sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100) sparky3 is not very well liked. (-100)

Strained forearm

IN November i was doing reverse grip curls and i guess i didn't do a warmup set. Afterwards i felt pain in forearm near my elbow. At first i couldn't even pick up a glass of water without pain. Now it's almost February and i haven't worked out since. My arm feels better but every once in awhile i feel a slight discomfort. Should i start working out again and work around this. Anyone with similar problem.

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sparky3 View Post
    IN November i was doing reverse grip curls and i guess i didn't do a warmup set. Afterwards i felt pain in forearm near my elbow. At first i couldn't even pick up a glass of water without pain. Now it's almost February and i haven't worked out since. My arm feels better but every once in awhile i feel a slight discomfort. Should i start working out again and work around this. Anyone with similar problem.
    I use almost all dumbells for my curls for this very reason.

coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000) coffey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did the same thing. I started doing wrist curls with db's and did alot of lighterweight hammercurls. they helped my elbow alot, also I started wearing a wrap to keep it warm. going higher rep/ lower weight helped so I didn't have to take any long breaks.

flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Old_Swole View Post
    I use almost all dumbells for my curls for this very reason.
    I would say the same,probably the way to go for awhile,until pain stops.

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by flyineagle96 View Post
    I would say the same,probably the way to go for awhile,until pain stops.
    Or if he gets pain from barbells just stick with DB's.

OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I suffer from this!

I have been dealing with this on and off for years and, for the last little while, today was my first day lifting heavy after a two week rest , I couldn't sit still I wanted to lift sooo bad , but I new if I didn't rest it, I could be out for months 'cus I've had this before. We've got alot of snow here right now so every night I put snow in a bucket full of water and stick my whole lower arm in for 7 min, then walk over to the sink and put it in fairly hot water for another 7 min, I usually do this 3 times, I did it again tonight and will continue for the next month after every heavy workout . If you don't start to get the inflammation out your arm it will only get worse . I got this "double sink method " off a sports medicine site along time ago ,it can't hurt to take a anti-inflamitory as well, I hope this works for you, it's the only way I can stay in the game!

Happily Married Man .pumpingiron's Avatar
    .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50) .pumpingiron will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    coincidentally, I was doing some reverse EZ bar curls today, and out of curiousity started reading threads about reverse curls

seems like alot of injuries from this exercises

Although I haven't got hurt yet doing them, I am going to scratch this exercise off my list

the reward vs. risk rate seems a little high

hope you heal up quick bro, sorry to hear about the injury

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the forearm has two major bones: the radius and the ulna

lifting heavy can torque the bones where they meet at the elbow, causing them to move out of alignment at the joint. Once out of alignment, you develop pain along the brachioradialis

I've experienced this a number of times over the years and get a chiropractor to readjust my elbow joint in less than a minute. Other than lingering inflammation, my arm movement is always back to 'normal' within 24 hours.

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldBuck is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Kimsquit

Kimsquit, I was wondering how often you have to get this done ,do you have to take time off from lifting?, also do you find the inflammation goes away by itself or do you take or do something for it . I 've never been to a chiropractor but if that's all it takes to control this ongoing problem that would be fantastic!
    DEDICATION AND DISCIPLINE , OR A LACK OF BOTH, IS WHAT SEPARATES THOSE WHO ACHIVE THIER GOALS , AND THOSE WHO ARE DEFEATED BY THEM !

Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riceman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The annular ligament is one point for such an injury. A strain to that ligament can take ages to heal.

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldBuck View Post
    Kimsquit, I was wondering how often you have to get this done ,do you have to take time off from lifting?, also do you find the inflammation goes away by itself or do you take or do something for it . I 've never been to a chiropractor but if that's all it takes to control this ongoing problem that would be fantastic!
    the first time it happened (back in 2006), I did the armband thing and was out of commission for 6 months (no back work, no reverse curls) hoping it would heal. I mentioned it to my chiro one day, he reset the joint and I was doing reverse curls 2 days later.

He showed me how to self-adjust the joint, which I do quite a bit and when it really gets out of whack, the chiro does it. I self-adjust quite a bit (more preventive than anything) and get him to reset it maybe once every two months.

The elbow is a joint that takes a lot of strain from a lot of different vectors. Since proper muscle function depends on proper joint alignment, it stands to reason that if the muscle isn't working right, the supporting structure may be off.

Kinda like the way the walls of a house depends on the integrity of the foundation

flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10) flyineagle96 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My arm always hurts there 2,now i no how to fix it thanks.
    Keep lifting,the weak drink booze!!!

LBanales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This happened to me back in May, just my left arm. Then about a month later, it happened to my right arm. Just recently, I have been able to curl decent weight again without as much pain. It affected my shoulder routine, and just getting weight up - period.
    I got some wrist straps, thinking my forearms were compensating for my wrists. It seemed to help.
    Kimsquit, can you send me some directions, or help guide me on aligning the bones myself? I have been dealing with this for over 8 months. I had to just alternate/adjust my lifting to avoid the pain. - Thanks.

Originally Posted by LBanales View Post
    Kimsquit, can you send me some directions, or help guide me on aligning the bones myself?
    no offense, but absolutely not.

It would be irresponsible of me and almost impossible to describe properly. Go spend the $40-odd dollars on a chiro and have it done properly. If you can talk him into showing you right off the bat then great, but don't be surprised if he doesn't...I've had a working relationship with mine for years now and that's why he's willing to help me out.

LBanales has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Understandable. Thanks for the info.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sorry to hear that. Have you been to a PT?
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555