Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 19'8", 187 lbs
    RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RussAnderson has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit RussAnderson's BodySpace

Chest Workout inc Barbell & Dumbbells

Guys is it a good idea to have a barbell session then switch the following week to dumbbells ?usually do 8 sets of pressing movement either flat incline or decline,or would it be better to mix the db's in with the barbell press?ie

4 sets inline db press
    4 sets of barbell flat press

then change around the following week,what do u guys do for your chest ?

Stats: 6'2", 210 lbs
    Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Justin Haberman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit Justin Haberman's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by RussAnderson View Post
    Guys is it a good idea to have a barbell session then switch the following week to dumbbells ?usually do 8 sets of pressing movement either flat incline or decline,or would it be better to mix the db's in with the barbell press?ie

4 sets inline db press
    4 sets of barbell flat press

then change around the following week,what do u guys do for your chest ?
    I dont think theres any right or wrong answer. I know people that use all barbell's (BBs) one week and then swtich to all Dumbbell's (DBs) the next week, and I know people who use BBs and DBs one week.

Because BB movements require a lot of energy, I usually like to only do a couple BB exercises in a workout - switching up the exercises from one week to the next. A sample exercises plan would look something like this:

WEEK 1
    Incline Chest Press - BB
    Flat Chest Press - DB
    Decline Chest Press - BB
    Incline Flyes - DB

WEEK 2
    Flat Chest Press - BB
    Incline Chest Press - DB
    Decline Chest Press - DB .... etc.
    Justin Haberman
    Six Star Pro Nutrition Rep

For FREE training & nutrition tips, follow us at Facebook.com/SixStar and SixStarProNutrition.com

Stats: 5'10", 195 lbs
    VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) VoxExMachina has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit VoxExMachina's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Justin Haberman View Post
    I dont think theres any right or wrong answer. I know people that use all barbell's (BBs) one week and then swtich to all Dumbbell's (DBs) the next week, and I know people who use BBs and DBs one week.

Because BB movements require a lot of energy, I usually like to only do a couple BB exercises in a workout - switching up the exercises from one week to the next. A sample exercises plan would look something like this:

WEEK 1
    Incline Chest Press - BB
    Flat Chest Press - DB
    Decline Chest Press - BB
    Incline Flyes - DB

WEEK 2
    Flat Chest Press - BB
    Incline Chest Press - DB
    Decline Chest Press - DB .... etc.
    ^ This is typically a good strategy. You just need to make sure you're keeping track of progression of each lift, based on whether it's done first, second, etc.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Stats: 5'7", 159 lbs
    Atlasius88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atlasius88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Atlasius88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Visit Atlasius88's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    You just need to make sure you're keeping track of progression of each lift
    I don't think there's anything wrong with switching it up but it's more difficult to keep track of progression when you're only doing an exercise every other week. I prefer to stick to one DB press and one BB press each chest day and rotate every couple months.