PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Losing the last 20 pounds

Alright gals..

So I'm sure we all reached that point where we just want the last 20 pounds off. We have it much harder than the boys, since caloric maintenance for us is basically their calories on a cut, lol. I'm currently maintaining at 1900, but being on a cut, I'm eating 1700 cals/day.. anything lower than that is extremely difficult for me to do.

I'm sure there're some of you who have lost those last 20 pounds. I know it's possible, but how long does it take?

I'm on my third week in a cut, and I haven't lost a pound. It's frustratingly difficult to lose one and I can only imagine how much more frustrating it is to lose 20. Patience is key, but I just have to know what are some of the things that you ladies have done to maybe speed up the process?

I lift 3x a week on the NROLFW (Stage 1), no cardio.
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut
    2-1: 150 | 2-8: 149 | 2-15: 148.2 | 2-22: 150.8 | Month Total: +0.8
    3-1: xxx | 3-8: xxx | 3-15: xxx | 3-22: xxx | 3-29: xxx | Month Total:
    4-5: xxx | 4-12: xxx | 4-19: xxx | 4-26: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 5-3: xxx

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheBlackSwan View Post
    Alright gals..

So I'm sure we all reached that point where we just want the last 20 pounds off. We have it much harder than the boys, since caloric maintenance for us is basically their calories on a cut, lol. I'm currently maintaining at 1900, but being on a cut, I'm eating 1700 cals/day.. anything lower than that is extremely difficult for me to do.

I'm sure there're some of you who have lost those last 20 pounds. I know it's possible, but how long does it take?

I'm on my third week in a cut, and I haven't lost a pound. It's frustratingly difficult to lose one and I can only imagine how much more frustrating it is to lose 20. Patience is key, but I just have to know what are some of the things that you ladies have done to maybe speed up the process?

I lift 3x a week on the NROLFW (Stage 1), no cardio.
    If you maintain at 1900 and have dropped to 1700, you are creating a deficit of 200 cals/day (assuming everything else is the same, activity and such). 200 X 7 days =1400 cals per week. You need to expend approx 3500 cals to lose a pound. So that would take you about 2.5 weeks, and you are in your third week. That is IF you are very definitely maintaining an exact 200 cal deficit. One slice of bread.....lol.

I would increase the deficit if these are truly the numbers you are working with. You need a deficit of about 500 cals a day to lose a lb a week. How you choose to increase that deficit is your call 300 cals is a hella lota daily cardio lol when you currently do none. Those are some low starting numbers, I feel for 'ya if you really maintain at 1900 with your stats.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PrettyReckless has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    If you maintain at 1900 and have dropped to 1700, you are creating a deficit of 200 cals/day (assuming everything else is the same, activity and such). 200 X 7 days =1400 cals per week. You need to expend approx 3500 cals to lose a pound. So that would take you about 2.5 weeks, and you are in your third week. That is IF you are very definitely maintaining an exact 200 cal deficit. One slice of bread.....lol.

I would increase the deficit if these are truly the numbers you are working with. You need a deficit of about 500 cals a day to lose a lb a week. How you choose to increase that deficit is your call 300 cals is a hella lota daily cardio lol when you currently do none. Those are some low starting numbers, I feel for 'ya if you really maintain at 1900 with your stats.
    Good advice as always, Rowyn. (would rep, but on spread at the moment, haha, owe ya some!)

I'm a bit worried on doing cardio though (especially trying to go an additional 300 cals/day) since it's a hectic month for me in school, and it's doing the exact opposite of what I want to do (maintain muscle while fat loss) and I feel that my "HIIT" isn't "high intensity" enough to cover a 300 cal burn. (Hate cardio, so I'm really bad at it too, haha ) 2.5 weeks, darn - I was vying for a pound a week to say the least..
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Up until a week ago I was cutting on 3,500 a day

You don't have to bother with cardio if you don't want, it's a pretty inefficient way of manipulating caloric levels and it's very possible your hunger will be considerably higher then the amount of calories you burned, which is very annoying indeed.

Just find somewhere you can drop the calories from. You should still have enough leeway but what I've started doing is taking out carbohydrates on my off days.

Originally Posted by MrB1g View Post
    See! You testosterone-laden boys just have it better all the time! haha

You don't have to bother with cardio if you don't want, it's a pretty inefficient way of manipulating caloric levels and it's very possible your hunger will be considerably higher then the amount of calories you burned, which is very annoying indeed.

Just find somewhere you can drop the calories from. You should still have enough leeway but what I've started doing is taking out carbohydrates on my off days.
    Yeah, exactly.. Cardio makes me hungrier, and it takes a lot of my time too. Good suggestion on the carbs on off days. Will try to do that for sure Cheers
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut

britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Now you're just making us all jealous
    *N.A.S.M CPT*

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing -George Bernard Shaw

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds - Orison Swett

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TheBlackSwan View Post
    I'm a bit worried on doing cardio though (especially trying to go an additional 300 cals/day) since it's a hectic month for me in school, and it's doing the exact opposite of what I want to do (maintain muscle while fat loss) and I feel that my "HIIT" isn't "high intensity" enough to cover a 300 cal burn. (Hate cardio, so I'm really bad at it too, haha ) 2.5 weeks, darn - I was vying for a pound a week to say the least..
    You could increase the deficit by 150 instead and lose 1/2 a week. Unless you are truly and carefully logging every single bite (including milk in coffee and whatnot), I bet you can find those extra cals to drop. I have been tightening up my diet the past 2 weeks in preparation to cut and even though I am "experienced" with my numbers, I realized I had been doing a little more slippage than I thought lol once I tracked every single bite again.

^^ I agree with this, which is why I said where you find your deficit is your call. I can add a little cardio, but the trouble for me is that it stimulates my appetite MORE so than a steeper deficit. Plus you have to find the time to do it

I would get tight with your diet and really check where you can drop cals. For example, I am going to reduce any grain/starchy carbs in favor of more bulky veggies here shortly myself. Those carbs are not only better from a micronutrient standpoint, but they are bulkier and lower cal than other carbs and you can eat much more. However, I am holding onto my freakin' morning oatmeal for as long as possible, dangit I love that stuff lol.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Originally Posted by Rowyn View Post
    You could increase the deficit by 150 instead and lose 1/2 a week. Unless you are truly and carefully logging every single bite (including milk in coffee and whatnot), I bet you can find those extra cals to drop. I have been tightening up my diet the past 2 weeks in preparation to cut and even though I am "experienced" with my numbers, I realized I had been doing a little more slippage than I thought lol once I tracked every single bite again.

^^ I agree with this, which is why I said where you find your deficit is your call. I can add a little cardio, but the trouble for me is that it stimulates my appetite MORE so than a steeper deficit. Plus you have to find the time to do it

I would get tight with your diet and really check where you can drop cals. For example, I am going to reduce any grain/starchy carbs in favor of more bulky veggies here shortly myself. Those carbs are not only better from a micronutrient standpoint, but they are bulkier and lower cal than other carbs and you can eat much more. However, I am holding onto my freakin' morning oatmeal for as long as possible, dangit I love that stuff lol.
    Yep, I do count every single bite, lol. I think it's much more safer that way to write down what you eat, also helps me limit food intake cause I have to log it down a bit later.

Carbs are definitely the heavier thing for me, and LOL I know what you mean about oatmeal! I'm taking in some whole grains in the morning though, which I just cannot go a day without. I eat a lot of fruits and I must admit that they add a lot of carbs to my diet, but I honestly don't see how I can remove them from my diet.

I might do some 10-15 mins cardio after lifting, just so I can improve on that caloric deficit.
    Feb 1 - May 1 Cut