Thread: Treadmill

malkeyh1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Treadmill

Hi, everyone. I am new here and I have a question. I want to buy a treadmill for my home, but I want my husband to be able to use it too, and he weighs 350 lbs. All of the treadmills that I have looked at that have a 350lb or more weight capacity are way out of our price range. Does anyone know if it is safe for a 350lb person to use a treadmill with a weight capacity of 300lbs? He would mostly be using it for walking and I would be using it for running.

remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50) remdra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no no no and no

a 300lbs tested wil have a hard time supporting that, however if the structure support it, the motor will blow in no time

i dont want to be hard, but in your condition, you need to get your hand in your pocket ( wishing that it is deep ) because, paying twice to save a few buck is certainly not the cheapest way

pay a good price for a good treadmill right off the start
    what i am suggesting you

-3hp motor AT LEAST, under that it will blow right away, you will have trouble having it replace without paying because they will say ( i know what im talking about ) it was not used for what it was designed for....

-welded structure stay away from folding one ( for whatever use it is for a folding treadmill is in my mind cheap.... )

-350lbs tested minimun, 400lbs would be the way to go
    after that test them and see how it react

i mean a 350lbs guy on a treadmill result high force against the struture, it is important to have something solid and that will take the stress too
    light weight baby