game is on, brah!
    come at me brah.

and yeah 1 rm. i'll post a vid eventually of a 4 plate lift. when i watch myself in the mirror, i really look like i'm gonna die trying to get it up lmao. they call it dead lift for a reason.....

btw i think short ppl have an easier time dl'ing at first. shorter back, shorter legs, less distance to travel etc. my work out partner is 5'5" 140 lbs and dl's 315.