Closed Thread
Page 323 of 333 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323 324 325 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,690 of 9990
    vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by barbdwyer View Post
    so to be brutally honest, IF is truly just a lifestyle that some people do well with, and isn't magic. The only real benefit is maybe increased insulin sensitivity, but at the end of the day no matter what your frequency, macros, etc are, it really comes down to cals in vs cals out.
    am i right or am i right?
    Originally Posted by barbdwyer View Post
    well, when I say macros, I mean only to an extent. basically enough protein to support your lbm, good fats and the rest is carbs. monitor calories close, lift hard and heavy and watch "magic" happen.

which leads me to this, what do the IF'ers believe as far as daily protein requirements? I'm thinking Martin recommends something like 2.5g/kg, but here recently I've been finding threads and such where folks are eating 1.2-1.5g/kg and making gains/retaining lbm. Thoughts?
    Yes, IF isn't magic, you are fine with 1g/lb, but you can up to 1.5 if you want and feel confortable

Originally Posted by Sreppah View Post
    Do you guys think it's interesting for me to do IF? I'm currently bulking on around 2450 calories. I've been reading about IF and I'm really motivated to give it a try.
    My eating window would be 5pm-9/10pm, and I work out at 1 pm. I'm 17 years old, around 123 lbs and 5'6" (I know low stats, yet I'm not an ectomorph, lost 12 pounds mainly fat in a wrong way :/).
    So I'd be eating 2400 calories in a 4-5 hour eating window.
    there is no such thing as endomorph, leangains isn't magic, do if it fits into your schedule
    Your are 123lb, just eat, don't worry about eating in a 5h otherwise you will develop Eating disorders

Originally Posted by usertag View Post
    squat+benchpress+chinup+deadlift 3x every week vs SS

which one better?
    Deadlifting 3x a week?
    notsureifsrs

you don't need that volume and you will reach a CNS failure by doing all the compounds 3x a week

Just do SS, better
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aldoxisonfire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok so I have always been starving at 6-8pm (and also midnight), I never needed breakfast nor lunch... but when dieting I was told to do the "nonsense" 5-7 meals a day, also I was told that breakfast was important meal of the day lol

I have been in IF for a week now, meeting my macros and calories, and I have lost 2 lbs so far. It is amazing, since now I will rarely consume more calories than what I need.

With the "eat every 2-3 hours" I would end up eating a lot at night, because that would make my hunger grow through all the day.

IF is not for everyone, you must feel comfortable with it, and I am.

I will keep with this 2-4 meals within the window (6pm to 11:30pm)... But in January I will be doing IF with one meal a day, I plan to make a log of it, I'm pretty sure I will see good results and I will be posting them.

IF for the win!

Registered User Maddenchamp1978's Avatar
    Maddenchamp1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How effective would this be if I begin my feeding window at 11am and end it at 5pm if workouts are evening?

I lift at 3:30pm after work. I figured my PWO meal around 5pm to be my biggest meal. I can do early Am empty stomach cardio but I can't lift early Am especially without food get the shakes.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Maddenchamp1978 View Post
    How effective would this be if I begin my feeding window at 11am and end it at 5pm if workouts are evening?

I lift at 3:30pm after work. I figured my PWO meal around 5pm to be my biggest meal. I can do early Am empty stomach cardio but I can't lift early Am especially without food get the shakes.
    time of the window matters little as long as it occurs within an 8 hr period
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    time of the window matters little as long as it occurs within an 8 hr period
    so feeding from 9am to 5pm is also fine? i think of this and workout at 8am before i go work.

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ive been toying around with IF for about 3 months. I am currently in a lean mass phase. I find it very hard to not break fast before 12pm when I train at 6. I have a very acidic feeling that makes me want to vomit. The days I train after work, I normally fast till 12 and stop eating at 8. For some reason its just the mornings after training I have an issue with this.
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10) Izmanv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gottalift78 View Post
    ive been toying around with IF for about 3 months. I am currently in a lean mass phase. I find it very hard to not break fast before 12pm when I train at 6. I have a very acidic feeling that makes me want to vomit. The days I train after work, I normally fast till 12 and stop eating at 8. For some reason its just the mornings after training I have an issue with this.

I'd bet you are dehydrated. Do you take a pre-workout supp? Chances are it can be adding to the feeling.

Be sure to drink LOTS of water in the gym and after. In fact, hydrate continually while fasted. Before you get thirsty while working out, drink water because by the time you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated.

I get that same feeling any time I start to get dehydrated on an empty stomach. I've mistaken that feeling for hunger. MANY people do. It's thirst. Before I learned what was causing the issue, I would alleviate it by eating since it felt like hunger to me. I also found that taking an antacid would help a little when I was looking for remedy. Water was ultimately the cure.

I train at 530a and break my fast around 1p. Before hitting the gym, I've already had a good two to four cups of water. Remember, all night long you are not taking water. It's important to start your re-hydration first thing.

At the gym, I drink a half gallon of water throughout my workout. By noon, I've had another half gallon.

Consider this: All night long your body dehydrates. When you work out, your body dehydrates. If you take a diuretic like caffeine, your body dehydrates. Morning hydration is VITAL and especially important if you train in the morning.

Best.

-Iz
    2009 MuscleTech $50,000.00 Transformation Contest Winner!
    Wanna know how I did it?
    http://www.izmanv.com

gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000) gottalift78 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Izmanv View Post
    I'd bet you are dehydrated. Do you take a pre-workout supp? Chances are it can be adding to the feeling.

Be sure to drink LOTS of water in the gym and after. In fact, hydrate continually while fasted. Before you get thirsty while working out, drink water because by the time you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated.

I get that same feeling any time I start to get dehydrated on an empty stomach. I've mistaken that feeling for hunger. MANY people do. It's thirst. Before I learned what was causing the issue, I would alleviate it by eating since it felt like hunger to me. I also found that taking an antacid would help a little when I was looking for remedy. Water was ultimately the cure.

I train at 530a and break my fast around 1p. Before hitting the gym, I've already had a good two to four cups of water. Remember, all night long you are not taking water. It's important to start your re-hydration first thing.

At the gym, I drink a half gallon of water throughout my workout. By noon, I've had another half gallon.

Consider this: All night long your body dehydrates. When you work out, your body dehydrates. If you take a diuretic like caffeine, your body dehydrates. Morning hydration is VITAL and especially important if you train in the morning.

Best.

-Iz

very good thought, thank you for bringing that to my attention! I average about 1.5 gal a day right now. 1 gal, min but in the AM i drink my pre and then only maybe get down 16 oz while training. I will give this a try and see how it goes.

Thanks again
    If you're absent during my struggle, don't expect to be present during my success.

usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I am on IF for 1 week until now.

I hope to get abit more advice from you all.

My workout is at 7.30am or 8am. Feeding window is from 10.30am to 6.30pm. I'm 182cm and 77kg. Aiming to be lean with low body fat. My body fat is 12.5%

Workout
    Starting strength at 7.30am

BCAA twice before and after workout

Diet
    10.30am: black pepper grilled fish with french fries, double cheeseburger, 2 banana, dextrose + whey + creatine shake, 1 cup of oatmeal
    2.30pm: black pepper grilled fish with french fries or 2 meats + 1 vegetable with rice, some cashew nuts, 500ml of HL milk. (+ 2 cup of oatmeals on workoutday)
    6.30pm: 2 meats + 1 vegetable with rice, 500ml of HL milk, some cashew nuts, (+ proat shake on workout or protein only shake on rest day).

I cant cook at home since i am working outside. Anything I should remove or add?
    Last edited by usertag; 11-08-2012 at 11:23 PM.

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am on IF for 1 week until now.

I hope to get abit more advice from you all.

My workout is at 7.30am or 8am. Feeding window is from 10.30am to 6.30pm. I'm 182cm and 77kg. Aiming to be lean with low body fat. My body fat is 12.5%

Workout
    Starting strength at 7.30am

BCAA twice before and after workout

Diet
    10.30am: black pepper grilled fish with french fries, double cheeseburger, 2 banana, dextrose + whey + creatine shake, 1 cup of oatmeal
    2.30pm: black pepper grilled fish with french fries or 2 meats + 1 vegetable with rice, some cashew nuts, 500ml of HL milk. (+ 2 cup of oatmeals on workoutday)
    6.30pm: 2 meats + 1 vegetable with rice, 500ml of HL milk, some cashew nuts, (+ proat shake on workout or protein only shake on rest day).

I cant cook at home since i am working outside. Anything I should remove or add?
    does not matter your food choices, but your macros

SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000) SteinIdar is just really nice. (+1000)
    started IF monday, and i've been dropping weight real fast, almost to fast. Currently cutting on 2500kcal (p:200g, c:200g, f:100g). started at 78.6kg and after 5 days im down to 77.8kg. but i've dropped an inch of my waist so i gotta be doing something right, but i hope im not losing any significant amount of muscle.

ask question.

why not using fasted workout and eat normally like workout in morning and eat 5-6 meals afterwards, then no need to force myself eating really big meals for IF when having difficulties to eat big meals and fat loss is from calories deficit? why better use IF?
    Last edited by usertag; 11-10-2012 at 06:11 PM.

DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How would I incorporate yohimbe hcl in with training fasted if I'm taking aminos first thing in the morning? It's said that aminos spike insulin and that yohimbe hcl won't be effective with an insulin spike.
    --If you knew better you'd do better!--

neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take y-hcl on an empty stomach upon waking, and 4 hours later.

DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10) DoolaMadness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    Take y-hcl on an empty stomach upon waking, and 4 hours later.
    Would me taking aminos interfere with the yohimbe working, if so when would I take the aminos?
    --If you knew better you'd do better!--

neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) neddo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would dose 30 minutes outside of amino intake.

SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone get ED from intermittent fasting? I've been seeing good fat loss results from fasting 19 hrs/day, working out fasted and basically having 2 decent sized meals during my 5 hour post workout eating window. I go to sleep a few hours after I stop eating, so I workout and eat late in the day. I find that I can easily at least maintain my strength while losing fat rapidly, and I love working out fasted. IF is good for me as far as the gym is concerned.

But I've been having serious erection problems. I use some stims (pre workouts and green tea), but I also did when I was eating more food and not fasting. It's not just the stims.

Gonna have to change something cause I feel terrible about this. Any advice?

ask question.

why not using fasted workout and eat normally like workout in morning and eat 5-6 meals afterwards, then no need to force myself eating really big meals for IF when having difficulties to eat big meals and fat loss is from calories deficit? why better use IF?
    Anyone? As above

ask question.

if you can't eat big meals, why the fuk are you doing IF?

and what do you expect for a fasted workout? if you just can workout early in the morning, just do what is better for you

tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) tazmanpa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SSBX View Post
    Anyone get ED from intermittent fasting? I've been seeing good fat loss results from fasting 19 hrs/day, working out fasted and basically having 2 decent sized meals during my 5 hour post workout eating window. I go to sleep a few hours after I stop eating, so I workout and eat late in the day. I find that I can easily at least maintain my strength while losing fat rapidly, and I love working out fasted. IF is good for me as far as the gym is concerned.

But I've been having serious erection problems. I use some stims (pre workouts and green tea), but I also did when I was eating more food and not fasting. It's not just the stims.

Gonna have to change something cause I feel terrible about this. Any advice?
    Are you eating enough fats? That would be the only thing I could see effecting you in that way.

stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Does anyone know if really low blood glucose levels during fasting and really high after eating are a sign of large insulin sensitivity?

Originally Posted by stratoo View Post
    Does anyone know if really low blood glucose levels during fasting and really high after eating are a sign of large insulin sensitivity?
    Fast for 10 hours, take your BG reading. If it's <110 ish, you're fine. I can't tell if this is a serious question, but your blood glucose IS supposed to elevate after eating. Insulin will slowly remove the BG from the blood and deposit it in various tissues.

SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SSBX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tazmanpa View Post
    Are you eating enough fats? That would be the only thing I could see effecting you in that way.
    Not on a low fat diet, but may be eating too little period. Gonna increase from 2200 to 2500 (200/200/100ish). im 5'9 200 and in pretty good shape so maybe 2200 cals is too little.

Location: Peterborough, Cambs, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Patrick999 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

IF Calc

Will be going on a bulk from next week, most likely for 7-8months initially. Used the IF Calculator (http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/) and chose Lean Massing (-10/+30), which gave the following:

Does this look about right?

Been IFing for about 4months now, gone from 250lbs to 216lbs as of the other day, and time to start my bulk I think. Would you split the P/C/F differently, or are they OK as they are? I will try to nail the correct amounts but main priority is to be in a caloric surplus/

Would you recommend being in one every day though, or just workout days?

I'm 6'4-5"
    New Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172793681
    Old Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146063343

MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000) MazzaG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does anyone else not have separate calories for separate days? (i.e more calories on workout day and less on rest etc).

Is there a real benefit to having altered daily calories? (whether bulking or cutting on IF)
    “So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

*WetBreast is gonna make it crew*
    ♚ Mediterranean Crew ♛
    ***Arsenal crew***

*Banned for saying dat dere*

Originally Posted by Patrick999 View Post
    Will be going on a bulk from next week, most likely for 7-8months initially. Used the IF Calculator (http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/) and chose Lean Massing (-10/+30), which gave the following:

Does this look about right?

Been IFing for about 4months now, gone from 250lbs to 216lbs as of the other day, and time to start my bulk I think. Would you split the P/C/F differently, or are they OK as they are? I will try to nail the correct amounts but main priority is to be in a caloric surplus/

Would you recommend being in one every day though, or just workout days?

I'm 6'4-5"
    Both days may be rather low for your height and weight, but you can manipulate as necessary after a few weeks of dieting at those levels and seeing where they take you. Your macro breakdown looks perfect.

Originally Posted by MazzaG View Post
    Does anyone else not have separate calories for separate days? (i.e more calories on workout day and less on rest etc).

Is there a real benefit to having altered daily calories? (whether bulking or cutting on IF)
    If I lift hard 5x days per week, I'm eating the same kcals per day as the day after is as important as the lifting day for recovery; but if I take a week off (this week, last week...) due to not enough time because of work/class/etc then I drop my kcals to maintenance to avoid unnecessary fat gain (no muscle stimulation, no growth -- no need for the extra kcals).

tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000) tenaciousj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Need some help with this. I work 3rd shift right now and usually wake up around 5-6PM. I do not work out until the morning after work which is just after 7AM. Is this still going to be effective for me with my schedule being this way? Not sure if I should wake up and do my eating at that point in time between say 6PM - 2AM or so and go without food the rest of the day until I wake up the following evening?
    R.I.P. ssj4veggeto1008

stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stratoo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by neddo View Post
    Fast for 10 hours, take your BG reading. If it's <110 ish, you're fine. I can't tell if this is a serious question, but your blood glucose IS supposed to elevate after eating. Insulin will slowly remove the BG from the blood and deposit it in various tissues.
    It is a serious question. I'm asking because I'm going hypo sometimes when I fast.

droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50) droalex will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone here do 5/3/1 and IF?

I'm worried about my strength going down

I'd recommend 5/3/1 or PHAT for IF. Just lift heavy, eat healthy, and sleep aplenty

@stratoo - You aren't going hypo during your fast, I assure you.

Closed Thread