Thread: My chest night

deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My chest night

I have been hitting the gym for a while now. I am 6'3" 31 yom. I started keeping track of my exercises last month. When I started at the end of last summer I weighed in around 218lb-220lbs. As of this past sat I am at 192lb. I still have a little pudge in the gut and working on trimming down my chest. I am taking a protien supplement after my workouts, multivitamin twice a day, fish oil, and have started taking a pre workout supplement over the last two weeks or so. I am not overly concerned about impressing anyone with my bench press, I am not exactly overly strong but I am starting to get there. My curl weights have really gone up since starting, and my pull ups are really starting to increase. When i started keeping track on 1-17-11 my chest night looked like this
    flat bench 5 sets of 10, 2@95lbs 3@115lbs
    Decline bench smitch machine,5 sets of 10, 5 @ 90lbs
    Incline bench smith machine 5 sets of 10, 3 @ 70lbs 2 @ 80lbs
    EZ curls 5 sets of 10, 30lbs +bar weight
    Pec fly machine 5 sets of 10, 3 @130lbs, 2 140lbs
    Dip assist machine 4 sets of 10 @ 55lbs assist
    I throw in decline crunches inbetween some of these sets to break it up and give me a little rest then hit the treadmill for 2.5miles.
    This is my chest night now, on 02-05-11, I have changed a few things around
    Hip abductions 5-15 (warm up)
    flat bench 5 sets of 10, first set of 10 @ 75lbs, 5 sets of 10 @ 115lbs
    Incline bench smith machine, 5 sets of 10, 3 @ 90lbs, 2 @ 70lbs
    Decline bench smith machine, 5 sets of 10, 3 @ 100lbs, 2 @ 90lbs
    Pec ply machine 5 sets of 10 @ 130lbs
    Dip assist machine, 5 sets of 10 @ 55lbs assist
    Still throw in some decline crunches and hit my treadmill for 2.5 miles at the end. Am I making decent improvement on my bench? I moved my ez curl standing curls to my bicept night( I have switched my routines around trying to focus on two muscles a night) Should I cut down the amount of sets and reps to lower numbers and try to increase the weight? I am still trying to cut my weight down as well as build some muscle and understand things take time, not trying to rush it, I didnt get fat over night and dont expect to to get fit overnight.
    Last edited by deerslayer45; 02-09-2011 at 04:30 AM. Reason: wrong treadmill length

deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10) deerslayer45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nobody? Ok thankyou!

Frosty23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frosty23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have made decent progress on all of the exercises in 2 weeks or so, so what you have done has worked. But, the longer you do it for, the slower the gains will get, so mix things up. Mix up the exercises, the number of reps, whether you do the same number of reps each set.

i.e. I split my routines up - for a couple of weeks i'll do everything circa 12 reps, then everything circa 6 reps, then i'll do 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, then back upto everything 8 reps after a few weeks. This constantly shocks your body because its keeping things fresh.

Basically if you eat right, as long as you come out of the gym with the bodyparts you have worked tired and don't retrain that same bodypart until it has recovered then you are onto a winner. But definately try mixing the reps up.

Originally Posted by Frosty23 View Post
    You have made decent progress on all of the exercises in 2 weeks or so, so what you have done has worked. But, the longer you do it for, the slower the gains will get, so mix things up. Mix up the exercises, the number of reps, whether you do the same number of reps each set.

i.e. I split my routines up - for a couple of weeks i'll do everything circa 12 reps, then everything circa 6 reps, then i'll do 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, then back upto everything 8 reps after a few weeks. This constantly shocks your body because its keeping things fresh.

Basically if you eat right, as long as you come out of the gym with the bodyparts you have worked tired and don't retrain that same bodypart until it has recovered then you are onto a winner. But definately try mixing the reps up.
    Thanks! my reps and weight have gone up slightly since I have been hitting the gym on a regular basis, only thing that concerns me is most times my chest is not really sore at the end of my chest night like the rest of my body on other nights, but I think that has a lot to do with my lack of strength overall. I have, changed my diet, and def. feel better than last year. After this week maybe I will try bumping up the weight on my bench and shortning the reps to say 6-8