Dinocookies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

loose skin or fat?

i went from 250 to 170-175 eating healthier and lots of cardio i just started lifting weights. im 6 foot 18 years old i was just wondering if i can get a visible six pack or is it loose skin. if its fat i would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to get rid of it.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dinocookies; 02-04-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000) Colibra is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks to be a combination of both. IMO you should start a clean bulk, then drop the bf to <10 and see where you're at.
    100lb + Lost Crew

Former Fat-ass Crew

chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ditch the cardio, start a program like max-ot, eat a ton (this will be psychologically a barrier for you at first since it goes against what got you here, until you see the changes) and re-cut in 3 mos.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dinocookies View Post
    i went from 250 to 170-175 eating healthier and lots of cardio i just started lifting weights. im 6 foot 18 years old i was just wondering if i can get a visible six pack or is it loose skin. if its fat i would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to get rid of it.
    I'd say a little bit of both as well, but more residual fat than loose skin (been there myself; I lost ~ 180# my freshman and 0.5 sophomore year of college). You may have a little bit of difficulty getting a good show in the lower abdominal area (relative to others) but you can get to a pretty good place with time. Abs are primarily about body fat and it has to be low low low to really get them to show in full. That skin will tighten up some over time and you'll find that the pooch will diminish along with it. Put on muscle mass (you're going to have to eat, and since you just lost all of that weight, it's going to be hard psychologically to eat enough - try fitday.com for calorie & macro tracking), it will pull the skin tight, increase your metabolic rate, increase testosterone levels, etc., all of which will help you reach your goal(s).

Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jetvictor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As what they said. Unless you prefer to be a real skinny ass, you should go bulk now and start lifting weights. Gain up weight and muscles then start losing bodyfat again. You'll look much better and get that loose skin/fat off better. It's a combination of both. I've had the same experience except I was at 293 starting weight.

thx for the advice i defintly put it to good use. just hope my skin will tighten up dont have the cash to get it removed you kn :/

what would you say my bf% is?

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thx for the advice i defintly put it to good use. just hope my skin will tighten up dont have the cash to get it removed you kn :/
    Make the best of what you've got. When you are meeting your own goals, succeeding, and pushing forward your attitude, muscle, self confidence, what-have-you will more than make up for slightly less than perfect skin in your lower abdominal area.

Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    Make the best of what you've got. When you are meeting your own goals, succeeding, and pushing forward your attitude, muscle, self confidence, what-have-you will more than make up for slightly less than perfect skin in your lower abdominal area.
    thx ill keep that in mind

chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    oh God no, you're fine. Check this cat out who was exactly where you are and had to re-bulk and then cut to get the results. He's back to re-bulking I think. You may have to do several cut/bulk cycles to get what you want. And thats ok. Perhaps 4-6 mos?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131413813

Originally Posted by chickeneater View Post
    oh God no, you're fine. Check this cat out who was exactly where you are and had to re-bulk and then cut to get the results. He's back to re-bulking I think. You may have to do several cut/bulk cycles to get what you want. And thats ok. Perhaps 4-6 mos?

[/url]
    wow thats amazing

NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NICKPA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    strong bush op haha. seriously though youve come so far, keep going because it appears to be a bit of both loose skin and some fat.
    Db press 120x3 Bench 300 Squat 315 Dead 462
    Elevator constructors local 1

Originally Posted by NICKPA View Post
    strong bush op haha. seriously though youve come so far, keep going because it appears to be a bit of both loose skin and some fat.
    ha thx bro ill keep working my ass off

what do you think my bf% around?

humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if, when you pinch your skin and stretch it, it hurts then its likely to be fat. if not then its loose skin

conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50) conwaylucas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You will only get where you want to go if you stop the calorie deficit and stop the cardio. You need to put on some muscle.

I was formerly 300lbs and now 195 so yea I know about this. It has taken me over 3 years now from 300 to get to a very appealing physique.

I went 300 down to 182 then bulked to 201 then cut down to 190 then bulked to 195 then cut to 185 then bulked to 190 then got mono and ended at 173 then slowly but surely bulked back up to 200 then cut down to 191 and now very slow clean bulk to 195..... so yea but at least at your age your skin will most likely be fine if you stay hydrated and add some muscle to that frame.

Just think about it, if you add shoulder/chest muscle that pulls the skin up from your abdomen....

I accomplished the skinny fat look, now it is time to start clean eating A LOT. and lift like a maniac.
    Proud Member of the "I lost 100 Pounds Club"!

My Transformation Thread:
    .... new one coming soon!

Originally Posted by conwaylucas View Post
    You will only get where you want to go if you stop the calorie deficit and stop the cardio. You need to put on some muscle.

I was formerly 300lbs and now 195 so yea I know about this. It has taken me over 3 years now from 300 to get to a very appealing physique.

I went 300 down to 182 then bulked to 201 then cut down to 190 then bulked to 195 then cut to 185 then bulked to 190 then got mono and ended at 173 then slowly but surely bulked back up to 200 then cut down to 191 and now very slow clean bulk to 195..... so yea but at least at your age your skin will most likely be fine if you stay hydrated and add some muscle to that frame.

Just think about it, if you add shoulder/chest muscle that pulls the skin up from your abdomen....

I accomplished the skinny fat look, now it is time to start clean eating A LOT. and lift like a maniac.
    thx i just started lifting so hopefully in a couple of month ill start to see some progress. cardio just not doing it in more lol. any suggestions on how to bulk?

Originally Posted by humzah View Post
    if, when you pinch your skin and stretch it, it hurts then its likely to be fat. if not then its loose skin
    thx very informative

alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alleyezonme3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had the same problem as you, I was 190 with body fat around 24% and then I went to the lowest weight I could and it was 155 and body fat 10%, I had a lot of loose skin, so I did a bulk up to 185 and now I am doing a cut, you can try to get to the lowest weight you possibly can and then clean bulk or just bulk now and cut later.