ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Cheap way to bulk

I am in college and have been making my own meals this semester. Ever since I started making my own meals I dont feel like I have been getting enough calories. What are some cheap meals and other foods that I can buy to ensure that I get enough calories? Also, how much do you guys usually spend per week on groceries? Thanks for the help.

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ImAWizard View Post
    I am in college and have been making my own meals this semester. Ever since I started making my own meals I dont feel like I have been getting enough calories. What are some cheap meals and other foods that I can buy to ensure that I get enough calories? Also, how much do you guys usually spend per week on groceries? Thanks for the help.
    My college diet consisted of rice, pasta, and tortilla for grains(bread goes bad too fast)

Lean beef, chicken, shrimp, scallops, and lean jimmy dean sausage for meats.

I also had eggs and used frozen fruit and veggies for the side stuff.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wrap meat in bacon, stuff it with cheese or sausage.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000) Technic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lots of bags of beans and rice and chicken breasts when they're on sale.

Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rencity01 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Tuna is your best friend.
    **Lana Del Rey crew**
    **Always pick 3 crew**

I’m living a dream I never want to wake up from

iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) iPhoneSRQ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    milk
    1k+

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    easy to increase calories by adding fat in your diet, cook meat in oil or add peanut butter to your oats/shake.. etc.
    I actually find it easier to get enough calories when i DO cook for myself, because I enjoy what I eat
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you pay attention to overall macronutrients at all? I feel that sometimes guys over-emphasize the protein, which is generally the most expensive macrnoutrient.

easy dishes are usually various oatmeal mixes, pasta and meat/veggies, sandwiches.

Wait for sales, use coupons - it's silly not to.

Carbohydrates and fats are protein sparing, and usually the easiest to add calories.

Classic recommendations:
    oatmeal
    peanut butter
    eggs
    pasta
    chicken thighs

what are you doing currently?
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) ImAWizard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    Do you pay attention to overall macronutrients at all? I feel that sometimes guys over-emphasize the protein, which is generally the most expensive macrnoutrient.

easy dishes are usually various oatmeal mixes, pasta and meat/veggies, sandwiches.

Wait for sales, use coupons - it's silly not to.

Carbohydrates and fats are protein sparing, and usually the easiest to add calories.

Classic recommendations:
    oatmeal
    peanut butter
    eggs
    pasta
    chicken thighs

what are you doing currently?
    Thanks for all of the responses.

Here is what I currently eat:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit and 1 scoop whey with milk
    Lift: take whey with milk pwo
    Lunch: Peanutbutter sandwich and milk
    Snack: almonds and grapes
    Dinner: chicken breast, ground beef, or pasta with vegtables and milk
    Then i will usually snack on more almonds or make a sandwich.

Should I be keeping track of my overall macronutrients? Before this I have pretty much just dirty bulked since the dining hall didnt really have a lot of choices.

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ImAWizard View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses.

Here is what I currently eat:
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit and 1 scoop whey with milk add PB, maybe some more fruit or cereal
    Lift: take whey with milk pwoadd carbs here, cereal/granola/candy bar
    Lunch: Peanutbutter sandwich and milk add a second sandwich, or make it bigger
    Snack: almonds and grapes
    Dinner: chicken breast, ground beef, or and pasta with vegtables and milk
    Then i will usually snack on more almonds or make a sandwich.

Should I be keeping track of my overall macronutrients? Before this I have pretty much just dirty bulked since the dining hall didnt really have a lot of choices.
    no need, it can be nice to have a rough idea of calories - but fumbling with numbers too much is tedious and unnecessary.

If you aren't gaining weight with what you're currently eating, you simply need to eat more.

I added a few recs in bold, it really doesn't look like you're eating much at all.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When it comes to calories, you can't go past oats and rice. They are cheap and nutritious.

The most expensive part is getting high quality protein. Theres no way really around that.
    Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/timothyjay_fitness/

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    no need, it can be nice to have a rough idea of calories - but fumbling with numbers too much is tedious and unnecessary.

If you aren't gaining weight with what you're currently eating, you simply need to eat more.

I added a few recs in bold, it really doesn't look like you're eating much at all.
    Thanks for all of the help I will make sure to add in your recommendations.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    walmart has 2 pound of 'body fortess' protien mix..52 grms per serving, 14.99$

NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hamburger helper. around $3-5 for a box plus meat. easily covers 2-3 meals a day and had awesome macros.

Otherwise walmart supercenters have chicken breast always at 1.78/lb and 5 dozen eggs for 7-8 bucks. Their tuna is also super cheap.
    My training log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=639267583#post639267583

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Rodzilla has the right idea
    Here are some other cheap ideas for variety

Breakfasts: eggs with LF cheese/cottage cheese
    make french toast/pancakes (eggs and flour are dirtcheap)

Lunch: Peanutbutter sludge and banana sandwich
    Snack: make your own trailmix with dry fruit nuts, granola/favorite dry cereal
    Dinner: ground beef,rice and beans with canned tomaotes
    chili/stews (meat,potato,veg)
    chicken breast,sweet potato w/PB, salad w/ oil

IMO dry beansis one of the best things you can buy because they are as cheap as most carb sources but have the added protein (which ismore $)
    Last edited by determined4000; 02-05-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by NattyMeso View Post
    Hamburger helper. around $3-5 for a box plus meat. easily covers 2-3 meals a day and had awesome macros.
    Or you could make your own for 1/2 the price
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000) NattyMeso is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    Or you could make your own for 1/2 the price
    $3-5 including beef. Hard to find 90/10 ground beef cheaper and $4/lb I can get 80/20 all day for around 2-3.50/lb
    My training log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=639267583#post639267583

mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000) mileseperez is just really nice. (+1000)
    go to sams club or bj's whole sale whatever you have around you when i go i spend maybe 80-90 bucks last me little over 2 weeks

2 10lb bags chicken breast - 40bucks
    2 5lb bags frozen broccoli - 10 bucks
    2 5lb bags oats - 10 buck
    2 5 dozen eggs 12 bucks
    2 3 lb frozen talipa - 18 bucks
    10 lb bag potato 6 bucks

i get everything in bulk but i buy my steak and pasta at whole foods only bc i can get the people to cut me 6 7oz pieces so i dont have to cut it and mess it all up all i do come home and scale to make sure and the pasta at sams and stuff they dont sell whole wheat only regular so ya hope that helps man