Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'8", 173 lbs
    TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit TheBlindPursuit's BodySpace

Connecting Sound Bar with PS3 (Misc Technology Genius needed)

Okay, well I have a Sound Bar with no HDMI connections. It just has 2 slots available for Optical Cables. I have 2 Optical Cables, one that I bought and the one that the Sound Bar brought. I have a Toshiba HDTV, and a Samsung Sound Bar with Subwoofer.

How do I get this working? I've toyed around with many settings and it won't work.

Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Family_Guy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You could start by telling us what you've tried to do first.
    Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair. ~George Burns

Stats: 5'8", 170 lbs
    EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit EasTexan's BodySpace
    Model of TV, and/or look to see what type of audio outs it has.
    *Lone Star Crew* Δtheist Δlliance
    ☆☆☆Livers Off the Land Crew☆☆☆
    B.S.C.S.

TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBlindPursuit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To possibly clear up some things... the sound bar works fine when I don't use the HDMI cable with the PS3. It worked fine with the AV cable...but obviously I want the HD experience.

EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EasTexan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EasTexan View Post
    Model of TV, and/or look to see what type of audio outs it has.
    What audio outs does the tv have?
    B.S.C.S.

What audio outs does the tv have?
    It has regular colored outputs for the AV cable, HDMI, Optical Cable, and the PC one.

SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SDSammy has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by TheBlindPursuit View Post
    Okay, well I have a Sound Bar with no HDMI connections. It just has 2 slots available for Optical Cables. I have 2 Optical Cables, one that I bought and the one that the Sound Bar brought. I have a Toshiba HDTV, and a Samsung Sound Bar with Subwoofer.

How do I get this working? I've toyed around with many settings and it won't work.
    If the sound bar has an optical port, then connect it to the ps3's optical port. Then in the PS3's setting, make sure to change it to optical connection. Once you do that, all sound from the PS3 will go through the sound bar.

If the sound bar has another port for it, you can connect that to the TV's optical port, if it has one. Once you do that, hopefully when you watch regular TV, the sound will also go through the sound bar. I've never done this so I may be wrong. I run my sound through a receiver so its a little different.

This may sound dumb but you have no idea how many people do this...

Make sure you take the little covers off the optical cables.

Originally Posted by SDSammy View Post
    If the sound bar has an optical port, then connect it to the ps3's optical port. Then in the PS3's setting, make sure to change it to optical connection. Once you do that, all sound from the PS3 will go through the sound bar.

If the sound bar has another port for it, you can connect that to the TV's optical port, if it has one. Once you do that, hopefully when you watch regular TV, the sound will also go through the sound bar. I've never done this so I may be wrong. I run my sound through a receiver so its a little different.

This may sound dumb but you have no idea how many people do this...

Make sure you take the little covers off the optical cables.
    I've tried that. I just don't understand the logic behind it working with the AV cable but not the HDMI cable.

If you go PS3 (optical) to SoundBar (optical) it should work assuming you have the sound setup correctly in the PS3 settings.

In other words: Sound will go from PS3 through optical to the bar. Video will go through the HDMI, but no sound. All this is in the PS3 settings, you have to change them.
    B.S.C.S.

If you go PS3 (optical) to SoundBar (optical) it should work assuming you have the sound setup correctly in the PS3 settings.

In other words: Sound will go from PS3 through optical to the bar. Video will go through the HDMI, but no sound. All this is in the PS3 settings, you have to change them.
    I have tried Optical Cable connected to the PS3 and the Television from the sound bar. I also tried with the original (Sound Bar to TV with Optical Cable). I have tried PS3 to Sound Bar only. I mess around with the sound settings but still no results. I am able to get the sound with the 3-colored outputs though. This is what has me puzzled. I get it working with the 3-colored outputs but not the HDMI cable.

Updated the PS3, speakers scared the **** out of me. Problem solved.

Thanks a lot for trying to help man. Owe you one. Rep.