society187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lost 90pounds now want to build muscle not weight help please

hi im new to the forum but heres whats going on i lost 90 pounds in the past year and now im at an ok weight but want to start building muscle as well as loosing the excess fat i still have. i went and got ISOPURE protein now taking that 3 times a day here is my diet before and after let me know if im doing the right thing please i have no one else to ask. thanks

BEFORE
    5"11 278pounds
    p90x in the morning and most of the time 45min hard cardio at the gym at night

diet: morning : banana and milk *after p90x*
    3hrs later: 2 peaces of fruit
    3hrs later: a bowl of cereal
    3hrs later: salad with grilled chicken or something healthy *before cardio*
    NOW
    5"11 188pounds
    p90x in the morning and 1hr hard cardio all the time at night
    diet: morning: banana and isopure (50grams protein)*after p90x*
    3hrs later: 2peaces of fruit
    3hrs later: isopure (50 grams protein)
    3hrs later: salad with grilled chicken or something healthy
    2hrs later: isopure shake(50 grams protein) *after 1hr of hard cardio*

You mairin!? How are ya? whippid's Avatar
    whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) whippid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    peaces

sorry i always do that im a tard *pieces lol but usually have an apple and grapes or mango anything really lol

jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jasontkd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nothing against protein powder, but you eat about no real food at all.
    My Logs---
    Blue Gene - unsponsored
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121600661

Super Cissus Rx - Sponsored
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119091271

Activate Xtreme + Lean Xtreme - unsponsored
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130944363

Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000) Burrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need more whole foods brother, and if you wanna bulk, maybe ease on the cardio just a bit.

It helped me

Location: Southsea, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with the above, your diet is terrible.

And another thing I picked up on was you wanting to lose fat and build muscle. Those two aims are polar opposites and for 95% of folk out there simply not possible.

If you want to gain muscle then you need to eat a whole lot more (good foods), lift heavy and rest enough to grow and that's it really, this isn't rocket science.

If you lift, do cardio and don't eat enough your body will never have chance to grow. Some argue about cardio being ok for growth cycles but personally I know that for me I have to drop the cardio or minimise it since it steals my recovery time and I don't see results doing that.

Everyone is different but it's unrealistic to expect to grow and lose fat at the same time.

ive been kind of thinking the same about the whole foods but if its unrealistic to gain muscle and lose weight you think i should just focus on losing the extra weight i have for now then worry about the muscle gain part later, and if so should i just stick with my new diet or add some more whole foods in there? thanks every one for responding

loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off!!!! gaining muscle means gaining weight. You have to make sure you aren't one of the people that thinks a high weight number means fat. scale is ONLY a number.

most the guys on here who are single digit bf% and are big as fuk come up as "Obese" on the BMI calculators.

remember that weight is just a number. It is all about how you look broski

LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LeoX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by society187 View Post
    ive been kind of thinking the same about the whole foods but if its unrealistic to gain muscle and lose weight you think i should just focus on losing the extra weight i have for now then worry about the muscle gain part later, and if so should i just stick with my new diet or add some more whole foods in there? thanks every one for responding
    Honestly, I'd get some greens in there and make the rest of it lean meats and fish although there is more you can do than that. It depends on your tastes and budget.

Fruits aren't the best for what you're trying to achieve.

I think once you're down to a trim level then go on a bulking cycle, a small amount of muscle on a lean body can look great but adding muscle under fat isn't so good.

You can balance muscle growth too, so if you want to remain lean add some cardio in and watch the calories or on the other end of the scale you can eat a lot, gain a lot of muscle and some fat then cut. It's really dependent on time scales and what you want to do.

All the best,
    Leo

cool thanks for the help ill do like you say and step it up with the greens and try to loose the extra weight before trying to go for muscle, i just wonder if for what my workout routine is if im taking too much protein that might work against weight loss

cool thanks for the help ill do like you say and step it up with the greens and try to loose the extra weight before trying to go for muscle, i just wonder if for what my workout routine is if im taking too much protein that might work against weight loss
    Post your workout here mate so people can give you some feedback on it.

Also don't worry about lifting, it's brilliant for weight loss, just don't expect massive gains in muscle whilst eating a low cal diet and doing lots of CV.

well i do p90x in the morning for an hour and thats 3 days a week wights, arms back legs shoulders and 2 cardio days and one yoga day.... in addition to that i go hit the treadmill for 1 hour 5 times a week at night... you think i should up my protein shakes or lower it i weigh 188 and probably getting about 200 grams of protein a day 150 from the shakes and 50+ from whole foods

tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tyzero89 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    well i do p90x in the morning for an hour and thats 3 days a week wights, arms back legs shoulders and 2 cardio days and one yoga day.... in addition to that i go hit the treadmill for 1 hour 5 times a week at night... you think i should up my protein shakes or lower it i weigh 188 and probably getting about 200 grams of protein a day 150 from the shakes and 50+ from whole foods
    Honestly I did the almost the same thing you did. I was at 270lbs and dropped down to 185. I did it with p90x as well. But personally I think p90x is a good "get into shape" program But I didn't notice any " significant " muscle gains by doin a bunch of pushups and sit ups. If you want to start building some size I would suggest to start a good lifting routine.

Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Handcannon7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You gotta realize its ALL about what you eat, sure cardio helps but nothing will effect you as much as what you eat. Try to get GOOD carbs, and keep them moderate while eating high protein foods (not just shakes) and for you keep the fats at 10% until your metabolism starts to even out. Cardio will help but try to eat lean WHOLE foods.

Smile

thanks everyone for all your help im going to change my diet and see what happens

jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Random suggestion. Skip the yoga and add an extra lift or cardio day. I know most p90x lovers and Tony says don't skip it. But just do yoga on recovery weeks works best IMO. If you have the p90x plus DVDs switch yoga for cardio intervals. Also once your gonna try bulk up mix in some traditional weight lifting into the p90x and cut cardio to only bout twice a week

yea i was thinking about just doing some cardio on yoga days because after 9months of p90x the yoga does not even make me sweat lol even with the kenpo x i know put 5 pound weights on my ankles and wrists just to make it more intense lol