Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Critique my diet.. Cause the sticky thread wont let me reply to post.

I tried replying the the Sticky thread "Critique my diet" but it would not let me so I apologize that I am creating a new thread for this.

Female, 32 years old, 5'4 and weigh 145
    Workout routine- Monday- Friday weight training in the AM & Stair master for 40-60 min in the afternoon
    Saturday or Sunday- 40 min Stair Master

Goal: Lose body fat (I am not sure what my body fat % is) and gain lean muscle!

Macros are:

Calories: 1500
    Carbs: 131 grams
    Protein: 131 grams
    Fat: 50 grams

Any help would be so much appreciated as I can not afford a coach to give me accurate info.

jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jampottt is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's your TDEE? You want to be eating in a 10/20% deficit of that to be losing weight at a steady rate with minimal effects on hunger and the like. Too quick a cut can mess your body up. You should be consuming a minimum of 66g of dietary fat for your weight to promote healthy hormone balance, and need a minimum of 116g of protein to build muscle.

Without knowing your TDEE calories, it's difficult, but 1500 sounds low and your fats are certainly too low.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calories seem low.

Fats should be 0.4 gram per lb as a minimum. You can always eat more if it fits your calories.

I would set protein at 140 for dieting.

PS. for building muscle lifting weights is the fastest way to do it.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50) Haileyboyd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jampottt View Post
    What's your TDEE? You want to be eating in a 10/20% deficit of that to be losing weight at a steady rate with minimal effects on hunger and the like. Too quick a cut can mess your body up. You should be consuming a minimum of 66g of dietary fat for your weight to promote healthy hormone balance, and need a minimum of 116g of protein to build muscle.

Without knowing your TDEE calories, it's difficult, but 1500 sounds low and your fats are certainly too low.
    I have tired to figure out what my TDEE is through different websites and every time come up with a different number

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Calories seem low.

Fats should be 0.4 gram per lb as a minimum. You can always eat more if it fits your calories.

I would set protein at 140 for dieting.

PS. for building muscle lifting weights is the fastest way to do it.
    Thank you for your response... I do lift weights 5 days a week.. I am more of a weights person than a cardio girl..

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Haileyboyd View Post
    Thank you for your response... I do lift weights 5 days a week.. I am more of a weights person than a cardio girl..
    Alright.

At your stats a safe rate of weight loss is about a pound per week. Adjust calories in order to achieve that.

If your body fat is higher you may be able to go faster.

Alright.

At your stats a safe rate of weight loss is about a pound per week. Adjust calories in order to achieve that.

If your body fat is higher you may be able to go faster.
    I am very confused when it comes to all that.. What would be best for my calories to lose a pound a week?

I am very confused when it comes to all that.. What would be best for my calories to lose a pound a week?
    The scale will tell you.

I personally like starting a little higher, somewhere you're comfortable, and then adjust based on what happens on the scale.

The scale will tell you.

I personally like starting a little higher, somewhere you're comfortable, and then adjust based on what happens on the scale.
    Thank you very much!

JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent
    I tried replying the the Sticky thread "Critique my diet" but it would not let me so I apologize that I am creating a new thread for this.

Female, 32 years old, 5'4 and weigh 145
    Workout routine- Monday- Friday weight training in the AM & Stair master for 40-60 min in the afternoon
    Saturday or Sunday- 40 min Stair Master

Goal: Lose body fat (I am not sure what my body fat % is) and gain lean muscle!

Macros are:

Calories: 1500
    Carbs: 131 grams
    Protein: 131 grams

Any help would be so much appreciated as I can not afford a coach to give me accurate info.
    The diet seems okay to me. But, where are you getting your carbs from? Avoid the high glycemic stuff such as grains and sugars. Try tog et most of them from vegetables, sweet potatoes. THat little twist works wonders for insulin sensitivity and fat loss.

Stairmaster wont do much for fat loss. Seems like a waste of 40-60 minutes to me. All of your fat loss will come from how you diet. The stair master will still use glycogen as its energy source as will lifting weight.

Also, simply "lifting weightds" may not be enough. There are many factors involved. One being intensity of muscular effort. If youre lifting and reaching muscular failure, that is much more effective than just lifting 3 sets of 10 with out really fatiguing your fast twitch motor units. But lifting to failure also requires much more recovery time.
    I recommend lifting heavy (safely and slowly) and aiming to reach muscular failure.

SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000) SP1987 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JayVincent View Post
    The diet seems okay to me. But, where are you getting your carbs from? Avoid the high glycemic stuff such as grains and sugars. Try tog et most of them from vegetables, sweet potatoes. THat little twist works wonders for insulin sensitivity and fat loss.

Stairmaster wont do much for fat loss. Seems like a waste of 40-60 minutes to me. All of your fat loss will come from how you diet. The stair master will still use glycogen as its energy source as will lifting weight.

Also, simply "lifting weightds" may not be enough. There are many factors involved. One being intensity of muscular effort. If youre lifting and reaching muscular failure, that is much more effective than just lifting 3 sets of 10 with out really fatiguing your fast twitch motor units. But lifting to failure also requires much more recovery time.
    I recommend lifting heavy (safely and slowly) and aiming to reach muscular failure.
    strong bro science...the GI as been debunked..

I am getting my carbs from the following..
    Oatmeal
    Brown Rice
    Sweet potatoes
    and Green Veggies of course

I am getting my carbs from the following..
    Oatmeal
    Brown Rice
    Sweet potatoes
    and Green Veggies of course
    You can safely ignore his nutrition advice. It's mostly nonsense.

He's got a point about the training, it should be on a well balanced program.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat more fat, 0.4g/lb MINIMUM for hormone production and health.

The rest of your diet looks pretty solid. Post your weightlifting routine for better feedback.

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Avoid the high glycemic stuff such as grains and sugars.
    Given her size it seems unlikely that she has poor insulin sensitivity. In that case, the additional restriction won't really improve results very much so why bother?

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

2001 called, it wants it's broscience back.

Ignore this nonsense.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

Stairmaster wont do much for fat loss. Seems like a waste of 40-60 minutes to me. All of your fat loss will come from how you diet.
    Hah, almost missed this one. That's a gem of misinformation right there. Any form of exercise will burn calories and since calorie balance is the one thing to rule them all, yeah it will matter.

There is an advantage to doing higher intensity work like sprints, complexes or sled dragging, but low intensity stuff does work. Personally I do weighted walking as it gets me outside and I only have to stay motivated for the first half. (once you're halfway out you have to walk back regardless of whether you want to or not, heh)

Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    Eat more fat, 0.4g/lb MINIMUM for hormone production and health.

The rest of your diet looks pretty solid. Post your weightlifting routine for better feedback.
    Thank you for your reply..

My weight lifting routine is this..
    Mon- Legs
    tues- chest & tris
    Wed- Back & Bis
    Thurs- Legs
    Fri- Shoulders

Originally Posted by klaximilian View Post

Ignore this nonsense.
    Thank you for writing this... I was about to get really confused thinking I shouldn't be doing any stairs. Stairs are the only cardio I do..as I hate cardio but I know it will help me lose weight

Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    Hah, almost missed this one. That's a gem of misinformation right there. Any form of exercise will burn calories and since calorie balance is the one thing to rule them all, yeah it will matter.

There is an advantage to doing higher intensity work like sprints, complexes or sled dragging, but low intensity stuff does work. Personally I do weighted walking as it gets me outside and I only have to stay motivated for the first half. (once you're halfway out you have to walk back regardless of whether you want to or not, heh)
    Haha.. I feel ya!!! I do Sprints about 3X a week, but I do love the stair master.. I get shin splints REALLY bad so the stairs help!

Thank you for your reply..

My weight lifting routine is this..
    Mon- Legs
    tues- chest & tris
    Wed- Back & Bis
    Thurs- Legs
    Fri- Shoulders
    Training a muscle only once per week is suboptimal. Look for good full body routines 3x per week. Examples: Fierce 5 and All Pro.

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think the first thing you should establish is your TDEE.

Once you figure that out, adjust downward around 500 calories, while maintaining protein and fat minimums. Adjust your carb intake according to how you feel during workouts. You should keep as many carbs in your program to be able to effectively maintain intensity during workouts. If workouts suffer, your carbs are likely too low.

Also, don't adjust your calories from week to week depending on your activity levels, just be as consistent as possible so you won't have to worry about making adjustments. Better workout doesn't mean you can take in more calories, and vice versa.

Good luck.

Training a muscle only once per week is suboptimal. Look for good full body routines 3x per week. Examples: Fierce 5 and All Pro.
    As well, this.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

Thank You, I will check it out.

Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You won't regret getting on one of those routines, trust me!

What you are doing now is working just as hard for less results, might as well be as efficient as possible if you are putting in the work, right?

likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000) likeafish is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thank you for writing this... I was about to get really confused thinking I shouldn't be doing any stairs. Stairs are the only cardio I do..as I hate cardio but I know it will help me lose weight
    You don't have to do it, it won't necessarily help. The goal isn't to create the biggest deficit possible, just to create a reasonable one that allows you to stick with it and to not lose lean mass, which you can do with diet alone. 1500 for your size is a big enough deficit, you're going to feel super run down on those cals and 11 weekly workouts!

Forcing yourself to do 6 40-60 min cardio sessions a week might end up working against you. You'll grow to hate it more, being in the gym twice a day is demanding time wise, and when you start skipping cardio because you hate it/you don't have time/or your energy levels are burning out, you might end up feeling guilty, discouraged or like a failure and embrace the "oh, what the hell..." effect and sabotage yourself. Basically, don't set yourself up for failure.

Start with the minimum effort needed for results, not the maximum. Get on a good beginners program and stick to your diet (a little more protein wouldn't hurt, ~160g, it curbs appetite). Results will come. Feel free to throw in a 2000 calorie day (about your maintenance) 1-2x week too, it will help you stick to the low calories for the other 5-6 days and allow you to be social without feeling like you're cheating your diet.

Good luck and check out the female section too

I do love the stair master..
    I hate cardio...
    What is it now?

Cardio isn't necessary for your weight loss goals but it can have health benefits. Especially if you have a sedentary life style. However, it's also possible to get those cardiovascular adaptations through weight lifting.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think you would also get benefit from this thread:

Beginner's Guide to Female Bodybuilding and Fitness

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=168176343

Seems like you are coming out of the gate really fast, hard. It's consistency that gets the job done. I would back off ultra woman stats and just focus on tracking your intake properly, and getting in good weights workouts. Save 6 days a week cardio until you prove you need it. You need the energy in the weight room, and you shoudl be able to generate some good initial losses with diet alone.

Although some cardio is fine, has health benefits, and who know you may find a bit more will assist in the fat loss process. But Cross that bridge later IMO.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent JayVincent
    Originally Posted by SP1987 View Post
    strong bro science...the GI as been debunked..
    GI has been debunked by whom?

You must not understand how insulin affects the body. Its not broscience at all what-so-ever.

Originally Posted by klaximilian View Post

Ignore this nonsense.
    Again, which of this is broscience? Why dont you look up some research done by James Fisher Ph.D and James Steele Ph.D.
    Skyler Tanner. Dr. Doug McGuff M.D. and Drew Baye

Apparently you read ZERO research and havent got a damn clue what youre talking about GI is extremely important.

GI has been debunked by whom?
    Alan Aragon among others.

http://alanaragon.com/glycemic-index
    http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/...glycemic-index