JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Proper / SAFE way to come back from broken arm?

So I broke my arm (left humeris / upper arm) 2 weeks ago on an epic squat fail lol. Fell off balance and got knocked over. I originally thougt the bar hit me on the way down, but now I just think it was an arkward fall into the wall that did it.

Anyways, I'm out for months ... before, I was kinda scrwny (IMHO lol), but good strength for my scrawny size... 185/205/205/230 (only got 1 or 2 @ 230, rest were about 8) was my weights for bench, MP was 125x8,140x8x2,155x4, squat was 330 5,5,2, dl was 390 x 1 or 2.

What is the right /safe way to come back in terms of weight / routine? Obviosly I don't want to start at the same weights, but should I go super light (like bar only) and add weight every set or workout? or medium light? or just reset everything a bit? or kind of play it by ear, etc? I.e 390 on the DL was supr heavy for me, but starting at bar and add 10lbs a week would take like a year to get back and seems overkill.

Some other posts I've seen say increase weights at a rate to take 3 - 4 months to get back to the old strength? etc.

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've broken my right arm 4 times. Three operations, and once when the bone popped out. Last one was April 2009 and I was weak as ****. I took it real easy for about 4 months and then just started to hammer it. Make sure you do some good grip work. I was climbing 1.5 and even a 3 inch rope, doing sledgehammer work and wheelbarrow carries. I started deadlifting heavy off the blocks and I never use straps

My arm is strong now - still stings sometimes but I can easily do a 200lb right hand deadlift, and a 120lb right arm clean and push press with a standard barbell

So the best advice I can give is do the grip work!
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik

JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnBlaze5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    4 times??? WTF???

I had / have the option of an operation (steel plate + lots o screws), but decided against it. The bones are only like 1cm out of alignment and the doc said the hanging cast / leave it vs surgery will have just about the same end result as surgery. I'll have a bit of a funky x-ray though when I go through the airport lol, but thats better then a 7" scar on my arm.

You didn't have casts? Did you have a lot of atrophy?

I'm trying to eat at maintenence + keep up protein, but I'm staying with my parents now and they pretty much refuse to feed me 2000 - 2500 cals lol. Once I get out of this big ass cast, I'll move back home and eat "normal" again.

I think I've lost like 5lbs in 2 weeks .

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah I had atrophy, I've got 4 plates and quite a few screws. The best advice I can give is don't stop working.

I had casts each time and I would get real out of shape - if you look at my bodyspace, I did a log of how I got back in shape after just a couple of weeks from loosing the cast
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik

Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Workhard20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Ouch

I broke every bone in my wrist and it was hard coming back to work out. You have to be very cautious and safe. Don't rush back into anything. You will be weaker & be frustrated. I was very upset when my bench max and everything else (involving) my arms went down. The only thing to do is workout but don't over do it. Just because your cast is off doesn't mean its not fragile and can't break again. I prefer to drink a lot of milk and take calcium pills to make the bone stronger faster.

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. Axe your doctor
    2. Break his arms
    3. Arm replacement therapy