SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool How often should I take whey protein isolate?

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right category, if not feel free to move it.
    Anyway, I'm new to this forum, and pretty new to weight lifting. I'm looking to build muscle, and loose some excess fat. Yesterday I picked up a pass to my local gym, also I picked up a tub of whey protein isolate at costco. It was a good deal so I thought I'd try it.

I was just wondering how often I should take the protein? Tipically when I wake up in the morning before school or work I don't have time to make breakfast, so I take an instant breakfast mix. Generally at school I won't have too much protein, the only thing you can get there is deep fried chicken. I usually get home around 1:00 pm, from there I can make myself some chicken, eggs or something with protein in it. On a tipical workout day I'll go workout at around 1:30. Usually when I get home, I have a dinner which usually consists of vegetables, rice and some sort of meat (porkchops, chicken, turkey etc).

So my question to you guys - when during this day should I take my whey protein isolate shake? Should I do it around lunch time, before workout, after workout? I'm totally new to this, but hopefully you guys can help me out.

Thanks,
    Sam

I train with MAX, do you? AlecGaspari's Avatar
    AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how much protein is in ur instant breakfast?

my advice would be to wake up 10 minutes earlier and make yourself a decent breakfast, its important to start your day off right. a bowl of oatmeal and a scoop or protein will only take a few minutes.

a good place to start with the protein would be to take a scoop after your workout, and then consume ur dinner 45-60 minutes later
    Senior Gaspari Board Rep/Brand Ambassador
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    alec @ gasparinutrition.com

"Above post reflects my personal opinion and has not been evaluated by the FDA, nor is intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease."

SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10) SamMF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    instant breakfast isn't much, it's like 10 grams. It fills me up for the morning though, which is the main point.

So do you think I should get up a little earlier, make some oatmeal and have it with a protein shake?

About the dinner, I usually work out at like 1:30 and my dinner isn't until 6 or 7. So I'd probably be taking the shake at around 3:00. How does the following look:

Breakfast: Instant breakfast
    Snack during the day: Nuts, fruit etc
    1:00 Either a protein shake or a chicken breast (with rice or on a whole wheat sandwhich?)
    1:30 Workout
    3:00 Protein shake
    4:00 Some sort of snack
    7:00 Dinner

As I said I'm new to this, so it's just a rough draft.

AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlecGaspari has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    now i'm 5'9 and weigh roughly 225 pounds, but this is how my day went yesterday

10:30am - 1 scoop protein powder
    11:00am - 1 egg + 7eggwhites, 3 packets of cheddar grits
    3:00pm - 1.5 cups oats, 2 scoops protein powder
    4:00pm - preworkout supplement
    4:30-6:00pm - workout
    6:00pm - 2 scoops protein powder
    7:00pm - 8oz chicken breast, 2 medium potatoes roasted, 2 cups brocolli
    11:00pm - 3 cups romaine lettuce, 6oz chicken breast, 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1/2 avacado, 1 tbsp olive oil + vinegar + lite parmesean cheese

main idea is to center each meal around lean protein, and then add carbs and fat depending on your goals and your needs. In the morning and for preworkout/postworkout, i focus on lean meats and carbs. For later in the day, I focus more on fiber, protein, and healthy fats later at night

you should get very familiar with fitday.com, an easy to way to look up calories in the foods that you eat
    www.gasparinutrition.com

"Above post reflects my personal opinion and has not been evaluated by the FDA, nor is intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease."

Ah that helps a lot, thanks a bunch.

I'll try my best to work from that. I was thinking about buying a large package of chicken breasts and cooking a weeks supply or so and chucking them in the fridge, to make it easier and so I don't have to cook everyday.

Also: what preworkout supplement do you use?
    I have Kazien's 100% Whey Protein Isolate, so would that be the protein powder that you mention at 10:30 and 6:00?

Originally Posted by SamMF View Post
    Ah that helps a lot, thanks a bunch.

I'll try my best to work from that. I was thinking about buying a large package of chicken breasts and cooking a weeks supply or so and chucking them in the fridge, to make it easier and so I don't have to cook everyday.

Also: what preworkout supplement do you use?
    I have Kazien's 100% Whey Protein Isolate, so would that be the protein powder that you mention at 10:30 and 6:00?
    I work for gaspari so I use the gaspari line pretty much exclusively - Superpump MAX is my preworkout, and my protein is Myofusion

I cook in bulk, generally twice a week I will cook my proteins, and then the other stuff i just make as I go. oatmeal and grits are a quick trip in the microwave, and my veggies/carbs are quick fixes as well. Only the chicken/fish/beef take the longest to prep and cook
    www.gasparinutrition.com

Location: Come visit Asia!, S'pore, M'sia, HK, Taipei, Bangkok, HCM City, Malaysia
    Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mr.Farang is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

I take whey isolate every morning with 1, 2 tablespoon peanut butter.
    and 1 more scoop postworkout on workout days.