chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weight lifting after a Laminectomy

Hey guys & gals

Just wondering if anyone on this site has had a Laminectomy. I would like to hear about your experience, and how it has changed your current workouts & goals. Are you still doing Squats,ect.

Thanks for your comments in advance.
    Live each day to the fullest

Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Nosparkplugs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I had a hemilaminectomy back in 2002.. I had a 100% recovery, the actual cutting/ dissection of the Psoas muscle to get to the Verteral body is what takes the most time to recover..So to answer your question I squat, and there is zero limitations in my case... I also am a CT Technologist work in Radiology, just so you know Im not talking BS..

Each Case is different, and your body will speak to you, I would take it slow strengthen your back first, like on the machines before doing free weight/smith squating.. Good luck, just be patient...

chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10) chass is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank You
    Live each day to the fullest

Par221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a laminectomy at the L5 S1 level in August 2013 and I resumed squatting very light weights a few months after. I really want to rebuild my explosion and dunk a ball again. I feel fine during the exercise but am very sore all day after and sometimes into the next day. As the previous poster stated be very cautious and smart. I started light to build all my stabilizer muscles and hips as well as the hams, gluts and quads but it appears my back can't handle it.