Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Army transformation!

Hey everyone, my name is Joe. I'm 19 and have been lifting weights seriously now for about 2 and a half years. Just recently, I decided to join the Army. I ship out for basic training on February 7th. What I am going to do is post a picture or two of me currently, and when I graduate basic training, I will post another picture to compare the before and after. I thought that would be pretty cool.

Anyways, here goes. These pictures are of me now.
    Attached Images

RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50) RunNakeDnECU will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JWeisend View Post
    Hey everyone, my name is Joe. I'm 19 and have been lifting weights seriously now for about 2 and a half years. Just recently, I decided to join the Army. I ship out for basic training on February 7th. What I am going to do is post a picture or two of me currently, and when I graduate basic training, I will post another picture to compare the before and after. I thought that would be pretty cool.

Your going to lose some muscle and look skinny as ****, seen it happen to a lot of my friends but you will be leaned out for sure. Good luck!

JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JWeisend has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks, man. I know I'll lose muscle mass, which is what I'm dreading most. At least when I get to AIT I should be able to start lifting again.

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for your service to the country.
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500) Hoochzilla is not very helpful. (-500)
    ut 'non solus vos faciam transmutatio, you'll quoque stupri rediturum fasciculum

che non è l'unica trasformazione che farai, potrai anche tornare un frocio cazzo

esa no es la única transformación que va a hacer, usted también va a volver un maricón de mierda

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What is your trade?
    *Good guy crew*
    *Cares about people crew*
    *Lifts for Strength crew*
    *MMA crew*
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Good solid physique. Big traps, shoulders and arms and good chest. Looking lean as well
    What are your lifts at the moment?
    You might lose mass on basic training, but your aerobic fitness will shoot through the roof, and when you get the chance to lift heavy and eat well again, you'll pack on loads more quality muscle.
    Great job so far!
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone! I am going to be a machinist. I know it doesn't sound as cool now, but I wanted to pick up a trade during my time in that I can apply in the civilian World.

As for my current routine, I'm doing a slightly modified version of Jim Stoppanis mint condition workout from Muscle and Fitness magazine.

tadamson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some good mass you're starting with; nice work.
    Also, god bless you for your service to our country.

Neffle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neffle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neffle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neffle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neffle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Neffle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice work dude!!

Again, I can't say thanks enough for all the encouraging words from everyone. This is the result of working out roughly six days a week. I know I don't have the rep power or knowledge of some folks around here, but I'm willing to answer any questions one might have in regards to my physique and how I obtained and maintain it. And hopefully I'll have some cool Army workouts to share after basic.

bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are going to lose a lot of muscle man.. trust me.. no sleep and a lot of cardio and crazy exercises. "the flutter kick; ready move"..lol

Oh yea I already know about those flutter kicks. And the burpees and pushups. Those are the recruiters favorite exercises to punish us with. I know it will be worse in basic though.

ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000) ninjai_ruken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You wont necessarily lose mass bro, They feed you well during training. At least they did when I went through OSUT at Ft. Benning back in 2000. You really need to pick what you eat carefully if you want to maintain some Mass. I was 6'4 234 Lbs when I graduated High School. I played Football and Hockey all through High School. When I Turned Blue I was 229 lbs. I had lost a tiny bit of mass but I was stronger and way more shredded as most of what i lost was BF. Some people lose a **** ton of mass or gain a lot of weight. It all just depends on what and how you are eating. Sometimes you wont get a choice on what you eat (Like when you eat in the field)

Edit: Only reason I am 6'2 now is I had 7 Vertebrae Fused back in 06
    11B Airborne
    ██ █ ★ █ ██
    "You whip out a couple of swords at your ex-girlfriends wedding. They will never, ever forget it"

School: Toushi Kan Martial Arts
    ~Full Contact Karate
    ~Judo
    ~BJJ
    ~Aikido
    ~A Little Combat Self Defense (Real World Self Defense)

wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wiser1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dude you done well
    and well done on serving the country
    solid brah
    ''My advice is to go into something and stay with it until you like it. You can't like it until you obtain expertise in that work. And once you are an expert, it's a pleasure.''

"Okay as you are aware Cows are now infected with foot and mouth all over europe, do you think eggs will be alright to eat still?" TopBoyNow

Evilsleeve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evilsleeve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evilsleeve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking forward to seeing your progress after basic. Thank you for serving as well.

I appreciate everyone who is thankful for my service, even though I haven't left yet. Couple more days! But in case anyone was wondering, my stats are around 5' 8" 173pounds. I am borderline overweight compared to Army standards. Oh well though, they'll tape me and I'm sure my body fat percentage will be low enough. I hope so at least!

jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jbure11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    solid look right now bro just try to keep track of calories best you can and watch weight your to avoid losing mass
    thankful for your service, god bless

As far as counting calories it'll be pretty hard during basic, but I'm sure I wont be getting enough. That's why I'm hoping the desserts wont be gone by the time I get to them. LOL. If it means retaining some mass I'll take in any calories (and unfortunately, sugar) I can get.

Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000)
    As far as counting calories it'll be pretty hard during basic, but I'm sure I wont be getting enough. That's why I'm hoping the desserts wont be gone by the time I get to them. LOL. If it means retaining some mass I'll take in any calories (and unfortunately, sugar) I can get.
    you aren't serious about getting dessert in basic right..?? lol

also, counting calories is gonna be the furthest thing from your mind. keep your head down and shovel in as much as you can.

Yea a buddy of mine that went to the same place I'm going, Fort Jackson, said that unless you're noticably overweight you get dessert.

Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yea a buddy of mine that went to the same place I'm going, Fort Jackson, said that unless you're noticably overweight you get dessert.
    oh lawd im in the air force and even at our bmt you don't dare get dessert.. damn army basic getting soft?

Yes, unfortunately it is. Especially where I'm going. Its known as relaxin Jackson LOL. Even so, I'm going there prepared just in case it isn't as relaxin as they say.

Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mafioso76 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    Thanks for your service to the country.
    this

polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000) polkster84 is a name known to all. (+5000)

on spread right now....reps for joining when off.
    www.boostmyself.com - My self improvement ramblings.

I'm curious polkster. Do you happen to know your before and after basic training weight?

Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Twenty47 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i remember i had a buddy who was like 6 foot 240 thick as hell. hit like 365 on bench. came back for the first time sitting at like 180 lol. good luck on keeping that mass

realsuttle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck with everything man! I was at Ft. Jackson in '03-'04. I went in at 140lbs and put on 20lbs at the end of the 9 weeks. I then put on an additional 8lbs after AIT.

You can maintain your muscle mass if you just do extra exercise. Sure there isn't weights, but improvise the best you can. Funny thing is you won't want to do exercise when you're getting "smoked" as it is a punishment, but essentially that all helps to maintain. You'll see what I'm talking about soon enough.

By the way, not sure if things changed much since I've been in, but we didn't get to lift weights in AIT. However, I suppose this has changed.

bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken View Post
    You wont necessarily lose mass bro, They feed you well during training. At least they did when I went through OSUT at Ft. Benning back in 2000. (Like when you eat in the field)

Edit: Only reason I am 6'2 now is I had 7 Vertebrae Fused back in 06
    [IMG[/IMG]

Yeah I was there summer 99. They feed you but the calories you burn are way too much.. I was 190.. a bit of fat.. I was a solid 175.. I dropped down to a measly 153.

Dont forget the bivouacs and field training where they feed u mre..

What batt. did you train in?

OP your mos is not going to be that harsh as the 11-bravo. so it will be easier on your body.

Originally Posted by realsuttle View Post
    Good luck with everything man! I was at Ft. Jackson in '03-'04. I went in at 140lbs and put on 20lbs at the end of the 9 weeks. I then put on an additional 8lbs after AIT.

You can maintain your muscle mass if you just do extra exercise. Sure there isn't weights, but improvise the best you can. Funny thing is you won't want to do exercise when you're getting "smoked" as it is a punishment, but essentially that all helps to maintain. You'll see what I'm talking about soon enough.

By the way, not sure if things changed much since I've been in, but we didn't get to lift weights in AIT. However, I suppose this has changed.

Thanks for that. Knowing you gained weight puts me a LITTLE more at ease LOL. And from what I hear you do have the opportunity to lift at AIT, obviously on their schedule though.