robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Suggestions on How to Get Ripped/Cut Arms

Ok so I have been weight training for about a year or so but now since I havent seen that significant of results in building more muscle in my arms I want to know for one how to begin a toning process (getting ripped/cut) and two what is a good routine for developing bigger arms. So my two questions are:

Exercise Program to get ripped/cut/toned?

Exercise Program to build more muscle?

Thanks! I look forward to responses.

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You've been working out for a year and you don't know how to get "ripped" or "cut" muscles?

MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50) MercTime will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    getting ripped is going to come more so from your diet. What kind of workouts are you doing for your arms right now??
    "If We Cannot Find A Way, We Will Make One" - Hannibal

BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you want to mass up you eat 500 cals above maintenance

want to get ripped eat 500 below maintenance

always eat lean and give it time and everything will pop

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    work on getting a ripped cut back and chest, the arms will come as a side effect.
    weighted pull ups / chin ups, deadlifts, barbell rows, weighted dips, tricep exercises to help benching......

robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50) robprima will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PhiSig2298 View Post
    You've been working out for a year and you don't know how to get "ripped" or "cut" muscles?
    i am looking for suggestions not judgemental comments...

Originally Posted by BruceBruce325 View Post
    if you want to mass up you eat 500 cals above maintenance

want to get ripped eat 500 below maintenance

always eat lean and give it time and everything will pop
    thank you very much im now trying to get more cut not to mass up

Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    work on getting a ripped cut back and chest, the arms will come as a side effect.
    weighted pull ups / chin ups, deadlifts, barbell rows, weighted dips, tricep exercises to help benching......
    thank you very much i will definitely try this!

Originally Posted by MercTime View Post
    getting ripped is going to come more so from your diet. What kind of workouts are you doing for your arms right now??
    to be honest i am overtraining i believe

Monday-chest/tri
    tuesday-back/bi
    wednesday/shoulders/tri
    thurs-legs
    friday-bis/tris
    saturday-compound workout (every upper body muscle)
    sunday-abs cardio

but for arms day i usually do...
    bis-arm curls, sit down dumbell curls, hammer curls, and sometimes a machine to do curls halfway and then full curls

tris-skullcrushers, one arm tricep extension, tricep pulldown, close bench

THANKS!

Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Roma315 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by robprima View Post

Monday-chest/tri
    tuesday-back/bi
    wednesday/shoulders/tri
    thurs-legs
    friday-bis/tris
    sunday-abs cardio

but for arms day i usually do...
    bis-arm curls, sit down dumbell curls, hammer curls, and sometimes a machine to do curls halfway and then full curls

tris-skullcrushers, one arm tricep extension, tricep pulldown, close bench

THANKS!
    no offense but i thought i was overdoing it with my 4 day split. Cut the arms day down! Thats all
    MISC wristwatch, Cigar, & OG Crew

GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You probably aren't eating enough food

Originally Posted by Roma315 View Post
    no offense but i thought i was overdoing it with my 4 day split. Cut the arms day down! Thats all
    Just dont do as much on fridays or cut fridays out??

Originally Posted by GonePhishin View Post
    You probably aren't eating enough food
    thanks for your response. maybe im not intaking enough calories heres my diet

breakfast-3 egg white omelette with tomatoes peppers mushrooms cheddar cheese
    lunch-turkey american cheese lettuce tomatoe
    -salad, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, cucumbers, sliced hard boiled egg and vinegar
    dinner-some type of grilled chicken/turkey burger/etc..

im at college so healthy choices are hard to find!

JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10) JordanJD is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Monday-chest/tri
    tuesday-back/bi
    wednesday/shoulders/tri
    thurs-legs
    friday-bis/tris
    sunday-abs cardio
    Why do you do tris 3 times a week? Monday and Tuesday look good but for Wednesday maybe substitute legs for the tri part? or traps..? take AT LEAST one day off for rest, either Friday or Saturday looking at how you have it laid out. At least thats my opinion. Right now im doing an Upper Lower Cardio Upper Lower Cardio Rest kind of routine, its worked pretty well so far.
    Bulking till infinity.

nervedamage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

-salad, peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, cucumbers, sliced hard boiled egg and vinegar

I'm at college too, and the diner food is terrible. Buy a crockpot/slow-cooker, and chicken breasts/thighs at the beginning of each week. Works wonders.

behind the bamboo curtain RAGS_21's Avatar
    RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) RAGS_21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by k9pit View Post
    This. Honestly, dips and pull-ups are the best upper body / arm exercises out there because you support your weight with your arms in a free hanging position.

I hear you on eating healthy at college. Especially living on campus; it's just hard to eat good at the cafe.....unless your University has some real good food.
    "The next time someone tells you that you can't be lean and big and strong, all simultaneously, slap them dead in the mouth, rape their girlfriend, and then go lift something heavy."

workout journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127041211

mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50) mbinda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Ok so I have been weight training for about a year or so but now since I havent seen that significant of results in building more muscle in my arms I want to know for one how to begin a toning process (getting ripped/cut) and two what is a good routine for developing bigger arms. So my two questions are:

Exercise Program to get ripped/cut/toned?

Exercise Program to build more muscle?

Thanks! I look forward to responses.

There is no exercise program to get 'ripped, cut, toned'..that comes from diet & cardio. You need to first build muscle and then burn bodyfat to become ripped. As for building bigger arms, yeah focus on the compound moves & your arms will grow..plenty of heavy pushing & pulling movements like dips, pull ups, rows, overhead press, bench press, etc.

GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GonePhishin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ding ding ding

not enough calories, not enough protein. Try getting some protein powder and mix it with whole milk for a start. 2 times a day.

TheJake504 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Increase your intake of protein, give yourself proper time to rest, and just focus on lifting heavy, good cardio and a well-balanced diet.

henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100) henmaniac87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Make heavy chest and back training your focus,also include an arm day later in the week from chest and back days.

I suggest this routine because I've done it and love it.

Close grip Bench 3 sets 6-10 reps
    Decline Skullcrushers 3 sets 6-10
    Tricep Pushdowns 2 sets 6-10

Barbell Curls 3 sets 6-10 reps
    One arm dumbbell spider curls 3 sets 6-10 reps

Seated bb shoulder press 3 sets 6-10

fvazquez11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking thanks

i recently decided to change my lifestyle and get healthy and big. I realized I'm wasting my 6'3 frame. I just wanted to say thanks, this thread has helped me out a lot.

Originally Posted by fvazquez11 View Post
    i recently decided to change my lifestyle and get healthy and big. I realized I'm wasting my 6'3 frame. I just wanted to say thanks, this thread has helped me out a lot.
    Im proud, good for you!

Originally Posted by TheJake504 View Post
    Increase your intake of protein, give yourself proper time to rest, and just focus on lifting heavy, good cardio and a well-balanced diet.
    i take one scoop of whey protein before workout and one scoop protein blend protein after. whey=24g and protein blend=25g

Originally Posted by JordanJD View Post
    Why do you do tris 3 times a week? Monday and Tuesday look good but for Wednesday maybe substitute legs for the tri part? or traps..? take AT LEAST one day off for rest, either Friday or Saturday looking at how you have it laid out. At least thats my opinion. Right now im doing an Upper Lower Cardio Upper Lower Cardio Rest kind of routine, its worked pretty well so far.
    well on monday all i do for tris are dips but thats cause they work chest too

any recommendations on supplements to build more muscle and energy?

well on monday all i do for tris are dips but thats cause they work chest too
    also i take NO explode before workout and cell mass after

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thank you very much im now trying to get more cut not to mass up
    What are your bodystats?
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

patrickandrei has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile how to get ripped, have bigger muscles

learn to lift heavier weights, in which you can lift it with proper form for only 8-10reps for 3 sets, if you can lift it for up to 12reps per set, increase weight.
    the hard yout body exerts more power, you produce more testosterone levels, thus increasing metabolism, higher burning or calories.

the thing with high reps is not as what you think it would result to being ripped, you only build endurance. lift heavier and you burn more calories.
    the heavier, the muscles will be more ripped, dont forget to eat protein right away after your workout. try this for 4 weeks, eat more protein, less carbs, high fiber such as oats, wheat bread, fruits, salad. chicken and fish are working for me