Thread: Arnold and Milk

dieseldave12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Arnold and Milk

In Arnold Schwarzenegger's video documentary "Pumping Iron" a reporter asked if he drank milk and how much. he stated that he doesnt drink milk, any clue why that is?

Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Clewallen11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    alot of fat?
    "No need for a plan B, it's only a distraction from plan A"

Rustler's Ambition fitnessbyjay's Avatar
    fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000) fitnessbyjay is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You could ask the same question about 95% of pro bodybuilders and top national competitors. Because there is better food out there for building muscle, pretty much.

I'm not saying don't drink milk, it's good if you're on a budget or have problems putting down food.

B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000) B-ryminD09 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    he clearly explained, milk is for babies when you grow up you have to drink beer.

MILKis4BABIES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MILKis4BABIES has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    <----------

Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000) Haveboards is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by B-ryminD09 View Post
    he clearly explained, milk is for babies when you grow up you have to drink beer.
    Ha ha This.

Post workout was 1 times whole chicken + 6 pack of beer.

Keep in mind.

You are not Arnold.

<Drinks milk>

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you honestly think everything he said was true? I had him as a governor, I can tell you the answer.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Do you honestly think everything he said was true? I had him as a governor, I can tell you the answer.
    true, but i just love milk too much to give it up in my diet...plus i think its a great way to get in some quick digesting protien

Money makes men act funny angryguywalking's Avatar
    angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) angryguywalking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MILKis4BABIES View Post
    <----------
    strong first post.

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lots of old school bodybuilders didn't understand the "lactose intolerant" element. They would bloat after dairy consumption and assume it was "fat" gained.

5K's & pull-ups PerfectFormForever's Avatar
    PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you're afraid of the fat, drink skim milk. All the protein, none of the fat.

Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000) Kamapuaa is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dieseldave12 View Post
    In Arnold Schwarzenegger's video documentary "Pumping Iron" a reporter asked if he drank milk and how much. he stated that he doesnt drink milk, any clue why that is?
    Because it sounded cool? The guy says he just made up the whole "skipped father's funeral to compete" story, and the "better than an orgasm" anecdote.

Milk is great if bulking, on a cut it maybe is a bit heavy on sugar though.

JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I give credit to the best gains Ive ever made in my life, in a relatively short amount of time to milk.

Problem with me is I have a very slow metabolism, and even eating more frequent meals, and I have to force myself to eat.

Problem is eating more than 25 or so grams of protein per meal just make me fat. Im naturally pretty big and would be about 200lbs even if I never lifted weights, so shoveling down large amounts of protein was always a problem. My solution, was to have small glasses of milk in between my meals, pretty much every hour or so.

I worked wonders for me. Milk gave me a steady supply of protein through out the day,really helped me pack on some muscle, without stuffing myself with food (and crapping so much)

BTW, even drinking that much whole milk a day, I dropped fat. There was a old thread here awhile back with some guys experimenting with drinking a gallon of whole milk a day.
    Last edited by JonZ; 01-30-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    " The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog"
    - Mark Twain

Registered User AllFapInsurance's Avatar
    AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MILKis4BABIES View Post
    <----------
    Strong join date to post ratio.

And strong first post.....

Registered User AllFapInsurance's Avatar
    AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AllFapInsurance has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
    I give credit to the best gains Ive ever made in my life, in a relatively short amount of time to milk.

Problem with me is I have a very slow metabolism, and even eating more frequent meals, and I have to force myself to eat.

Problem is eating more than 25 or so grams of protein per meal just make me fat. Im naturally pretty big and would be about 200lbs even if I never lifted weights, so shoveling down large amounts of protein was always a problem. My solution, was to have small glasses of milk in between my meals, pretty much every hour or so.

I worked wonders for me. Milk gave me a steady supply of protein through out the day,really helped me pack on some muscle, without stuffing myself with food (and crapping so much)

BTW, even drinking that much whole milk a day, I dropped fat. There was a old thread here awhile back with some guys experimenting with drinking a gallon of whole milk a day.
    1) Have you ever actaully had blood work done that shows a slow metabolism? What are your thyroid levels?

2) Milk wasn't what gave you the best gains in your life, calories are what did it. You could have been having a scoop of whey protein with water and that would have worked just as fine. You could also have had 25,000 other things that are easy to drink/eat.

3) 25g+ of protein per meal doesn't make you fat

4) You don't need a steady supply of protein throughout the day

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Arnold was full of ****? He's even admitted he exaggerated LOTS of things and even flat out lied back in the day.

Not to say he isn't awesome, but just take stuff that he says with a grain of salt.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "Milk wasn't what gave you the best gains in your life, calories are what did it. You could have been having a scoop of whey protein with water and that would have worked just as fine. You could also have had 25,000 other things that are easy to drink/eat."

Protein drinks = more money. I have a protein shake for breakfast, since it was quick and easy for me to take and be out the door in the mornings since I had a hour commute to work.

"25g+ of protein per meal doesn't make you fat"

Everyoneis different. I read about guys on here eating 50 or 60 grams of protein per meal. If depends on body type and metabolism. Sorry but yes, eating more than 25 - 30 grams of protein PER MEAL did bring up my fat levels. Ive been lifting weights for 18 years on and off , know my body and how it reacts to what I feed it.

Lets say I go with 2 grams of protein per lean pound of bodyweight for bulking. Since Im 220 - 230 pounds(depending) divided by 6 or even meals meals = that alot of protein per meal. Even if you bring it down to 1.5, and as Ive said Im not a person who enjoys eating much. Ive had to force myself to eat to take in numbers that dont even reach 2 grams of protein per lean pound of bodyweight.

You cant judge everyone and their nutritional requirements the same.

"You don't need a steady supply of protein throughout the day"

Again since it was impossible for me to get in the proten requirements "per meal", I supplimented my calories in between meals. It worked fine for me. I didnt have to stuff and bloat myself, was able to get inthe protein requirements for the day and made steady gains.

I dont think it was calories that helped me make those gains, it was protein. I dont count calories, I do count my protein intake.

I did try bringing a thermos with a protein shake to work and drink it throughot the day, but it became too expensive on my budget.
    Last edited by JonZ; 01-31-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    " The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog"
    - Mark Twain

Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Adam182 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He said lots of things in that movie to make it more a “movie” than a documentary.

They made Lou look like he was some sort of villain. I was watching it with my GF and she only wanted Arnold to win. Hated Lou.

Poor Lou……

ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ELugo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    true, but i just love milk too much to give it up in my diet...plus i think its a great way to get in some quick digesting protien
    So keep drinking milk! If you love the stuff then there's no reason to stop because Arnold says he didn't drink any. I personally love me some milk ...
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement.

Originally Posted by Adam182 View Post
    He said lots of things in that movie to make it more a “movie” than a documentary.

They made Lou look like he was some sort of villain. I was watching it with my GF and she only wanted Arnold to win. Hated Lou.

Poor Lou……
    Man Lou was my idol in that movie! just because some of his stats resemble mine (the height). and watching him pumping out those drop set bicep curls gives me so much more motivation than watching arnold do calf raises with some ogre women on his back

almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50) almightyares will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Clewallen11 View Post
    alot of fat?
    Ever hear of skim milk?

IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50) IvanStankov will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep in mind that Arnold did laugh hard after saying that milk is for babies. I doubt he didn't drink it at all although he may have been restricting it back in the days. It's good that Pumping Iron shows his good side of being a jolly boy, full of humor and high spirits.

RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RichardMilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    who would need to drink milk with the amount of roids he must have taken back in his days.

ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ChrisDe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    milk for breakfast(cereal).

milk for protein shake.

Any other time I'm drinking water.

coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50) coopermax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    are you asking a message board why a certain individual does not like milk, an individual that, most likely, no one on the board knows personally.....

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just use 2%
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

Originally Posted by coopermax View Post
    are you asking a message board why a certain individual does not like milk, an individual that, most likely, no one on the board knows personally.....
    no im asking a question of why doesnt he drink milk, never said im asking why does he hate milk because i never heard him say he "hated" milk, just curious if there was any bad effects on the body. One of the replys said maybe too much fat and sugar in milk. I got my answer thanks man.