Closed Thread
Page 49 of 333 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 9990
    Training for an iron butt Icepray's Avatar
    Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
    Who said you have to squeeze it into one meal? Many of us take IF'ing to a light extreme and enjoy having a single large meal, however many people approach fasting by a more standard approach of having several smaller meals during their 8 hour window.

People often make IFing out to be this beast where you starve yourself for hours upon hours and then bask in gluttony (which sadly is true for some of us). For most, if you really look at it, the whole 16/8 window starting at noon is basically just skipping breakfast.

If you dont want to eat a 2k meal...dont! Break it up into several meals over your feeding window, and if you want to follow Martin's leangains style (which is only a variation of IFing btw) have your first meal be your largest.
    I know I usually have around 4 or so

but still I get hungry fast but fill up quick too... and it actually is more annoying to eat many meals in 8 hours than through out the whole day

I'm going to do it about a month and see if I get better results if not oh well, it's better to go for something I'm comfortable with

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Icepray, find a diet that suits your lifestyle. Don't change your lifestyle to suit a diet.

Real talk.

If you prefer eating several small meals a day, and it helps with diet adherence, then by all means eat those several small meals. Most people ITT do not achieve satiety with small meals nor are they sitting around twiddling their thumbs thinking about foods during the fast and so the fast goes by unnoticed for the most part. IF is just a tool, don't use a hammer when a screwdriver is appropriate.

Originally Posted by Xhale12 View Post
    I had a few questions because this method of eating would fit my lifestyle perfectly.

How is consuming gregarious amounts of food in one sitting not harmful to the digestive system?
    1) Who said anything about eating until your stomach ruptures? Or eating to the point of discomfort for that matter?

How do you feel when IF'ing? Are your energy levels normal?
    2) My energy levels are dramatically improved. I recently started training fasted as well and my strength did take a slight jump (moreso that I think can be attributed to linear gains). Honestly though at times when I'm reeeally bored it's easy to start thinking about food but realize mental-induced hunger != actual hunger. Drink some water and do something instead of sitting around instead of lazing about.

What do you like about it the most?
    3) I like being able to be full. Followed by being not hungry. Followed by being full. Rinse repeat. (Notice the lack of hungry periods).

What is the benefit of IF'ing?
    4) Too many "theoretical" benefits to count, but really the benefit is diet adherence and increased productivity. It's a lifestyle choice not really a "diet".

Disclaimer: My fast is typically 18-20hours, usually 20.
    Last edited by coals; 03-14-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Once more into the fray.. IrishPilot's Avatar
    IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Icepray View Post

but still I get hungry fast but fill up quick too... and it actually is more annoying to eat many meals in 8 hours than through out the whole day

I'm going to do it about a month and see if I get better results if not oh well, it's better to go for something I'm comfortable with
    Its only a method/approach. If you enjoy a full day of meals, stick with what you know.

Just for sake of conversation, what I like about IFing is being able to have larger meals while Im cutting weight. I was never much one to get hungry early in the day (even though Im a breakfast foods freak) so it was convenient for me to learn that not only would my training/nutrition NOT be impaired by not eating later in the day, but that I would also have a larger pool of calories to have access to for meals. I have found that on most days, having 2 or 3 large meals late in the day (sometimes even just one monster meal) is much more satisfying than multiple 2-300 calorie meals spread throughout the day.

If I keep busy during the day, I really dont get hungry when IFing. Before when I would start eating small meals from morning till dinner it didnt matter how busy I was, I ALWAYS felt hungry and was always thinking about when my next meal was. Im not sure what I will think of IFing when I go back to trying to put on weight, but for cutting its been perfect...for ME.
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Icepray is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its only a method/approach. If you enjoy a full day of meals, stick with what you know.

Just for sake of conversation, what I like about IFing is being able to have larger meals while Im cutting weight. I was never much one to get hungry early in the day (even though Im a breakfast foods freak) so it was convenient for me to learn that not only would my training/nutrition NOT be impaired by not eating later in the day, but that I would also have a larger pool of calories to have access to for meals. I have found that on most days, having 2 or 3 large meals late in the day (sometimes even just one monster meal) is much more satisfying than multiple 2-300 calorie meals spread throughout the day.

If I keep busy during the day, I really dont get hungry when IFing. Before when I would start eating small meals from morning till dinner it didnt matter how busy I was, I ALWAYS felt hungry and was always thinking about when my next meal was. Im not sure what I will think of IFing when I go back to trying to put on weight, but for cutting its been perfect...for ME.
    I get that, with IF i never am really brooding about food during the fast, but once my eating window opens, I eat my meals and near the end I realise... damn that wasn't enough calories so then I think I should eat now, etc... It isn't really working and when I'm up during the night clubbing or something I'm in the fasting period so I can't eat a Panini at 3am :P

It's true with 5-6meals a day I ended up spending quite a bit of time thinking "mmmh what should I eat in next" but it was fun for me in a way, just annoying when I can't eat but I worked around it catching up my calories with the next meal or adding a meal in the night

The reason I tried IF'ing wasn't "Oh that's going to be perfect for me" but more "seems interesting, lots of positive feedback on it, why not" Sure not cooking as much has made my life easier, especially for fasted morning runs or not cleaning up my kitchen as much.

I'm sort of disapointed it didn't work out with me, but it was just a means to an end, one of many... Not everything can work for me

(Oh and another thing that made me want to do IF, is that during my 1 month bulk, I gained 1cm around my arms, 2cm around my chest, 2cm around my legs but 2 around my stomach... so I heard IF'ing would keep me from gaining around my waist)

Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Shazriki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I change my meal frequency according to my needs. On training days, where I take in just under 3k cals now, I agree it would be difficult to hit the necessary calories and macros in just one meal (for me). So instead I have 4. On rest days where I need fewer calories and to save myself the hassle of worrying about food I just have 2 large meals and perhaps a dessert after the second one. It's that easy.

Somewhat related to this topic, does anyone find that IF'ing has given them full control of their appetite even after the fast is broken? I'm talking about basically switching off the hunger impulse until it's next convenient to eat. Whether I decide to eat 2, 3 or 4 meals in a day seems to have no effect on how hungry I am throughout the day, which is strange considering Martin talks about hormonal entrainment of mealtimes. It seems that, for me at least, my hormones have been entrained to whatever meal pattern I decide is convenient for that day.

J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000) J.Thomas is a name known to all. (+5000)
    easiest way to get calories is calorie dense foods... i.e:nuts, peanut butter, oils...

dont have to eat a high volume of food.. just have to be high in cals.
    instagram.com/dthomj

Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dorfius is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy

I find it frustrating when people complain they can't eat enough, I wish it was the same for me.

Originally Posted by Dorfius View Post
    I find it frustrating when people complain they can't eat enough, I wish it was the same for me.
    The grass is always greener on the other side... basically both side come with their fair share of crap...

I gain weight easily, people say that's good but I disagree

msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm the same! I could easily kill 5k calories in 8 hours and not even think twice about it. I guess I'm just a fat kid at heart.

FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FitDad327 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Shazriki View Post

Somewhat related to this topic, does anyone find that IF'ing has given them full control of their appetite even after the fast is broken? I'm talking about basically switching off the hunger impulse until it's next convenient to eat..
    Totally. I just came to that conclusion yesterday. At first it was hard to stop once I had begun,but now I have no problem just waiting. I think it's because I can look forward to another big meal.

Once more into the fray.. IrishPilot's Avatar
    IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IrishPilot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by msmartsmart View Post
    I'm the same! I could easily kill 5k calories in 8 hours and not even think twice about it. I guess I'm just a fat kid at heart.
    Agreed...same.
    Team Never Full
    Craft Beer Crew

sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get that, with IF i never am really brooding about food during the fast, but once my eating window opens, I eat my meals and near the end I realise... damn that wasn't enough calories so then I think I should eat now, etc... It isn't really working and when I'm up during the night clubbing or something I'm in the fasting period so I can't eat a Panini at 3am :P

It's true with 5-6meals a day I ended up spending quite a bit of time thinking "mmmh what should I eat in next" but it was fun for me in a way, just annoying when I can't eat but I worked around it catching up my calories with the next meal or adding a meal in the night

The reason I tried IF'ing wasn't "Oh that's going to be perfect for me" but more "seems interesting, lots of positive feedback on it, why not" Sure not cooking as much has made my life easier, especially for fasted morning runs or not cleaning up my kitchen as much.

I'm sort of disapointed it didn't work out with me, but it was just a means to an end, one of many... Not everything can work for me

(Oh and another thing that made me want to do IF, is that during my 1 month bulk, I gained 1cm around my arms, 2cm around my chest, 2cm around my legs but 2 around my stomach... so I heard IF'ing would keep me from gaining around my waist)
    First time I tried IF, I didn't like it. I jumped in too fast and couldn't get used to lifting fasted.

I tried it again, but eased into it. I just replaced breakfast with a cup of coffee, and added another 500 or so calories to dinner. I don't lift fasted (though if you go w/a lower volume program, lifting fasted is a breeze). It's been going pretty well... very easy to manage (~2 cooked meals/day), just more convenient. Should make cutting a lot easier too.

I used to eat like a rabbit too... I remember eating 3-4x during an 8hr work shift, w/a split lunch. It was a waste. Now I have one big lunch, and either a shake or a late afternoon snack, and either a slab of meat or a feast depending on if it's an on or off day. So much easier, and easier to manage a high protein diet. It's def not some overnight revelatory experience, but it's a time saver for sure. That's the best part of it for me
    Intensity, Recovery, Nutrition, Sleep- the only things that matter.

acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10) acj4k is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agreed...same.
    yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah buddy. That be me as well.

Team Fat Kid 4 life!

blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000) blacksmith77 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by blacksmith77 View Post
    Martin says shortening the feeding window isn't optimal, is there any reason for this?
    Bump

Originally Posted by sportyaccordy View Post
    First time I tried IF, I didn't like it. I jumped in too fast and couldn't get used to lifting fasted.

I tried it again, but eased into it. I just replaced breakfast with a cup of coffee, and added another 500 or so calories to dinner. I don't lift fasted (though if you go w/a lower volume program, lifting fasted is a breeze). It's been going pretty well... very easy to manage (~2 cooked meals/day), just more convenient. Should make cutting a lot easier too.

I used to eat like a rabbit too... I remember eating 3-4x during an 8hr work shift, w/a split lunch. It was a waste. Now I have one big lunch, and either a shake or a late afternoon snack, and either a slab of meat or a feast depending on if it's an on or off day. So much easier, and easier to manage a high protein diet. It's def not some overnight revelatory experience, but it's a time saver for sure. That's the best part of it for me
    I have no trouble lifting fasted, hasn't changed much I just have a small whey shake with water before heading out.

my biggest trouble is just my 8hour eating window... I can't seem to get even 3000calories done in it, and so I have to eat till I feel like **** :S

I just like eating less but many times, not 2 huge meals in 1 day... I feel like i'm missing out =(
    (I know I can have as many meals as I want but in 8 hours I can usually just have 2 snacks 2 meals in that given time... like today I hate pasta, tuna fish, spinach then a whey shake with a banana and oats in it -> porc fajitas and going to finish with a fruit bowl and cottage cheese sounds fine but I'm bulking and I have no trouble getting 3000+calories when I get to eat 6times a day)

I like IF I feel good, except when I hit my calories for my bulk I'm bloated and ate too much in the 8hour window

dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Feedback On Progress Please?

Hi All,

I was hoping I could get some feedback on my progress with IF so far.

I’ve been on IF for about a month and a half or so after completing a cut for several months. Over the course of my cut I lost 20lbs and dropped my body fat from 16% to 9%. Since then I’ve upped my cals significantly to put some size back on. I currently eat 20% below a 2800 cal maintenance diet (2200 cals) on off-days and 20% above maintenance on training days (about 3300 cals).

I feel I’m making good gains but after getting my body fat measured again today I was surprised to see that I had gained more fat than I thought I would. As of Jan 31st I was at 9.13%, lean weight was 148lbs, fat weight was 14.8lbs, total weight was 163. Today I’m at 9.98% bodyfat, lean weight is 152lbs, fat weight is 16.8 and total bodyweight is 169lbs.

I expect to gain a little fat with some muscle but I guess I just figured it would be a lot less with carb/cal cycling and IF. Perhaps my calorie & macro counting is off a bit? My work schedule has been hectic so I haven’t been able to get as much cardio in as I normally do. I’m also taking creatine so perhaps some of this is due to water retention?

Any insights one might have would be helpful, thanks!

msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50) msmartsmart will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dcarterc View Post
    Hi All,

I was hoping I could get some feedback on my progress with IF so far.

I’ve been on IF for about a month and a half or so after completing a cut for several months. Over the course of my cut I lost 20lbs and dropped my body fat from 16% to 9%. Since then I’ve upped my cals significantly to put some size back on. I currently eat 20% below a 2800 cal maintenance diet (2200 cals) on off-days and 20% above maintenance on training days (about 3300 cals).

I feel I’m making good gains but after getting my body fat measured again today I was surprised to see that I had gained more fat than I thought I would. As of Jan 31st I was at 9.13%, lean weight was 148lbs, fat weight was 14.8lbs, total weight was 163. Today I’m at 9.98% bodyfat, lean weight is 152lbs, fat weight is 16.8 and total bodyweight is 169lbs.

I expect to gain a little fat with some muscle but I guess I just figured it would be a lot less with carb/cal cycling and IF. Perhaps my calorie & macro counting is off a bit? My work schedule has been hectic so I haven’t been able to get as much cardio in as I normally do. I’m also taking creatine so perhaps some of this is due to water retention?

Any insights one might have would be helpful, thanks!
    You gained 4 lbs of lean body mass, while only putting on 2 lbs. of fat. Sounds like you're doing it right to me!

dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dcarterc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by msmartsmart View Post
    You gained 4 lbs of lean body mass, while only putting on 2 lbs. of fat. Sounds like you're doing it right to me!
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of fat gain relative to muscle gain... meaning if gaining 2lbs of fat was a lot relative to gaining 4lbs of lean mass. I eat very clean & don't have the urges to cheat a whole lot esp with eating such large meals on IF.

I guess the whole premise around IF is 'lean gains' I just wasnt sure how one would really define 'lean' gains. Like, you can expect to gain X amount of fat per X lbs of lean muscle.

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    4 lbs of lean muscle is..awesome in that short period of time.

if the fat gain worries you, u can always take the caloric surplus down a notch on ur training days

Originally Posted by .aeterna View Post
    4 lbs of lean muscle is..awesome in that short period of time.

if the fat gain worries you, u can always take the caloric surplus down a notch on ur training days
    Thanks for the suggestion, maybe I'll just do two days in a surplus as opposed to 3 like I've been doing.

benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000) benwin21 is just really nice. (+1000)
    OH SNAP.
    Brb starting doing weighted chins.

any ideas how to incorporate them in my back-bi workout?
    pullups
    bent over
    lat pulldown
    cable row
    bi exercises.

should i add it in the beginning or at the end when i do biceps?
    ~SCC Crew~
    2014 goals:
    -visit usa
    -get ripped
    -lose virginity
    -get rid of all of my health problems
    -handstand for 30 seconds no wall

IRepBack

-*In Memory of Guy Boyland a Warrior,Friend and a Brother whose life cut short by Hammas - R.I.P*-

Location: Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000) chriskav is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by benwin21 View Post
    OH SNAP.
    Brb starting doing weighted chins.

any ideas how to incorporate them in my back-bi workout?
    pullups
    bent over
    lat pulldown
    cable row
    bi exercises.

should i add it in the beginning or at the end when i do biceps?
    Weighted chins, deadlifts, rows, Job done.

docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have no trouble lifting fasted, hasn't changed much I just have a small whey shake with water before heading out.

my biggest trouble is just my 8hour eating window... I can't seem to get even 3000calories done in it, and so I have to eat till I feel like **** :S

I just like eating less but many times, not 2 huge meals in 1 day... I feel like i'm missing out =(
    (I know I can have as many meals as I want but in 8 hours I can usually just have 2 snacks 2 meals in that given time... like today I hate pasta, tuna fish, spinach then a whey shake with a banana and oats in it -> porc fajitas and going to finish with a fruit bowl and cottage cheese sounds fine but I'm bulking and I have no trouble getting 3000+calories when I get to eat 6times a day)

I like IF I feel good, except when I hit my calories for my bulk I'm bloated and ate too much in the 8hour window
    No offense man but you whinge alot. Seems like IF is not for you yet you act like you HAVE TO follow it because it is going to magically stop you from 'gaining around the waist". The only thing that will stop you from gaining around the waist is a Very slow bulk, a caloric deficit from your diet, or a cardio induced deficit. If you cant get in 3000cals in 8 hours then dont do it. 3000cals in 8 hours is easy as,

500g chicken, roasted. 820cals 155g protein 18g fat
    1 cup dry oats 340 cals. 58g carb 11.8 pro 6.9 fat
    1 cup dry couscous 650 cals 22g pro 1.1g fat 134g carb
    2 tbsp natty PB 200 cals 6g carb 16g fat 5g pro
    2 tbsp olive oil 240 cals 14g fat

Protein sludge
    2 scoops ON casein 240 cals 48g pro 6g carb 2g fat
    1/2 cup skim milk 4.3g pro 6.7g carb
    2 large eggs
    25g almond meal

1 apple 1 pear

Total 3031 cals

266 carbs
    272 protein
    95g fat

That is NOT hard to eat in 8 hours. Srsly. Freeze that protein sludge and it is a tasty ass dessert, can add crushed or whole nuts to it, berries, whatever. Thats not even including salad or vegetables either, which you should be eating lots of.
    Bumblebeetuna

sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10) sportyaccordy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chriskav View Post
    Weighted chins, deadlifts, rows, Job done.
    This guy knows

I am a volume fiend but I stick to the compounds. Weighted chins, deads, seated rows, bent rows, tbar rows, go home. Lol @ curls
    Intensity, Recovery, Nutrition, Sleep- the only things that matter.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sportyaccordy View Post
    This guy knows

I am a volume fiend but I stick to the compounds. Weighted chins, deads, seated rows, bent rows, tbar rows, go home. Lol @ curls
    Yup! All you really need although I personally like doing curls from time to time.

Nothin like those 70lb Alt DB Curls
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Last edited by kels_88; 03-14-2011 at 08:19 PM.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by docchio View Post
    no offense man but you whinge alot. Seems like if is not for you yet you act like you have to follow it because it is going to magically stop you from 'gaining around the waist". The only thing that will stop you from gaining around the waist is a very slow bulk, a caloric deficit from your diet, or a cardio induced deficit. If you cant get in 3000cals in 8 hours then dont do it. 3000cals in 8 hours is easy as,

500g chicken, roasted. 820cals 155g protein 18g fat
    1 cup dry oats 340 cals. 58g carb 11.8 pro 6.9 fat
    1 cup dry couscous 650 cals 22g pro 1.1g fat 134g carb
    2 tbsp natty pb 200 cals 6g carb 16g fat 5g pro
    2 tbsp olive oil 240 cals 14g fat

protein sludge
    2 scoops on casein 240 cals 48g pro 6g carb 2g fat
    1/2 cup skim milk 4.3g pro 6.7g carb
    2 large eggs
    25g almond meal

1 apple 1 pear

total 3031 cals

266 carbs
    272 protein
    95g fat

that is not hard to eat in 8 hours. srsly. Freeze that protein sludge and it is a tasty ass dessert, can add crushed or whole nuts to it, berries, whatever. Thats not even including salad or vegetables either, which you should be eating lots of.
    truth.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kels_88 View Post
    [b]

I'm hoping you all can find this material useful, I did!
    Great stuff, thanks for sharing man, repped. So basically I gathered:

* Only lift 2/3 times per week

* keep the sessions short and hard

* focus on high weight / lower rep ranges for strength gains with longer rest periods (3-5mins)

* using 4 primary moves (deadlifts, squats, bench press, weight chinups). Kinda interesting how he advocates chin ups and not pull ups
    Repping BTK'ers and Aussies on sight.....

BLEED TIME KREW (BTK)

foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodpr0n is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Once you've been a client of Martin it's great to know all this

Heavy, hard, get out!

kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jonesy08 View Post
    Great stuff, thanks for sharing man, repped. So basically I gathered:

* Only lift 2/3 times per week

* keep the sessions short and hard

* focus on high weight / lower rep ranges for strength gains with longer rest periods (3-5mins)

* using 4 primary moves (deadlifts, squats, bench press, weight chinups). Kinda interesting how he advocates chin ups and not pull ups
    Yep! Thats what I gathered. Except you split up the moves for each day (deads and chins on same day)

Mix some other moves in there. Seems like he goes on the KISS method!

Originally Posted by foodpr0n View Post
    Once you've been a client of Martin it's great to know all this

Heavy, hard, get out!
    Jealous, a little bit. I'm doing my best to piece together what clients of his have said...don't want to ask people to give away the secrets, but if I can find them, I will

Closed Thread