Page 19 of 171 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast
    cavemanmoore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    New guy to the thread here. However not new to being skinny. What is this contest I am reading about? I want to play too!

-Chris

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cavemanmoore View Post
    New guy to the thread here. However not new to being skinny. What is this contest I am reading about? I want to play too!

-Chris

Glad to have you with us, Welcome! Sorry to say but I decided to close the registration, its been almost a week already! Sorry!! You can join the next one, when this one finishes!!! Tell us alittle bit about yourself.

Hmmmm....... i take that back.. You will be the last to join. you have til the end of the week to post your stats on this thread and beginning pictures

front
    side
    back

and any other shots you would like. ps you must add the group

Originally Posted by caustin1986 View Post
    Had the best chest/triceps workout EVER a few hours ago! I've never gotten a noticeable pump in my chest but today they were like 2 inches bigger! It was like a glimpse into the future of what I'll look like haha. May sound dumb to some, but it got me really motivated and I'm ready for tomorrow's workout! BTW I'm up to 170lbs right now, but I'm guessing its water weight.
    Thats great news! Glad to hear your having success! How is your stack so far! You started it monday correct??? Keep up the good work, btw don't worry just keep eating! You will keep gaining
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation

EVERYONE WHO IS IN THIS THREAD SEND ME A PM OR COMMENT

with first name , last name, and email address

Time to get more organized, and add the group!
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    Glad to have you with us, Welcome! Sorry to say but I decided to close the registration, its been almost a week already! Sorry!! You can join the next one, when this one finishes!!! Tell us alittle bit about yourself.

Hmmmm....... i take that back.. You will be the last to join. you have til the end of the week to post your stats on this thread and beginning pictures

front
    side
    back

and any other shots you would like. ps you must add the group

Thats great news! Glad to hear your having success! How is your stack so far! You started it monday correct??? Keep up the good work, btw don't worry just keep eating! You will keep gaining
    The stack is going good I guess haha. No noticeable changes yet but its been a whole 2 days so we'll see in a couple weeks. PM'd name and email.

nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BamaBruce View Post
    weight down again today, 155.4 o well long as that decrease isnt muscle!
    Don't worry brah, it's most likely because of daily weight fluctuations (water / stool weight etc). You'll just go crazy if you try logging your weight everyday, stick to once a week or once every other week to make sure you're on track (on a surplus / deficit depending on your goals) but that's all that checking your weight really should be used for. The only changes that really matter are in the mirror
    Check out my log! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=670835141

Originally Posted by nevereon View Post
    Don't worry brah, it's most likely because of daily weight fluctuations (water / stool weight etc). You'll just go crazy if you try logging your weight everyday, stick to once a week or once every other week to make sure you're on track (on a surplus / deficit depending on your goals) but that's all that checking your weight really should be used for. The only changes that really matter are in the mirror
    Couldn't have said it any better!! GREAT ADVICE
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by caustin1986 View Post
    The stack is going good I guess haha. No noticeable changes yet but its been a whole 2 days so we'll see in a couple weeks. PM'd name and email.
    Got it! Thanks!! No doubt in my mind, you will see results. Just don't give up. Make sure you do 5-10 mins of cardio after you workout, some cardio is better than none. Also helps make you hungry!!!
    We Win OR We Learn

caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caustin1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah I weighed myself today (170lbs) and the time before that was about a week ago and was 164.6 I believe. I agree it's dumb to weigh every day because it goes up and down so much throughout the course of the day.

Got it! Thanks!! No doubt in my mind, you will see results. Just don't give up. Make sure you do 5-10 mins of cardio after you workout, some cardio is better than none. Also helps make you hungry!!!
    Oh yeah I'm not giving up. It's a lifestyle change, not just this competition ya know? And I'm making sure I hit that cardio so I'll be able to see a little bit more of that muscle and keep my metabolism up.

executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It seems like everyone has been progressing along in one way or another. It's always a good boost of motivation when I come here and read how people are going and how far they've come. Makes me want to get to the kitchen and make myself another meal hah!

As for me, well, for about a week after getting my teeth out eating was pretty low since I could hardly open my mouth due to the swelling so i wasn't get much in at all, and that affected me because now I'm finding it really hard to get back up to 3000 calories a day. I just don't have the stomach for it yet. But I'm slowly working up to it again, hopefully within the next few days I'll be getting close. I increased the amount of reps I'm doing with my workouts and changed some things around, and feeling pretty good all-round with that aspect. Started creatine as well so I'll see how I go with that too.

Just got to get back into routine and get my motivation up and into gear so I can see some gains!

Definitely have to take in the recommendation about cardio as that might help get my body hungry again.

I hope everyone is going strong and sticking to their goals.

rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by E_Weazy View Post
    This week, hoping to hit some PRs for 5 reps

Up my 130 lbs bench ---> 135 lbs
    Up my 200 lbs squat ---> 205 lbs
    Up my 255 lbs DL ---> 260 lbs

All of this on a MASSIVE 128 lbs frame, awww yeaaaa!!!
    128lbs and you are DL'ing 255 x5 reps?! damn dude that's awesome!!!! keep up the good work, and hit those PRs !!!!

rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Whiteybird View Post
    Need to work on your hams, imo.

The drive out of the hole is mostly glutes/hams. When you're locking out, have to push your glutes through, and contract your lower back. Imagining somebody pulling you up and back by the collar of your shirt helps. Try Glute/Ham raises for assistance work.
    If I do deadlifts on my day for legs to work my quads and I do squats on that day as well, would it make sense to do 1x5 of straight legged DLs to work my hams? or is that too much?

alexfergusonwri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny walking staunch..

Yep, just joined the club... too late for me to become a big guy (48) but been improving lately especially after started a proper diet, cardio exercises and then building mass. A high concentration omega 3 from www,maxalife,com was the trigger I would say. Somehow it sparkled me up, not just organically. Sometimes you ned an extra punch...got it.

nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10) nevereon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rrbb View Post
    128lbs and you are DL'ing 255 x5 reps?! damn dude that's awesome!!!! keep up the good work, and hit those PRs !!!!
    Agreed! Holy hell bro. I'm pulling like 150 for 1 rep at 140lbs. GJDM you got some serious strength right now. Would love to be repping in the mid 200's

overtraining

Hello my skinny pals! I posted a thread in the workout forum and didn't really get much response...my thread was about my recent discovery that my lack of gains was due to overtraining...so i thought i'd share the story here in the hopes that it helps another skinny dude from making the same mistakes i made!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=134217681

Ok so without going into way too much detail... I started training for the first time in my life this past September (2010). I am 6 feet tall and was around 140lbs (I am aware how thin that is, no need to remind me). I started training one muscle group once a week and saw incredible gains. I went from benching a little over 50% of my BW to over 100% of my BW in 2 months. Almost every muscle group in my body saw similar gains. I was replete with energy, my body looked better than ever and I felt INCREDIBLE for the first time in my adult life.

Then I got the bright idea (as I'm sure many of you other rookies have had) that if I work each muscle group TWICE a week I will get DOUBLE the results! So I did just that. I started training 4 days on and 1 day off from late November until a few days ago. The only break I had from my training regimen came from the multiple times I came down with a stomach flu/regular flu/cold/etc. I started getting sick more and more often and started having HORRIBLE insomnia on my days off from training. I'd lay in bed the entire night squirming around in what I now realize must have been due to the release of excessive amounts of cortisol in my body (please correct me if you think this is inaccurate).

My big gains quickly turned into even bigger losses. My squats, bench presses, bicep curls, skull crushers, OH presses, EVERYTHING started to decline. At first, in denial and due to my lack of knowledge, I attributed this all to the fact that I had taken 5 or 6 days off each month due to illnesses and those days off were causing me to lose all of my gains. So even though my body was telling me to slow down I took it to mean I need to hit the gym even harder to make up for being sick!

Anyhow a few weeks ago I joined BB.com and started reading up on proper training/resting routines and realized not only was I working each muscle group 2x a week but my split was also working each muscle group an additional 1-2x a week...so I was doing some muscles 3-4x a week! I did bis/tris/back on day 1, chest/shoulders on day 2, legs/forearms day 3, abs/pushups/planks on day 4 and then 1 day of rest and then I'd repeat...

Anyhow now I've realized my big rookie mistake and am taking a week off from training. On day #2 right now. However, last night's restless, nightmarish insomnia led me to realize unless I do SOME exercise, in some capacity, I will never sleep and will never fully recover...so that leads me to my question....

Cliffnote: I overtrained for the past 4-6 months with not enough days off. I am taking 7 days off from training to get my body to recover. Is it OK for me to do LIGHT cardio (1 mile jogging) each day after work during my week off? Today I did just that and I feel a lot more relaxed and feel like I might actually sleep tonight. I did a jog/walk/jog/walk mile, switching between the two paces and finished with a 12.5 minute mile. I haven't done cardio for the past 6 months due to my difficulty keeping weight/mass on my thin frame.

Is that TOO fast or is that OK to do once a day for the next 6 days? Hopefully I won't need to do it, but just in case is that OK to do during my week off due to overtraining?

Symptoms I have noticed recently:
    - Extreme daytime fatigue
    - Depression
    - Insomnia
    - Significant loss of strength
    - Multiple illnesses
    - Runny nose

Note: I'm sure some of you are going to try to tell me I wasn't overtraining and that you've trained my routine for the past 10 years and added your penis-pushups in as supersets to all exercises but I do not have the same body as you, so please don't try to tell me how stupid or how much of a pussy I am for considering this to be overtraining!

Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I do deadlifts on my day for legs to work my quads and I do squats on that day as well, would it make sense to do 1x5 of straight legged DLs to work my hams? or is that too much?
    Deads really aren't a focus of quads. Like I said, its more glute/ham/lower back dominate. You want to do deads on a completely seperate day than squats. So, no deads on leg day. Your big 4 compound moves are squat/bench/shoulder press/deads. All should have seperate days for eachother. It'd make since to do romanian deads (stiff legged) on your leg day as a ham exercise. Would do that towards the end of your workout after quads.

You'll always want your deads dedicated to 1 day, it helps put the most size on you.

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey guys!

so worked out today. gained 1.5 lbs since last week. i upped my protein intake and i think i'm slowly gaining back the weight i lost. i'm at 132.5 right now. i lost i bunch of weight when i cycled of off the whey shakes. went from 134.5 to 130 almost over night. i tryed to get all my protein from diet alone. yeah, didn't work at all. i think i lost some water weight with that but w/e. weight is weight.

anyways, dead lifted today. felt real good. didn't try to max out though. but i did 185 and 195 easy. i'm thinking i'll be able to do 215 either friday or next monday for sure. i did a little squatting too. again i didn't try to max. had horrible hip pain today. not sure why. hopefully better luck next time. oh and i ripped fukc outta my boxers while squatting lmao. oops.

also had bad pain in my left shoulder. this i think is due to me sleeping all night on my left side. woke up with it stiff as farrrrk. anybody else have this problem?
    Last edited by brian1570; 05-04-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
    hey guys!

so worked out today. gained 1.5 lbs since last week. i upped my protein intake and i think i'm slowly gaining back the weight i lost. i'm at 132.5 right now. i lost i bunch of weight when i cycled of off the whey shakes. went from 134.5 to 130 almost over night. i tryed to get all my protein from diet alone. yeah, didn't work at all. i think i lost some water weight with that but w/e. weight is weight.

anyways, dead lifted today. felt real good. didn't try to max out though. but i did 185 and 195 easy. i'm thinking i'll be able to do 215 either friday or next monday for sure. i did a little squatting too. again i didn't try to max. had horrible hip pain today. not sure why. hopefully better luck next time. oh and i ripped fukc outta my boxers while squatting lmao. oops.

also had bad pain in my left shoulder. this i think is due to me sleeping all night on my left side. woke up with it stiff as farrrrk. anybody else have this problem?

Your weight will pick back up bro no worries, LMAO ripped boxers while squatting ?? I have you beat I was squatting awhile back...had windbreaker type pants on and.....as ...i went down....RIPPPPPPPPPP I had headphones so I didn't hear it. My partner started laughing, I was like wtf???? I check and god dammmmmm lol it was down my middle of my ass ...lol soooo, I kept laughing trying to play it off...lol sooo funny

Yes, same problem one time, the way you sleep maybe a problem, sleeping on your side??? I sleep with my arms down, and not one arm vertical. lol

Originally Posted by alexfergusonwri View Post
    Yep, just joined the club... too late for me to become a big guy (48) but been improving lately especially after started a proper diet, cardio exercises and then building mass. A high concentration omega 3 from www,maxalife,com was the trigger I would say. Somehow it sparkled me up, not just organically. Sometimes you ned an extra punch...got it.
    Glad to have you here with us! Join the group also,

The things I will need from you before you join is your first/last name and also email address send it in a pm or in a comment

Hopefully it wasn't a punch in the face lol Your right diet, cardio, exercising, sleep all help with building mass
    We Win OR We Learn

Hello my skinny pals! I posted a thread in the workout forum and didn't really get much response...my thread was about my recent discovery that my lack of gains was due to overtraining...so i thought i'd share the story here in the hopes that it helps another skinny dude from making the same mistakes i made!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=134217681
    You're fine bro Good that you realized it in time!

Originally Posted by Whiteybird View Post
    Deads really aren't a focus of quads. Like I said, its more glute/ham/lower back dominate. You want to do deads on a completely seperate day than squats. So, no deads on leg day. Your big 4 compound moves are squat/bench/shoulder press/deads. All should have seperate days for eachother. It'd make since to do romanian deads (stiff legged) on your leg day as a ham exercise. Would do that towards the end of your workout after quads.

You'll always want your deads dedicated to 1 day, it helps put the most size on you.
    Wat. Link me a source please. By this logic Rippetoes, one of the most revered workout programs on these forums, is faulty. Unless of course you're speaking exclusively of splits in which case I agree and you are right.

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your weight will pick back up bro no worries, LMAO ripped boxers while squatting ?? I have you beat I was squatting awhile back...had windbreaker type pants on and.....as ...i went down....RIPPPPPPPPPP I had headphones so I didn't hear it. My partner started laughing, I was like wtf???? I check and god dammmmmm lol it was down my middle of my ass ...lol soooo, I kept laughing trying to play it off...lol sooo funny

Yes, same problem one time, the way you sleep maybe a problem, sleeping on your side??? I sleep with my arms down, and not one arm vertical. lol
    haha yeah, i felt something pop when i went down...paused....thought it was a hip or something popping. shrugged it off and kept going. right after the gym i went to go drop a deuce and sure enough....almost ripped the damn things clean in half. LMAO.

but yeah i keep sleeping on the same arm lately and now it's killing me. not sure how to stop sleeping on it. and not sure how to get the pain out.

Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Whiteybird will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Wat. Link me a source please. By this logic Rippetoes, one of the most revered workout programs on these forums, is faulty. Unless of course you're speaking exclusively of splits in which case I agree and you are right.
    Use all the broscience/links you want. How big are you again? Obviously its working.

I'm only 220, coming from 140, natty. But what do I know right?

Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
    haha yeah, i felt something pop when i went down...paused....thought it was a hip or something popping. shrugged it off and kept going. right after the gym i went to go drop a deuce and sure enough....almost ripped the damn things clean in half. LMAO.

but yeah i keep sleeping on the same arm lately and now it's killing me. not sure how to stop sleeping on it. and not sure how to get the pain out.
    LMAO, well atleast you had a breeze while working out? lol Invest in some spandex lol
    We Win OR We Learn

Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thisisskinny has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started my new workout this week. I'll try to post it tomorrow (need to bring home the gym sheet, don't remember sets and reps). I think it could be missing some compound excercises but its my second month so it could be because of my "gym beginner status".

It seem like I've gained about 2 lbs. After a while going up and down got to my max weight +2. Let's see if I can hold on to them and keep gaining. Sunday will be the real weight in day.

BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    haha thats true my bro. was back up to 156 or so today and yeah the mirror looks a little better recently!
    I thank God for my success.

★★★ Crimson Tide Crew ★★★

Deadlift- start: 405x2 (11/20/12) Goal: 500x1 (8/10/13)
    |415|425|435|450|455|465|475|485|500|
    RESULT:

Parallel Squat- start: 250*1 (11/23/12) Goal: 335*1(8/10/13)
    |260|270|280|290|300|305|315|325|335|
    RESULT:

Touch chest Bench- start: 200x1 (11/24/12) Goal:285x1 (8/10/13)
    |210|220|230|240|245|255|265|275|285|
    RESULT:

pamajosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I am kinda new to weight lifting. (ive been lifting for 3-4 months on off) then i took a break for about 1-2 weeks and im trying to get back in it. I was wondering where i should start im looking into ordering 2 supplements.
    1.Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice 2544
    Banana, 5 Lbs.
    2.Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey
    Banana Cream, 2 Lbs.

Wondering what you guys think.
    Im weighing in about 120-125 i havent checked recently. Im just trying to get big for next years sports. Trying to take my sports to another level and want to be looked at differently from others.
    What workouts should i start with?

Originally Posted by pamajosh View Post
    Hey I am kinda new to weight lifting. (ive been lifting for 3-4 months on off) then i took a break for about 1-2 weeks and im trying to get back in it. I was wondering where i should start im looking into ordering 2 supplements.
    1.Ultimate Nutrition Muscle Juice 2544
    Banana, 5 Lbs.
    2.Optimum Gold Standard 100% Whey
    Banana Cream, 2 Lbs.

Wondering what you guys think.
    Im weighing in about 120-125 i havent checked recently. Im just trying to get big for next years sports. Trying to take my sports to another level and want to be looked at differently from others.
    What workouts should i start with?
    Well in my opinion don't waste your money buying two protein supplements, waste of money. I would buy a weight gainer - On serious mass will do. Then buy a multi vitamin, and fish oil. If you want to take it up a notch You can buy a pre workout supplement, ones id recommend, is No Explode by BSN, or Assault by Muscle Pharm

Since you really haven't been working out for that long you could wait awhile before you throw in the pre workout supplement. After a month or so.

Most people here would say do a SS, which is a starting program for beginners. Here the program I have been doing, you should see results with this. Try it for 1 week, if its too much drop 1 exercise off per body part.

Monday- Chest, Bicep
    Tuesday- OFF
    Wednesday- Back, Calves
    Thursday- Shoulders
    Friday- OFF
    Saturday- Legs
    Sunday- OFF

Chest & Bicep
    -Barbell Bench press (Power)- 4x3-5
    -Incline Bench press (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -DB Bench Press (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -DB Fly (Burn)- 2x40

-Pinwheel curls (Power)- 2x3-5
    -Standing Barbell curl (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -Cable Preacher curl (Burn)- 2x40

Back & Calves
    - Deadlift (Power)- 4x3-5
    -BB row (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    - Lat pulldown Wide (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -Seated Cable Row (Burn)- 2x40

-Seated Calf Raise (Muscle)- 3x10-15
    -Calf Raise (Burn)- 2x40

Shoulders & Tricep
    -Seated Barbell press (Power)- 4x3-5
    -Seated Arnold (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -Barbell Front raises (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -DB lateral raises (Burn)- 2x40

-Close-grip Bench (Power)- 2x3-5
    -Dips (Muscle)- 2x6-12
    -EZ bar skull crusher (Muscle)- 2x6-12
    -Cable Tricep Extension (Burn)- 1x40

Legs
    -Squat (Power)-4x3-5
    -Leg press (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -Front Squat (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -Leg press (Burn)- 2x40

-Roman Deadlift (Power)- 4x3-5
    -Leg curl (Muscle)- 3x6-12
    -Leg curl (Burn)- 1x40

Originally Posted by Thisisskinny View Post
    Started my new workout this week. I'll try to post it tomorrow (need to bring home the gym sheet, don't remember sets and reps). I think it could be missing some compound excercises but its my second month so it could be because of my "gym beginner status".

It seem like I've gained about 2 lbs. After a while going up and down got to my max weight +2. Let's see if I can hold on to them and keep gaining. Sunday will be the real weight in day.
    Can't wait til the weigh in!! I need a new fitbook!!
    We Win OR We Learn

pamajosh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well in my opinion don't waste your money buying two protein supplements, waste of money. I would buy a weight gainer - On serious mass will do. Then buy a multi vitamin, and fish oil. If you want to take it up a notch You can buy a pre workout supplement, ones id recommend, is No Explode by BSN, or Assault by Muscle Pharm

Since you really haven't been working out for that long you could wait awhile before you throw in the pre workout supplement. After a month or so.

Most people here would say do a SS, which is a starting program for beginners. Here the program I have been doing, you should see results with this. Try it for 1 week, if its too much drop 1 exercise off per body part.

Monday- Chest, Bicep
    Tuesday- OFF
    Wednesday- Back, Calves
    Thursday- Shoulders
    Friday- OFF
    Saturday- Legs
    Sunday- OFF

Chest & Bicep
    -DB Fly (Burn)- 2x40

Back & Calves
    -BB row (Muscle)- 3x6-12

-Calf Raise (Burn)- 2x40

Shoulders & Tricep

-Dips (Muscle)- 2x6-12

Legs
    -Squat (Power)-4x3-5
    -Leg press (Burn)- 2x40

-Leg curl (Burn)- 1x40

Okay. thank you very much!

Are you talking about this weight gainer?
    -Optimum Serious Mass

Monday- Chest, Bicep
    Tuesday- OFF
    Wednesday- Back, Calves
    Thursday- Shoulders
    Friday- OFF
    Saturday- Legs
    Sunday- OFF

Chest & Bicep
    -DB Fly (Burn)- 2x40

Back & Calves
    -BB row (Muscle)- 3x6-12

-Calf Raise (Burn)- 2x40

Shoulders & Tricep

-Dips (Muscle)- 2x6-12

Legs
    -Squat (Power)-4x3-5
    -Leg press (Burn)- 2x40

-Leg curl (Burn)- 1x40

Hey man, 2 questions. What's the diff. between Power, Muscle, and Burn? I'm assuming Power is less reps with heavy weight, muscle is slightly more reps with slightly lighter weights, and burn is large reps, with light weights? ( I also have to look up pinwheel curls, and the seated arnold)

2nd question: Does stretching before and after workout stimulate muscle growth? I'm probably the worst person when it comes to stretching. I never really stretch before or after workouts, which I know puts me at risk of injury. I'm going to make sure though from now on that I stretch every time, but just wanted to know if it promotes muscle growth, Vs. not stretching.

Originally Posted by BamaBruce View Post
    haha thats true my bro. was back up to 156 or so today and yeah the mirror looks a little better recently!
    Hey Bama I'm Active Duty Military...where's my reps damn it!!!!

(joking about the reps, serious about being Active Duty haha)

Originally Posted by pamajosh View Post
    Okay. thank you very much!

Are you talking about this weight gainer?
    -Optimum Serious Mass
    Yup thats it! I wouldn't get a weird flavor, might be nasty, stick with chocolate. Kind of hard to mess that up! And no problem, measure yourself and post your stats!!! Take a picture also!!
    We Win OR We Learn