• love it

327 28.58%
  • intrested

683 59.70%
  • heck no i like food

174 15.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Warrior Diet st and lose 20lbs fast while adding muscle

Whats up guys, so I had surgery and was out for 4 weeks. I said the hell with it and ate all the crap food i wanted. Now im beginning my diet called the warrior diet. I used to eat similar to this back in high school and college wrestling but there is a book on it wrote by a man named Ori Hoffmekler. Basically it consists of a controlled fast during the day (500 cals or less of easy digesting proteins and only post workout carbs) and a 1500-2000 calorie dinner. Basically carbs blunt natural growth hormone and testosterone and spike insulin. so by keeping carbs low all day you burn more fat due to having elevated test and GH levels. at night since that is when you growth is done any way you are able to have a more effective insulin spike due to high carb dinner and a belly full of nutrients due to 1500-2000 calorie dinner. therefor more growth while sleeping. I will keep log and photo updates for my progress but i expect to once again reach a 31 waist and 18 1/2 arms at 188 and 6%bf.

Also i attached a photo of my first week on this diet i lost 1 1/2 inches in my waist and dropped from 212 to 206. Of course the fist week is mostly water and glycogen and food. remember i wrestled D1 lol
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Studdmuffin; 02-05-2011 at 01:41 PM.

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do a search for intermittent fasting.

/closethread

Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

done it

ya man i should have posted my credentials i have two trainer ***** a nutrition cert and im on my way to finishing my degree in Bio. I have already done this diet and reach 192 at 5% with a 31 waist and 18 1/2 inch arms this log is for those who doubt intermittent fasting.

also if anyone has any questions about the diet let me know and ill answer to the best of my knowledge.

Originally Posted by coals View Post
    Do a search for intermittent fasting.

/closethread
    Last edited by Studdmuffin; 02-05-2011 at 02:45 PM.

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    After re-reading your first post, I understand why you're in the red... lol.

lol ya man I was on a couch for two weeks straight being served ice cream and donuts and pizza. the best thing i ate for that time was a multi vitamin haha today is my once a week cheet day so i will hit between 5000-8000 cals followed by a more intense fast tomorrow. then monday will be back to normal warrior diet.

Originally Posted by coals View Post
    After re-reading your first post, I understand why you're in the red... lol.

start of second week

so for all reading my measure ments when i started were
    36 1/2 waist
    17 arms flexed
    chest dont care last i checked it was 49

end of first week
    35 waist
    17 1/2 arms flexed

supplement regiment im starting this week im running
    Test Charge from AAEFX
    green tea
    3g of carnitine preworkout
    caffeine free hypershock from Myogenix
    Xtend BBAAs
    Isobolic from Nutrabolics

If you guys want to know where to get these things cheep i went to thesupplementclub.com. Yea you have to pay a 5$ a month membership if you want the fatty discount but test charge at GNC is 75$ and its 35$ at the site so its worth its to me. Any way enough about that, this week my goals are to reach a 34 waist and down 5 on the scale

Todays lifts

so today was chest and back day and my workouts went as follows:
    CHEST
    BENCH:1x225 for 15
    2x315 for 5
    1x365 for 3
    1xsuperset drop set at 385 for 1-315 for 4-225 lost count-135 didnt count lol and pushups.
    INCLINE BECH: 4x225 to 1rep before failure
    CABLE FLY'S: 4xfailure superset each with pushups

BACK
    PULLUPS: 4x10wide grip
    2x10close grip
    2x10inside grip
    BENT OVER ROWS: 4xfailure at 135. I do this just to keep a strong back mine is messed up from wrestling and lifting heavy in the past ( used to do 2x5 at 315)
    LAYING PULLUPS: (basically lay under a smith and pull chest to bar)
    4xfailure superset with pushups
    CABLE ROWS: 2x8 225

I will update my weight loss every saturday and strength gain every two weeks. Mind you I dont use PH's nor do i juice but between my diet, intensity, the supp list above i do expect to lose quick and add some seize.

Lastly my diet for yesturday and probably today.

7am coffee
    11am shake at 240 cals 35g protein 9gcarbs
    3pm shake at the same
    3:30 gym(just stair master for 15min) with 4 scoups of xtend
    6:00 12oz steak small baked potatoe full can of chillie beans and a large salad with a chicken leg
    9:00 isobolic shake with one scoup of UP YOUR MASS and 1tbs of PB
    woke up 1.5 lighter so hoping for the same tomorrow. ASK any questions you might have please.

had to run to work so no photos today but will do tomorrow. down to 203 strength still going up. Just going to hit a sand run today and chill

whats funny about this forum is im having people message me about it but not post in it. and no one has steeped up to argue about under eating all day. I'm kinda bummed about that

venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) venger_satanis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I support your goals and methodology, hoss. Keep at it!

One question though... why a scoop of Up Your Mass if you're trying to lose weight? Wouldn't a scoop of Whey or Casein protein be better?

VS
    www.CultofCthulhu.net

not if your cals are so low during the day. my goal is to still reach between 1800-2400 cals a day but by doing a controlled fast you are running off your sympathetic nervous system and losing more fat tissue and with the over eating faze you spike your thyroid and maintain thyroid levels.

Originally Posted by venger_satanis View Post
    I support your goals and methodology, hoss. Keep at it!

One question though... why a scoop of Up Your Mass if you're trying to lose weight? Wouldn't a scoop of Whey or Casein protein be better?

VS

totally spaced on the up date pics sorry to those following. I have kicked up my cardio this week and im down to 202. should be looking at 198 by this weekend. i will have new updated pics then. strength also still going up. loving the warrior diet. once i get back to 190 i will swap out breads for donuts. Thats right DONUTS still eating fruits and veggies of course but my bread carbs will be from donuts

So my update is as follows

weight 201-down 11 pounds but seize gains appearent
    waist-34
    arms witha pump flexed 18 1/4 relaxed is 16 3/4
    chest is getting more shredded still at a 48 inch though

Im picking up my cardio now a typical day for me is now(mind you somtines i have to adjust around school and work:

7am coffee and devotional
    8:30am gym with xtend aminos and hypershock for pre
    10:00am 1 scoup of isobolic 5g of glutamine 6oz of Orange Juice
    (the days im off) 1pm 2 mile run on bike path 1 mile in sand and a 5min stair sprint
    4pm coach wrestling and wrestling live for about 1 hour at a high intensity
    -I drink aminos the whole time and if i ever get hungary i have a nonfat greek yogurt with 2 splendas and sliced straw berries-
    6pm start with a big green salad and then feast time for the next 3 hours 1500 calories usually and 110-130 grams of protein and 80-110 grams of carbs.
    Attached Images

Hylton21 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Damn bro! Nice job! I've been waiting for an update... I'm considering this diet. Just needed to see some visuals. I'm pretty damn convinced!

leaderbeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leaderbeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leaderbeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leaderbeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leaderbeans has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow man! good job

lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lac38780 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Awesome work man. I've been considering doing this diet for a while now. I think i'll give it a shot when i start cutting for real.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

"Never do an enemy a small injury" Niccolo Machiavelli

Live unapolagetically.

Its not that complicated, Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.

ya man its funny how it really works. you still need to meet your daily totals but your body utilizes everything more efficiently. I can get more in detail on any questions. Or if you google 'warrior diet Iron addicts' the iron addicts already has a full detailed forum explaining everything.
    Originally Posted by Hylton21 View Post
    Damn bro! Nice job! I've been waiting for an update... I'm considering this diet. Just needed to see some visuals. I'm pretty damn convinced!

ya dood and the best part for cutting is you never go to bead starving. even the nights you drop your carbs your dinner will still be around 60-80 grams in a 1-4 hour window. Let me know if you have any questions man.

Originally Posted by lac38780 View Post
    Awesome work man. I've been considering doing this diet for a while now. I think i'll give it a shot when i start cutting for real.

Registered User charlievanriper's Avatar
    charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Great work man, been doing the same ( somewhat adapted for my particular needs) but definately all of ORI's concepts are amazing. I have made unbeleivable changes to my physique on this ( kinda have mixed Keto and Paleo with ORI's views and created my own Idea) but the same 1 meal at night, 1 meal post w/o, low carb, and light forced fasting thru the day. I have added fresh vegtable juice during my contest prep. These concepts have brought me from a 38 in belly measurement to a 31.25 measurement this morning 21 days out from my first show.

Keep it up and you will be back in no time. Rock on my friend Rock on.
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

"FUC JOE BIDEN & ALL DEMOCRATS, SCHUMER IS A TRAITOR. TRUMP 2024"

*Current Weight & Thread w/ Video's*
    Weight / 185.6
    [url]https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179727593[/url]

sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sophiqa007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome ! glad it is working out for you . it seems to make sense , i can't wait to read the book. keep up the good work. mmmmmmm donuts ! good stuff
    “He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.”

thats freakn sick man. I love hearing peoples success stories. Pluss I knew there had to be a way to not have to stuff your self to maintain or even grow. I hated eating all the time and feel bloated and breathing hard just cause my gut was full. Pluss i hated to live a second life in the kitchen. And im starting to do a bit more research in the areas you already have so im glad to know youve seen success in them. Best luck on your first show man.

Originally Posted by charlievanriper View Post
    Great work man, been doing the same ( somewhat adapted for my particular needs) but definately all of ORI's concepts are amazing. I have made unbeleivable changes to my physique on this ( kinda have mixed Keto and Paleo with ORI's views and created my own Idea) but the same 1 meal at night, 1 meal post w/o, low carb, and light forced fasting thru the day. I have added fresh vegtable juice during my contest prep. These concepts have brought me from a 38 in belly measurement to a 31.25 measurement this morning 21 days out from my first show.

Keep it up and you will be back in no time. Rock on my friend Rock on.

yup yup. just make sure your carbs are still in range and your straight

Originally Posted by sophiqa007 View Post
    awesome ! glad it is working out for you . it seems to make sense , i can't wait to read the book. keep up the good work. mmmmmmm donuts ! good stuff

Dimik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good job bro! This may be the diet ive been looking for to hit my goal! Ive been on a diet since november and the past 2-3 weeks i hit a plateau! Thanks for this!

charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) charlievanriper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Studdmuffin View Post
    thats freakn sick man. I love hearing peoples success stories. Pluss I knew there had to be a way to not have to stuff your self to maintain or even grow. I hated eating all the time and feel bloated and breathing hard just cause my gut was full. Pluss i hated to live a second life in the kitchen. And im starting to do a bit more research in the areas you already have so im glad to know youve seen success in them. Best luck on your first show man.

Thx man keep in touch, if you do ******** come join me, I have put together a great group of friends thier. Great supportive Athletes both Bodybuilders and Powerlifters from all over the World.
    Officially 65yrs old, Beef eating Conservative, Trump Loving Anti-Abortion Anti-Liberal, Pro Israel Christian MAN IF YOU don't like it or me SCREW YOU, I DON'T CARE. I lift heavy ass weight w/o the use of DRUGS / TRT or ANY unnatural assistance, I Own & Support Gun Ownership

Weight / 185.6

Skinnyguns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

Dude, this looks good and im tempted to try it, but what happens when you stop and resume normal eating habits? is it like a crash diet where you will add it all back once you stop fasting?

Originally Posted by Skinnyguns View Post
    Dude, this looks good and im tempted to try it, but what happens when you stop and resume normal eating habits? is it like a crash diet where you will add it all back once you stop fasting?

Health is a lifestyle Skinny, you change the way you think and the way you eat. When you accomplish your goal just adapt the concepts to ever changing habits. after you reach your goal have a cheat meal occasionally, just learn and experiment as I have and am sure that Studdmuffin has done. Its a life of adaptation. Long term if you can stick with the concept would be healthy, but as you said if you reach your goal and jump back to your old eating habits I am sure you would gain weight ( unsure how much as I have adapted this style eating to an everyday lifelong adventure).

Weight / 185.6

Ori in the book says you will become more efficient on the days that you do eat normal. its not a crash diet. the dinner is kinda like a load for the next day. you dont have to quit this diet and really most people dont want to once they get it down. Days like sunday after church my fam all go out to eat together and maybe once a week ill just eat say "normal?" but i still dont add weight but it does throw off my eating. I know people who do this year round. And your not starving your just only eating durring the day when you need to. like say wake up have just a shake. couple hours later your hungary eat some nuts or celery and pb. couple hours later have a nonfat greek yogurt(140cals 24 grams protein 9 g carb) and some sliced straw berries. and then you dig dinner. Obviously the more you eat durring the day the less you can eat durring you 2-4 hour dinner faze.

Originally Posted by Skinnyguns View Post

yea hes right. If your fat then diet and lose it. then eat the way you used to.....your going to be fat its true of any diet. thats just the way the cookie crumbles haha

Health is a lifestyle Skinny, you change the way you think and the way you eat. When you accomplish your goal just adapt the concepts to ever changing habits. after you reach your goal have a cheat meal occasionally, just learn and experiment as I have and am sure that Studdmuffin has done. Its a life of adaptation. Long term if you can stick with the concept would be healthy, but as you said if you reach your goal and jump back to your old eating habits I am sure you would gain weight ( unsure how much as I have adapted this style eating to an everyday lifelong adventure).

Originally Posted by Studdmuffin View Post
    yea hes right. If your fat then diet and lose it. then eat the way you used to.....your going to be fat its true of any diet. thats just the way the cookie crumbles haha
    lol,

21 days out I am eating a little more during the day to get my protien levels. I am trying to get 24 gr protein every 3 hrs for 7 daily meals. Juices asparagus and brocolli and celery in order to get veggies and some level of fiber. then the bigger meal at night allows me more protien and catches me up with my desired macros. I am going to run this for this comming week and see where I am at then make a decision as to whether I am over or under my desired progress projection.

For the last 4 weeks I have been strict on the Warrior diet forced fasting during the day with nuts, celery, even Ostrich meat beef sticks for snacks and eating 1 meal post training and 1 meal at night, but I was losing weight to fast so I had to adapt this program and see how it goes.
    Last edited by charlievanriper; 02-20-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Weight / 185.6

ya dood ill look you up on fb. and if your interested me n some friends just released our own supp site thesupplementclub.com so check it out n let me see what you think. Our techs are working on the set up today because they set it up where you creat an account and then it takes you to a membership selection instead of our procust page. you dont have to select one but until they fix it youll just have to click our products to see the pices. butto give you a ballpark idea our 5lb myofusion is 36.99 bb.com is on sale for 41
    lol