humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10) humandave is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I have 6 personal trainer sessions. How to get best out of them?

Hi folks, 55 year old male here. So so shape, feeling some aches and I think fair to say my muscles not as strong as they were a few years back.

I work in construction and I have some good strength to do the tasks I do all the time but lacking in core strength and not much cardio endurance. Also 40 years doing construction stuff and I'm not so flexible, sort of a beat up body from falling off things and such like.

So I got back into going to the gym about 2 months back. Feels good, but boy do I ache! So much so that I went to a movie today and I left half way through, partly because I wasn't into it, but mostly because I was so uncomfortable in the seat. I ache anyway even when I'm not feeling the effects of working out.

I had a free personal training session at my gym last week, it was good and I ended up booking 6 sessions.

With my sessions I don't want to just have someone tell me lift this and do that for the 6 sessions.

I could do some of the 1 hour work out classes at the gym and get a similar kind of result, and also I like the gym because it lifts my mood as I get a bit depressed at times, and if I really gun it like I did last week with the trainer + some classes I attended then I feel like crap and don't want to go as much and it's not want I want to feel like.

But having said that my body has responded by ditching some fat and muscles starting to pump... So I know you can't just do some flakey workout and get good results.

If it's too intense though I don't have any get up and go left for my construction work.

And getting older don't want to just ease into a sedentary life of chips and plumpness !

What should I look to get out of the 6 sessions besides the actual 1 on 1 attention?

I'm thinking that we figure out where I'm at now with measurements, weight and body fat + any injuries. Then set goals and then set a plan and at end of 6 sessions have a plan forward and maybe check in for a session every month or two to check stats and progress and adjust to move forward.

Anyone got any thoughts on this one appreciated!

latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fucckk personal trainers. If ykouot this passion buy the books dive deep into it learn it from the inside out.

LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LarsBoyd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    form, mobility, a stretching tips. all lifting and nutrition information depends so much on what you want to achieve it's better to line those things out by yourself
    Bench-285
    Squat-365
    Deadlift-475

Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chujinku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I read that as "how to best get out of them" at first, then finished reading your post because no TL;DR. Gotta say, proud of you man committing even with the rigors of a construction job at your age. Honestly I'd try asking if they have nutrition knowledge and if you could cash those in for like a dietary assessment and what you need to stay healthy and build endurance maybe that could be good?