I hate LA Fitness
1. I paid a 180 dollar initiation fee. Everytime I see a sign saying "Sign up now for no initiation fee" I want to kill myself. I want my 180 dollars back, its a constant reminder that LA Fitness bent me over and ****ed me in the ass.
2. LA Fitness closes at 8pm on weekends. Want to work out on the weekend? Ofcourse. Have a job? Think again, bitch.
3. There are 2 flat benches and three incline benches (no bar) in the entire gym. There are 500 treadmills and stair masters. I am paying 30 dollars a month to watch women do 5 pound barbell skull crushers for 5 sets of half an hour.
4. LA fitness member appreciation day. What the **** is this mother ****ing bull****? Seriously. LA Fitness member appreciation day consists of LA fitness setting up booths trying to sell you **** and heres the big gift, letting anyone you want to bring with you in for free. You know what that means? That the ACTUAL members can't use the equipment because a bunch of people who arent paying for the gym are using all the equipment. Member appreciation day.
5. The music.
6. Attention members and guests, LA Fitness will be closing in 1 hour. Attention members and guests, LA Fitness will be closing in half an hour. Attention members and guests...
7. I am not sure about all LA fitnesses but at mine they don't have ESPN on any of the TV's. They have ESPN News. Want to watch the game while at the gym? How about no. Highlights and stat trackers at the bottom of the screen? Ofcourse.
8. The trainers
9. Have a good day/night. I am leaving the gym, random person at front desk says to me, as I am walking away "Have a good day". What the **** am I supposed to say to that. Am I supposed to stop and turn around and reciprocate it, or say thank you? Am I supposed to make eye contact with the person at the front desk beforehand in anticipation for said have a good day so I won't have to turn around when they say it to my back. Maybe if I avoid all eye contact they won't say anything to me... "oh uhhh thanks".
10. The locker rooms smell like cabbage. WHY MUST THEY SMELL LIKE CABBAGE? I don't understand it. Someone is employed there, getting paid to do one thing, and thats to not let it smell like ****. Why does it smell like someone was murdered and stuffed in the locker room and left there, on purpose, just so the locker room can smell like balls and swamp ass.
02-01-2011, 02:55 AM #1
List of 10 things I hate about LA Fitness
02-01-2011, 03:01 AM #2
02-01-2011, 03:04 AM #3
- Join Date: Mar 2009
- Location: California, United States
- Posts: 4,294
- Rep Power: 1444
02-01-2011, 03:06 AM #4
I liked everything about LA Fitness when i was a member there for 2+ EXCEPT the horrible hours of operation. You are right, they're fukin horrible.Florida Gulf Coast University Powerlifting
**MISC Strength Crew**
**MISC Firearms Crew***
**MISC Anti-Phaggotry Crew**
***Brings Pen and Paper to the Gym Crew***
SQUATZ AND OATZ
02-01-2011, 03:08 AM #5
The main complaint I have would be the hours. The other would be how busy it can get at certain times of the day. There are only a few select windows of opportunity during the week where it's not busy.
Some of the 'trainers" I have run into can be annoying, but I'm sure you'd find that at any gym.
My locker room smells fine, but often the toilets in the bathroom are unflushed, or there's pee all over the toilet seat. Also, no steam room.
They usually have cute girls at the front counter so I don't mind the "have a good day" at the end of my workout.
I'm currently on a 7 day free pass to a luxury gym in the area... a lot better than LA Fitness but I can't afford it. It's 84 dollars a month. Bathrooms are always kept clean, they provide towels, mouthwash, hair gel, q-tips, etc. They cap the number of memberships at something like 2500 people to keep it from getting too busy. Less annoying people.
02-01-2011, 03:08 AM #6
Yeah dude you got trolled, when I went to sign up they wanted to charge me something like a $200 initiation fee and a $60 a month fee or something ridiculous. Basically just Bertstared the guy and played hardball until he completely dropped the initiation fee and signed me up for $24.95 a month
What city you in OP? LA Fitnesses vary greatly from location to location from unbelievably awful to meh. Clientele at the gym is the worst part, very unmotivated people who are there to talk and not to lift and just sets up an atmosphere of failure
btw I joined a real gym like 2 years ago, gave my gym membership to my brother, it's his problem now hahaKeep punishin'
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM #7
06-03-2013, 06:51 AM #8
06-03-2013, 07:21 AM #9
- Join Date: May 2013
- Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Posts: 14,977
- Rep Power: 3907
06-03-2013, 07:26 AM #10
06-03-2013, 07:31 AM #11
06-03-2013, 07:33 AM #12
06-03-2013, 07:34 AM #13
- Join Date: Jun 2011
- Location: Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States
- Posts: 785
- Rep Power: 523
06-03-2013, 07:52 AM #14
03-17-2016, 11:45 PM #15
03-17-2016, 11:53 PM #16
03-17-2016, 11:59 PM #17
03-18-2016, 12:06 AM #18
03-18-2016, 12:08 AM #19
** MISC SECRET SOCIETY CREW - Zcorx jtgw, prye biwwh rrd iany haw bfhs. **
- Join Date: May 2014
- Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States
- Posts: 4,032
- Rep Power: 11774
>>> Florida State Tomahawk Nation >>>
⚓️ S&P ⚓️
New England Crew - If you aren't from the NE or West, you're probably an inbred hick
*Cheryl Cole is my 10/10*
03-18-2016, 12:17 AM #20
Since this was resurrected...LA Fitness just bought out all of the 24 Hour Fitness locations here in AZ last November. So far everything is the same as it always was. Nothing you can do about all the supersetting permabulkers and other forms of phaggotry brought about by the general population. I go after 9 pm on my workouts that fall on a weekday and it helps me avoid a lot of the idiocracy that takes place during prime time.
03-18-2016, 12:22 AM #21
My buddy has an LA Fitness membership with guest privileges, so we lift there when we workout together.
I have a 24 Hour membership and lift there when I'm alone.
There is literally NO way to explain how much nicer the average LA Fitness is compared to 24 Hour. It's actually depressing going to most 24 locations. LA is great in comparison.
The hours are retarded though, and I'll never belong to one for that reason.435s / 335b / 460d / 225 SOHP
03-18-2016, 12:26 AM #22
03-18-2016, 12:32 AM #23
03-18-2016, 12:44 AM #24
03-19-2016, 10:14 PM #25
Lol at someone bumping this thread. I actually go to 24 hr now have for years, it's so much better. My favorite part about my original post is I was SO angry when I wrote that 5 years ago and as I re-read it now I still start to get pissed off.
I maintain it's rude to say something to someone whose back is to you walking away and expect them to turn around and acknowledge you. Even moreso considering that person doesn't even mean what they are saying to you they just feel like it's part of their job.
See I couldn't help but rant again. Done now lol
03-19-2016, 10:19 PM #26
- Join Date: May 2012
- Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
- Posts: 16,006
- Rep Power: 35986
03-19-2016, 10:52 PM #27
03-19-2016, 10:58 PM #28
By Presi in forum Misc.Replies: 41Last Post: 07-13-2010, 04:06 PM
By jack90 in forum Misc.Replies: 62Last Post: 04-26-2009, 12:41 AM
By TDK350 in forum Misc.Replies: 17Last Post: 10-21-2008, 01:33 PM
By Doubledown109 in forum Misc.Replies: 2Last Post: 07-30-2008, 10:25 PM
By Emperiorjack in forum Misc.Replies: 56Last Post: 01-05-2008, 09:16 PM