buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000)

Squats and Deadlifts after R. Inguinal Hernia

Hey all, I had surgery for a right inguinal hernia about a year and a half ago and I'm curious if anyone has had the same experience, or has any recommendations for me. The hernia was congenital. Since then I've tried to build my squat and deadlift back up, and while I love them both, I'm literally afraid for my groin whenever I do them. I usually get a bit of tenderness in the area where my hernia was repaired after every leg/back day because of squats and deadlifts, and was wondering if anyone has dealt with this/ what are they doing instead?

I really don't want to give up squats and deadlifts, but the tender feeling after every session just gets me worried to hell that I'm going to have the thing plop open someday (and I sure as hell don't want to spend another 4 months recovering not being able to go to the gym).

Honestly at the gym I go to (I live in Germany), squats, leg curls, and extensions are really what are available. I have the same problem with soreness on Leg Press that I do with Squats. I'm also wondering if going for a very high rep squat count with lighter weight would lessen the tenderness at all because it would put less pressure on the groin region. Also, I'm thinking about trying to stay a bit above parallel to take pressure off the groin and keep it on my quads. As I understand it its the scar tissue that isn't as elastic as the normal muscle was that causes the pain.

As for deadlifts, I'm at a loss as to what to do about those. I really don't want to give them up.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by buyerofmtg; 02-07-2011 at 06:30 PM.

SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got the same injury right now I have not had surgery I have actually put it off... I had a small tear in the lower right area that let some fluid leak into my testicale on the right side.. its been about 5 weeks since the injury and they still wanna do surgery but I have been working out and actually went back to light squatting this week.. I have a slight burning sensation from time to time but it's nothing I cant deal with.. But since I have not had the surgery I cant give you much advice.. I hear alot of stories thought that some people are worse off afterthe surgery then before and that has scared me away from it myself..

buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000) buyerofmtg is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn sucks bro, well I'm definitely glad I got the surgery. I like everything being back to normal and not feeling like I have a third testicle hanging out. During every other exercise it's totally fine, it's just the damn deads and squats that trouble me. Most doctors don't know sh*t about lifting either (every time I asked my doc or nurse, they would give me the standard textbook answer about lifting - just don't lift at all!) so unfortunately they aren't a great source of information. At least they weren't for me.

SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000) SamDowdy is just really nice. (+1000)
    The squats do worry me somewhat because thats what caused me to tear mine to being with... I do front squats too now because that doesnt require me to go as heavy as I normally would on regular squats... But I dont ever see myself going heavy on squats for a long time if ever again.. I do wear a hernia support brace during my workouts though and that seems to help.. The doctors told me the same thing about lifting that I shouldnt lift moderate to heavy weight anymore.. How long did you have to go without lifting after your surgery?? I will eventually probably have to have the surgery I just dont wanna have to be out of the gym for months ya know..

BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000) BEhave is just really nice. (+1000)
    i assume your groin still hurts. Go into and get an active release massage focused on your glutes, all three parts. This really loosened me up. Im thinking i might actgually have this since i have a pain there from over a year ago that hasnt gone away. Only hurts when i flex at the right side of my groin and thats really leaning into my groin. I literally just loosened up y glutes and can now squat with no pain. If you are going to deadlift and squat, do tons of stretching, before and after workouts even on off days. Foam rolling and using a tennis ball to loosen up your glutes and hamstrings before your workouts and after helps. Loosening up your lats and it band will help too

im just mentioning anything that might effect the hip. You should be looking at what may have cdaused the injury and how to prevent it from happening again. Ice after your workouts should ease any tenderness. You can also see a physiotherapist and discuss where you will go from here