Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by midniteOG View Post
    interestin day at the gym.... ill usually use this machine to warm up, and then at times, load an extra 45;bs weight on it, to equal out 350lbs.... guess after about a year of that, and other use (college gym) it took its toll b/c today, i broke it! lol. snapped the welds that hold the "thigh pads" and bent that whole bar back...

the part "squared" in red:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

snapped the welds clear at the bottom there and bent it back about 3 inches....
    LoL Nice man, I like to imagine myself bending the machines but I guess you took it to the next level.
    You may delay, but time will not.
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task.
    Don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.
    Yesterday is a cancelled cheque. Tomorrow is a promissory note. Today is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely.
    If you do give up though just think. The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

misc lyfe aint no strife midniteOG's Avatar
    midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jetlynk View Post
    LoL Nice man, I like to imagine myself bending the machines but I guess you took it to the next level.
    lol hell ya man! like i said, a year of me using it plus other people... one day bro, you'll do it!

Originally Posted by TheProgressiveOne View Post
    hhahahahaha beastly bro!!
    lol thanks brah..

**ill bring my phone tomorrow and try n snap pics...
    *****official misc photography crew *****

The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_P will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    luckily my Pr's are starting to go up again for my 5 rep maxes and ive recently gained 10 lbs from 130 to 140.

My squat has got to 290x5but am now cycling for better form(form's not terrible but could still be better)

My bench i was stuck at 175x5 and recently got to 185 and i almost got 190x5 but will retry next week again because i know i can get it.

My deadlift is going up, im at 370x5 but i know i can at least get to 390 with in the next couple months but hoping to get 405x5 but it will be really hard.

All around im feeling good.

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hit 265 x 8 on my deads this morning after 2 other sets of 6...

not a maximum PR, but thats the highest reps at that weight ive ever done.

Will be comin back here in 5 months with 365 x 8

MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeB1978 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well 2 Personal Records broken this week #1 first time below 250 lbs. in about 4 years #2 500 lb. Leg press my previous record was 450 and that was almost 10 years ago. Maybe not much for some people but a huge step for me! Lost 20 lbs so far in the last 8 weeks
    "Obstacles are the things we see when we take our eyes off of our goals"

Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Hamzzza has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    started squatting 3 months ago, 50kg(110pounds) 1RM, now 110kg(148) big achievement for me .

has a good size pen0r backbrahh's Avatar
    backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) backbrahh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hamzzza View Post
    started squatting 3 months ago, 50kg(110pounds) 1RM, now 110kg(148) big achievement for me .
    Nice work dude..I repped out 20kg DBS today

DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

New PR's...

New PR Squat=477lbs. (225 x's 20 reps)
    New PR Deadlift=409lbs. (250 x's 15 reps)

Eager to pick up some captain of crush and develop more grip strength
    because I know that deadlift is just a sitting duck waiting to get knocked off once
    I get the grip stronger.
    Discover the Secrets of Healthy Fitness Plus...
    => http://HealthyFitnessPlus.com

TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice work doug!!!

why is ur squat so much higher than ur dead??

DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DougBarger is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Cool

Nice work doug!!!

why is ur squat so much higher than ur dead??
    Thanks mate.

It didn't use to be. I know I can pull more, but I start to lose my grip strength at 4 plates.

So it's time to work on increasing my grip strength.

And since I can just let the barbell rest on my traps for the squat,
    there's no grip issue there of holding onto the bar.

I had picked up some of those hand grippers but took them back because the top kept sliding off and there was no negative resistance (had to open them back up for each rep).

But I've been hearing and reading good things about those captain of crush hand grippers so will probably give those a go next and work on increasing grip strength so that my grip can catch up to the weight I know I can pull when I can hold on to the bar.

Now I just have to decide if I'll stick with those hand grippers all the way through the progression to where it's crazy like 365lbs. per hand with an intimidatingly firm handshake that gives a psychological advantage like I've got something to prove every time I meet someone. (just joking about that last part).
    Discover the Secrets of Healthy Fitness Plus...
    => http://HealthyFitnessPlus.com

Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Got 410 on deadlift last night at the gym... Stoked
    "No need for a plan B, it's only a distraction from plan A"

6 x 90kg squats this morning!!

not long til i reach my goal of 120kg which i planned to hit in June..but now may come a lot sooner

jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jetlynk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    6 x 90kg squats this morning!!

not long til i reach my goal of 120kg which i planned to hit in June..but now may come a lot sooner
    Congratz on the squats,

But I do have to bring up one point about your avatar, you do realize that your making a blood gang symbol with a blue hoodie which is the color of the crips.
    Don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work.
    Yesterday is a cancelled cheque. Tomorrow is a promissory note. Today is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely.
    If you do give up though just think. The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Congratz on the squats,

But I do have to bring up one point about your avatar, you do realize that your making a blood gang symbol with a blue hoodie which is the color of the crips.
    its a black hoodie brah...

i might have to change the blood to a crip sign

pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pipqpi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BP: 270lbs
    72 push-ups in 2 minutes
    25 pull ups
    13:14 2-mile run.
    28:09 4-mile run

DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000) DJake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not a weightlifting PR, but it came from weightlifting. Ever since my sophomore year in college in 2000 I've weighed above 210. In 2005 I got up to 248, started doing tons of cardio but no weights, and went down to 211. Started dating a girl, lost focus, went back up to 249 within 3 years.

I made a huge move, from Chicago to Phoenix area in October of 2009, and along with a new job, new home, and new friends, I decided I needed to get back in shape. I worked my ass off, and started hitting weights and combining that with cardio, and as of February 24th, I hit 209!!! Never been so happy, and now I'm sitting at 207, working my ass of to get to sub-200 for the first time since high school. Should be by the end of the month! So that's my (since soph college) PR!

misc lyfe aint no strife midniteOG's Avatar
    midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i did it brahs! broke the 25 min mark on the 3 mile jog!!!

(treadmill) 3 mile jog, 3 incline = 24:14.

also, started incline benching and got 195lbs for 6 reps easy.

**wish the scale at the gym was working, starting to get hella veiny and abs are showing hard. was at 194lbs about 2 weeks ago. havent weight myself since.... bring it on swim suit season!
    *****official misc photography crew *****

damn that is some good running midnite og!!

going for a deadlift PR tomoz...working with 130kg x 4 for my first 2 sets..then all out for the next set..Hoping 6!!! fkn pumped.

sclerotherapy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can anyone say which will be the right number of pushups for begineers...

Originally Posted by sclerotherapy View Post
    can anyone say which will be the right number of pushups for begineers...
    As many as you can with a strait back?

DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeronD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've started doing a few warm up sets for deads then doing x5 x3 x1, a couple days ago I got 5x415, 3x435, and 1x455, never deadlifted 455 before, it was awesome. Straps, no belt though.
    Life Goals:
    1. Get yoked.
    2. Die.

...50% isn't so bad.

keep them PR's comin people...we wanna hear bout ur efforts.

HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000)
    SICKKK THREAD!

New PR for me:

300x5 on benchpress
    100sx6 on dumbbell shoulder press

going for the 135's on dumbbell chest press this Friday. I will keep you all posted
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars; glory lasts forever.

holy crap...135lb dummies...

Hope uve got a spotter to help you get them up...

And a solid floor to drop them on hahaha

135 DB's damn man, I was wondering how hard it would be to get 100lb DBs ready to go up. Keep us posted on how it goes.

HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000) HALTEH is just really nice. (+1000)
    holy crap...135lb dummies...

Hope uve got a spotter to help you get them up...

And a solid floor to drop them on hahaha
    135 DB's damn man, I was wondering how hard it would be to get 100lb DBs ready to go up. Keep us posted on how it goes.
    Will do, brahs!

Also, set a new PR yesterday! 455 on the deadlift for two repssss!

Theprogressiveone - 10/3/2011 - 140kg x 5 for deadlifts!!

Alright, boys ............ I attempted the 135 lbs dumbbells andd.......

No e-stat
    No lie

No Video/Picture, I'm sorry. I had it planned to take a video the whole time, but got so caught up in the moment and trying to psych myself out, it didnt even cross my mind when I got there.

5 reps, no help with the spot up!

Super super super stoked.

/brag

Originally Posted by HALTEH View Post
    Alright, boys ............ I attempted the 135 lbs dumbbells
    thats awesome dude!!! good effort!!

i pushed 80kg x 3 on incline bench yesdy!!

moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moneyrich has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    deadlift 3months ago:70lbx5
    deadlift now:205x5
    feels good man.