Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'2", 240 lbs
    chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit chass's BodySpace

Weight lifting after a Laminectomy

Hey guys & gals

Just wondering if anyone on this site has had a Laminectomy. I would like to hear about your experience, and how it has changed your current workouts & goals. Are you still doing Squats,ect.

Thanks for your comments in advance.
    Live each day to the fullest

Stats: 5'11", 180 lbs
    Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Nosparkplugs is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit Nosparkplugs's BodySpace
    I had a hemilaminectomy back in 2002.. I had a 100% recovery, the actual cutting/ dissection of the Psoas muscle to get to the Verteral body is what takes the most time to recover..So to answer your question I squat, and there is zero limitations in my case... I also am a CT Technologist work in Radiology, just so you know Im not talking BS..

Each Case is different, and your body will speak to you, I would take it slow strengthen your back first, like on the machines before doing free weight/smith squating.. Good luck, just be patient...

Stats: 6'2", 240 lbs
    chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chass is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Visit chass's BodySpace
    Thank You
    Live each day to the fullest