Page 170 of 171 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,100 of 5128
    redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone still active anymore!? Where everyone at
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just started working again here last week. Not even on a program yet. Just trying to get bac into it. Trying to find a good program I can use in my gym. Thinking of doing Starting Strength again like I used to.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by necrologic View Post
    I just started working again here last week. Not even on a program yet. Just trying to get bac into it. Trying to find a good program I can use in my gym. Thinking of doing Starting Strength again like I used to.
    I'm glad you are getting back into the gym, best part is you will able to put on lean muscle mass and cut fat off at the same time. I would say try a strength program, I ran my 5x5 for 8 weeks and saw pretty great gains. Paired with diet, and man.... but yes, I say go for it. Keep it simple, I actually love strength programs now, I want to become a powerful mf, will take time but there is just something about it. How bent out of shape are you? Normally its easier to get back into shape than to get in shape.
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    I'm glad you are getting back into the gym, best part is you will able to put on lean muscle mass and cut fat off at the same time. I would say try a strength program, I ran my 5x5 for 8 weeks and saw pretty great gains. Paired with diet, and man.... but yes, I say go for it. Keep it simple, I actually love strength programs now, I want to become a powerful mf, will take time but there is just something about it. How bent out of shape are you? Normally its easier to get back into shape than to get in shape.
    Trying that allpro's sticky one in the threads. Only done it once. Had someone watch my form, and my back was hurting bad when I got home. As well as the next morning. There's been something wrong with my back the past few months, but I have no clue what it could be.

It's not from working out because I only recently started back up focusing on form and going light. It started after I worked two 12 hour shifts in a roll with this chair digging into the spot that's hurting. Idk but I'm not giving up.

nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this sounds like the group for me, just started at the gym. felt like the skinniest kid in high school getin pushed around by all the other kids that looked like grown men at like 16. i think im gona do GST program

Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sigurd33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm trying to get back to the gym consistently, and I tried out the first day of Steve Cook's modern physique plan this week (before I left town and went away from the gym). My upper body was sore later that day of the workout, and for the following 2 days (kinda happy about that). Knowledge wise and cooking wise, the diet aspect is a bit overwhelming for me though. The diet part of bodybuilding is something I didn't properly focus on in the past, and I am sure that didn't help my progress back then.

rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10) rslc is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is the thread for me, I am currently @ 132 lbs (coming from the dark ages of 118 lbs back in December) and I noticed that whenever I exercise, I gain weight. I will try out the meal plan posted on page 1. Will help alot.

Also, my goal is to hit 160lbs by end of December, alot of work yes but a 3200+ calorie diet is the key as well as exercise.

Thanks!

nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nford824 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    how tall?

Trying that allpro's sticky one in the threads. Only done it once. Had someone watch my form, and my back was hurting bad when I got home. As well as the next morning. There's been something wrong with my back the past few months, but I have no clue what it could be.

It's not from working out because I only recently started back up focusing on form and going light. It started after I worked two 12 hour shifts in a roll with this chair digging into the spot that's hurting. Idk but I'm not giving up.
    Man well great job getting back at it, you take all your progress pics and measurements for yourself? With your mindset you will need them because you are going to see pretty good progress. hows the diet portion?
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by nford824 View Post
    this sounds like the group for me, just started at the gym. felt like the skinniest kid in high school getin pushed around by all the other kids that looked like grown men at like 16. i think im gona do GST program
    Thats the best time to start, you have a reason to get into the gym and push yourself now. I know that feeling you had. What are your starting stats, and goals?
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by Sigurd33 View Post
    I'm trying to get back to the gym consistently, and I tried out the first day of Steve Cook's modern physique plan this week (before I left town and went away from the gym). My upper body was sore later that day of the workout, and for the following 2 days (kinda happy about that). Knowledge wise and cooking wise, the diet aspect is a bit overwhelming for me though. The diet part of bodybuilding is something I didn't properly focus on in the past, and I am sure that didn't help my progress back then.
    You are right biggest key is the diet portion. Normally when you get back into the gym or first start back up, you are pickup soreness for the next 2 weeks. Once your body adapts some then you will tend to get less sore. Just make sure you are feeding your body what it needs to recover and rest. Glutamine can help with recovery also and its dirt cheap. If you are just getting back in the gym, maybe start 3-5 days a week. Nothing too crazy. You could even do a simple 5x5 strength program. For me getting back into the gym wasen't easy so I kept things simple. Makes it alittle easier. Just my opinion though
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by rslc View Post
    This is the thread for me, I am currently @ 132 lbs (coming from the dark ages of 118 lbs back in December) and I noticed that whenever I exercise, I gain weight. I will try out the meal plan posted on page 1. Will help alot.

Also, my goal is to hit 160lbs by end of December, alot of work yes but a 3200+ calorie diet is the key as well as exercise.

Thanks!
    Had to go back to the first page when i first posted haha showed

CALORIES- 4365
    PROTEIN- 290g
    CARBS- 348g

I know more now than when I first started. So I would say don't just hop on this same calorie setup. Everyone is different, What is your current calorie count you need to hit and we can look into setting up a better diet, with macros etc. When you up your calories too fast or gain weight too fast you gain alot of fat.

Let me tell you all the fat I built up over the years from bulking etc was hard to come off. Especially when you look to get under 10%. CONGRATS on the weight gain, 28lbs by end of december is too much, thats my thoughts though. Don't get caught up in the numbers much. You may end up having your BF too high and thats not the point of a bulk. You want to gain quality on a bulk not just get all sloppy. You have pictures posted? Whats your current bf at?

You working out I'm sure you will put some quality muscle on especially if you are a beginner.
    We Win OR We Learn

Originally Posted by nford824 View Post
    how tall?
    Lost me there
    We Win OR We Learn

Man well great job getting back at it, you take all your progress pics and measurements for yourself? With your mindset you will need them because you are going to see pretty good progress. hows the diet portion?
    I had help a few years ago. This time I'm doing most of it myself unfortunately. I've not done many measurements at the moment due to not having the correct tool. I do need to take some pictures though. As for my diet.. It could use work. I know exactly what to do. Just is a little expensive so I'm catching up on bills. I did recently get a 5 serving George Forman grill though. So I'll be able to start grilling turkey burgers to carry around to munch on. I'm eating correctly just not enough. That will change soon though.

Oh! and im using Allpro's sticky at the moment for a exercise plan. Been writing down my progress. Starting with just the bar on everything so I can focus on form and not hurt my back.

I had help a few years ago. This time I'm doing most of it myself unfortunately. I've not done many measurements at the moment due to not having the correct tool. I do need to take some pictures though. As for my diet.. It could use work. I know exactly what to do. Just is a little expensive so I'm catching up on bills. I did recently get a 5 serving George Forman grill though. So I'll be able to start grilling turkey burgers to carry around to munch on. I'm eating correctly just not enough. That will change soon though.

Oh! and im using Allpro's sticky at the moment for a exercise plan. Been writing down my progress. Starting with just the bar on everything so I can focus on form and not hurt my back.

You mean like with meal prepping and stuff? Or just help building a diet for yourself? Since you don't have the tool to measure yourself pictures should be fine. If your diet is alittle expensive I'd re-work it so its more budget friendly. Carb sources that are dirt cheap - bananas, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, frozen veggies, Protein sources - chicken, whey protein, turkey, and pork. Fish is normally more pricey along with steak. Ground beef isn't bad but I normally stay away from that sits heavier in me so I like ground turkey. Wanna post your diet and we can see what things we can change around to be more cost effective? I'll have to check out the Allpro sticky not familiar with it. Can you post link?

I use to write down my progress in a journal but at gym its more inconvenient, since i have a smartphone I looked for a friendly app. Checkout FitNotes, its awesome! It records everything you do and even tells you when you hit a pr, the charts are awesome. Give it a look at. IT'S FREE.
    We Win OR We Learn

NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm still around, haven't been working out for **** but my new job has a gym so I should probably start lol. Back down to about 160ish.
    -U.S. Navy Master-at-Arms-
    SCCA Crew

Originally Posted by NoFive0 View Post
    I'm still around, haven't been working out for **** but my new job has a gym so I should probably start lol. Back down to about 160ish.
    LOL Still didn't fall off like I did, think it was a year of "falling off". How are you looking at 160lbs? I would think still lean, just maybe alittle stomach pudge? Atleast if you start back up with gym, you would see gains pretty quick. Much easier to get back into shape.
    We Win OR We Learn

NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    LOL Still didn't fall off like I did, think it was a year of "falling off". How are you looking at 160lbs? I would think still lean, just maybe alittle stomach pudge? Atleast if you start back up with gym, you would see gains pretty quick. Much easier to get back into shape.

No, not pudge at all, lost size in arms, chest and back mostly. I was actually thinking about seeing a Dr. about my t levels too because I'm tired all the time and lost some sex drive, I did just turn 30 too.
    SCCA Crew

No, not pudge at all, lost size in arms, chest and back mostly. I was actually thinking about seeing a Dr. about my t levels too because I'm tired all the time and lost some sex drive, I did just turn 30 too.

Lucky you, no pudge. Arms are normally the first thing that disappear hahah that and chest. But it's ok you should start back up at it then. Pickup something simple like a 5x5. Doesn't even have to be anything crazy, 3 days a week is better than nothing. As for T Levels, check them out, I'm 26 now, and I found out that I have low test levels....sucks, because being tired etc all these past years I just thought it was from working all the time etc but turns out I'm veryyyyyy low lol Doctor recommended TRT but I don't want to jump on TRT and have to pin needles for the rest of my life. So I will get my blood checked in a few weeks, since i've been more active in the gym, and eating much better. Normally this is one way to increase test levels. I will compare them and see if it worked, if not then...idk I may have to. Don't want to mess up the quality of my life. I do feel much better now though so....... guess we will see. Mine was in no mans land haha
    We Win OR We Learn

That sucks man, yeah I work a lot too but I've always worked 12-16 hr days and just noticed that my motivation is gone out the window and energy level is non existent.

I was thinking about a 5x5 or something similar, I am probably going to do a upper/lower 4 days a week. I was hoping to get on some type of oly lift program but would like some instruction first.
    SCCA Crew

That sucks man, yeah I work a lot too but I've always worked 12-16 hr days and just noticed that my motivation is gone out the window and energy level is non existent.

I was thinking about a 5x5 or something similar, I am probably going to do a upper/lower 4 days a week. I was hoping to get on some type of oly lift program but would like some instruction first.
    Let me know the results, I'd get it checked out, and then test it again 8-12 weeks after workout out. Should see a bump. We all have been in the slumps before so just brush it up. Upper lower 4 days a week is pretty simple too, nothing complicated so you might actually enjoy it. You get to run through your workout pretty quick also. I'm sure you will shed fat and build back the muscle you lost from falling off. Which will come quick, thus motivating you even more. Wanting to see your progress also.
    We Win OR We Learn

Man, if I shed any weight I'd disappear. Lol
    SCCA Crew

You mean like with meal prepping and stuff? Or just help building a diet for yourself? Since you don't have the tool to measure yourself pictures should be fine. If your diet is alittle expensive I'd re-work it so its more budget friendly. Carb sources that are dirt cheap - bananas, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, frozen veggies, Protein sources - chicken, whey protein, turkey, and pork. Fish is normally more pricey along with steak. Ground beef isn't bad but I normally stay away from that sits heavier in me so I like ground turkey. Wanna post your diet and we can see what things we can change around to be more cost effective? I'll have to check out the Allpro sticky not familiar with it. Can you post link?

I use to write down my progress in a journal but at gym its more inconvenient, since i have a smartphone I looked for a friendly app. Checkout FitNotes, its awesome! It records everything you do and even tells you when you hit a pr, the charts are awesome. Give it a look at. IT'S FREE.
    Here the link
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=169172473

As for my diet. What I meant was what I eat is spot on. I even go for the cheaper things like you mentioned. I stay away from things with trans and saturated fat. I also sway from ground chuck and go with ground turkey. Less grease and cheaper. I'm just super broke so eating a surplus of these things can be hard. I'm pulling OT at my job though so hopefully i can change that.

Oh. And i do carry around a journal at my gym. No one is ever there when i go so it's easy

Well woke up at 415 am and hit the gym before work. Did a good upper body workout today, haven't lost as much strength as I anticipated. Tomorrow I'll hit lower and try not to kill myself.
    SCCA Crew

imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100) imamfah91 is not very well liked. (-100)
    quite difficult for skinny guys like me in the form of muscle

Here the link
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=169172473

As for my diet. What I meant was what I eat is spot on. I even go for the cheaper things like you mentioned. I stay away from things with trans and saturated fat. I also sway from ground chuck and go with ground turkey. Less grease and cheaper. I'm just super broke so eating a surplus of these things can be hard. I'm pulling OT at my job though so hopefully i can change that.

Oh. And i do carry around a journal at my gym. No one is ever there when i go so it's easy
    Oh i know how hard that can be. You could scale back your cardio if you are doing some or the amount of time you spend in the gym, = calories burned get dropped and you don't need massive amounts of calories to grow.
    We Win OR We Learn

Well woke up at 415 am and hit the gym before work. Did a good upper body workout today, haven't lost as much strength as I anticipated. Tomorrow I'll hit lower and try not to kill myself.
    Someone gets up earlier than me?! haha great job with doing what it takes man. Most people would be sleeping... Hows your DOMS? haha First 2 weeks are always a pain.

Originally Posted by imamfah91 View Post
    quite difficult for skinny guys like me in the form of muscle
    Difficult doesn't mean impossible.......
    We Win OR We Learn

Going to run another 8 week program starting Monday July 11- Sept 4th, I think i'll log it on my IG account and try to post something each day.

Goal would be to drop from 11ish % BF to 7ish% Doesn't sound like much but hitting single digits is never easy. Stubborn fat is not easy to let go....especially from all the bulking I did in the past. Don't want to focus too much on weight since when I finish I will climb back up by slow bulking. No dirty bulking haha not worth it at all. Would probably aim to add 20-25lbs during the bulk over the year or so. (2lbs each month)...need to get some size back :/ but no rush
    We Win OR We Learn

Someone gets up earlier than me?! haha great job with doing what it takes man. Most people would be sleeping... Hows your DOMS? haha First 2 weeks are always a pain.

Difficult doesn't mean impossible.......
    Doms isn't too bad but I have been taking it a little lighter starting out than I usually do. When I work night shift I stay an hour later at the plant and get home around 9 am but when I work days I prefer to come in an hour earlier. That means getting around 4 am, it sucks and I'll never look forward to it but I did it in the military for years. I have put on about 6 pounds in the last 3 months with just eating right and I also quit smoking cigarettes. Wednesday will be 3 montha cold turkey. I guess I can upload and current pic to help motivate me.

I do have a question about what exercises you guys prefer for front delts and lower pec, having a little difficulty hitting them.

Don't know why my legs look short lol. I'm all of 6'2 and lanky as hell, maybe it was the mirror. That is 161 lbs as of yesterday morning.
    SCCA Crew

Doms isn't too bad but I have been taking it a little lighter starting out than I usually do. When I work night shift I stay an hour later at the plant and get home around 9 am but when I work days I prefer to come in an hour earlier. That means getting around 4 am, it sucks and I'll never look forward to it but I did it in the military for years. I have put on about 6 pounds in the last 3 months with just eating right and I also quit smoking cigarettes. Wednesday will be 3 montha cold turkey. I guess I can upload and current pic to help motivate me.

I do have a question about what exercises you guys prefer for front delts and lower pec, having a little difficulty hitting them.

Don't know why my legs look short lol. I'm all of 6'2 and lanky as hell, maybe it was the mirror. That is 161 lbs as of yesterday morning.

Probably the mirror, you still look solid bro. Great job giving up the cigs, that will help with your performance in the gym.

As for exercises, For "lower pecs" I would say one of the best builders is chest dips, those I noticed help alot. Use to do them alot before, also you can do cable cross overs but make sure you have the pulley at the top. Best front delt exercise I came to doing is overhead press. Man that exercise will bring your shoulders up alotttttttt. I perfer doing the barbell, you can do seated or standing. Standing will help build your core up also.

Chest dips --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_3sNsauCsU

Cable crossovers --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfXObZv7D5c

Overhead press ->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3QY5vMz_6I
    We Win OR We Learn