demonikal225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) demonikal225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question on a major budget, need moderately cheaper foods that have carbs

I've been noticing that my arms are getting pretty cut, but I liked the look when I had more fat in there just cuz I was bigger. And same thing with most of the rest of my body. Obviously not looking to gain fat, just want/need to know what to eat that is gonna beef me up from head to toe. I get plenty of protein and I'm not one who relies only or mostly on protein shakes. Just starting to get used to the taste of brown rice instead of white rice cuz of the protein that's not there in white and carbs of course. Besides long grain brown rice, I really don't know what I can buy that's good for adding on pounds that doesn't break the bank. It seems there's a lot of people pro and con when it comes to potatoes, so I don't know what to do about them. If it's cheap or at least moderately inexpensive, I don't care what it tastes like...I WILL EAT IT. I'm finally noticing differences in my size and strength and it's boosting my motivation levels. Hopefully, this isn't some kind of "manic" phase, cuz I'm starting to get really serious about bodybuilding. Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Reliving old reviews is a useless tool of confusion
    Don't hold your breath for the turn-around
    Come into the world of endless odds...
    --Pantera (Reinventing the Steel, “Yesterday Don’t Mean Sh*t”)

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm confused

you liked the look when you had more fat but want to not gain any fat, but want to bulk up? Sorry to say but you will gain some fat

Also it sounds like you may be consuming far too much protein

also oats are extremely cheap

p.s white rice tastes 10x better
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Phedder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't be afraid of the potatoes, if you need more carbs they're a cheap option. As said above oats are cheap too, and white rice does taste better/is cheaper haha. It all comes down to calories though, if you're not gaining you simply need to eat more, doesn't matter too much where it comes from as long as your base diet has enough proteins/carbs/fats to keep you healthy and energized, then just add calories in whatever form you want/can afford.

Natty, Umad brah? Backtothestack's Avatar
    Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500)
    Oats like homie said. So cheap. Proatmeal 5x a day when I was getting by on 600/month, which covered rent, gym membership, insurance, bills, groceries, and a 5lb tub of whey. I ate a lot of pb, eggs, cheapest chicken i could find (1.78/lb at walmart for breasts), oats, fruit and whey.
    Colorblind. Reps are for the gym.

grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000) grapemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    there are lots of varieties besides long grain brown rice everyday... eff that

basmati rice
    yellow rice
    jasmine rice
    wild rice types
    rice noodles

I honestly just don't eat brown rice, don't like it.

also
    baked russet potatoes
    yukon gold potatoes
    red potatoes
    purple potatoes
    sweet potatoes

can also do soba noodles, sweet corn, quinoa...

and you have your vegetables...
    squash/zucchinni/butternut/acorn/eggplant/parsnips/carrots

fruits... bananas are cheap and easy... or a 5 pound bag of apples...

I don't eat bread/pasta so... that is my general diet above ^

As others said you can get oats, but I personally hate oatmeal so...
    @__@

joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joelash302 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can buy a 50 lb bag of rice for like $4 in asian supermarkets.

Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    potatoes are 1.99 / 10 lbs. atleast where I live.

also you can get whole wheat pasta which is usually a dollar a pound.

frozen veggies are cheap if you want to buy bulk.

i will only buy brownberry natural breads when they are bogo, otherwise it is a lot of money.

cant go wrong with oats, cooked or blended with water.

bananas!!!!!!!!!
    Originally Posted by Tiffany Wantsmore

A lie to get yourself out of trouble is way different to a lie designed to not hurt someone's feelings.

Originally Posted by Curtiz

woman logic, gotta love it

adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) adamg8504 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ummm....carbs are by far the cheapest macro. This shouldn't be hard, I know you can do it!

ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    I'm confused

you liked the look when you had more fat but want to not gain any fat, but want to bulk up? Sorry to say but you will gain some fat

Also it sounds like you may be consuming far too much protein

also oats are extremely cheap

p.s white rice tastes 10x better
    White rice, man ...why eat brown if you don't like it? Also, look to add some pasta to your diet. Great tasting, cheap, and packed with carbs.
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement.

it looked bigger at 130 Lawlzorz's Avatar
    Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    big ass ****ing burlap bag of basmatti rice
    PC Master Race (Minesweeper 60+ FPS)