Page 11 of 171 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TheSpecial1 View Post
    dont get so anal about what you call 'cheat' foods. As long as you work them as much as possible into your daily macros your good to go and you wont suffer so much. its gd to treat yourself just try to plan them more. Hell ive just had a mars ice cream but its all figured into my counts.
    haha didn't count it in, don't know the numbers exactly, but its in the past so why worry myself about it? What's done is done. Do what you must do starting now, ya know? anyway, had a bit more bredding today too, but I aint too worried about it. it was on shrip from the same place (thought it was "naked") and hey, its probably not gonna hurt considering my goal is gaining, not fat loss :P

but thanks bro!
    I thank God for my success.

★★★ Crimson Tide Crew ★★★

Deadlift- start: 405x2 (11/20/12) Goal: 500x1 (8/10/13)
    |415|425|435|450|455|465|475|485|500|
    RESULT:

Parallel Squat- start: 250*1 (11/23/12) Goal: 335*1(8/10/13)
    |260|270|280|290|300|305|315|325|335|
    RESULT:

Touch chest Bench- start: 200x1 (11/24/12) Goal:285x1 (8/10/13)
    |210|220|230|240|245|255|265|275|285|
    RESULT:

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its a 3 week thing then week off then the next phase involves squatting 3 times per week for another 4 weeks. After this im going to drop it down to twice a week. Just ensuring I eat like a horse, living by the phrase 'there is no such thing as overtraining but there is undereating'
    Eh there is a such thing as over training!!! Even if you eat a lot!!! Try doing chest everyday of the week lol

Originally Posted by SaintSam View Post
    Hey just joined the forum and the group. Been Skinny my whole life and quite frankly im sick of it I have tried all the supplements and go to gym reguarly and have seen no results so am looking for genuine help from people who have been where I am and have done it. Look forward to talking to you all.
    Glad to have you aboard, hope you enjoy the thread, join the group also. It basically just has everyone in one spot. All the good info will be posted on here, like updates and such.

whats your goals and stats

Originally Posted by executi0n View Post
    I reckon that's one of the best parts about gaining. Seeing how you did at the end of the week.

I want to work on my (almost non-existant) calves too, but not sure what to do since I'm doing all my stuff at home.

I got up, hopped on the scales (3 times just to make sure), and came out +0.6kg since Sunday. I'm pretty happy with that. I would have love to have seen a new number on the scale with something like a 1.0kg gain, but it will come in time I guess. Who knows, I might make it by Sunday!
    Your right about that one im about to eat now! My calves were actually pretty sore today. Well if thats the case let me help you with that

watch these videos they will help!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORT4oJ_R8Qs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlcBUKBBjnY this one will be great! he sounds annoying but easy calf workout for home!!

NO MIGHT, you WILL couple more days left eattt eat eat eat!
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

IG: BobbyBooSh4y

TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you have to question how much ppl are lifting also, alot of us here are new to working out and i can assure you that - most are not lifting the kind of weight which will severely tax the cns. From reading a lot on these forums you would find it very hard to overtrain, in fact when i posted a question in the exercise forum and other forums 'am i overtraining' they told me that at my current weight and with my current lifting stats the only real reason why id be feeling run down is cuz A)our main problem (we dont eat enough) and b) quality of sleep. This was about 6 months ago. At the mo the legs are very sore but apparently they'll adjust to the increased workload. Alot of the ppl here if they began eating like a horse they could train chest everyday, they wudnt put much mass on cuz of the limited amount of rest, but doubt they would overtrain. Its like people who have physically demanding jobs, they do the same movements all the time but you dont see them crippled. Until the weight being lifted is very very heavy the only way you'll feel symptoms which most would guess as symptoms of overtraining is through not eating enough or having no-where near enough quality sleep.
    You know its time to do something about your body when you are getting bertstared on the regular

its not how much u can lift, its rather how much you look like you can lift.

executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by redmond3 View Post
    Your right about that one im about to eat now! My calves were actually pretty sore today. Well if thats the case let me help you with that

watch these videos they will help!!

-----
    ----- this one will be great! he sounds annoying but easy calf workout for home!!

NO MIGHT, you WILL couple more days left eattt eat eat eat!
    Hahah, it feels like I'm always eating. But it's what it takes, and when you see results, it makes it that much more worth it!

Those videos are perfect, just what I was looking for. Now I just need to incorporate them into my workout, which is good because I've been looking for more things to do anyway.

Like you said, I've got some more eating to do! Nothing more motivating than seeing results.

Good luck to you, and everyone else as well. Look forward to hearing more about how everyone is going.

TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TheSpecial1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you have to question how much ppl are lifting also, alot of us here are new to working out and i can assure you that - most are not lifting the kind of weight which will severely tax the cns. From reading a lot on these forums you would find it very hard to overtrain, in fact when i posted a question in the exercise forum and other forums 'am i overtraining' they told me that at my current weight and with my current lifting stats the only real reason why id be feeling run down is cuz A)our main problem (we dont eat enough) and b) quality of sleep. This was about 6 months ago. At the mo the legs are very sore but apparently they'll adjust to the increased workload. Alot of the ppl here if they began eating like a horse they could train chest everyday, they wudnt put much mass on cuz of the limited amount of rest, but doubt they would overtrain. Its like people who have physically demanding jobs, they do the same movements all the time but you dont see them crippled. Until the weight being lifted is very very heavy the only way you'll feel symptoms which most would guess as symptoms of overtraining is through not eating enough or having no-where near enough quality sleep.
    edit - btw obviously this is only my opinion based on reading these forums closely. You obviously also do not have to share my opinion and just to clarify im not advocating training chest everyday!
    You know its time to do something about your body when you are getting bertstared on the regular

forgot to say 2 u redmond, was checking out your progress you've made enormous gains from the freshman year, quality mate

ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ilovejunkfood has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I got up, hopped on the scales (3 times just to make sure), and came out +0.6kg since Sunday.
    **** yeah thats good to hear. Keep up the good work.

redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) redmond3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    forgot to say 2 u redmond, was checking out your progress you've made enormous gains from the freshman year, quality mate
    oh god! How embarassing! I was 110....ehhhh came along way but the road up ahead is pretty long also thanks! You have came along way also! Glad you decided to do something about being skinny! Much RESPECT

yeah i was just saying, it is possible to overtrain oneself, but i hear whatcha saying buddy
    We Win OR We Learn

Journey of the Skinnies main thread==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131655893

Journey of the Skinnies Group=======>http://groups.bodybuilding.com/the_journey_of_the_skinnies

Hahah, it feels like I'm always eating. But it's what it takes, and when you see results, it makes it that much more worth it!

Those videos are perfect, just what I was looking for. Now I just need to incorporate them into my workout, which is good because I've been looking for more things to do anyway.

Like you said, I've got some more eating to do! Nothing more motivating than seeing results.

Good luck to you, and everyone else as well. Look forward to hearing more about how everyone is going.
    I'm glad the videos work! Working out at home shouldn't limit anyone! You would be surprised whatcha can do at home

good luck!! keep us updated, and feel free to add helpful info!
    We Win OR We Learn

bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Skinny brah checking in
    2008 Fall Starting weight 115lbs
    2011 Current weight 158lbs

executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) executi0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ilovejunkfood View Post
    **** yeah thats good to hear. Keep up the good work.
    Cheers man, hope you're doing well with your ventures too!

I'm glad the videos work! Working out at home shouldn't limit anyone! You would be surprised whatcha can do at home

good luck!! keep us updated, and feel free to add helpful info!
    Will do. I actually look forward to doing it all now. A few months back if anyone said about it to me, I would dismiss it straight away out of pure laziness, but now it's part of my everyday life and I enjoy every second of it!

Yeah. At the moment I've just got a bar (it's a kind of wavy/curvy bar) + 2.3kg (x2) + 1.1kg (x2) weights. So the next thing would be to invest in some more plates/weights and possibly a normal, straight bar (But that's something that can wait as I'm able to do the exercises I need now with what I have)

With the current workout I'm doing (below), would it be better to increase the weight instead of the reps? (I'm guessing weights?)

Workout A
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press (behind neck press atm since I don't have anywhere to do BP)
    1x5 Deadlift
    3x5 Crunches

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Standing military press
    3x5 Pendlay Rows
    3x5 Crunches

I hope to be able to contribute and help people out soon as well once I'm more experienced in it all.

Originally Posted by bluekoolaid View Post
    Skinny brah checking in
    Sounds like you're doing pretty well for yourself. And to someone like me, it's a real motivator when I see people who were fairly small when they started out, and to see how far they've come since then.

Just shows that anything is possible.

[Edit]: Just picked up 2 5kg plates. Will start using those on my bar next week. Can't wait! Just gave them a try out with some of my exercises from above. Man it feels good. I can really feel it now. (Heh, such a lightweight.) Including the bar its somewhere around 15ish kg I reckon. Give or take.
    Last edited by executi0n; 04-15-2011 at 02:35 AM.

BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50) BamaBruce will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    157.8 lbs this mornin, but bf dowwn to about 15%

RESULT:

RESULT:

RESULT:

Cheers man, hope you're doing well with your ventures too!

Will do. I actually look forward to doing it all now. A few months back if anyone said about it to me, I would dismiss it straight away out of pure laziness, but now it's part of my everyday life and I enjoy every second of it!

Yeah. At the moment I've just got a bar (it's a kind of wavy/curvy bar) + 2.3kg (x2) + 1.1kg (x2) weights. So the next thing would be to invest in some more plates/weights and possibly a normal, straight bar (But that's something that can wait as I'm able to do the exercises I need now with what I have)

With the current workout I'm doing (below), would it be better to increase the weight instead of the reps? (I'm guessing weights?)

Workout A
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press (behind neck press atm since I don't have anywhere to do BP)
    1x5 Deadlift
    3x5 Crunches

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Standing military press
    3x5 Pendlay Rows
    3x5 Crunches

I hope to be able to contribute and help people out soon as well once I'm more experienced in it all.

Sounds like you're doing pretty well for yourself. And to someone like me, it's a real motivator when I see people who were fairly small when they started out, and to see how far they've come since then.

Just shows that anything is possible.

[Edit]: Just picked up 2 5kg plates. Will start using those on my bar next week. Can't wait! Just gave them a try out with some of my exercises from above. Man it feels good. I can really feel it now. (Heh, such a lightweight.) Including the bar its somewhere around 15ish kg I reckon. Give or take.

Well it kinda depends on how long you have being doing this program for. If anything def increase the weight and still do the routine above, til you feel your ready to move up from the beginner level. Til then just keep adding weight and stick to the sets, and reps listed above. Well your going to become one of those guys also. Its possible, and you will def add some good muscle mass to that body of yours.

Skinny brah checking in
    Welcome! Wow you have came along way, you should be pretty proud of yourself. Keep up the good work Whats your goals bro? Current routine, and diet?

Originally Posted by BamaBruce View Post
    157.8 lbs this mornin, but bf dowwn to about 15%
    Well i just woke up and i hear this good news! Great job its only friday though still have 2 more days !!!
    We Win OR We Learn

haha thats right! and thanks! No training saturday....out of town for A-day....by the way, if I didnt say, yesterday I did barbell preacher curls, did 4x12 with 50 lbs....only worry is my arms didnt go straight enough so Ill work on that

RESULT:

RESULT:

RESULT:

Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Vertigo145 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great thread here, figured I would post up my 2 cents.

I remember when I started high school - it was freshman year, and I had made my first appearance. I weighed roughly 110 lbs, 5'7". I was surrounded by the football teams who were conditioning, so naturally I felt like twig in a forest. I remember seeing a freshman put up a 135 bench roughly 10 times a warm up. I figured, what the heck, I should be able to do that. I was sadly mistaken and failed to lift that.

I was on and off throughout highschool, starting then quitting, starting then quitting.

I remember telling myself as a senior that I at least wanted to put up a 135lb bench at least once before graduation. By this time I was 5'8" - 118lbs. Once again I failed, graduated, and was terribly discouraged.

I finally got dedicated around 19 years old - started lifting regularly, reading up on things, and making working out a priority. Still being an extreme amatuer, I had a lot to learn.

I am now 23, 5'8" - 153.8 lbs.

I am still constantly learning and enjoying every minute of it.

No matter the body type or size in which you start, the only thing holding you back from getting where you want is yourself.

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    just went and did a personal best on bench press tonight. 155 lb x 3. also did 185 again on dead lift. slacked off on squats tho

NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brian1570 View Post
    just went and did a personal best on bench press tonight. 155 lb x 3. also did 185 again on dead lift. slacked off on squats tho
    Hell yeah bro, good job.

NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NoFive0 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I lost 2 lbs cause my birthday was yesterday so I went binge drinking Wednesday and Thursday night, but getting back to it today.

brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000) brian1570 is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah i'm still at 133. the food at the chow hall has been sucking ass lately. just can't get the appetite i need.

yeah i'm still at 133. the food at the chow hall has been sucking ass lately. just can't get the appetite i need.
    I hear ya, some of the shiit we had in Cuba wasn't even edible. I just put peanut butter on everything i could.

Originally Posted by NoFive0 View Post
    I lost 2 lbs cause my birthday was yesterday so I went binge drinking Wednesday and Thursday night, but getting back to it today.
    You will gain those 2 lbs back, good luck today! Let us know how it goes and what you did!

We all have days that we slack off on, but don't get use to it!!! Just make sure you try to add weight each time! helps break through plateaus I did back the other day, for my power exercise i ovis did deadlift. 4x5 225 tried to add another 25lbs to each side but my legs were shaking LMAO so maybe next week. That was my first deadlift since about 2 weeks or so If you want to increase your bench, make sure your not slacking on your back exercises! This can effect it

Originally Posted by BamaBruce View Post
    haha thats right! and thanks! No training saturday....out of town for A-day....by the way, if I didnt say, yesterday I did barbell preacher curls, did 4x12 with 50 lbs....only worry is my arms didnt go straight enough so Ill work on that
    Thats pretty good, when you finish your program i have one for you to try! it is pretty killer

Originally Posted by Vertigo145 View Post
    Great thread here, figured I would post up my 2 cents.

I remember when I started high school - it was freshman year, and I had made my first appearance. I weighed roughly 110 lbs, 5'7". I was surrounded by the football teams who were conditioning, so naturally I felt like twig in a forest. I remember seeing a freshman put up a 135 bench roughly 10 times a warm up. I figured, what the heck, I should be able to do that. I was sadly mistaken and failed to lift that.

I was on and off throughout highschool, starting then quitting, starting then quitting.

I remember telling myself as a senior that I at least wanted to put up a 135lb bench at least once before graduation. By this time I was 5'8" - 118lbs. Once again I failed, graduated, and was terribly discouraged.

I finally got dedicated around 19 years old - started lifting regularly, reading up on things, and making working out a priority. Still being an extreme amatuer, I had a lot to learn.

I am now 23, 5'8" - 153.8 lbs.

I am still constantly learning and enjoying every minute of it.

No matter the body type or size in which you start, the only thing holding you back from getting where you want is yourself.

thanks for the advice and motivation! Everyone will appreciate it You have packed on some serious mass since then ^___^
    We Win OR We Learn

Arrow

HMMM i believe there are supps that help you increase your appetite bro take a look into it!
    We Win OR We Learn

Exclamation info

Btw if you want to increase your appetite, one thing i learned you could do is go for a short run or a cardio session! Doesn't have to be for along time, but after you finish cardio you usually are pretty hungry, you burn a little, but you are able to eat more!! Always works for me, i found the info on here somewhere ill look for it later
    We Win OR We Learn

HMMM i believe there are supps that help you increase your appetite bro take a look into it!
    yeah i tried black hole. didn't do shiit for me
    Last edited by brian1570; 04-15-2011 at 02:31 PM.

HouseMusic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice thread!

Ive been working out for about 20 months total, had some times when i slacked off but my motivation is back up and ive been eating right recently and seeing results.

I started out at about 145 and am now at 165. My goal is 180 lean so probably going to bulk until 185 and then cut.

Diet mainly consists of:

breakfast:
    homemade pancakes (whole wheat and lots of eggs)
    orange juice
    been supplimenting with 10g of glutamine and creatine daily
    hardboiled eggs
    protein shake (16oz of 2%milk and 2 scoops of whey with chocolate syrup)

lunch
    baked potato+cheddar cheese+broccoli
    chicken and chese quesadilla
    snack on almonds

dinner:
    hamburgers
    salad with grilled chicken, cheese, dressing and veggies
    grilled chicken
    rice
    pasta with chicken, cheese, tomato sauce

i try to mix it up so i dont have too much of the same thing for too long.

Ill eat at fast food or a restaurant occasionally, also have a beer or two a few times a week.

bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bluekoolaid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome! Wow you have came along way, you should be pretty proud of yourself. Keep up the good work Whats your goals bro? Current routine, and diet?

As for goals I want to get my weight up to 170 but at the same time I do not want to have gained an excess of body fat by doing this.

Current routine that has been going well for me is as follows:
    I do Chest/Triceps on Monday, Back/Biceps on Wednesday, Shoulders/Forearms on Friday, and Legs/Abs on Saturday. For each of these workouts I have an A and B workout which I alternate between every week and I am currently doing 5x5 with one set to failure for each exercise. I also only walk for about 4 mins before each workout to warm-up and other than that no cardio really. I also workout by myself so I never have a spotter.

For Diet I try for around 120g of Fats a day, 420g of Carbohydrates a day and 200g of Protein a day, which comes out to 3560 calories per day. I try to limit drinking to once a week but am limited anyway due to how busy I am. Before I added more calories I was basically maintaining my weight at 145-150lbs and not gaining much strength
    Last edited by bluekoolaid; 04-15-2011 at 03:59 PM.

cud b others tho man. one product doesnt work for everyone, have a browse

As for goals I want to get my weight up to 170 but at the same time I do not want to have gained an excess of body fat by doing this.

Current routine that has been going well for me is as follows:
    I do Chest/Triceps on Monday, Back/Biceps on Wednesday, Shoulders/Forearms on Friday, and Legs/Abs on Saturday. For each of these workouts I have an A and B workout which I alternate between every week and I am currently doing 5x5 with one set to failure for each exercise. I also only walk for about 4 mins before each workout to warm-up and other than that no cardio really. I also workout by myself so I never have a spotter.

For Diet I try for around 120g of Fats a day, 420g of Carbohydrates a day and 200g of Protein a day, which comes out to 3560 calories per day. I try to limit drinking to once a week but am limited anyway due to how busy I am. Before I added more calories I was basically maintaining my weight at 145-150lbs and not gaining much strength
    I'm guessing your doing gvt???5X5 workouts tend to be gvt, just wondering. 170 is a great goal to start with but once you hit that soon!! You will have to make another goal Usually when people bulk up and then cut they drop lots of weight maybe 15+ pounds but anywho im sure you will do great. Your macros looks fine to me. Make sure you increase the weight every time! Helps with strength. Might be hard with no spotter though :/

Originally Posted by HouseMusic View Post
    Nice thread!

Ive been working out for about 20 months total, had some times when i slacked off but my motivation is back up and ive been eating right recently and seeing results.

I started out at about 145 and am now at 165. My goal is 180 lean so probably going to bulk until 185 and then cut.

Diet mainly consists of:

breakfast:
    homemade pancakes (whole wheat and lots of eggs)
    orange juice
    been supplimenting with 10g of glutamine and creatine daily
    hardboiled eggs
    protein shake (16oz of 2%milk and 2 scoops of whey with chocolate syrup)

lunch
    baked potato+cheddar cheese+broccoli
    chicken and chese quesadilla
    snack on almonds

dinner:
    hamburgers
    salad with grilled chicken, cheese, dressing and veggies
    grilled chicken
    rice
    pasta with chicken, cheese, tomato sauce

i try to mix it up so i dont have too much of the same thing for too long.

Ill eat at fast food or a restaurant occasionally, also have a beer or two a few times a week.
    the only downfall i see when it comes to this is eating 3 times a day, slows your metabolism down, and not intaking that much protein etc. Maybe try breaking it up a little more so possibly 5-6 meals a day. Congrats on the gains so far though!! ^___^

Black hole has ****ty review bro!! Def check up on reviews for a supp when you decide to use it try the running thing! that works and its free!!!
    We Win OR We Learn

Exclamation

finally got my t-alpha and mass addiction stack from anabolic addiction for free ..

going to create a log, with my dieting, workout program, supplements and more !! all in one!! Most likely will start it come monday should be pretty interesting, wanna show everyone my stats, and they can follow it! MAY 17th I WILL BE 180 , GOING TO PUSH IT HARD
    We Win OR We Learn

rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rrbb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome thread! This is my first post here.

I'm a 25 year old vegetarian. Six feet tall. And today I am 146.5lbs with a BF of 14%. When I started training 7 months ago I weighed around 141lbs. Two years ago I was 135lbs.

Yesterday I deadlifted 180lbs for a 1RM, which was a personal best.

When I started training I was curling a bar with 37lbs on it. Now I'm curling 60lbs.

When I started training I was squatting 60lbs. Now I'm squatting 120lbs.

When I started training I was bench pressing 50lbs. Now I'm benching 110lbs.

When I started training I was shoulder pressing 30lbs (one-arm). Now I'm doing 40lbs.

I know the weight I started off doing is pathetic and even the weight I'm doing now is extremely low but I'm really happy with the small steps and progress I've made in the past 7 months.

I have always been an extremely skinny and moderately tall and putting on a little muscle has done wonders for my self-esteem, confidence, happiness and energy levels.

My goals for the future:

Get to 155lbs BW, 12% BF.
    Squat 5 x 175lbs
    Bench 5 x 150lbs
    Deadlift 3 x 200lbs, 1 x 250lbs
    Curl 5 x 70lbs
    Shoulder Press 5 x 45lbs

Supplements I take:
    Jarrow Formulas Whey Protein (2-3 scoops post workout... 36-54g)
    NOW Dextrose (37g post workout)
    NOW Maltodextrin (37g post workout)

Have just started using Fitday to track my daily caloric intake, and nutrient intake and it is extremely helpful! With it I have been able to figure out what I need to eat more of and what I need to eat less of and it is very helpful and since I started using a week ago I've gained 2.5lbs !

peace!