gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)

cant get in to see a doctor for a week

ok guys/girls ive scewed my shoulder up. bench pressing tues night light warmup ,my shoulder was feeling alittle sore. went alittle heavier and it felt like my shoulder dislocated. like my shoulder just gave out. so needless to say that ended my workout. i havent lifted anything all week and my shoulder feels fine. i can raise it over my head/rotate no problems. so i tried some pushup and i get a sharp pain where from my arm pit and frt shoulder meet underneith to my back. i cant get in to see a doctor for a week just wanted to see if anyone else (which im sure) has had this happen? is this a rotator injury? and what kinda recovery time am i looking at?
    "STOP YOUR CRYIN AND SQUAT!"

GO DAWGS!! #1 BABY--NATIONAL CHAMPS THIS YEAR

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gabuilder View Post
    ok guys/girls ive scewed my shoulder up. bench pressing tues night light warmup ,my shoulder was feeling alittle sore. went alittle heavier and it felt like my shoulder dislocated. like my shoulder just gave out. so needless to say that ended my workout. i havent lifted anything all week and my shoulder feels fine. i can raise it over my head/rotate no problems. so i tried some pushup and i get a sharp pain where from my arm pit and frt shoulder meet underneith to my back. i cant get in to see a doctor for a week just wanted to see if anyone else (which im sure) has had this happen? is this a rotator injury? and what kinda recovery time am i looking at?
    I might be miscuing off the key-phrase 'felt like my shoulder dislocated' but my first thought was some tearing or fraying of the labrum or if in a certain place, what's called 'internal impingement.' I'll let others chime in who have a whole ton of experience with it; lots of labrum issues. I have "diffuse tears" which simply means I've beat the heck out of mine but not to the extent that it warrants any sort of surgery to reattach it.

Here are some RC tests you can do with a helper if you don't want to wait or just want to prep/learn some:

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...injury=rotator
    Last edited by mslman71; 02-03-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: clarification: Internal impingement

gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) gabuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    I might be miscuing off the key-phrase 'felt like my shoulder dislocated' but my first thought was some tearing or fraying of the labrum or what's called 'internal impingement.' I'll let others chime in who have a whole ton of experience with it; lots of labrum issues. I have "diffuse tears" which simply means I've beat the heck out of mine but not to the extent that it warrants any sort of surgery to reattach it.

Here are some RC tests you can do with a helper if you don't want to wait or just want to prep/learn some:

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...injury=rotator

thanks. i will try the test.
    "STOP YOUR CRYIN AND SQUAT!"

GO DAWGS!! #1 BABY--NATIONAL CHAMPS THIS YEAR