FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workouts without using your legs

Hi everyone!

I have been dealing with torn tendons since the end of November when I was running my daily 6-10 miles. Surgeon wants to try to avoid surgery. I also have a cyst on the tendon of one leg that is large and thought to be part of the pain. I'm frustrated and want to lose the weight I gained during this time off.

I'm up for ideas and routines. DON'T take it easy on me, but I can't use my legs (surgeon's orders). Before my injury I would run, lift, work from my insanity program, and complete my day with yoga everyday. (I have my own weights...high pully, chin up bar, incline, decline bench, barbell and lots of weights)

Unless work had me working late. I was burning so much...I didn't count calories. Well my appetite has not changed and I have a belly now. With clothes on it is not noticeable, but I notice. Please help!

everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50) everphilski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FitTechie View Post
    I'm frustrated and want to lose the weight I gained during this time off.
    First, getting your diet in check will to more for you than lifting weights. Without an appropriate diet all the lifting in the world will not help you.

Second, you must realize you will not burn nearly as many calories lifting when you neglect your largest muscles - your calves, thighs and glutes. But that's something you have to live with, doctor's orders.

Can you do core work? Flexing glutes OK? I'd suggest 1-2 arm motions (seated OHP, bench press) and then some core work (seated plate raises, ??? not sure a lot of core work involves legs as stabilizers). Maybe you could take this time to focus on dumbbell lifts one arm at a time to work on core stabilization.

Good luck,

-philip
    I LIFT THINGS UP AND PUT THEM DOWN! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-cpojkILO0

FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you!

If I don't feel the pull I don't see why I can't do ABs. I will have to put my diet in check. So hard since I haven't had to. I love to workout so calories was not an issue, but I did have to consume a lot of water. I will start my calories at 1800. I will see if I stay the same or gain..(.I'm guessing gain at this point will mean fat. It meant muscle before.) If I stay the same or gain I know to take away calories. I will do upper body for now.

How can I safely get cardio in? Any ideas?

Originally Posted by everphilski View Post
    First, getting your diet in check will to more for you than lifting weights. Without an appropriate diet all the lifting in the world will not help you.

Second, you must realize you will not burn nearly as many calories lifting when you neglect your largest muscles - your calves, thighs and glutes. But that's something you have to live with, doctor's orders.

Can you do core work? Flexing glutes OK? I'd suggest 1-2 arm motions (seated OHP, bench press) and then some core work (seated plate raises, ??? not sure a lot of core work involves legs as stabilizers). Maybe you could take this time to focus on dumbbell lifts one arm at a time to work on core stabilization.

Good luck,

-philip