Maxwell777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eat before or after for morning workout = lose most fat?

I am starting to work out in the mornings now vs. evenings. My goal is to gain muscle and lose a bunch of fat.

Should i eat first before heading out or wait till i finish my workout.

I ask because i read somewhere that you burn more fat if you work out on empty stomach in the morning (burn off stored fat vs. calories if you just ate before workout)

My conflict is...if i dont eat before...i will probably not have enough energy for my workout.

Thoughts?

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Maxwell777 View Post
    I am starting to work out in the mornings now vs. evenings. My goal is to gain muscle and lose a bunch of fat.

Should i eat first before heading out or wait till i finish my workout.

I ask because i read somewhere that you burn more fat if you work out on empty stomach in the morning (burn off stored fat vs. calories if you just ate before workout)

My conflict is...if i dont eat before...i will probably not have enough energy for my workout.

Thoughts?
    Depends on your personal preference. I hate fasted workouts personally because I have no intensity and my workouts aren't as productive. I definitely notice a difference between working out when I get home from work before dinner and after dinner. My after dinner workouts are WAY more productive.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50) man0war will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you're talking about cardio, you can do it fasted, or rather have just a carb-free protein shake before your cardio.
    Otherwise for weight lifting, I generally wouldn't recommend lifting without having a meal before the workout. You can do it, and it's nothing too serious, just that I suppose it's preffered you have as much juice in you as possible to keep up the intensity of your lifting, especially on a cut.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Worry about your total calories at the end of the day. That's going to be the biggest determinant of your success.

Eat before cardio or lifting if you so choose, or don't. Neither method is going to give you magic fat burning powers.

kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kikinz24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been training fasted and I like it. Idk the difference in how much fat I'm losing but I like waking up hittin the gym then goin to work. I have more energy during the day.

TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TelusLob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think working out in a fasted state helps your body burn fat because your energy expenditure is usually from fat oxidation since your body has low levels of insulin after an overnight fast.

Its been a highly debated topic for a while, but I personally believe it helps working out in a fasted state.
    Aug of 2010 - 330 lbs <--- Never Forget

Maxwell777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the guidance all.

I am going to try weight training without a meal to see how it goes for a week...
    Test my energy and if it dont work, I guess ill switch it up to eat before i hit the weights.