DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10) DankDangles is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yet another form check - Power Clean

I know this isn't strictly an O-lifting form check, but I think O-lifters are better qualified at gauging form for power cleans than football coaches or bodybuilders.

I posted this to r/Fitness as well so here it is the post:

My friend and I are trying to learn proper clean technique. I use power cleans with low weight as a warm-up/activation on my lower body days (and potentially transitioning to olympic lifting when I don't have to use ****ty University facilities) while he is interested in improving sports performance (he's an intramural/amateur baseball shortstop).
    The only other piece of context is that we are performing POWER cleans from the power position (not to be confused with hang cleans) and receiving in ~quarter squat depth. We also both performed hip mobility work (especially hip flexor stretches with banded distraction)
    Anyhow, here are the videos:

- Myself: https://youtu.be/vCmSOwxlUkg
    - Buddy: https://youtu.be/YSOOYzhHcvI

Any additional commentary, critique or suggested coaching cues would be greatly appreciated. No need to be gentle. Tell it to us straight.

ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10) ronalbak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why did you do full clean?
    166 x5 Squat
    155 x 5 Deadlift
    **** Bench Press

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're both popping the bar off your thighs and away from your body. You bring it back in a big loop and your buddy jumps forward to catch it. Keep the bar tight to the body and do NOT bounce it off your thighs. This is not what happens in a regular power clean off the floor.

Also, You are over-extending a bit. Look how your upper back is thrown way backwards at the top of the lift. This is because you pop the bar away from the body and have to bring it back. It should be mostly straight up.