TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Corned Beef? Good or bad?

So I'm living out of the US for the next couple of years, and we get a shipment of some foods you can't get here and all.

We got a bunch of canned food, which includes Libby's Corned Beef. Here's the nutritional values.
    Total Fat 7g 11%
    Saturated Fat 3g 15%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 40mg 13%
    Sodium 490mg 20%
    Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
    Protein 14g
    Now, there's 6 servings in that can, so if you take all of that and multiplied it by six, you get.

Calories 720
    Sodium 2940 mg
    Total Fat 42 g
    Saturated 18 g
    Total Carbs 0 g

Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g
    Protein 84 g

Cholesterol 240 mg
    So 42g of fat, and 84g of protein, with 0 carbs, but the kicker is nearly 3000mg of sodium, which to my understanding is high.

I honestly do like corned beef, been eating it since I was a kid, but didn't know that there was that much protein in it until I started dieting and reading the labels on stuff.

I can eat a whole can of it for breakfast with like two slices of bread, so it's okay with me to eat it. It also fits into my macros.

Just need some input on this.

Is it okay to get that much sodium?
    Is it an okay source of protein and fats?
    Anyone else got something to add to the whole corned beef thing?

Aiming for cutting by the way.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes and yes unless you have hypertensive issues with your BP
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50) doctapeppadoc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It really ddepends on the individual. For somone who has trouble controlling blood presssure, it could be a problem, but for someone with natually low blood presure, it'd be fine.

Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Fish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Yes and yes unless you have hypertensive issues with your BP
    I notice your lack of concern in regards to sodium intake on the condition that there are no BP level issues posted quite often. Question, do you draw a line with this? Or is it your thought that the sky the limit as far as sodium intake is concerned as long as your BP is in check?

I'm not being critical, it's a sincere question.

TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheAverageGuy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm 19, so kind of young, and I'm a student nurse, so we gotta do vital signs and stuff a lot, so my BP has always been normal.

Thanks for the replies, and thanks again AlwaysTryin.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Live2Fish View Post
    I notice your lack of concern in regards to sodium intake on the condition that there are no BP level issues posted quite often. Question, do you draw a line with this? Or is it your thought that the sky the limit as far as sodium intake is concerned as long as your BP is in check?

I'm not being critical, it's a sincere question.
    Yes there is a line, same with eating ice cream daily etc. It's fine but doesn't mean you go eat 10L a day

having say 10g one day won't hurt then 3g the next etc. I wouldn't go out having 10g+ daily but

common sense comes into play
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321