petercharlton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training 6 days per week, should i cut down

Im training 6 days per week on weights, not sure if too much, i feel so bad when i dont train. But i know rest is important so how should i do this. At the moment i do chest on monday, arms tuesday, legs wednesday, shoulders thursday, back friday and legs on saturday. Legs are where i really am keen to add size but all over really. Had a bad weekend been really sick and have had to miss two workouts, havent been able to eat as all comes back up and have lost 5kg approx, what will i have lost and really how can i cut my training week down, should i just do arms after chest and back and have an extra days rest there?

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are progressing, no.

If you are not, yes.

Hope you get better soon.

Don't expect to jump in at the same intensity or load, or for the same number of sets, or for the same number of exercises, until you have really gotten better.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BDiamond is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It depends on your gains. Is your strength going up? If so, then keep doing what you're doing. If you've found something that works for you then stick with it. If you hit a plateau or are seeing a loss in strength, cut back.

How many reps/sets are you doing?

ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ninja1992 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by petercharlton View Post
    Im training 6 days per week on weights, not sure if too much, i feel so bad when i dont train. But i know rest is important so how should i do this. At the moment i do chest on monday, arms tuesday, legs wednesday, shoulders thursday, back friday and legs on saturday. Legs are where i really am keen to add size but all over really. Had a bad weekend been really sick and have had to miss two workouts, havent been able to eat as all comes back up and have lost 5kg approx, what will i have lost and really how can i cut my training week down, should i just do arms after chest and back and have an extra days rest there?
    yh 6 days is usually a bit much.. i think you should add triceps to ure chest days and biceps to your back days.. i would also do one leg workout, but make it super intense.. when i used to do intense leg workouts (now im training at home and lacking equipment) i could barely walk for 2 days and 3rd and 4th days were the recovery days... so go for high weight INTENSE leg workouts once a week.. that way ull have 3 days of rest per week which is enough and good for you, it lets your body focus on building muscle as opposed to damaging microfibres in other muscles... eat well.. and get well soon dude

I do for sets for most exercises and the reps vary, start at 12 , then 10 then will try going heavy then perhaps another heavy one on compound exercises. i think i just need to play around a bit, maybe a few weeks with less days and higher reps for a while, was thinking of trying GVT for few weeks. Just so worried how much weight ive lost from being unwell over weekend, so annoying.

I do legs twice per week, on wednesy its heavy more compound and saturday more isolation work which i feel is working well at the moment so want to keep to that. Have got into bad habbit though, i train with friend who is just looking to increase strength and i do let him talk me into lifting heavy for couple of reps at times, my fault i know.