Closed Thread
Page 40 of 333 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 9990
    PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by limelite View Post
    Yeah, here's my meal plan
    - 6 days a week: 1500 calories, [93.75g carbs/50g fats/168.75 protein]
    - 1 day refeed: 2000 calories, [200g carbs/45g fats/200 protein]
    mostly consists of tuna, whole foods, nuts.. for my refeed I eat anything as long as it fits into my macros. I also religiously weigh and log my food.

I used to be 150, went down to about 145, then when I went on IF (End of January), I got up to 150 again and have been floating around 148-151 the past few weeks. Also taking a fat burner (VPX meltdown)

I train 6x a week BUT, that training is very "light" training since it's just for powerlifting (like one day is dedicated to bench, another day is dedicated to squats, another day dedicated to deadlifts) and sometimes I add in a little cardio like a VERY slow jog for 1km (lol)

That puts my maintenance at about 2100? I drink about 1-2 gallons of water so I don't think water retention is a problem..?

I train for powerlifting, so I'm trying to make lower weight classes since I'm at an advantage for strength.
    Bold = You are basically at maintenance currently. You could be recomping a bit in the process.

If you are prepping for a comp though and need to make weight (in effect lose weight), then you are currently not eating at a deficit. You describe your training as "light" so that is something else to consider in your overall calorie intake.

Could decrease calories in 5-10% weekly increments until you see a change. Also, have carb depletion that you could do the last week to help in making weight.

GL!

Originally Posted by chriskav View Post
    It is very easy to maintain this level of BF when you are on IF, as martin does himself, but he is a fair few % lower than me.
    X2. Im not 5%BF like Martin but I hover between 8-9%BF year round. Gets easier with time.

Sick avi, chriskav. Good work.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Paperplanes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Martin,

Started today with IF, man it feels good!

But i have some questions, i am now at +- 13% bodyfatt, 17 years old and i wanna go low for one time(8% ripped) but i weigh only about 159 lbs(in the morning, empty stomach), you can see 2 pictures from me at attached images

Do you think i can do IF for fat loss, or do you think i'm to skinny?

Other question:

I am currently using your RPR system and this is my split:

monday: deadlift 2 sets RPR, weighted chin ups 3 sets RPR, bent over row 2 sets, one arm lateral db raise heavy 2 sets, barbell curl 2 sets

wednesday: bench 3 sets RPR, incline dumbell press 2 sets RPR, 2 sets weighted dips, 2 sets seated dumbell presses for delts, 2 sets skullcrusher

friday: squat 2 sets RPR, front sqaut 2 sets RPR, leg curl 2 sets, calve raise 2 sets, abs 2 sets

Think its good split, with good exercises or do i miss something? And my triceps are the weak factor with benching what can i do tho improve them?
    I'm sorry for my bad english, i'm from a other country

Greetz and thanks!
    Attached Images

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    X2. Im not 5%BF like Martin but I hover between 8-9%BF year round. Gets easier with time.
    I keep reading it's easier to maintain leanness than to get to the lean state. I sure hope it is, having a hard diet day and sometimes feel like starting my slow bulk. BUT NOO i gotta get dem abz.

Joined the IIFYM Crew to make things easier
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dexter3000 View Post
    I keep reading it's easier to maintain leanness than to get to the lean state. I sure hope it is, having a hard diet day and sometimes feel like starting my slow bulk. BUT NOO i gotta get dem abz.

Joined the IIFYM Crew to make things easier
    Yup! At least from my own experience.
    BRAINS & GAINS

saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000) saw7988 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys, I've been doing IF for about a week now and had some questions on how you guys think it could be optimized. (Please answer these from a strictly objective and metabolism/hormone/calorie partitioning point of view. Adherence is of zero concern for me.)

1. Is it better to shorten the window from 8 hours to 6 or 4 if possible? I get home from work at 4pm and could eat from 4-12 or just as easily shorten and get everything in by 10 or 8 instead.

2. Is it better to have the feeding window as close to bedtime as possible? If I go to bed at 12 and had a short feeding window, which would be better 4-10 or 6-12?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Paperplanes View Post
    Hey Martin,

But i have some questions, i am now at +- 13% bodyfatt, 17 years old and i wanna go low for one time(8% ripped) but i weigh only about 159 lbs(in the morning, empty stomach), you can see 2 pictures from me at attached images

Other question:

monday: deadlift 2 sets RPR, weighted chin ups 3 sets RPR, bent over row 2 sets, one arm lateral db raise heavy 2 sets, barbell curl 2 sets

wednesday: bench 3 sets RPR, incline dumbell press 2 sets RPR, 2 sets weighted dips, 2 sets seated dumbell presses for delts, 2 sets skullcrusher

friday: squat 2 sets RPR, front sqaut 2 sets RPR, leg curl 2 sets, calve raise 2 sets, abs 2 sets

Think its good split, with good exercises or do i miss something? And my triceps are the weak factor with benching what can i do tho improve them?

Greetz and thanks!
    I think its gonna last for days/monts till martin wil answer(logically), so if some of you guys can answer my questions it would be very nice!

CEO - Vandelay Industries viennafat's Avatar
    viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) viennafat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey Martin,

Based on your pictures, I would not try for any fat loss at this point. You are already very lean. You should try your hardest to increase muscle mass.
    Keep lifting heavy, doing a lot of compound exercises, and eating a lot. You're only 17, so take advantage of that.
    Architect, Marine Biologist, Importer-Exporter, Latex Manufacturing.

Originally Posted by viennafat View Post
    Based on your pictures, I would not try for any fat loss at this point. You are already very lean. You should try your hardest to increase muscle mass.
    Keep lifting heavy, doing a lot of compound exercises, and eating a lot. You're only 17, so take advantage of that.
    Thanks, i see at as a compliment. I am lean, but my lower abs are still covered with some fatt and i want to get rid of that for once in my live, i've never been ripped before ,because of terrible cut diets, so its my ultime goal to get rid of that . I read that IF also burn more fat at the lower back and lower abs(the stubborn body fat article). So i wanna lose fat with IF fore 4 weeks and then go for some lean mass. Bad idea?

And what do you think of the exercises and the split?

And the other lost question i have: after 4 weeks of cutting on IF with a 3 day split, i am gonna ' bulk' with IF, how much do i have to go the gym than, four times a week? ( But I don't think anyone - no matter what level of experience - needs more than 3 days a week in the gym when cutting)
    Thanks for your answer, appreciate that!
    Greets
    Last edited by Paperplanes; 03-07-2011 at 01:29 PM.

limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kels_88 View Post
    Limelite, I’ve also been hovering around the same weight during IF (169-172lb), but recomp was kind of my goal cause I want to build right now and I’ll go on a stricter cut for the summer. I did find recently that I was underestimating my overall calorie intake (weighing my chicken after cooking = a lot more calories!) Before I was losing steadily on multiple meals, but I think I was on a stricter deficit.
    I weigh all my food raw and I even count dietary fiber as carbs!

Bold = You are basically at maintenance currently. You could be recomping a bit in the process.

If you are prepping for a comp though and need to make weight (in effect lose weight), then you are currently not eating at a deficit. You describe your training as "light" so that is something else to consider in your overall calorie intake.

Could decrease calories in 5-10% weekly increments until you see a change. Also, have carb depletion that you could do the last week to help in making weight.

GL!.
    I don't think I'm eating at maintenance. My intake is already 1,500 per day, and in comparison, my calorie intake for sedentary is around 1,800. I'm not sedentary of course, I live a pretty active lifestyle and I go to the gym 6x a week. but by "light" of course I'm still lifting heavy and doing a lot of sets, it's just not a lot of exercises to go around apart from the main compound movement I'm training on that day (squad/bench/dl)

Ahh, running out of ideas!

kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kels_88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I do now too, not much fun. I just didnt want to bother weighing my food raw...then I got my act together.

docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000)

I don't think I'm eating at maintenance. My intake is already 1,500 per day, and in comparison, my calorie intake for sedentary is around 1,800. I'm not sedentary of course, I live a pretty active lifestyle and I go to the gym 6x a week. but by "light" of course I'm still lifting heavy and doing a lot of sets, it's just not a lot of exercises to go around apart from the main compound movement I'm training on that day (squad/bench/dl)

Ahh, running out of ideas!
    To be honest, if you know your at a deficit, and everything is in tune then you need to just be patient. If you NEED to shed weight for a competition and you dont have time, then you need to start doing things like losing water weight or other drastic measures, which usually means ITS TOO LATE.... im not an expert by any means this is just what i gather from reading over the years. You sound like you want things to happen too quickly, you gotta be patient and see how your body adapts over time. The weight fluctuations you refer to are quite minimal. My weight fluctuates 2-5 lb regularly but always balances out eventually.

and most of all STOP STRESSING ! ! ! ! if you cant make this next competition.. then its no big deal, Hell, just go in the weight class above you and consider it a learning experience or a challenge, who knows you might do well? Get it over with, look to the next meet and try to shed some bodyfat before than so you can drop your weight class. Just seems like your going down a path where your gonna take drastic measures to lose weight which is going to impact negatively not only on your physique, but your health.
    Bumblebeetuna

docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000) docchio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Martin,

Other question:

Greetz and thanks!

Your in good shape dude, TAKE IT EASY on the heavy heavy lifts your still very young and your growth plates are still developing. Make sure your form is excellent you dont want to compromise your structure at such a young age. You are in good shape, i would have a 20% calorie surplus on your training days, and eat at maintenance on your non training days... i think you could get some good results.

Just concentrate on adding mass at this stage, your physique would look good man. Eat big and train hard, i wish i was on these forums and had discovered training at such a young age! good luck mate
    Bumblebeetuna

Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alright, worked out what I am doing.

I workout 5 days a week. Weight 253lbs. Weak points are chest, arms and shoulders.

Cutting for a couple of weeks. Maintenance is 3000

Monday: Heavy chest Chest + high rep triceps 3000
    Tuesday: Back and high rep biceps and high rep shoulders. 2500 medium carbs
    Wednesday: Legs 3000
    Thursday: Heavy Shoulders 2500 medium carbs
    Friday: Heavy Arms 3000
    Saturday: 2500 Low carbs
    Sunday: 2500 Low carbs

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by Striver View Post
    Alright, worked out what I am doing.

I workout 5 days a week. Weight 253lbs. Weak points are chest, arms and shoulders.

Cutting for a couple of weeks. Maintenance is 3000

Monday: Heavy chest Chest + high rep triceps 3000
    Tuesday: Back and high rep biceps and high rep shoulders. 2500 medium carbs
    Wednesday: Legs 3000
    Thursday: Heavy Shoulders 2500 medium carbs
    Friday: Heavy Arms 3000
    Saturday: 2500 Low carbs
    Sunday: 2500 Low carbs

Thoughts?
    I would separate back and leg training by a couple days.

Back day at 3000 calories.

Chest at 2500 calories.

Too much arm/shoulder training - IMO. Your decision though. Not sure what exercises you are doing.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would separate back and leg training by a couple days.

Back day at 3000 calories.

Chest at 2500 calories.

Too much arm/shoulder training - IMO. Your decision though. Not sure what exercises you are doing.
    Thanks PB.

I keep the volume pretty low for arms and shoulders, but do them twice. On Tuesday shoulders is just a 4 way superset high rep blast. Biceps on Triceps on Monday and Tuesday is just 8 sets.

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holla! I just won a free tub of Purple Psyko by Controlled Labs. I haven't been taking anything pre- or intra-workout and this should be good. Stats aren't amazing but it seems like it'll do the job with some Purple Wraath. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Originally Posted by Striver View Post
    Thanks PB.

I keep the volume pretty low for arms and shoulders, but do them twice. On Tuesday shoulders is just a 4 way superset high rep blast. Biceps on Triceps on Monday and Tuesday is just 8 sets.
    Cool deal! Low volume then I can see it working for you.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Cool deal! Low volume then I can see it working for you.
    Let's hope so! Wanna get my model/bodybuilding show victory stuff on!

Repped of course.

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tygeruppercut View Post
    Ok guys, I'm psyched about the program and I'm starting today!!!

One other question though: According to the leangains website, it is recommended to keep the same IF schedule protocol. Sometimes, my work schedule fluctuates and it could affect my feeding window. Is it cool if I switch up the protocols at times to adjust to the schedule? For example, today i'm off and I plan on working out this morning, instead of the usual night routine, can I use the feeding window for the morning workout and then switch back to normal working hours window?
    not sure if this was answered for u

and the response is absolutely yes- i have a very odd work schedule and i sometimes have to force feeding windows of 4-6 hours. the only thing u should adhere by (in terms of timing) is maintaining a 16 hour fast period

so adjust accordingly - IF is meant to simplify your diet lifestyle

ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Love the IF/Leangains life. I started into it about 7 months ago, first five were very inconsistent, wasn't very disciplined and yet body recomposition improved. It's only in the past two months or so that I've knuckled down on consistency and discipline and the results amaze me.

I'm just trying to find my baseline maintenance at this stage. It's a challenging thought re: cardio, I do them interval (not HIIT) based training in the morning only for 20 minutes. I do this not to be in surplus but for fitness. I'll continue to observe and assess my progress whilst continuing this approach/my regimen and see if it hinders with my planned clean/slow bulk.

Thanks Martin.
    Health and Fitness Blog (and other misc. things): http://chinoz32.blogspot.com/
    Current progress/timeline of body recomposition: http://chinoz32.blogspot.com/2011/01/follow-up-24-months-progress.html

NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Blitz n destroy View Post

pics?
    Pics coming in april, when I transition from cutting to bulking no matter the body fat. I have weekly pics, just need to move them from the phone to the computer.

Make a nice little montage.
    Last edited by NotHereOrThere; 03-07-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.

IIFYM!!
    IF!!!
    OH YEAH!!

I will do today what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

The Shotgun Samurai tygeruppercut's Avatar
    tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by .aeterna View Post
    not sure if this was answered for u

and the response is absolutely yes- i have a very odd work schedule and i sometimes have to force feeding windows of 4-6 hours. the only thing u should adhere by (in terms of timing) is maintaining a 16 hour fast period

so adjust accordingly - IF is meant to simplify your diet lifestyle
    thanks man.
    You jagaloons! You're failures! FAILURES!
    Hey, you're embarrassing yourself, you geriatric ****!
    Brennan.
    Two things: You keep your liver-spotted hands off my beautiful mother. She's a saint! And then you sit down and you write Dale and Brennan a check for $10,000.
    Oh, stop it! Stop it right...
    Or I'm gonna shove one of those fake hearing devices so far up your ass...
    Brennan!
    ...you can hear the sound of your small intestine as it produces ****!

landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) landonx91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone ran an EC stack while using IF? If so would it be safe to use it at 7:00am and then again at 11-11:30 am without eating any food? Any help would be greatly appreciated

romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000) romajc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ChinoZ32 View Post
    Love the IF/Leangains life. I started into it about 7 months ago, first five were very inconsistent, wasn't very disciplined and yet body recomposition improved. It's only in the past two months or so that I've knuckled down on consistency and discipline and the results amaze me.

I'm just trying to find my baseline maintenance at this stage. It's a challenging thought re: cardio, I do them interval (not HIIT) based training in the morning only for 20 minutes. I do this not to be in surplus but for fitness. I'll continue to observe and assess my progress whilst continuing this approach/my regimen and see if it hinders with my planned clean/slow bulk.

Thanks Martin.
    FUUUUUUUUUUU you are ripped.

What bf% were u at before?

limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) limelite is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by docchio View Post
    To be honest, if you know your at a deficit, and everything is in tune then you need to just be patient. If you NEED to shed weight for a competition and you dont have time, then you need to start doing things like losing water weight or other drastic measures, which usually means ITS TOO LATE.... im not an expert by any means this is just what i gather from reading over the years. You sound like you want things to happen too quickly, you gotta be patient and see how your body adapts over time. The weight fluctuations you refer to are quite minimal. My weight fluctuates 2-5 lb regularly but always balances out eventually.

and most of all STOP STRESSING ! ! ! ! if you cant make this next competition.. then its no big deal, Hell, just go in the weight class above you and consider it a learning experience or a challenge, who knows you might do well? Get it over with, look to the next meet and try to shed some bodyfat before than so you can drop your weight class. Just seems like your going down a path where your gonna take drastic measures to lose weight which is going to impact negatively not only on your physique, but your health.
    Very refreshing post, thank you so much. It's just that I've been on this "diet" for almost two months now, and to see no results is pretty damn frustrating. You see a lot of people have a complete transformation in three months, and I'm 2/3 of the way with NO drops whatsoever, so I also hope you know where I'm coming from.

And if I don't make the weight class, yeah, I guess I'm just going to have to compete in my actual weight class and hope things work out. Again thanks for the response.

ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChinoZ32 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by romajc View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUU you are ripped.

What bf% were u at before?
    I was over 10% (estimate) before I started. I'm lightweight though, aiming to clean bulk soon towards 80kg. And thank you!
    Current progress/timeline of body recomposition: http://chinoz32.blogspot.com/2011/01/follow-up-24-months-progress.html

Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000) Saintly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys, I'm fairly new to IF but am enjoying it thus far.

I'm curious as to whether or not there's an approximate amount of carbs which will compromise the fast? I know BCAAs are okay for fasted training, but what about certain intra products which contain trace amounts of carbs? Also, I'm assuming 9g of carbs from a pre-workout (Assault) will compromise the fast?

Thanks.

The Shotgun Samurai tygeruppercut's Avatar
    tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10) tygeruppercut is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just finished reading the leangains IF in its ENTIRELY and it really makes sense to me compared to all the diet plans and mundane meal frequency. I'm so excited about this program now.

Though, can someone elaborate more on the caloric cycle? Like low carbs on one day, and more fats on the other. Thanks
    You jagaloons! You're failures! FAILURES!
    Hey, you're embarrassing yourself, you geriatric ****!
    Brennan.
    Two things: You keep your liver-spotted hands off my beautiful mother. She's a saint! And then you sit down and you write Dale and Brennan a check for $10,000.
    Oh, stop it! Stop it right...
    Or I'm gonna shove one of those fake hearing devices so far up your ass...
    Brennan!
    ...you can hear the sound of your small intestine as it produces ****!

Originally Posted by tygeruppercut View Post
    I just finished reading the leangains IF in its ENTIRELY and it really makes sense to me compared to all the diet plans and mundane meal frequency. I'm so excited about this program now.

Though, can someone elaborate more on the caloric cycle? Like low carbs on one day, and more fats on the other. Thanks
    It's not really a diet, more of a timing approach. That's what I think anyway...

Just briefly I believe from Martin's guide:
    - Higher carbs on lifting days, lower fat
    - Higher fat on rest days, lower carbs
    - Regardless of days, protein protein protein is important

fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000) fni is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've gotten so accustomed to IF that I don't even want to change anything about my lifestyle. I'm going away to DC for a conference trip with a group of people and am not looking forward to breaking my flow. Then again, this is life.. sometimes we ought to simply just live and enjoy -- I guess I could use a break from calorie counting :P

Can't wait to get back and beast it up.

Closed Thread