CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000)

What would this chest workout be good for?

A friend of mine is going to be trained by one of his friends and I was wondering what this sort of workout would be good for. (i.e. building strength/muscle/stamina? etc).

I've never done a workout like this before because I'm a little skeptical that it's not the most optimal way to achieve strength/mass. I'm sure you can, but at a much lower rate. Also, this trainer is an MMA fighter, so it sort of makes more sense that he works out this way, but it seems like you're sacrificing some strength/size for more endurance/stamina that an MMA fighter needs?

Any thoughts?

Here's a chest/triceps workout:
    - Flat Bench (5 reps) supersetted with clapping pushups (8 reps) -- 4 sets
    - Flat DB Press (5 reps) supersetted with Flat DB Flies (8 reps) -- 4 sets
    - Skullcrushers (5 reps) supersetted with Dips (till failure) -- 4 sets

The rest of his routine is similar with supersets using 5 reps heavy/8 reps light.

CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000) CaliforniaKing is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump

Colton1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Colton1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CaliforniaKing View Post
    A friend of mine is going to be trained by one of his friends and I was wondering what this sort of workout would be good for. (i.e. building strength/muscle/stamina? etc).

I've never done a workout like this before because I'm a little skeptical that it's not the most optimal way to achieve strength/mass. I'm sure you can, but at a much lower rate. Also, this trainer is an MMA fighter, so it sort of makes more sense that he works out this way, but it seems like you're sacrificing some strength/size for more endurance/stamina that an MMA fighter needs?

Any thoughts?

Here's a chest/triceps workout:
    - Flat Bench (5 reps) supersetted with clapping pushups (8 reps) -- 4 sets
    - Flat DB Press (5 reps) supersetted with Flat DB Flies (8 reps) -- 4 sets
    - Skullcrushers (5 reps) supersetted with Dips (till failure) -- 4 sets

The rest of his routine is similar with supersets using 5 reps heavy/8 reps light.
    This seems to be more towards strength/size. The reason is for all the low reps that will help out with strength and it will add mass. This isn't the best workout though because it doesn't hit the upper/lower parts of your chest...
    No matter how good/bad your genetics are anything is possible!

1.eat healthy
    2.workout correctly
    3.know what your doing
    4.believe in yourself
    5.results will come

Don't blame your genetics, be happy your alive with those genetics and roll with it!

Your dream body is out there, keep workin' hard and results will follow....GOOD LUCK!

Originally Posted by Colton1994 View Post
    This seems to be more towards strength/size. The reason is for all the low reps that will help out with strength and it will add mass. This isn't the best workout though because it doesn't hit the upper/lower parts of your chest...
    Yeah, I was surprised to see another flat chest movement rather than an incline...BB bench then DB flat bench seems a bit repetitive. It could be a typo, that's the workout my friend texted back to me when I asked to see the workout.

Colton1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Colton1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CaliforniaKing View Post
    Yeah, I was surprised to see another flat chest movement rather than an incline...BB bench then DB flat bench seems a bit repetitive. It could be a typo, that's the workout my friend texted back to me when I asked to see the workout.

Yeah if you change the second superset to a upper chest movement than it wouldn't be too bad....
    No matter how good/bad your genetics are anything is possible!

1.eat healthy
    2.workout correctly
    3.know what your doing
    4.believe in yourself
    5.results will come

Don't blame your genetics, be happy your alive with those genetics and roll with it!

Your dream body is out there, keep workin' hard and results will follow....GOOD LUCK!