Closed Thread
Page 280 of 333 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,400 of 9990
    abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250) abendm has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by K1ngRippa View Post
    hey guys, just wanna start off by sayin I had my first day of IF and I got to say I really Like it. Upon reaching the 12-14 hour mark I actually started to feel more concentrated furthermore, I took 10g bcaa before doing a shoulder workout and the mind to muscle was amazing. Definatly going to see were this takes me.

Im just wondering how green tea effects the fasted state. My preliminary thoughs is they would act like kind of a fat burner and I was thinking of drinking it while fasted, didn't see any answers in the search.
    You certainly can drink it. As another poster said, doing so won't have all that much of an effect as a "fat burner." Green tea helps fatty acid oxidation, but in the fasted state you won't have anything but fatty acids to oxidize. More helpful during the fasted state would be a thermogenic (because there will already be an abundance of fatty acids to burn, and minimal "competition" from glycogen). That's why Martin mentions the use of EC.

Despite claims to the contrary by IFers and CKDers, it's not possible to lose fat and build muscle at the same time. If anything, these eating protocols/diets are really short cut and bulk cycles (assuming a daily surplus of calories). E.g., leangains style bulking could be considered 16 hr cuts mixed with 8 hr bulks. When push comes to shove your still either bulking or cutting (the same can be said of CKDs). Based on avi pic and ht/weight, you my friend need to concentrate on bulking, not the fat burning effects of green tea.
    Former member of the > 300 lb crew
    --- 08/03/11: >310 lb
    --- 04/26/13: 14% 190 lb

--- I always rep back, although measly atm

K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vitornoob View Post
    sorry, I did not see..well, 1 month and you gained 5lb...

1. could be water, glycogen
    2. You are eating too much

btw, why are you eating only 60g cho off days?
    To be honest, I don't have a real explanation for that. I just assumed that for rest days and workout days, the carb cycling had to be two extremes.
    Greatness from small beginnings.

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by K3Fallout View Post
    To be honest, I don't have a real explanation for that. I just assumed that for rest days and workout days, the carb cycling had to be two extremes.
    see?

have you already read the stickies?

Originally Posted by Jansen_Ongko View Post
    Thanks for the answer man. Highly appreciated.
    Nop, you are welcome!
    *Hollywood's rabid cage crew*

Bulking log -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145653801

K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3Fallout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    see?

have you already read the stickies?
    Thoroughly, no. I will read through them when I have the time. For now I'm just going to try eating less on my rest days. I used the calculator from http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ if that matters.

vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) vitornoob is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thoroughly, no. I will read through them when I have the time. For now I'm just going to try eating less on my rest days. I used the calculator from http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ if that matters.
    I knew..this website is groce...Alan Aragon has already stated that there are many mistakes by this calculator that someone has done...use the stickies in the main nut section

I knew..this website is groce...Alan Aragon has already stated that there are many mistakes by this calculator that someone has done...use the stickies in the main nut section
    I was not aware of that at all. Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully once this is figured out then I can start seeing progress..

I was not aware of that at all. Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully once this is figured out then I can start seeing progress..
    no problems...make sure to read the main ones...

Still Just An Anagram maltanarchy's Avatar
    maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I ate breakfast today for the first or second time since October 2011... Honestly, it didn't feel any different than not eating breakfast. I might have found myself a little more hungry when noon rolled around. I did it just to be social with my family. But, it really felt like a waste of calories. hahaha

Does anyone feel that IF make their appetite bigger, yet at the same time when you are not eating you have more control? During the fast I don't even think about food. I can easily go 18 hrs before I get hungry. The few times that I did a full 24 fast I felt almost an adrenaline rush in the 20-22hr area. I've just noticed in the past month or so that when I do finally break the fast I can eat... eat like the fat guy I used to be. Come to think of it I remember posting that hitting 2200 calories in 2 healthy meals would be kinda hard... I believe I was told to shut up and eat and that I sound like a whiny girl. hahaha Anyone else feel like IF has made their appetite bigger (but incredible control during the fast)? My only problem is at the end of the fed window, sometimes that's when I have hunger control issues.
    Jan 2010: 210 lbs
    Dec 2010: 145lbs
    Feb 2011 - July 2011: Rotator Cuff Injury
    July 2011: Back to weights
    Current Goal: Build some strength

Just eat less? Who knew it was so easy to NOT be fat?

taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50) taptomyarmbar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by maltanarchy View Post
    I ate breakfast today for the first or second time since October 2011... Honestly, it didn't feel any different than not eating breakfast. I might have found myself a little more hungry when noon rolled around. I did it just to be social with my family. But, it really felt like a waste of calories. hahaha

Does anyone feel that IF make their appetite bigger, yet at the same time when you are not eating you have more control? During the fast I don't even think about food. I can easily go 18 hrs before I get hungry. The few times that I did a full 24 fast I felt almost an adrenaline rush in the 20-22hr area. I've just noticed in the past month or so that when I do finally break the fast I can eat... eat like the fat guy I used to be. Come to think of it I remember posting that hitting 2200 calories in 2 healthy meals would be kinda hard... I believe I was told to shut up and eat and that I sound like a whiny girl. hahaha Anyone else feel like IF has made their appetite bigger (but incredible control during the fast)? My only problem is at the end of the fed window, sometimes that's when I have hunger control issues.
    I have a ferocious appetite - as soon as I break the fast I have to actually hold back from eating as much as I want to. First meal usually around 1000 cals / 100g P and I find myself grazing an hour later! :-)

I don't really feel hungry during the fast at all.

smoove7410 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, 3 weeks down and weird results so far. After the second week, I was down 4.5 lbs. One week later, (today) I'm up 2 lbs. So, net loss of 2.5 lbs in 3 weeks, but not sure if I should be worried about the increase this week. I usually don't work out on the weekends and therefore my calories are low as well as carbs since I cycle calories. Yesterday, I did probably over shoot my calories and ate a pretty good amount of white rice. (went out to dinner with friends) My strength has continued to increase also, so I'm not sure if some could be increased muscle? By pics, I look pretty similar to a week ago body fat wise, maybe slightly bigger, but I'm sure I'm slightly bloated since I do my weighing/pics in the morning.

So, my question is, should I really be worried about a 1 week jump? I know I'll fluctuate, so I'm more concerned with just seeing if this means I am too high calorie wise since this is the first time I have estimated my maintenance and counted calories/macros. Any thoughts?

Kenny92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys, I'm about to start my IF cut, but before I do I just want to post my plan here and make sure it's ok so I don't mess something up.

My goal is fatloss.
    Weight: 168 (+- a pound)
    Height: 186 cm (6.1 ft)
    Maintanence kcal: 2800

I'm doing a -10%/-20%

Training day kcal intake: 2520

protein: 250g
    Carbs: 245g
    Fats: 60g

Off-day kcal intake: 2240
    Protein: 250g
    Carbs: 130g
    Fats: 80g

Is this a good setup for optimal fatloss? Should I reduce the kcals even more? Increase fats?

Oh, and I'm at around 11-12% bodyfat right now.

Any helpful comment is appreciated !

c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) c0vjek is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Week 2 is complete, down 5 pounds and feel great.

I gained ton of weight in past 4 months due to no gym and take out daily so I only care about dropping the fat and will work on lean bulk after that.

16/8 with 2500 calories a day, 4 days a week cardio and lifting is working wonders.

Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tomi_Li is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thinking about trying this, is it IIFYM? I tried to find him talking about specific sugars fats and carbs, but he only really says keep carbs high on workout days and lower with fat higher on rest days. Does it even matter?

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Tomi_Li View Post
    Thinking about trying this, is it IIFYM? I tried to find him talking about specific sugars fats and carbs, but he only really says keep carbs high on workout days and lower with fat higher on rest days. Does it even matter?
    IF =/= IIFYM
    IF= intermittent fasting
    IIFYM= If it fits your macros

Some people do both, some do 1 or the other, some do neither
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoloX5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Isn't green tea more of a fat blocker, whereas fucoxanthin is an actual fat burner?

To the OP - taking green tea is ok when fasting.

CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Going to try fasted training today with BCAA... I am sceptical, as I feel my energy levels will be toast by the time I'm done squats alone. Will report back.
    PATH OF IRON:
    "Inspiration for the Neo-Renaissance Weightlifter"

[pathofiron.net]

tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

More IF questions...

I'm a personality of extremes. When I eat, I EAT, and when I fast, I see it as a challenge and can go an entire day without eating. I know that meal timing isn't as important as cals/macros but my new routine may be a bit too extreme.

Basically I enjoy eating in the evening when I get home from work. All day I pound coffee and I'm working so I don't think about food at all and can fast into the evening knowing there's a huge meal waiting for me at the end of the tunnel. But for my scheduele, I usually work out around noonish. Would I lose a lot of strength/muscle if I work out fasted around noon and continue to fast ill around 5 or 6, then have a feeding window of about 4 hours before I go to bed at 10? My goal right now is fat loss and presserving muscle. Intaking about 2k cals a day.

Thanks in advance for any help!

tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tatherton23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh and one important thing I forgot to add is cardio. I enjoy doing cardio and I know with Lean Gains, Martin doesn't advise it. Can't I just do cardio in the evenings after I've eating and just replace the burned calories?

You are 142lb, 5'9...why are you thinking about cutting?

Cause I've developed an unsightly layer of stomach fat during a failed bulk. Want to be lean for the summer.

Originally Posted by tatherton23 View Post
    Cause I've developed an unsightly layer of stomach fat during a failed bulk. Want to be lean for the summer.
    if you cut, you will look like a skeleton...srs...

just reduce your surplus atm...btw, read the stickies

Okay so lets say I eat maintenance or with a surplus of 200-300 cal, would this style of eating work? I've read the stickies. This is just really weird and didn't know if where it fits into all that info..

Originally Posted by tatherton23 View Post
    Okay so lets say I eat maintenance or with a surplus of 200-300 cal, would this style of eating work? I've read the stickies. This is just really weird and didn't know if where it fits into all that info..
    good...eat close to maintenance..this is good

if you can workout fasted, it is ok..
    for example, I was over one year working out fasted, but changed to 1 meal pre workout and my performace has improved, but a lot of people here workout fasted and have great workouts
    In theory, as long you are eating enough, there is no problem...

CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CanadianEric View Post
    Going to try fasted training today with BCAA... I am sceptical, as I feel my energy levels will be toast by the time I'm done squats alone. Will report back.

Well, I was wrong. Hadn't eaten in at least 16 hours, and even though I was hungry, I was still "all there", feeling actually pretty sharp.

Anyways, ended up breaking THREE PRs for squat and front squat... THREE! I had an incredible leg workout, and never did I feel like I was energy depleted. I am actually kind of shocked about how that went.
    PATH OF IRON:
    "Inspiration for the Neo-Renaissance Weightlifter"

[pathofiron.net]

maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50) maltanarchy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm trying to cut back on caffeine and artificial sweeteners...

I bought some stevia. I've had it off and on a few times in the past few years. I don't have a regular stevia brand. I bought "Now Better Stevia Packets" and I don't like what I read on the label: Ingredients: Rice Maltodextrin, Certified Organic Stevia Extract (Stevia rebaudiana) (Leaf) and Silica. Is maltodextrin the same as sugar - specifically as in being an insulinemic food? Secondly, did I get hosed buying this stuff?

rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm fasting from 9pm night before to 12 noon the next day. Problem is, my hands/feet/body is extremely cold. Its 70F at my workplace most of the time, but my hands have no circulation and feels like I'm outside in 10F windy weather. I've even tried 4cups of coffee and it didn't help. I'm at work now with 2 sweatshirts and a hat on and thermometer says 70, and I'm still cold. Any ideas?

Originally Posted by rootcon View Post
    I'm fasting from 9pm night before to 12 noon the next day. Problem is, my hands/feet/body is extremely cold. Its 70F at my workplace most of the time, but my hands have no circulation and feels like I'm outside in 10F windy weather. I've even tried 4cups of coffee and it didn't help. I'm at work now with 2 sweatshirts and a hat on and thermometer says 70, and I'm still cold. Any ideas?
    Comes with the territory.
    Originally Posted by www.leangains.com
    Fasting and cold fingers

"Q: Sometimes when I fast my finger tips get cold, why is that?

Fasting increases the blood flow to you body fat (the process is called adipose tissue blood flow). So when you are fasting more blood is travelling to your body fat, presumably to help move it to your muscles where it can be burned as a fuel. Do to this increased travel to your body fat, micro-vasodilation occurs in your fingertips and sometimes toes to compensate. So in some cases it’s a ‘necessary evil’ in the fat loss process."

rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rootcon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by maltanarchy View Post
    Comes with the territory.
    Thx. Makes sense.

Also, anyone else inducing ketosis during the fast? I take 2tbsp MCT oil when I wake up to be in ketosis until noon. Not sure if its a good idea to run short bursts of ketosis every day for 7 hours.

bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bbkonmai has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rootcon View Post
    Have the same problem, brah. In for responses to this.

Closed Thread
Page 280 of 333 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 290 330 ... LastLast