Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Excalibuitar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Elbow (right only) pain with Bench press only

Last night's workout was good overall except for the bench press..

Squats 3x5 @ 95
    Bench 3x5 @ 95
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 105

My right elbow, I believe on the 2nd set, started to feel strained in about the middle of the reps, by that I mean the peak of the pain is about 8-10" off of my chest, either when pressing or lowering. There was a 'pop' kind of pain on the second to last rep in the last set, which caused me to be stuck with the weight on my chest for a second, and then perform a really bad form last rep to get it off. I am not sure if this is a form issue or what (pressing too far down on my chest? closer to the neck?), but this exact thing happened to me about 7-8 months ago when doing the exact same thing, only it happened at 105# not 95.

It doesn't really feel like a muscle pain. Not sure how to describe it. And, it wasn't really painful for more than a couple of seconds, but if I continued to press it would happen. Its not in pain today, but feels a little weird, I imagine it would hurt to bench right now.

If anyone has any ideas.. Thanks.
    Going to continue to move up in my overhead press tomorrow since that has never caused me any pain.

Also, worth noting again that it's only my right elbow for some reason, both times. I am right handed, so perhaps the division of weight has something to do with it if I am unconsciously lifting more with my right arm...?

powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Excalibuitar View Post
    Last night's workout was good overall except for the bench press..

Squats 3x5 @ 95
    Bench 3x5 @ 95
    Deadlift 1x5 @ 105

My right elbow, I believe on the 2nd set, started to feel strained in about the middle of the reps, by that I mean the peak of the pain is about 8-10" off of my chest, either when pressing or lowering. There was a 'pop' kind of pain on the second to last rep in the last set, which caused me to be stuck with the weight on my chest for a second, and then perform a really bad form last rep to get it off. I am not sure if this is a form issue or what (pressing too far down on my chest? closer to the neck?), but this exact thing happened to me about 7-8 months ago when doing the exact same thing, only it happened at 105# not 95.

It doesn't really feel like a muscle pain. Not sure how to describe it. And, it wasn't really painful for more than a couple of seconds, but if I continued to press it would happen. Its not in pain today, but feels a little weird, I imagine it would hurt to bench right now.

If anyone has any ideas.. Thanks.
    Going to continue to move up in my overhead press tomorrow since that has never caused me any pain.

Also, worth noting again that it's only my right elbow for some reason, both times. I am right handed, so perhaps the division of weight has something to do with it if I am unconsciously lifting more with my right arm...?
    1. Apply pain relief/warm up cream/gel to your elbow prior to workout
    2. Use Elbow supports for your workouts until the pain is gone
    3. Take joint supp with about 1.5 g of glucosamine, 1.2 g chondroitin, MSM 700-800 daily for 2-4 weeks
    Fitness Means Power!

Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jdancho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by powerpressure View Post
    1. Apply pain relief/warm up cream/gel to your elbow prior to workout
    2. Use Elbow supports for your workouts until the pain is gone
    3. Take joint supp with about 1.5 g of glucosamine, 1.2 g chondroitin, MSM 700-800 daily for 2-4 weeks
    Pain relief/ warm up gel is complete bull****. It is an analgesic cream that does nothing but warm the skin and give the patient the idea that this is helping and also helps empty the wallet. Completely unneeded and a waste.
    Elbow supports may help along with the joint supplements

All of this is treatment to help with pain but this does not help what causes the problem or help fix the problem.
    I would recommend that you see a doctor he is best qualified to give you medical advice instead of listening to bro science doctors that tell you to slap on some cream and cool braces and go to town.
    ~Determined~

FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE...

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Excalibuitar View Post
    ... Its not in pain today, but feels a little weird, I imagine it would hurt to bench right now...Going to continue to move up in my overhead press tomorrow since that has never caused me any pain.
    See a physician. There's obviously something amiss and just because it doesn't hurt in overhead presses now doesn't mean the already compromised joint or condition won't be worsened by more movement, or you won't drop the weight on your skull and cause even further injuries to other joints in the process of undertaking the compound movement. You can pass the point of no return in this business, but why would you want to?

powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) powerpressure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jdancho View Post
    Pain relief/ warm up gel is complete bull****. It is an analgesic cream that does nothing but warm the skin and give the patient the idea that this is helping and also helps empty the wallet. Completely unneeded and a waste.
    Elbow supports may help along with the joint supplements

All of this is treatment to help with pain but this does not help what causes the problem or help fix the problem.
    I would recommend that you see a doctor he is best qualified to give you medical advice instead of listening to bro science doctors that tell you to slap on some cream and cool braces and go to town.
    First, not all gel/creams are bad & allergic but its very individual. If you dunno whether you are allergic or not to some cream/gel components you can try a small amount of it and see. You won't die from that. Second, however they do not cure but they do help you bypass pain if you decide to continue training with pain.

I used Finalgon for my shoulders, elbows and wrists. It felt like your wrists are on fire so I didnt concentrate on pain.

I do not think the TS's elbow problem is serious since he describes it as a minor joint injury. So there's nothing to worry about. But if it gets worse sure he will have to see a doctor!
    Fitness Means Power!