Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Banned from Planet fitness for not obeying their lame "circuit training rules"

So the planet fitness I go to banned me, called the cops, and canceled my membership because I was non-compliant with their stupid "program". What a bunch of walking hard-ons.

I have been going to the planet fitness by me since it has opened up about 2 years ago. I wanted to do preacher curls, the only cable preacher curl machine is in their stupid circuit. There was nobody really in the circuit, so i decided to go for it. The one worker of the gym decided to lecture me about how it was for "circuit training only, so I had better be doing the circuit". I was like "yeah sure buddy" (keep in mind this has never been an issue the 2 years I have been going there. to make a long story short he tells me to leave the circuit, and I tell him "no thanks", I pay the same amount of money as everyone else here, and I can workout however I please.

to make a long story short, this douchebag keeps saying to get off the machine, despite the fact that NOBODY is even on the circuit at all... I made it clear to him I wasn't trying to dis-respect, but I don't see why I can't just use the only preacher curl machine in the entire gym. So I turn my music on, and finish my entire workout.. I even get in one extra set because this has me so pumped at this point.

On my way out he has my cancellation form all filled out, so I say have a nice day (contemplating taking the free pizza and smashing a pie against the window)...but to my surprise am greeted by 2 cop cars outside in the parking lot, then another 2 cop cars roll up (total of 4 cop cars for those mathletes). Would anyone else be pissed or what or was I that out of line?

Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koaia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Planet Fitness is a joke of a gym. While their rules are silly, you did violate them so they were justified in trying to dissuade you from violating them again. However, I think they went to far by canceling your membership, and way too far by calling the police. The people there must be very timid to call the cops and ban you from the gym for doing curls in the circuit. I wish they would enforce these kinds of punishments on people who do butt check raises in the squat rack and toe curls on the bench.

chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chillenword is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Koaia View Post
    Planet Fitness is a joke of a gym. While their rules are silly, you did violate them so they were justified in trying to dissuade you from violating them again. However, I think they went to far by canceling your membership, and way too far by calling the police. The people there must be very timid to call the cops and ban you from the gym for doing curls in the circuit. I wish they would enforce these kinds of punishments on people who do butt check raises in the squat rack and toe curls on the bench.

lol good vid. Yeah, maybe it is the push I needed to join a real gym.

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The problem with joining a gym is that you have to play by their rules. You weren't willing to do that, so they justifiably kicked you out.

Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000) Roofus_the_bum is just really nice. (+1000)
    what the cops say?
    I rep back

***Canadian Crew***

zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zephed56 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you that guy on youtube who throws a dumbell into the mirror?

lol @ calling the cops, there must be more to the story we are not getting from your side.

Either way, it's a ****ty "gym". Find a better one. Post your location, maybe someone can help you out.

Super Saiyan Genetics genetics 83's Avatar
    genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) genetics 83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ██ █ ★ █ ██ CVC ██ █ ★ █ ██
    US Army '04-07 OIF III
    Saiyan Crew
    F-Body Crew
    Texas Crew
    Over 30 crew

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You've been going to the place for two years, and you haven't figured out it is not a gym?

And you expect our sympathy?

When are you going to join a gym?
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roobaix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by genetics83 View Post
    This.

I'm thinking you're leaving out some of the story. They wouldn't just call the cops because they are canceling your membership unless they thought you were going to flip out.
    ******official misc photography crew ******

The only way to go is up! lajeunesse88's Avatar
    lajeunesse88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lajeunesse88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol if you're around the same size as the guy in the vid doing curls and i was a little scrawny gym employee i'd probably call the cops too...actually i'd probably just go back to my little desk and let u finish. Either way thats a little extreme...

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I will never workout at a gym that makes fun of and rejects people who want to work really hard. Their gym is for pansy's who are afraid of being around "tough, mean guys" who might make them feel insignificant. And that's coming from a guy who weighed 165 at 25yo, and my max bench ever has been 225. The only thing that might come from working out with a bunch of guys who are incredibly more well built than I am is that I might learn something.

Well, there might be some hot chicks there.

I'm known by other names IamJonsCranium's Avatar
    IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IamJonsCranium is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Koaia View Post
    Hey man, give me a break. My pants keep falling down and I've got to do something to keep them up.

The only way to go is up! lajeunesse88's Avatar
    lajeunesse88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lajeunesse88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn! i cant post the vid until i have at least 30 posts...theres a hilarious youtube vid of a news report about a guy who got banned from planet fitless for grunting before doing a 500lb squat. Or another vid of some dude losing it for getting kicked out after he dropped his dumbells.

FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitTechie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't feel bad! Yes....that's all he had to freaking do to have the cops called. Listen ...I was a cop (until I got a better job) and we got called for the most silly @ss ****.

I've also worked out @ planet fitness after getting a job as a computer nerd working third shift (@ that time). They were GREAT until the rules came and they said I was bodybuilding because I was getting a nice six pack. I had to wear baggy clothes. I then got my own weights and only went for the treadmill on bad weather. Then I got a treadmill and said good bye to the silly @as **** about being in too good of shape, no making noise, dress in certain clothes, and a bunch of other crap.

BUT I must admit...I'm a girl who had a great toned body, but the girls who were skinny with no muscle were pushed out to do to the miss treatment of the girlfriend of the owner.

Can u say jealousy? ...poor girls. They just wanted to b healthy. They shouldn't b treated bad for looking cute.

I hate that place and recommend the y. Unless u r a young female working out alone. Old men will not leave u alone even if u have ur music on.

cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cozoner has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Why'd you join that **** hole in the first place.....its not a real gym its a cardio house. Complete bull****..went to my first one today as a guest. I walked in and was like where the **** am i? Where can I squat? Wait where are the barbells. I almost cried then I literally went to the front desk and said "I want to pick things up and put them down" and left

I don't even lift crazy weight or anything but that place.blows Nysc all the way

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cozoner View Post
    Why'd you join that **** hole in the first place.....its not a real gym its a cardio house. Complete bull****..went to my first one today as a guest. I walked in and was like where the **** am i? Where can I squat? Wait where are the barbells. I almost cried then I literally went to the front desk and said "I want to pick things up and put them down" and left

I don't even lift crazy weight or anything but that place.blows Nysc all the way
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sledge101 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow yea planet fitness sucks...they should be looking out for people doing curls in the squat rack or leg raises on the flat bench.

massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) massivegiraffe1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    planet ***gots with cardio machines

EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) EmeraldArcher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One of those opened up in town and I did a tour. Everyone there was a rude idiot that just glared at you and the personal trainer was this skinny brickhead that talked really slow.

I would have to stare him in the face when he talked and hold my laughter because it was like being in slow motion.

He also claimed they don't do the "Lunk Alarm" because they don't want any "old people killing over on the cardio equipment when it goes off". He said this seriously, not sarcastically.

The moment he mentioned that 'pizza night' thing, I knew this place was nuts. Who the hell would do intense cardio with a stomach full of greasy pizza? That's just a disaster I don't need to be a part of. I guess the truth is that there is no actual exercising being done there.

I see a lot of "planet fitness" t-shirts around town. The people wearing them at restaurants are always hogging down deserts and fried foods. I think they may not be understanding how 'fitness goals' work.

Unfortunately, the place is pretty popular here. I have a membership at Anytime Fitness and I like that place a lot. The guys running it are pretty cool and its only crowded when college football starts up.

Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Hisairness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Planet Fitness is the worst ****ing gym. I went to New York for a week to visit family and I got a membership there for a week because it was close to their loft. No sandals policy? da fuk brah? I love to train in athletic sandals. No Barbells and you can't deadlift? I made me some gainz.. not srs
    I rep back

sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

mma

To all you muscle freaks that can't wipe your own ass, lifting heavy don't mean **** if you can't reach your toes!

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sixbudz View Post
    To all you muscle freaks that can't wipe your own ass, lifting heavy don't mean **** if you can't reach your toes!
    Thanks for bringing up an older thread that's from August 2012.

And nice first post, and nice first impression, and no one gives two ****s about your opinion. This is a bodybuilder website, so lifting heavy is essential, and who the **** wants to touch my toes? They're nasty and smelly as ****.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10) toplads is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    strong firstpost/10

sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sixbudz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Must have sent that reply from the tanning booth..............

CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CamLeslie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Must have sent that reply from the tanning booth..............
    Did you search for planetfitness to bump this or what?
    First, Revolution
    Then, Resolution
    Finally, Evolution

SQ [450x1] BP [285x1] DL [500x1] all @ 230 Raw, Drug Free

???????

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Thanks for bringing up an older thread that's from August 2012.

And nice first post, and nice first impression, and no one gives two ****s about your opinion. This is a bodybuilder website, so lifting heavy is essential, and who the **** wants to touch my toes? They're nasty and smelly as ****.
    ^This ..... LOL Rep given
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

Lookin at the ages on the profiles, good luck. I hope you all become Lou Ferigno. I work at a state prison where the only thing inmates have to do is work out. Just saying that I've seen more bodybuilders walk around like billy bad ass and get their asses kicked by joe schmo. Everyone makes fun of planetfitness but cardio wins the battle every time. I've been a gym rat for about 20 years off and on. Used to do the powerlifting thing and now everything pops and cracks in the mornin so just keep that in the back of your heads. Now an mma fighter, do a lot of cardio on all those "silly" machines and in the best shape of my life.When push comes to shove, I know I wont be gassed after throwing hands and wrestlin with an inmate after 30 seconds. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I work as a corporate banker. I don't need cardio in order to be in shape. I just want aesthetics for the very short summer I have year by year where I live.

Everyone has different goals. If your goal is to touch your toes successfully, I won't judge. But every has different goals and different ways to achieve it.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

The goal isn't to touch your toes, just an example.